Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 05:47:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The Slash autobiography thread
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Slash autobiography thread  (Read 210752 times)
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #1480 on: December 28, 2007, 12:23:05 AM »

If the band chose to leave, yes.? Unless someone was passed out, knocked out injured.? I'm thinking St. Louis here.? Didn't have anything to do with a bottle being thrown, if I remember right.? ?

It doesn't matter where it is.

You blame the artist for leaving and making sure the assholes understand that they won't be targets on stage?

/jarmo

What??

I will second that ..

would you stay at your job if someone started throwing bottles at you?? or would you go home?

No one throws bottles at me.  I'm spit at, threatened with punches, swung at, sworn at...am I going to to home?  No....it's just another day on my job.  I like what I do, and it's part of my job..like it or leave it. 

Not only that, but...throwing bottles at...wasn't that Duff?  Hit with a bottle of piss?  Yeah, the show was done - he was knocked out!  I'm not talking about that.  That's different.  The show being done because someone was pissed about someone with a camera and going down into the audience & punching some guy...that's a little different.   
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1481 on: December 28, 2007, 12:29:33 AM »

Personally, I think that showing up late for a show by 2 or 3 or 4 hours, sometimes not showing up at all, and leaving in the middle of a show and causing a riot is not professionalism.? It's disrespectful to the fans who paid good money for the tickets and disrespectful to everyone involved with putting on the show.? ? ? ? ?

For the last time, it is the idiots who choose to take out their frustration over a show not going the way they want that create riots.? They are responsible for their choice to destroy shit, not Axl.? They have their own minds and make their own decisions.? Those that have rioted could've handled things differently, and they chose not to.? The destruction that ensued as a result of their choices is their responsibility.

Ali

Interesting point of view....

A show not going the way they wanted? Really?? That would be, "they didn't play my favorite song", "they didn't do an encore".? If I paid a lot of money to go to a show, and someone in the band had a tantrum & walked out in the middle - or just didn't show up at all - I'd be a little hot.? ?

Yes, in the case of the St. Louis incident, the band had played for the contractually obligated 90 minutes and then Axl left the stage and cut the show off.  Although they fulfilled their contractual obligation, apparently that wasn't enough for the morons in St. Louis that night.

I'm not saying that the fans don't have a right to be "hot".  I'm saying they are making a conscious choice to relieve that anger in destructive and dangerous ways and need to be held accountable for their choices.

Ali
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #1482 on: December 28, 2007, 01:01:42 AM »

I can understand that, but they were, pretty much, incited....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1483 on: December 28, 2007, 07:55:17 AM »

But that was at the beginning! What about what happened next?
Walking off the stage because of someone in the crowd is waving some kind of flash light seems pretty meaningless to me. There are many other situations like this that ocurred during that tour... But it?s not worth mentioning anyway...  I?ve already wasted my words in this argument lol

Did you ever think that it could be a simple case of not being sure what it was and thinking the security obviously aren't doing their job?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1484 on: December 28, 2007, 07:57:59 AM »

so are you guys sure this is a slash thread Wink
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1485 on: December 28, 2007, 09:04:37 AM »

As with anything even remotely negative about Slash, it gets turned into being about Axl.

It doesn't matter how many times Slash is caught saying something untrue or doing something silly, you can always say "well Axl's late for shows!".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

« Reply #1486 on: December 28, 2007, 12:23:16 PM »

No matter how you paint it, the bottom line is that the fans who participate in destroying property are making a conscious choice to do so. ?They have other options for dealing with their anger and they chose destruction of property. ?Incited or not, they had a choice. ?They made the wrong the choice.

Ali
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #1487 on: December 28, 2007, 12:56:55 PM »

No matter how you paint it, the bottom line is that the fans who participate in destroying property are making a conscious choice to do so. ?They have other options for dealing with their anger and they chose destruction of property. ?Incited or not, they had a choice. ?They made the wrong the choice.

Ali

You know what?  Looking at this, again, today - you're right and you made a very good point!  (well written, too, I might add) ok
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1488 on: December 28, 2007, 01:06:44 PM »

Who wants to defend Axl for the Philly riot? Personally I blame both the band and the arena ownership.....and I don't know if I buy that someone was sick b/c I know someone that was at the MSG show and she was backstage with the band after the show (a rumor I heard was Axl didn't make it b/c he was still up partying from the MSG show and wouldn't get on a helicopter to Philly)

As for Slash's book:

In Slash's book, for those who read it Slash lisdted three reasons for leaving:
-----------------------------
The band name/contractual ownership of the name mess
The lack of chemistry after Steve and Izzy's departure
Axl's propensity to go on stage so late
------------------------------
As for the stories, Slash pretty much says take it with a grain of salt because thats the way he remembers it; and he was pretty fucked up at the time...........

I'm sure he mentions some of the more "notorious incidents" b/c the guy he co-wrote it with suggested he make a mention to it; plus, they were shown all over the news so he may as well comment on it..............
------------------------------

I'm not sure if anyone else feels this way but time does tend to alter your perspective on things and Slash wrote about alot of shit that happened between 10-20 years ago
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #1489 on: December 28, 2007, 01:12:23 PM »

As with anything even remotely negative about Slash, it gets turned into being about Axl.

It doesn't matter how many times Slash is caught saying something untrue or doing something silly, you can always say "well Axl's late for shows!".

/jarmo

Oh... Tongue   Looking back through the last few pages, it was you who brought all this up!  Someone posted a personal "review" of the book, with one statement somewhere in the middle, and you quoted it and took it from there and here we are.  If not for that, I doubt anyone would even have noticed it.   
Ali
Legend

« Reply #1490 on: December 28, 2007, 02:11:29 PM »

Ali

You know what?? Looking at this, again, today - you're right and you made a very good point!? (well written, too, I might add) ok

Thanks.  I am big advocate of personal responsibility, and that has nothing to do with Axl. 

Sure, Axl inspired their anger, but in the end, the fans that destroyed the venue that night did make a choice to do so. 

Ali
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #1491 on: December 28, 2007, 05:12:24 PM »

Something I just remembered about the book:

Slash mentions the existence of some disc containing the UYI songs without the last touches on it (the synths, keyboards etc) and a video footage during the UYI tour capturing many great moments of the band.
Wonder if anyone knows its whereabouts... would be so cool if any of those would reach the fans one day by one way or another... drool

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #1492 on: December 28, 2007, 08:35:19 PM »

Same goes for football.

I'm no expert on football tickets, but do they say there might be extra time and a penalty shoot out?

It's all fucking relative isn't it?

As I said, people are so used to getting things their way.

/jarmo

that is another weak comparison, anyone who knows about football would know that cup ties can go into extra time and maybe a shoot out. where as the "casual fan" as adz put it, the one who likes the music but doesn't care for the politics surrounding the band wouldn't have a clue about late starts riot's etc.

hell my mum and dad didn't and they've been listening to gnr's music since AFD was released.

you're still unable to take an outside view on anything to do with this, it's all so black and white for you, slash is the bad guy, he always lies, the sun shines out of axl's arse.

take of the rose tinted glasses jarmo, both sides lie and both side have major faults, just because you idolise someone doesn't mean they're perfect.

you run an amazing site and forum, but you let your personal bias cloud your judgement on things to do with former band members far too much.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1493 on: December 28, 2007, 08:41:31 PM »

take of the rose tinted glasses jarmo, both sides lie and both side have major faults, just because you idolise someone doesn't mean they're perfect.

People obviously have different perspectives, but there's a difference between telling it like you saw it and lying.

You can't see that because your hero is the one who was caught and admitted to lying.

The same guy who's luggage filled with expensive jewelry was lost....

I never said anything about being perfect.

You make the assumptions, not me.

I make my judgments based on facts.

Considering you're from England, shouldn't you be used to things being late.. Like trains.  hihi

/jarmo

GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #1494 on: December 28, 2007, 09:52:11 PM »

I got this book yesterday. It's amazing so far. I skipped his childhood, etc. for now. I have read from when he first starts mentioning the L.A. music scene up until GN'R is signed by Geffen. Thus far, it confirms what I've always thought: Axl truly is crazy. He jumped out of a moving vehicle just so he could avoid apologizing to Slash's grandma for telling her to f*ck off.  hihi

But yeah, the book is great so far. Those guys literally were gutter rats before they made it with Geffen. It's incredible that all of them are still alive.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2007, 09:56:51 PM by GNRfan2008 » Logged
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #1495 on: December 29, 2007, 09:41:42 AM »

It's incredible that all of them are still alive.

That?s true!

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #1496 on: December 29, 2007, 10:13:21 AM »

People obviously have different perspectives, but there's a difference between telling it like you saw it and lying.

You can't see that because your hero is the one who was caught and admitted to lying.

Considering you're from England, shouldn't you be used to things being late.. Like trains.? hihi

/jarmo

what does my nationality have to do with guns n roses coming on late? because i'm english i should accept it, grow the fuck up, turning up late to something is disrespectful who ever does it. just because it's axl doesn't make it ok, just because guns n roses always come on late and everyone knows that, yeah in this little internet world where gnr can do no wrong everyone knows it, try living in the real world, where people don't care about knowing what gnr played before, they like the music and want to see it played live.

and before you use the he needs to prepare himself for the best show arguement, it's funny how once izzy said he was going to quit every show started on time untill the end of that tour.

and you make your judgements based on facts, so do i.

slash lied about going to axl's house, the press release from axl lied about slash being sober.

there we go both sides lying over the same incident. hows that for judgement based on facts, both sides lie.

but because i'm english i'm sure i should just accept that people lie because our govt. do it all the time  Roll Eyes

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Ali
Legend

« Reply #1497 on: December 29, 2007, 12:03:49 PM »

Considering you're from England, shouldn't you be used to things being late.. Like trains.? hihi

/jarmo

what does my nationality have to do with guns n roses coming on late? because i'm english i should accept it, grow the fuck up, turning up late to something is disrespectful who ever does it. just because it's axl doesn't make it ok, just because guns n roses always come on late and everyone knows that, yeah in this little internet world where gnr can do no wrong everyone knows it, try living in the real world, where people don't care about knowing what gnr played before, they like the music and want to see it played live.

and before you use the he needs to prepare himself for the best show arguement, it's funny how once izzy said he was going to quit every show started on time untill the end of that tour.

and you make your judgements based on facts, so do i.

slash lied about going to axl's house, the press release from axl lied about slash being sober.

there we go both sides lying over the same incident. hows that for judgement based on facts, both sides lie.

but because i'm english i'm sure i should just accept that people lie because our govt. do it all the time? Roll Eyes

The press release from Axl's camp did not lie about Slash being sober.  It's not like they gave him a breathalyzer test for fuck's sake.  It said that Slash was "not appearing to be under the influence".

Ali
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1498 on: December 29, 2007, 01:47:14 PM »

what does my nationality have to do with guns n roses coming on late? because i'm english i should accept it, grow the fuck up,

Oooh, aren't you touchy....

It was a joke.

turning up late to something is disrespectful who ever does it. just because it's axl doesn't make it ok,

Define late. Smiley

Who's show are you going to see? Is it your show or the artist?

The doors open at a certain time, then the show itself starts at another. But rarely (when opening acts are involved) does that starting time of say 7:30 mean that the headliner is on at that time.

just because guns n roses always come on late and everyone knows that, yeah in this little internet world where gnr can do no wrong everyone knows it, try living in the real world, where people don't care about knowing what gnr played before, they like the music and want to see it played live.

And quite often do they get the songs played live too!

Oooh, you got me.  Cry

Or is it that people might act differently under different conditions?

Nah...

You never was nicer to somebody because you wanted to impress that person.....

"Not appearing to be under the influence"

People can be drunk and drive, you might not even know they were drunk at the time.....

So unless he could barely talk or walk, it might be hard to tell the difference between a sober Slash and a slightly drunk Slash.

But what do I know....

Oh please. You can never admit that your hero is the one doing the shit talking.

Instead you have to focus on Axl.

but because i'm english i'm sure i should just accept that people lie because our govt. do it all the time  Roll Eyes

Exactly what I said!

hihi

/jarmo

OreGunsNRoses
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1499 on: December 29, 2007, 03:34:20 PM »

Something I just remembered about the book:

Slash mentions the existence of some disc containing the UYI songs without the last touches on it (the synths, keyboards etc) and a video footage during the UYI tour capturing many great moments of the band.
Wonder if anyone knows its whereabouts... would be so cool if any of those would reach the fans one day by one way or another... drool

I was thinking about that too. What about the GNR "movie" duff talks about in an interview back in 93?  I would love to see all the footage from illusion tour and hear that disc slash talks about
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: