Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 08:33:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 57 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The frustration thread - about Chinese Democracy  (Read 158504 times)
Csavoie
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1040 on: September 21, 2007, 02:53:31 PM »

I know a lot of people anxious for axl to put out CD.
It has been a long 5 years since we first heard about the album.
But i think its worth the wait.
Axl is making the ?album perfect and i think that is a good thing.
Id much rather have him take his time and do it on his terms than just put out an album before its done.

Also listen to the new songs from rio then from one of the new songs (pitt or MSG).
The songs have come a long way.
They ?are even better than they were at rio.
Just think how much better the songs we have not heard must have improved.
Axl also said they have written new songs that bumped off other songs.
so those songs must be amazing.

Look at metallica with loaded and reloaded. IMO those albums were horrible. If they took more time to work on them i bet they would have been much better.

Also gnr fans are not the only one who have waited 5 years or so for new albums.
Look at NIN and Tool fans.
Trent and Maynard both, like axl, take forever to put out albums.
And why? Because they, like axl, are perfectionist.
And it shows in their work.
They albums are always masterpieces and not just throw together.

So im glad axl is taking his time and doing the albums on his own terms.
Because the 3 albums it has take him to make are going to be great.
I think they will be well worth the wait especially if we get 3 albums in 3 years like his plan is.

So remember tool and nin fans know how gnr fans feel about waiting for an album, and look at how great those albums turned out.
It makes you anticipate how great CD is going to be.

Edit: Merged a bunch of threads about the frustration and waiting into one. /jarmo
Yes, I think the frustration about Chinese Democracy, is I
think he is trying to make it a perfect album and yes he probably is if it be a good
success like the other albums. I know Axl he is going to send them out when he
think it ready to be released.

damnthehaters
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1041 on: September 21, 2007, 03:04:07 PM »

This thread is for all those people who have been here for years and want to ask questions, or let out there frustrations on this album.  For those new to this site, you can keep up with saying that "the album will come out when it comes out" or "I know it's coming out soon" or "why are you all so negetive"?, but you just don't understand.  Were not being negetive, or dissing on Axl, were just speaking the truth most of the time, but you guys and girls can't accept that.  You newbies, or Axlites won't understand until around 2009. 

And no, this doesn't mean that we don't like the new band, or don't like Axl, or are giving up on the album.  We just need a place to come and talk.  Just like there is a place for every other GNR fan to come and talk on here.   

Do you think you can handle this Jarmo?  I know that your the most positive guy in the entire world and will stick up for Axl no matter what he does.  However, there are others (who still like Axl, GNR, and the new music) who every once in a while, would like to ask why? or WTF? or speak the truth without the damn post getting deleted.   

I'm a HUGE GNR fan and I can't wait for this album to be delivered.  But lets be fair on this board and let GNR fans talk about everything that is on their mind. 

2002- Tacoma, WA
2006- New York, NY
2006- Everett, WA
2006- Portland, OR
2011- Denver, CO
2011- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Philadelphia, PA
2016- Seattle, WA
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #1042 on: September 21, 2007, 03:12:20 PM »

this thread is pontless, and thats very sad. i feel as though if i contribute any more of my thoughts on this great band today, i will get banned.

this thread has a fairly good chance (VERY GOOD CHANCE) of being deleted as well.

all of htese things are very sad and disappointing

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #1043 on: September 21, 2007, 03:21:30 PM »

ive been a die hard for over 20 years. been to over 70 shows....spent tens of thousands of dollars on tickets, touring, hotels, records, etc....and why do i do this? because i love this band....for the past 20 years, each and every day....i listen to the bands music for hours...yes ever day for the past 20 years....ive supported the guys solo careers in the 90's and the solo careers of the current line up...yes, touring etc...i will never give up on the band because that would only effect me....i love the band, the music , and everything that they stand for..but, am i frustrated because i have been waiting for 16 years for a new , full length original album...YES....it also borders on anger i want it so bad....i think its great this board has grown in popularity over the years with new fans.....but, i remember back in the lean years say 93-96 or so that it was so hard to get any info on what was going on. then the internet came about and the first gnr site i remember using was lostrose.com...it was a great site...also a site called "we ain't dead yet." when they shut down i came here and it was great...open discussion with the few die hards that hung in there from 93-00 or so.....i would hope that this site would allow for open discussion about what people are feeling about the band at any time...just because we are frustrated does that mean we are haters??? i think not....

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1044 on: September 21, 2007, 03:24:13 PM »

They already have one of those threads in the dead horse, don't they?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1045 on: September 21, 2007, 03:26:35 PM »

you have every right to feel the way you do,

but here

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=48560.0
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #1046 on: September 21, 2007, 03:29:47 PM »

why bury it here? its the white elephant in the room. dont try to hide what is going on now..it belongs on the first thread area....

but here

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1047 on: September 21, 2007, 03:35:49 PM »

why bury it here? its the white elephant in the room. dont try to hide what is going on now..it belongs on the first thread area....

I know you all love to get attention. But nothing about all this "I wanna hear the album now" syndrome is new.

Same shit, different year.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #1048 on: September 21, 2007, 06:49:10 PM »

i cant agree more....it is the same shit, just another year gone....

I know you all love to get attention. But nothing about all this "I wanna hear the album now" syndrome is new.

Same shit, different year.

/jarmo

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1049 on: September 21, 2007, 06:58:47 PM »

It's the same people doing the same whining year after year.

Then there's those of us who accept the situation and enjoy other things.

For your sakes, I hope this album will change your lives.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #1050 on: September 21, 2007, 07:04:44 PM »

It's the same people doing the same whining year after year.

Then there's those of us who accept the situation and enjoy other things.

For your sakes, I hope this album will change your lives.? ok

/jarmo

im just stating the obvious fact, nothing more, nothing less....i have accepted the situation for 20 years and continue to support the band over that time and currently....ive been to over 35 new gnr shows and hope to see more of them....im hoping for more to come, not complaining at all....its all about the music and the experience for me...no need to complain or whine...im just stating the obvious...

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1051 on: September 21, 2007, 07:09:23 PM »

im just stating the obvious fact, nothing more, nothing less....i have accepted the situation for 20 years and continue to support the band over that time and currently....ive been to over 35 new gnr shows and hope to see more of them....im hoping for more to come, not complaining at all....its all about the music and the experience for me...no need to complain or whine...im just stating the obvious...

I'm stating the obvious fact that since some of you feel the need to keep bitching about the subject year after year, I hope that the album does change your lives for the better.

It seems to be the only thing that's stopping some of you from being able to enjoy life. Or so it seems.

Or, will there be something else to bitch about?  Shocked

/jarmo

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #1052 on: September 21, 2007, 07:12:08 PM »

I'm stating the obvious fact that since some of you feel the need to keep bitching about the subject year after year, I hope that the album does change your lives for the better.

It seems to be the only thing that's stopping some of you from being able to enjoy life. Or so it seems.

Or, will there be something else to bitch about?? Shocked

/jarmo

i dont know if you are referring to me, but if you are, rest you be assurred i am enjoying and living my life. i appreciate the concern, but its all good here...i dont know where you get this stuff when some people just say they are frustrated that the cd isn't out yet? i mean, if you are a die hard fan, how could you not be frustrated that it isnt out. dont we all want to hear the new material? i for one sure do.....that's all im saying, no need to look more deeply into the situation.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1053 on: September 21, 2007, 07:14:45 PM »

but here

cuz we all already know the album isn't out yet and its frustrating that its not, thats a given.   some people take it way more seriously than others.  Am I frustrated its not out?  I wouldn't say it bothers me particularly, but I'd really really like it come out and I know its going to be amazing.    Its frustrating to a point, but not worth getting pissed about.  Especially since I got to see the band 5 times in the last year.   As many shows as you saw, I'm sure that like me, you wouldn't trade any of those experiences for anything.

at another board there is a  6 page thread started by a mod complaining that the way Axl treats his fans is "unacceptable" and then a bunch of over-analyzing, "objective fans" writing essay after essay about how Axl owes them and how he's a terrible person.    Its almost funny how seriously upset these people are getting over an album.  but sad at the same time.

people don't realize that they choose to be a fan and support the band.    they talk like they know Axl personally and even worse, that the fan-artist relationship is a sort of real relationship.    Axl doesn't owe any one of us anything.    I love the music, and he is my favorite artist, so I support him regardless.   Album or not.    I want this album as bad as anyone else, but I don't feel "betrayed" as so many seem to feel, that its not out yet.     I don't feel thats my place to feel that way.   Once the album is out, I'm going to be hella pumped and relieved that we finally get some closure to this long period of no releases, but its like Jarmo said, these people act like this album is going to change their lives.   
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1054 on: September 21, 2007, 07:32:40 PM »

i dont know if you are referring to me, but if you are, rest you be assurred i am enjoying and living my life. i appreciate the concern, but its all good here...i dont know where you get this stuff when some people just say they are frustrated that the cd isn't out yet? i mean, if you are a die hard fan, how could you not be frustrated that it isnt out. dont we all want to hear the new material? i for one sure do.....that's all im saying, no need to look more deeply into the situation.

It was aimed at anybody who's so dependent on the album's release that it makers them bitch about it year after year.

I'm a fan of many artists and bands who will never release newly recorded material.

So just because I'm not frustrated about it, does it make me less of a fan of those bands?

Since when is this frustration a sign of bring a "die hard fan"?

The difference is that this die hard fan accepts the situation for what it is instead of feeling anger or frustration about something that I have absolutely no control over.

Especially when I don't know everything about how the music business works.

/jarmo

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #1055 on: September 21, 2007, 07:38:08 PM »

It was aimed at anybody who's so dependent on the album's release that it makers them bitch about it year after year.

I'm a fan of many artists and bands who will never release newly recorded material.

So just because I'm not frustrated about it, does it make me less of a fan of those bands?

Since when is this frustration a sign of bring a "die hard fan"?

The difference is that this die hard fan accepts the situation for what it is instead of feeling anger or frustration about something that I have absolutely no control over.

Especially when I don't know everything about how the music business works.

/jarmo

to answer your questions, no, it doesn't make you less of a die hard if you aren't frustrated. all im saying is that one can understand that a die hard can be frustrated that his/her favorite band's new cd hasnt been out for 16 years....as far as how a die hard should feel, you are perfectly entitled to feel no frustration...but dont tell other die hard gnr fans that they cant be frustrated that the cd isnt out because i know a ton of them and they still are 100% behind the band and will be with them "until the bitter end."

leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #1056 on: September 21, 2007, 07:42:09 PM »

The end will be sweet, not bitter...

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1057 on: September 21, 2007, 08:01:53 PM »

to answer your questions, no, it doesn't make you less of a die hard if you aren't frustrated. all im saying is that one can understand that a die hard can be frustrated that his/her favorite band's new cd hasnt been out for 16 years....as far as how a die hard should feel, you are perfectly entitled to feel no frustration...but dont tell other die hard gnr fans that they cant be frustrated that the cd isnt out because i know a ton of them and they still are 100% behind the band and will be with them "until the bitter end."

I can tell them we don't need them at our party....

Think of this board like a party or a house. You're all invited.

But then there's always certain people who you have to either kick out or you don't want to invite.

You know that they'll ruin the mood for the rest or just fuck things up.

/jarmo

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #1058 on: September 21, 2007, 08:10:03 PM »

I can tell them we don't need them at our party....

Think of this board like a party or a house. You're all invited.

But then there's always certain people who you have to either kick out or you don't want to invite.

You know that they'll ruin the mood for the rest or just fuck things up.

/jarmo

You, as well as others, are perfectly entitled to your own opinions....if all of our opinions were the same, the world would be a real boring place.....

sea of black
« Reply #1059 on: October 07, 2007, 12:36:31 PM »

Ha, nothing ever happens around here. What a joke!

Hey Axl, pull your head out of your ass!
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 57 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: