Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 10:06:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Fire in Malibu 11/24/07...Axl's home damaged...Flea's from RHCP saved
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fire in Malibu 11/24/07...Axl's home damaged...Flea's from RHCP saved  (Read 39757 times)
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #140 on: November 26, 2007, 10:38:23 AM »

you know when you think of it.axl has been through earthquakes and fires now.the nateral disaters are crazy and it seems axl just finds them now.strange to think something could happen to him just going through regular life.you would think the years of guns n roses would have been bad for him but not now.just strange to think after all these years axl still survived.great for him that is awesome really.

the one an only horsey !
Gabbana One
Opening Act

« Reply #141 on: November 26, 2007, 10:38:44 AM »

I'm really glad and relieved that Axl and his family/ house are safe. This is no joking matter. It could have been a lot worse.

Great to hear!

Like I said in a previous post, my house caught fire when I was young and YA it is scary!

You do want to do everything you can to help stop it!  But can be dangerous!  I tried too but the firemen sent me away so they could do their job.  I could have been killed easily.

Sad to hear, but I am very happy everyone is OK. 

A lot of people in California need our prayers for all they have lost including lives.  Cry

Meet new friends at:
www.yuwie.com/rosegarden87
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #142 on: November 26, 2007, 10:39:52 AM »

Damn! That's not cool! I hope the damage wasn't too bad. These fires suck. I'm glad Axl and company were not injured!

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
Jude
Rocker

« Reply #143 on: November 26, 2007, 10:54:25 AM »

Its so great to hear that Axl is ok.  ok

But wow, like others have said, Axl's house is very beautiful, and not much changed, its quite strange and interesting thing.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #144 on: November 26, 2007, 11:01:51 AM »

Damn! That's not cool!

it's an inferno. can't be cool But strangely you wouldn't feel the heat on the spot. It's that scary.
smishkey
Rocker

Let's go Mets!

« Reply #145 on: November 26, 2007, 11:55:40 AM »

Glad to see everything's okay for Axl and his extended family.  I live in Fla. and hurricanes are scary, but at least we get a few days notice.  I can't imagine what it must be like in Malibu, where fires just start out of nowhere and just wreak havoc in a matter of hours.  That's scary shit.
  Side note: what is with that giant satelite dish from '86 in Axl's yard?  Get rid of that thing man!  It's 2007.

"They're lead singer-haters"  Scott, 4-23-08 on Howard
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #146 on: November 26, 2007, 01:08:22 PM »

thats funny ,it's pretty big too.bet he gets alot of tv stations that way.maybe other planets as well lol.just messin '

the one an only horsey !
Natasha23
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #147 on: November 26, 2007, 02:13:48 PM »

It's nice Beta passed on a thank you, but i do wonder ( since they are private people) how annoying it must have been to be on the TV everywhere ?? Undecided

The TV crew must have gotten permission to be on the property.  And it is the house he used for a music video, so it's been on TV before anyway.

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #148 on: November 26, 2007, 02:22:35 PM »

Damn! That is some scary stuff. The vines in the corner all burnt ... that was a close call. Glad all is relatively ok.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #149 on: November 26, 2007, 02:26:05 PM »

Glad to see everything's okay for Axl and his extended family.? I live in Fla. and hurricanes are scary, but at least we get a few days notice.? I can't imagine what it must be like in Malibu, where fires just start out of nowhere and just wreak havoc in a matter of hours.? That's scary shit.
? Side note: what is with that giant satelite dish from '86 in Axl's yard?? Get rid of that thing man!? It's 2007.

You still need a satelite like that in the US if you want to get transmission of signals from places like Asia and South America, and I am going to assume that is exactly why that dish is still there  ok
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #150 on: November 26, 2007, 02:39:36 PM »

The TV crew must have gotten permission to be on the property.? And it is the house he used for a music video, so it's been on TV before anyway.
The TV crew probably gained access to the area by a "freedom of the press" type thing because they were covering the fires.

There's a big difference between him giving them his permission to film his property or him using those images as he chooses (i.e. music video) than the press taking advantage of him during a horrible situation and invading his privacy like that. ?no

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #151 on: November 26, 2007, 02:55:47 PM »

Thanks for that news link...I'm so very glad that Axl's place, Beta, and all around came through okay.

Video is up at Blabbermouth.net

Report: AXL ROSE 'Fought To Save His Home' From Wildfire - Nov. 25, 2007

KCAL-TV (Channel 9), an independent station in Los Angeles, California owned by CBS Corporation, is reporting that GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose has plenty to be thankful for this Thanksgiving weekend, but it was a close call. The wildfire in Southern California that left six firefighters hurt and destroyed dozens burnt his roof and all around his expansive property.

Rose's assistant Beta Lebeis, who lives on the property, says the rock legend fought to save his home. "He helped a lot," she said. "He did a lot. He was with the hose everywhere. Then the firetruck came in and locked us. So then they told us, 'Just close the garage doors and just go back in. There's nothing you can do,' because it was like an inferno outside."

A KCAL-TV report on the Malibu wildfire ? which includes shots of Axl's home and a short interview with Rose's assistant ? can be viewed below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=85524

Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #152 on: November 26, 2007, 04:11:34 PM »

The TV crew must have gotten permission to be on the property.? And it is the house he used for a music video, so it's been on TV before anyway.
The TV crew probably gained access to the area by a "freedom of the press" type thing because they were covering the fires.

There's a big difference between him giving them his permission to film his property or him using those images as he chooses (i.e. music video) than the press taking advantage of him during a horrible situation and invading his privacy like that. ?no

which was why i said it must have been annoying, it is intruding, especially since the house hasn't been shown in over 15 years and even the girl who was invited by axl a few years back wasn't allowed to take piccies, so the press comes in and the whole country sees it ?

annoying.

Nothing to say
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #153 on: November 26, 2007, 04:12:33 PM »

Damn! That's not cool!

it's an inferno. can't be cool But strangely you wouldn't feel the heat on the spot. It's that scary.

how come ? do you mean the heat is so hot that you don't feel the burn ? i'm lost, i'm too frenglish on this one, i need baby talk please??? Embarrassed

Nothing to say
Fernando
The REAL Fernando
Rocker

Adz sucks irl.

« Reply #154 on: November 26, 2007, 04:44:42 PM »

Listen, I just wanted to let you guys know that I am safe as well, I am in Brazil and the fires didn't get this far. Just so everyone knows...

Narcissism has a lot to do with selfishness and deep need for adoration, not giving a fuck for others and promoting themselves at the expense of others often publicly.
Jessica
Legend

Still there

« Reply #155 on: November 26, 2007, 04:52:29 PM »

Listen, I just wanted to let you guys know that I am safe as well, I am in Brazil and the fires didn't get this far. Just so everyone knows...

Good ! Your mother must have felt relieved knowing one of her children was far from this inferno. yes
Are you enjoying yourself ?

Nothing to say
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #156 on: November 26, 2007, 04:59:02 PM »

Glad you are ok. Thank goodness no one was killed in these fires.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #157 on: November 26, 2007, 05:01:46 PM »

I didn't know Bon Jovi were playing in Brazil...  Grin

uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #158 on: November 26, 2007, 05:07:57 PM »

its good to know everyone is ok.

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #159 on: November 26, 2007, 05:08:32 PM »

Malibu Fire 90 Percent Contained

Nov 26, 2007 5:45 am US/Pacific

(AP) MALIBU, Calif. The Malibu wildfire, which has scorched 4,900 acres, was 90 percent contained Monday, with full containment expected later in the day, authorities said.

Full containment was expected by 6 p.m., according to a Los Angeles County Fire Department dispatcher.

"This has definitely been one of the worst fires we've had here in the Malibu area," Los Angeles County Fire Capt. Gil Sanchez said. "This fire took so many homes so quickly due to the Santa Ana winds that blew in such a short period of time."

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger visited the burn area Sunday and was briefed on the fire.

"We lost 53 homes -- that's the latest update that I've gotten -- which is very sad," he said. "We want to get those people back on their feet as soon as possible."

In addition, another 34 homes and 11 outbuildings were damaged, and about 27 outbuildings, 14 vehicles and one mobile home were also destroyed.

Damage might total near $100 million as a result of the fire, which began early Saturday at an isolated, dead-end mountain road notorious for late night bonfire parties, fire officials said.

Investigators said the fire was started by "human activity," but have not determined whether it was deliberately set.

Residents of Corral, Latigo and Escondido canyons were allowed to drive into their fire-ravaged neighborhoods Sunday night. Checkpoints ensured that only residents -- and not looters -- drove up the twisting canyon roads.

As many as 14,000 residents were ordered to evacuate Saturday.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: