Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 09:45:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Comments On Book Signing Tour
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Comments On Book Signing Tour  (Read 95734 times)
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2007, 07:01:21 AM »

But, how do we know certain things as FACT?!

You can watch the St Louis bootleg DVD and see for yourself.

Also, the errors I found are documented in that thread along with the corrections so go read.

However,  I don't think some trivial errors such as dates and such means the entire book should be taken with a grain of salt and is nothing but bullshit.

No, wrong dates means it's poorly fact checked, edited and possibly that Slash doesn't remember all the details as well as he wishes.

Even his current band mate, who happened to be in GN'R with him, acknowledges the fact that Slash doesn't remember that much.

I don't really care if none of this bothers you. I'm just repeating what I've said all along. When even, fans who weren't there, find factual errors in the parts that are common knowledge, it makes some of us think about the accuracy of the rest of the book...

/jarmo

I would go a step further and say that Slash's bandmate, Duff, said in a polite way that Slash's memory is inaccurate.

Ali

well, now i have to ask myself a question, and slash a question, why fuckin write a book if he knew his memory is "inaccurate"

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2007, 10:31:02 AM »

well, now i have to ask myself a question, and slash a question, why fuckin write a book if he knew his memory is "inaccurate"

Let's see: sueing a real estate agent for ridiculous claims, rock n' roll fantasy camp, playing on lame artists' cds..

Homeboy needs dollar?
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2007, 02:37:02 PM »

Also, the errors I found are documented in that thread along with the corrections so go read.

However,? I don't think some trivial errors such as dates and such means the entire book should be taken with a grain of salt and is nothing but bullshit.

No, wrong dates means it's poorly fact checked, edited and possibly that Slash doesn't remember all the details as well as he wishes.

Even his current band mate, who happened to be in GN'R with him, acknowledges the fact that Slash doesn't remember that much.

I don't really care if none of this bothers you. I'm just repeating what I've said all along. When even, fans who weren't there, find factual errors in the parts that are common knowledge, it makes some of us think about the accuracy of the rest of the book...

/jarmo

I would go a step further and say that Slash's bandmate, Duff, said in a polite way that Slash's memory is inaccurate.

Ali

Very good question.  You know, there was an interview done with Slash this fall before the book came out where he said that he doesn't remember most of what happened during the GN'R era.  The guy who was interviewing him over the phone said he laughed out loud when Slash said he doesn't remember most of the era of which he's primarily writing his book on.  Slash then added after he heard the interviewer laugh that he remembers enough for a book.

Ali
TK1
Headliner

« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2007, 09:56:54 PM »

However,? I don't think some trivial errors such as dates and such means the entire book should be taken with a grain of salt and is nothing but bullshit.

/jarmo

That's fair and I respect that view and can agree with it.  I simply wanted to say that the book does shed some light on the inner workings of the band in terms of how they started, wrote songs, grew into fame and fotune and then fell apart.  While there may be inconsistencies, I would hope the book can be appreciated for at least providing some entertaining stories as well as for giving the fans Slash's subjective view of what happened with that band...
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2007, 01:23:42 PM »

I'm sure Slash is telling the events as he remembers them.? You can look at all of the videos you want, but nothing can show what Slash saw through his own eyes.? I'm sure he didn't look at every single bootleg when writing the book.? I'd imagine he told the story as he recalled it.? ?And, I'm sure each band member has their own version of what happened that night.? Slash admits several times he is telling the version of events throughout the book that he remembers.? I don't mind people having an opinion on his book, but some people here are so harsh and extreme they honestly come across like they believe Slash has purposely written a 500 page book that is all lies.? With all the negativity he has received, you'd think he would have committed some serious crimes.? If Slash's biggest fault is his stories from previous years have changed or he has changed his views over time, then I don't think think he is quite the bad guy some people make him out to be...

you people can keep defending him to death.. but the fact of the matter is, we cannot take this book with anything except a grain of salt.? ?if this was a book written about slash by someone else and wasn't "official" you slash fanboys would be agreeing with me.

this was supposed to "set the record straight", when all it did was make things more confusing.

he really only wanted to set the record straight as to why he left.  He lists 3 reasons.  All of them are apparant and leaves no room for confusion.  As for the stories, that's all they are.....some of the stories led to the reasons....but their are certain facts that are what they are.....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2007, 01:30:07 PM »

he really only wanted to set the record straight as to why he left.  He lists 3 reasons.  All of them are apparant and leaves no room for confusion.  As for the stories, that's all they are.....some of the stories led to the reasons....but their are certain facts that are what they are.....

Yeah, and musical differences apparently had nothing to do with it.

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JAC185
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2007, 01:44:28 PM »

He didn't say that. He said they wouldn't have just broken up because one had one idea and one had another.
OreGunsNRoses
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2007, 03:27:31 PM »

well when your singer cant make up his mind, is unreliable, usually never shows up to rehearse or write songs, and when he does show up never sings, I could see that as a valid reason to leave. Not to mention auditioning other guitar players(wylde) w/o anyone elses input, and hiring another(huge/tobias) against the wishes of the rest of the band
SpiritDave
One man Matt Sorum fan club
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2007, 09:22:26 PM »

here in the UK the book sells for ?20, although some shops have a ?5 off deal. I think there's both hardback and soft, as I'm sure I've seen it somewhere for ?8. After Xmas when the sales kick off i'll go and take alook, as I do want to read the book.

Don't waste your time.  Its loaded with bullshit.

Dude ... so are a massive amount of your posts Smiley  But I don't hold that against you Smiley hehe

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2008, 06:04:40 PM »

he really only wanted to set the record straight as to why he left.? He lists 3 reasons.? All of them are apparant and leaves no room for confusion.? As for the stories, that's all they are.....some of the stories led to the reasons....but their are certain facts that are what they are.....

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

slash addressed that and said no; it had more to do with the chemistry of the replacements for Izzy, or lackthereof; attendance issues / start times at shows; and the whole name ownership thing; if you read the book, you'd know this...
Ali
Legend

« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2008, 08:00:53 PM »

he really only wanted to set the record straight as to why he left.? He lists 3 reasons.? All of them are apparant and leaves no room for confusion.? As for the stories, that's all they are.....some of the stories led to the reasons....but their are certain facts that are what they are.....

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

slash addressed that and said no; it had more to do with the chemistry of the replacements for Izzy, or lackthereof; attendance issues / start times at shows; and the whole name ownership thing; if you read the book, you'd know this...

The problem is not what Slash said in the book, but what he said several times in the years preceding the release of the book regarding his feelings on the direction of the band musically.

Ali
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2008, 08:19:46 PM »

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

so am I now supposed to assume that all those comments back in the 90s about how he enjoyed playing with Gilby so much more than Izzy were lies?  What about Gilby playing on the snakepit album?   or the fact that Matt Sorum has been stuck up his ass since 1991?    So its really the lack of chemistry with those guys who replaced some of the AFD members?

maybe slash is just the type of guy who says whatever suits his agenda at the time?   take a look at all the various comments he's made over the years and thats pretty obvious.
SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2008, 10:42:44 PM »

It does amaze me ... all of this.  I mean ... Axl will one day write a book.  I 1000% guarantee you that it will be full of errors and possible interpreted lies .... and yet Jarmo and the Army of Doom will definitely argue that it's all 100% fact.

It's an obvious case of fanatics going mental over thier gods ... Axl is Jarmo's hero.  He worships the ground he walks on.  Slash is my hero, and to an extent, I do worship him.  His talent and skill and pure musicianship has always inspired me.  We all act like these people are our gods, but we all forget ... both sides of this argument, which is a pointless and actually quite disgusting abuse of a band we all love[d], are achiving fuck all.

It's driving us all apart.

I wish to God this forum had better moderation.  I'm guilty of slinging shit a lot ... Jarmo, as much as you wont admit it... you stir shit on a very daily basis, just to provoke, and to keep people coming to the site.  All these hate threads need to be deleted.  I know that if I posted something about Axl in the Guns section ... for instance ... Erin Everly claimed ... and so did Stephany Seymour, that Axl had emotionally and physically abused her during their relationship.  Personally, I 100% believe that.

But would a thread dedicated to that, showing court papers etc, be allowed to exist on HTGTH, and if it were, would Jarmo and co admit that yes, Axl is a nutter who beats women?  I don't think so.

So ... let's stop all this shit about Slash vs Axl.... because Slash and Axl aren't at war.  The so called fans are.

<--- Apparently I'm a one man Matt Sorum fan club - Well, if that's the case, I'm proud to be! - Btw, I just love the whole deleting posts thing here Smiley
Ali
Legend

« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2008, 01:18:06 AM »

It does amaze me ... all of this.? I mean ... Axl will one day write a book.? I 1000% guarantee you that it will be full of errors and possible interpreted lies .... and yet Jarmo and the Army of Doom will definitely argue that it's all 100% fact.

It's an obvious case of fanatics going mental over thier gods ... Axl is Jarmo's hero.? He worships the ground he walks on.? Slash is my hero, and to an extent, I do worship him.? His talent and skill and pure musicianship has always inspired me.? We all act like these people are our gods, but we all forget ... both sides of this argument, which is a pointless and actually quite disgusting abuse of a band we all love[d], are achiving fuck all.

I wish to God this forum had better moderation.? I'm guilty of slinging shit a lot ... Jarmo, as much as you wont admit it... you stir shit on a very daily basis, just to provoke, and to keep people coming to the site.? All these hate threads need to be deleted.? I know that if I posted something about Axl in the Guns section ... for instance ... Erin Everly claimed ... and so did Stephany Seymour, that Axl had emotionally and physically abused her during their relationship.? Personally, I 100% believe that.

But would a thread dedicated to that, showing court papers etc, be allowed to exist on HTGTH, and if it were, would Jarmo and co admit that yes, Axl is a nutter who beats women?? I don't think so.

So ... let's stop all this shit about Slash vs Axl.... because Slash and Axl aren't at war.? The so called fans are.

I find it immensely humorous that you say Jarmo stirs shit and that you think we should stop all this shit about Slash vs. Axl while you also say that Axl is someone who beats women.  What kind of a response to you expect to provoke from repeating an unproven and hot-button allegation like that?  Aren't you trying to stir shit by saying that to someone who you claim worships the ground Axl walks on?

There are NO court papers that show that allegation to be true.  None whatsoever.  There are only depositions where those allegations were stated on the record.  Those allegations were never, ever proven to be true because no charges were ever even filed.

If you're gonna criticize someone for doing something, for God's sakes, at least don't do it in the same post where you do exactly what you are criticizing.

Ali
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2008, 03:23:20 AM »

It does amaze me ... all of this.? I mean ... Axl will one day write a book.? I 1000% guarantee you that it will be full of errors and possible interpreted lies ...

I bet you $10 that Axl will never write a book.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2008, 10:05:35 AM »

It does amaze me ... all of this.  I mean ... Axl will one day write a book.  I 1000% guarantee you that it will be full of errors and possible interpreted lies .... and yet Jarmo and the Army of Doom will definitely argue that it's all 100% fact.

It's an obvious case of fanatics going mental over thier gods ... Axl is Jarmo's hero.  He worships the ground he walks on.  Slash is my hero, and to an extent, I do worship him.  His talent and skill and pure musicianship has always inspired me.  We all act like these people are our gods, but we all forget ... both sides of this argument, which is a pointless and actually quite disgusting abuse of a band we all love[d], are achiving fuck all.

I wish to God this forum had better moderation.  I'm guilty of slinging shit a lot ... Jarmo, as much as you wont admit it... you stir shit on a very daily basis, just to provoke, and to keep people coming to the site.  All these hate threads need to be deleted.  I know that if I posted something about Axl in the Guns section ... for instance ... Erin Everly claimed ... and so did Stephany Seymour, that Axl had emotionally and physically abused her during their relationship.  Personally, I 100% believe that.

But would a thread dedicated to that, showing court papers etc, be allowed to exist on HTGTH, and if it were, would Jarmo and co admit that yes, Axl is a nutter who beats women?  I don't think so.

So ... let's stop all this shit about Slash vs Axl.... because Slash and Axl aren't at war.  The so called fans are.

I find it immensely humorous that you say Jarmo stirs shit and that you think we should stop all this shit about Slash vs. Axl while you also say that Axl is someone who beats women.  What kind of a response to you expect to provoke from repeating an unproven and hot-button allegation like that?  Aren't you trying to stir shit by saying that to someone who you claim worships the ground Axl walks on?

There are NO court papers that show that allegation to be true.  None whatsoever.  There are only depositions where those allegations were stated on the record.  Those allegations were never, ever proven to be true because no charges were ever even filed.

If you're gonna criticize someone for doing something, for God's sakes, at least don't do it in the same post where you do exactly what you are criticizing.

Ali

Since you didn't read what I meant in my post, just for your small brain I'll re-iterate.  I was using it as an example of the fact that this kind of thing would be either ignored, deleted, or dismissed entirely as lies.  Which you helped to prove my point.

There may not be any court papers, but the fact that two people said he was like that and you still say it's not true.  Yet, when that guy says about Todd dying and Slash lying about it, you absolutely believe him.  This is the kind of behaviour that proves my point.

suicide
VIP

« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2008, 10:54:12 AM »

I've only read the first half of Slash's book and so far I really like it! Even if there are some errors in the book, who cares?

It's not like Slash intended to write the fuckin' bible, he just wants to tell us his story, how he remembers it.
If Axl told his story would we get the truth and nothing but...? Nope, we'd get his version, the way Axl remembers what happened.

Talkin' 'bout the bible. You know there are (if I'm not mistaken) 4 books that basically tell the same story but even these stories differ.

Can you really tell the truth? Nope. You can only tell your version of it.

Maybe we could make a list with the errors that are in the book and hand them to Slash so he could correct these for a second printing.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2008, 01:43:17 PM »

It does amaze me ... all of this.? I mean ... Axl will one day write a book.? I 1000% guarantee you that it will be full of errors and possible interpreted lies .... and yet Jarmo and the Army of Doom will definitely argue that it's all 100% fact.

It's an obvious case of fanatics going mental over thier gods ... Axl is Jarmo's hero.? He worships the ground he walks on.? Slash is my hero, and to an extent, I do worship him.? His talent and skill and pure musicianship has always inspired me.? We all act like these people are our gods, but we all forget ... both sides of this argument, which is a pointless and actually quite disgusting abuse of a band we all love[d], are achiving fuck all.

I wish to God this forum had better moderation.? I'm guilty of slinging shit a lot ... Jarmo, as much as you wont admit it... you stir shit on a very daily basis, just to provoke, and to keep people coming to the site.? All these hate threads need to be deleted.? I know that if I posted something about Axl in the Guns section ... for instance ... Erin Everly claimed ... and so did Stephany Seymour, that Axl had emotionally and physically abused her during their relationship.? Personally, I 100% believe that.

But would a thread dedicated to that, showing court papers etc, be allowed to exist on HTGTH, and if it were, would Jarmo and co admit that yes, Axl is a nutter who beats women?? I don't think so.

So ... let's stop all this shit about Slash vs Axl.... because Slash and Axl aren't at war.? The so called fans are.

I find it immensely humorous that you say Jarmo stirs shit and that you think we should stop all this shit about Slash vs. Axl while you also say that Axl is someone who beats women.? What kind of a response to you expect to provoke from repeating an unproven and hot-button allegation like that?? Aren't you trying to stir shit by saying that to someone who you claim worships the ground Axl walks on?

There are NO court papers that show that allegation to be true.? None whatsoever.? There are only depositions where those allegations were stated on the record.? Those allegations were never, ever proven to be true because no charges were ever even filed.

Ali

Since you didn't read what I meant in my post, just for your small brain I'll re-iterate.? I was using it as an example of the fact that this kind of thing would be either ignored, deleted, or dismissed entirely as lies.? Which you helped to prove my point.

There may not be any court papers, but the fact that two people said he was like that and you still say it's not true.? Yet, when that guy says about Todd dying and Slash lying about it, you absolutely believe him.? This is the kind of behaviour that proves my point.

Actually, my brain is properly proportioned and fully functional.  But, thank you for revealing your childishness with such a cheap shot.

I didn't prove your point at all.  You would know that if YOU actually read what I wrote.  My point was that you were bringing up an unproven allegation to do exactly what you were accusing Jarmo of:  stirring shit up.

Last time I checked, Axl Rose was a citizen of the United States of America.  As a US citizen, like all other citizens, he is innocent of a crime until he is proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law.  Charges were never even filed in regards to the accusations, so how in the hell can you presume guilt otherwise?

I question Slash's accuracy regarding the circumstances of Todd Crew's death because of what the guitarist of the Jetboys said and what one of the posters here, Missy, said.  I, for one, never claimed to know definitively that Slash was lying about how Todd Crew died.  Merely, I was curious what his response would be to questions about the accuracy of what is written in his book.

What's the difference between that and those allegations regarding Axl?  Easy.  The commission of a criminal act.

Ali
SpiritDave
Banned
Rocker

Spiritofthestate.com

« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2008, 06:13:51 PM »

Ok ... so you question Slash's truth because someone said something to the contrary?

Ok , I accept that.

I question Axl ... because two people said he beat the fuck out of them.

Fair?

But no ... you come running in and tell me it's unproven therefore he's not guilty unless proven innocent.

Well, Slash wasn't proven guilty ... you're just using two people's opinion.  And those two people weren't even there and didn't claim to be there either.  They're just mates who were there around the time.  But they weren't there in the room.  And they never said they were.

So my two sources for the Axl thing (which I am ONLY using as an example of the one sided nature of people like you, and not to highlight a crime specifically) would technically be closer to beleivable because they claimed to be in the room at the time .... but your two sources for the Slash thing do not.

Dude ... you're a fool.
Smiley

Ali
Legend

« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2008, 06:44:02 PM »

Ok ... so you question Slash's truth because someone said something to the contrary?

Ok , I accept that.

I question Axl ... because two people said he beat the fuck out of them.

Fair?

But no ... you come running in and tell me it's unproven therefore he's not guilty unless proven innocent.

Well, Slash wasn't proven guilty ... you're just using two people's opinion.? And those two people weren't even there and didn't claim to be there either.? They're just mates who were there around the time.? But they weren't there in the room.? And they never said they were.

So my two sources for the Axl thing (which I am ONLY using as an example of the one sided nature of people like you, and not to highlight a crime specifically) would technically be closer to beleivable because they claimed to be in the room at the time .... but your two sources for the Slash thing do not.

Dude ... you're a fool.
Smiley

You're the fool sir.? You're comparing misrepresenting the facts in something that is not a criminal act to the commission of a criminal act.? You're also leaving out some very crucial bits of information.

There is no proving Slash guilty of anything because he didn't commit a crime.? That's why I said I was curious about what his response would be.

And now on to the crucial bits of information you are leaving out:? Your two "sources" chose to file civil lawsuits against Axl Rose where they can receive monetary damage awards and not criminal charges where true justice is metered out.? So, yes, I find the reliability of your "sources" to be questionable.? Call it the Kobe Bryant case syndrome.

And, let's keep in mind that Slash did misrepresent the sequence of events during the St. Louis riot and there is incontrivertable video proof of that.? So, obviously there is a precedent for questioning the accuracy of the words in Slash's book.

And, let's be honest, I said I question the accuracy of Slash's description of Todd Crew's death, you said you 100% believe that Axl beat Erin Everly and Stephanie Seymour.  There is a distinct difference.

It's not as simple as you would like it to be no matter how much you would like it to be.

Ali
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 06:50:37 PM by Ali » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: