Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 09:34:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Velvet Revolver Axe Aussie Tour For Health Reasons
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver Axe Aussie Tour For Health Reasons  (Read 15964 times)
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2007, 11:19:37 PM »

I'm leaning towards the Japan visa thing being the reason for the delay. It would be alot more economical for them to do both shows on the same trip. But if that's the case they should just say it is due to the visa thing, rather than just bull shitting, and now looking like asses for booking more shows.

If it is due to the face that ticket sales are poor, then fuck that. You book a tour, that's the risk you take. You make a commitment, you should honor it.
At least it sounds like the shows are being reschedualed. If they do cancell them then they are just going to piss off their remaining fan base who got tickets, and if sales are low then they shouldn't be trying to piss off the fans who are still supporting them.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2007, 06:41:38 AM »

Tick tick tick tick tick....

"This is the end, my only friend, the end..."

"my only friend ... the end"

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2007, 07:05:24 AM »

It's funny- they're still doing a lot of stuff on VH1 for the tour still. Running the ads for the shows and showing the making of Libertad and right now the South American tour doco is on.
It's annoying- it's making me pumped for what should be this Wednesdays show!
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2007, 09:12:13 AM »

If it was strictly about money or tickets not selling then they could use the old "scheduling conflicts" excuse or give no reason at all.  I wouldn't think they would use the term "health issues" lightly considering the speculation and rumors that starts.  Let's hope everyone is OK.

It was the Australian media that reported the "health issues"... on Velvet Revolvers website, they do not give a reason.

How can you cancel shows from December 4-9 for "health issues" but play the show on December 12th?  The Universal City show is one of 3 shows still listed on their website.

Well to be fair...if your sick its a motherfucker of a flight from the usa to australia..so i guess u might be well enough fpr a short journey and show but daunted by a massive leg across the world.
JimBobTTD
Rocker

« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2007, 09:53:56 AM »

Also, to be fair, they haven't "axed" the tour. The tour has been postponed. Typical media bullshit, trying to sensationalise everything.

Has there been an official reason given?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2007, 10:11:28 AM »

No.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2007, 10:20:07 AM »

Also, to be fair, they haven't "axed" the tour. The tour has been postponed. Typical media bullshit, trying to sensationalise everything.

According to the website, they are rescheduling for 2008 and tickets bought will be valid for the shows then

libertad
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2007, 02:04:24 PM »

I guess time will tell. According to Velvet Revolver's website... New Australian dates, expected to be between January and March of next year, will be announced on Monday.

So we will know on Monday. Wink

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2007, 07:36:42 PM »

I thought they were going to Europe by those months... Oh well...

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
r3dhawk6
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2007, 07:38:18 PM »

what a bummer! ?i hope it all gets ironed out and back on track. ?
i finally caught one of their shows late last summer and it was so fuckin' awesome i want all the fans who haven't seen them live yet not to miss out on an extraordinary experience. ?i'm so glad now that i didn't talk myself out of going because i couldn't afford it, it was a looong drive, etc. ?
i'm really leaning towards the idea that they want to coincide their international dates for economic reasons and i can understand not wanting to waste money. ?i'm rooting for them to do right by the japanese and aussie fans.
r3dhawk6
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2007, 07:50:15 PM »

well with Libertad tanking, Slash out touring with his book, and Duff talking about wanting back in GnR, what do you expect?
or maybe "health issues" means scott is back on the dope

Where's this at?? I haven't read anything about that.

I read that interview and "Duff talking about wanting back in GNR" is just another example of a lameass interviewer playing the GNR reunion card.? There was NOTHING new or of substance in that interview especially in regards to Duff reuniting with GNR.? Its seriously pathetic that journalists can't come up with any new and/or relevant material when interviewing former members of GNR.?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2007, 08:29:08 PM »

well with Libertad tanking, Slash out touring with his book, and Duff talking about wanting back in GnR, what do you expect?

or maybe "health issues" means scott is back on the dope

Where's this at?? I haven't read anything about that.

it on blabbermouth..

Australia's News.com.au reports that VELVET REVOLVER's bass guitarist Duff says he's open to hooking up with GUNS N' ROSES again and, of course, Axl Rose ? as as long as it's not too chaotic.

And he intends seeing Australia on a Harley-Davidson when his band tours next month.

Speaking to News.com.au's Qconfidential from a beachside bar in Maui where he ordered a cocktail during the interview, Duff said he and Slash had discussed a possible GUNS N' ROSES show.

"It would be a lot of fun as long as it was on a fun level and say just 10 shows to huge crowds," Duff said.

"But we're not really hanging around for a call or with our breath held."
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2007, 09:22:54 AM »

AMERICAN rockers Velvet Revolver have postponed next week's Australian tour citing "health issues".
The band, formed by former Stone Temple Pilots singer Scott Weiland with Guns N? Roses legends Slash and Duff McKagan, had two concerts scheduled at the Enmore Theatre next Wednesday and Thursday.

They were forced to pull their dates in Japan when immigration officials refused their visa requests due to the criminal backgrounds of some of their members, particularly Weiland, who has a long history of battling drug addiction.

Neither the band?s record label SonyBMG nor Australian promoter KMW Productions were able to explain the last-minute change of heart by the band - with a spokeswoman saying Velvet Revolver management would not go into details about the mysterious health issues and which band members were afflicted.

Slash conducted interviews with Australian media yesterday and was excited about the band returning to Australia to perform.

The promoter is expected to release details about the rescheduling of the tour and refund of tickets later today.
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22847723-5001021,00.html

===========================

Whats this about? Poor ticket sales, Scott relapsing with his drug problem, or what?

Didnt see the other thread, sorry
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2007, 09:24:40 AM »

couple of days old, hombre

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=49940.0
twatty
Headliner

« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2007, 07:59:01 PM »

Now I'm really annoyed, my hotel won't change my booking as it's too close to the date and the friggin airline won't hold the fare! They want me to change my flights to a dummy date at $160 then change them again when the new dates are announced at another $160, what a pack of rip off merchants!
Guess I'll go to Sydney for 2 days and twiddle my thumbs then sit at home when VR decide to finally tour!

Do you know where the f**k you are?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2007, 11:12:12 PM »

Undercover.com is saying February...

Velvet Revolver Shows Postponed

by Paul Cashmere - December 3 2007

Velvet Revolver's Australian tour has been put back until next February.

The tour was due to begin in Brisbane tomorrow night but illness has delayed the tour.

As part of the Australian tour, Velvet Revolver were to perform this Friday night at the launch of the new 2008 Harley Davidson motorcycle.

Tickets for the shows throughout December will be valid for the new shows in 2008.

http://www.undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=3557

twatty
Headliner

« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2007, 01:10:14 AM »

I talked to the promotors today and they said the new dates will be announced within 48 hours, they are not saying why the shows were postponed but Japan has nothing to do with it!

Do you know where the f**k you are?
badapple81
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2007, 02:59:18 AM »

Health reasons sounds like a load of crap. Most likely want to do it economically and play after Japan.. which sucks for those who I know already got flights and accomodation. Glad I didn't waste my money.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2007, 11:24:32 PM »

Well, now I think we know what the "health reasons" are, don't we??
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2007, 12:32:56 AM »

Well, now I think we know what the "health reasons" are, don't we? 

Yeah, and there are going to be a lot of headlines in Australia like this one...

Velvet Revolver Tour Postponed - Weiland Arrested!

04 December 2007

Listen up Slash fans! Dates for metal band Velvet Revolver's upcoming Australian tour have been postponed.

News broke last week that the tour had been postponed, however no reason was given at the time. Reports this week have revealed that singer Scott Weiland has been arrested for driving under the influence of drugs.

http://www.take40.com/action/newsdetail?articleId=13758

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: