Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 05:41:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  The Slash autobiography thread
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Slash autobiography thread  (Read 210746 times)
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #1460 on: December 27, 2007, 04:30:34 PM »

But come on, you lose alot of credibility when you vigorously defend Axl for his no shows and late starts? I don't care if Manson did it as well, screw him. I hate when people, whether it be musicians or any other celebrities, start believing they're above everyone else. If I showed up for work late and it caused some kind of huge disaster I would rightfully be out on my ass. And you can't make a sound argument that Axl would give a better show at 11 or 12 instead of 9.

I hate people who think they have the right to tell others, who's lives they have no fucking idea about, how to live their lives.? Tongue

Do you work best when you're enjoying yourself or when you're working because you have to?

Have you ever come across people who hate their jobs? Why do they hate them?

You hate people who think they're above others while you're the one telling others how to conduct their lives.

So obviously you must think you're better.? Roll Eyes

People are different. You want everybody to be a certain way because that works the best for you.
/jarmo

See that's exactly what I am talking about. It's hard to take your opinion on the topic seriously when you refuse to even entertain the possibility that it's even a little fucked up for Axl to not show up to or come hours late to a gig. And how am I telling others how to live their life? That doesn't even make sense. And if it's because I think people should show up for their job when their expected to than I think that means the 99.9% of the population who would agree if asked would be in the same boat. The definition of a job isn't "somewhere you go and smile for forty hours a week doing nothing but having a grand old time". I've had tickets to shows that were cancelled a few days before, I was disappointed, but hey it happens. Not showing up at all after people are already there is wrong and selfish no matter how you try to spin it.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1461 on: December 27, 2007, 05:18:12 PM »

See that's exactly what I am talking about. It's hard to take your opinion on the topic seriously when you refuse to even entertain the possibility that it's even a little fucked up for Axl to not show up to or come hours late to a gig.

It's who he is! Why can't you just accept it?

I've accepted that Slash has difficulties in communicating and what he says often doesn't give a truthful description of what actually happened.  Smiley

And if it's because I think people should show up for their job when their expected to than I think that means the 99.9% of the population who would agree if asked would be in the same boat. The definition of a job isn't "somewhere you go and smile for forty hours a week doing nothing but having a grand old time". I've had tickets to shows that were cancelled a few days before, I was disappointed, but hey it happens. Not showing up at all after people are already there is wrong and selfish no matter how you try to spin it.

Nice to see you skip certain parts.

Being an artist isn't a regular nine to five job.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1462 on: December 27, 2007, 05:21:41 PM »

I don't want Axl to hit the stage until he feels ready to give us the best performance he possibly can.   If that means he needs to spend an extra hour backstage doing whatever he does to prepare.. so be it.      he doesn't need to follow anyone's bullshit made-up "rules".   this is a rock n roll concert we are talking about!
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #1463 on: December 27, 2007, 09:05:31 PM »

Personally, I think that showing up late for a show by 2 or 3 or 4 hours, sometimes not showing up at all, and leaving in the middle of a show and causing a riot is not professionalism.  It's disrespectful to the fans who paid good money for the tickets and disrespectful to everyone involved with putting on the show.         
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1464 on: December 27, 2007, 09:10:46 PM »

Personally, I think that showing up late for a show by 2 or 3 or 4 hours, sometimes not showing up at all, and leaving in the middle of a show and causing a riot is not professionalism.  It's disrespectful to the fans who paid good money for the tickets and disrespectful to everyone involved with putting on the show.         

How about putting wrong information in a book that you claim is setting the record straight?

Disrespectful towards the people involved, the buyer and the reader or not?

Tongue

/jarmo
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 09:13:52 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #1465 on: December 27, 2007, 09:21:13 PM »

Personally, I think that showing up late for a show by 2 or 3 or 4 hours, sometimes not showing up at all, and leaving in the middle of a show and causing a riot is not professionalism.? It's disrespectful to the fans who paid good money for the tickets and disrespectful to everyone involved with putting on the show.? ? ? ? ?

How about putting wrong information in a book that you claim is setting the record straight?

Disrespectful towards the people involved, the buyer and the reader or not?

Tongue

/jarmo

Well,  Tongue, to you too!! 

My take on the book - it was a good read no matter what.  I think he "set the record straight" from his own point of view.  I've said before, it's one man's opinion - right or wrong.  Since we're not going to get the "official biography of the original & founding bandmembers", at least not at this time - this is what we're left with.  So, I'll take it.  When they can all get together, and do it as one, for a book - doesn't have to be a "reunion" (as it's been called), just a book - then, maybe, we can all shut up.   
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1466 on: December 27, 2007, 09:29:51 PM »

The part where he talks about recording "Sympathy for the Devil"  Slash makes Axl look really bad.  If those parts were true about him bringing in another guitarists and then doubling over Slash without his knowlege, then I can understand how they couldn't get along anymore.  It basically sounded like they were able to tolerate eachother during AFD but after that it was like they were different ppl and couldn't even be in a room together except for onstage.  I think if Axl released a book, it would be great and probably more clear headed, and he could probably turn some shit around on Slash.   
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #1467 on: December 27, 2007, 10:01:48 PM »

Personally, I think that showing up late for a show by 2 or 3 or 4 hours, sometimes not showing up at all, and leaving in the middle of a show and causing a riot is not professionalism.? It's disrespectful to the fans who paid good money for the tickets and disrespectful to everyone involved with putting on the show.? ? ? ? ?

For the last time, it is the idiots who choose to take out their frustration over a show not going the way they want that create riots.  They are responsible for their choice to destroy shit, not Axl.  They have their own minds and make their own decisions.  Those that have rioted could've handled things differently, and they chose not to.  The destruction that ensued as a result of their choices is their responsibility.

Ali
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #1468 on: December 27, 2007, 10:15:04 PM »

For the last time, it is the idiots who choose to take out their frustration over a show not going the way they want that create riots.? They are responsible for their choice to destroy shit, not Axl.? They have their own minds and make their own decisions.? Those that have rioted could've handled things differently, and they chose not to.? The destruction that ensued as a result of their choices is their responsibility.

Ali

Interesting point of view....

A show not going the way they wanted? Really?  That would be, "they didn't play my favorite song", "they didn't do an encore".  If I paid a lot of money to go to a show, and someone in the band had a tantrum & walked out in the middle - or just didn't show up at all - I'd be a little hot.   
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1469 on: December 27, 2007, 10:22:10 PM »

A show not going the way they wanted? Really?  That would be, "they didn't play my favorite song", "they didn't do an encore".  If I paid a lot of money to go to a show, and someone in the band had a tantrum & walked out in the middle - or just didn't show up at all - I'd be a little hot.   

So the guy next to you throws a bottle at the band, the band leaves and you'll pissed at the band?

/jarmo

*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #1470 on: December 27, 2007, 10:23:21 PM »

So the guy next to you throws a bottle at the band, the band leaves and you'll pissed at the band?

/jarmo
I don't think that is what she is talking about .

Walking off after that and no showing or leaving early for no reason are two diffrent things.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #1471 on: December 27, 2007, 10:24:56 PM »

A show not going the way they wanted? Really?? That would be, "they didn't play my favorite song", "they didn't do an encore".? If I paid a lot of money to go to a show, and someone in the band had a tantrum & walked out in the middle - or just didn't show up at all - I'd be a little hot.? ?

/jarmo

If the band chose to leave, yes.  Unless someone was passed out, knocked out injured.  I'm thinking St. Louis here.  Didn't have anything to do with a bottle being thrown, if I remember right.   
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #1472 on: December 27, 2007, 10:52:40 PM »

A show not going the way they wanted? Really?? That would be, "they didn't play my favorite song", "they didn't do an encore".? If I paid a lot of money to go to a show, and someone in the band had a tantrum & walked out in the middle - or just didn't show up at all - I'd be a little hot.? ?

/jarmo

If the band chose to leave, yes.? Unless someone was passed out, knocked out injured.? I'm thinking St. Louis here.? Didn't have anything to do with a bottle being thrown, if I remember right.? ?

And St.Louis ain?t the only case like that. There are many more.
I can talk about this one...One teacher I had last year was in the gig they played in Lisbon back in the 1992. He loved the band... he was a fan. But after that concert he couldn?t listen to it for some long years after that.? He was so pissed off... let me explain:

Axl, right in the beginning fell off on the stage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo-zcOppsA8 the floor was wet because it had to be cleaned as the opening bands made the crown trow shit to the stage). He sang two or three songs laid down (yeah...). Then, as the show went on, he would walk off stage with no apparent reason... he did it some 3 times (one of those it was cos there was a girl standing in the front row waving some candle or whatever and he said he wouldn?t do the show if she wouldn?t light it off) leaving Duff to and Slash to deal with the crowd by jamming or whatever to entertain the more and more impatient crowd. As I said, my teacher was a fan... he loved the band... he couldn?t wait to see them live until he went to the gig. He and the crown left the show absolutely pissed off... and everytime I talk to someone about that show, I always get the same negative reaction towards it.

You claim that Axl would go on late to give the best show he could give (and that happened most of the time). But there were times, and that you can?t deny, where he simply would ruin the whole show by going off stage for stupid and meaningless reasons like the one I mentioned above... (with the exception, obviously, of people trowing stuff at the stage like the Argentina show in 1992 where Axl stood till the end... gotta give him props for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDxmCqdLHTI).
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 10:58:11 PM by Ines » Logged

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1473 on: December 27, 2007, 11:04:16 PM »

If the band chose to leave, yes.  Unless someone was passed out, knocked out injured.  I'm thinking St. Louis here.  Didn't have anything to do with a bottle being thrown, if I remember right.   

It doesn't matter where it is.

You blame the artist for leaving and making sure the assholes understand that they won't be targets on stage?

Axl, right in the beginning fell off on the stage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo-zcOppsA8 the floor was wet because it had to be cleaned as the opening bands made the crown trow shit to the stage). He sang two or three songs laid down (yeah...). Then, as the show went on, he would walk off stage with no apparent reason... he did it some 3 times (one of those it was cos there was a girl standing in the front row waving some candle or whatever and he said he wouldn?t do the show if she wouldn?t light it off) leaving Duff to and Slash to deal with the crowd by jamming or whatever to entertain the more and more impatient crowd. As I said, my teacher was a fan... he loved the band... he couldn?t wait to see them live until he went to the gig. He and the crown left the show absolutely pissed off... and everytime I talk to someone about that show, I always get the same negative reaction towards it.

I guess not being able to give your fans a great show because you're skating on the stage is stupid and meaningless?

Maybe next time those idiots didn't throw shit on stage.

/jarmo

Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #1474 on: December 27, 2007, 11:27:55 PM »

I guess not being able to give your fans a great show because you're skating on the stage is stupid and meaningless?

Maybe next time those idiots didn't throw shit on stage.

/jarmo

But that was at the beginning! What about what happened next?
Walking off the stage because of someone in the crowd is waving some kind of flash light seems pretty meaningless to me. There are many other situations like this that ocurred during that tour... But it?s not worth mentioning anyway...? I?ve already wasted my words in this argument lol

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #1475 on: December 27, 2007, 11:29:59 PM »

If the band chose to leave, yes.? Unless someone was passed out, knocked out injured.? I'm thinking St. Louis here.? Didn't have anything to do with a bottle being thrown, if I remember right.? ?

You blame the artist for leaving and making sure the assholes understand that they won't be targets on stage?

/jarmo

What? ?
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #1476 on: December 27, 2007, 11:31:09 PM »

/jarmo

What? 

I will second that ..

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #1477 on: December 27, 2007, 11:43:06 PM »

/jarmo

What? 

I will second that ..

would you stay at your job if someone started throwing bottles at you?  or would you go home?
Ines_rocks!
VIP

« Reply #1478 on: December 27, 2007, 11:44:31 PM »

/jarmo

What??

I will second that ..

would you stay at your job if someone started throwing bottles at you?? or would you go home?

If I recall correctly... no one trew anything at Axl during the St.Louis show... (nor the Lisbon show in 92 where he would simply walk off the stage for repeated times...)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 11:46:10 PM by Ines » Logged

*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #1479 on: December 27, 2007, 11:47:02 PM »

Nope Don't thinkanybody did  St.Louis show

Beside were weren't even talking about shows were that happened Jim.

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: