Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 07:46:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Relationship Question
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Relationship Question  (Read 19797 times)
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #80 on: December 12, 2007, 02:50:07 AM »

Bottom line, don't avoid trying to have sex with a girl just because you like her.? As crazy as it sounds, you're supposed to like the people you have sex with.

That is indeed really crazy... confused

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #81 on: December 12, 2007, 04:41:22 AM »

The friend zone isnt always bad though cause sometimes that shit develops into true feelings.

I was friends with my wife for a year before we began to date.

In fact, most girls I dated, I had as friends long before we crossed the line into anything else.

Also, all my ex's remain friends with me to this day. Probably for that reason (friends first before dating.)

Be yourself.

That's about all the advise you really need.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 04:44:46 AM by UTAH TAINTS » Logged
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2007, 06:12:55 AM »

Just go for it.

Shit, it's not like getting a girl is? rocket science.

Here's what I did last weekend;
I saw a girl at a club, talked to her and v?ila she and her friend followed me home. And yes I did.

Not only that, but I also asked the waitress there when getting a beer, if she'd come over on saturday.

I left her sleeping at my place when I left for work. It turns out she has had a crush on me for some time.? ok

The friend zone isnt always bad though cause sometimes that shit develops into true feelings.

I was friends with my wife for a year before we began to date.

In fact, most girls I dated, I had as friends long before we crossed the line into anything else.

Also, all my ex's remain friends with me to this day. Probably for that reason (friends first before dating.)

Be yourself.

That's about all the advise you really need.

This is the first time I'm dating a friend.. I've kept 'em in I won't date 'em category, since I fear having that kinda relationship with a girl ruins the friendship if things go bad.

However things are going pretty smoothly, she don't even got a problem that I've slept with most of her friends. Hell, she's even had the pre-work done for me when I join her and her friends in some bar.

Since I'm made lyrics about it.

I have seen this before
And it's alright
I'm not alone
I just don't love her anymore
and she's here 'cause I need a friend, 'cause I need someone

Last night a girl was in my arms
And I barely knew her, yeah, I slipped again
And our names were vain
And It's not my whole life
It's only one day

I have seen this before
And it's alright
I'm not alone
and now you're here 'cause I still need a friend

And you knew this would happen
And it's okay,
We won't be alone for long
I kiss you as a courtesy before you fall
And it's okay
We won't be alone
And you knew this would happen
You just didn't think it would be now
It'll be alright
We're both after love.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2007, 06:06:49 PM »

So just to let Bandita know, since she was so helpful leading up to today,

I got stood up today. That was a first.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2007, 06:17:52 PM »

The girl stood u up for your ice skating date??

DAMN!!!!

Don't overreact, maybe something happened.

If she doesn't call u though, thats messed up.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #85 on: December 13, 2007, 06:26:16 PM »

what was her reason?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #86 on: December 13, 2007, 07:05:03 PM »

That was all our fault.  We were so excited for you, in true sit-com fashion, we all got together and went to the ice skating rink with signs rooting you on.  She got a bit spooked when she saw us all hanging around like the throngs of folks in the Verizon commercials!   hihi

Seriously, I'm sure there's a logical explanation. 

btw, I would also agree that nerves are a good thing.  If you're not a little nervous I'd say you might be over-confident.

good luck! peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
GunnerOne 84
VIP

« Reply #87 on: December 13, 2007, 08:00:22 PM »

The girl stood u up for your ice skating date??

DAMN!!!!

Don't overreact, maybe something happened.

If she doesn't call u though, thats messed up.

I haven't talked to her yet. I'm really not freaking out or anything, just more surprised than anything else. Considering the conversations we have had, it just didn't seem like something she'd do. So I'll wait a little while to see if i get a call or anything.

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2007, 08:52:20 PM »

Ouch, that isn't cool.  Hopefully she has a decent reason but even so, standing someone up and not letting them know you cannot make it is just rude.  It takes less than a minute to make a call/send a text/send an e-mail.  I'm not sure I would even want to be friends with someone who behaves that way.  Unless of course there are extreme circumstances as to why it happened.

GunnerOne 84
VIP

« Reply #89 on: December 13, 2007, 09:27:38 PM »

Unless she had an emergency, I'm not really interested in hearing her excuses. I'm not really broken up about it, just more offended. It was a slap in the face, and I'm over it. On to the next as far as I'm concerned.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #90 on: December 14, 2007, 12:29:40 PM »

Unless she had an emergency, I'm not really interested in hearing her excuses. I'm not really broken up about it, just more offended. It was a slap in the face, and I'm over it. On to the next as far as I'm concerned.

fuck yeah dude! and when you find the next one, come back to this thread and tell Cheesy
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2007, 07:54:10 AM »

On to the next as far as I'm concerned.

That is the spirit. Might I suggest a bottle of "good" Ky. whiskey.

Fuck her, she wasn't worth your time anyway.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #92 on: December 16, 2007, 08:09:42 AM »

Hookers are far less complicated.

So my advice would be, get a good job.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #93 on: December 17, 2007, 08:46:11 AM »

Women are bitches.

I got stood up once. So the next time we talked I said yes when she asked me to a bar with her.

I loved the look on her face when I took some blond girl home.

GunnerOne 84
VIP

« Reply #94 on: December 17, 2007, 05:28:36 PM »

Women are bitches.

I got stood up once. So the next time we talked I said yes when she asked me to a bar with her.

I loved the look on her face when I took some blond girl home.

This, sir, is classic. Well Done.

leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2007, 10:45:10 PM »

Hookers are far less complicated.

So my advice would be, get a good job.

This is probably the healthiest advice for most people....unfortunately, this option is way too boring.....

For some strange reason people prefer drama to boredom in their lives..... confused

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #96 on: December 21, 2007, 12:15:33 AM »

Unless there is a death in the family, I would not accept any excuse. If you do, you are letting her set the standard to treat you like shit from that point on.

Too many fish in the sea, no need to put up with anybodies bullshit.
GunnerOne 84
VIP

« Reply #97 on: December 21, 2007, 02:53:38 AM »

I certainly didn't accept any drama or excuses. I moved on. I had a date tonight that went very very well (with an older girl no less, which is something I've always been into) and I have a date with another girl lined up for next week.

Haven't typically done this before, and I don't really feel comfortable with talking/going out with two girls concurrently, but I figured one choice would make itself apparent to me fairly quickly. Certainly won't string anybody along.

Should be seeing the girl I went out with tonight again this weekend. We hit it of really well.

Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #98 on: December 21, 2007, 03:55:38 AM »

I was wondering does anyone become like this;

When I'm single I long for someone and thus bring a different girl home every weekend, sometimes it's someone on friday and someone else on saturday.

In the end I don't think it's that special and I can't relate/believe with guys who have maybe one or two sex partners a year. For me that might be a week. And a girl started lecturing me for that, that I'm an asshole. I think she got some failure to communicate. And when I look back at when I was at my worst (or best)? my life was some sort of drunken dormancy with every weekend's a new party.

So when I get what I want again and again and really almost every girl is gettable. There's a little game I play with friends, or maybe I'm just wainting to show off. So I point out which girl I nail.. and it has worked, say five times in a row now.

Ayway scoring different chicks and dealing with their emotional baggage got old so I did what might be a mistake (we'll see) and scored a friend.

I said two years ago to another friend I'll do her someday and the one I'm seeing, well, she said she knew this would happen.

So, if she's at my house when I'm at work she does some cleaning etc. which is something new since my ex just slept day in and day out. She seems to genuinely care about me. She ain't too jealous and how could she when I've done both of her best friends.

Usually jealously is.. well I like to talk I flirt at both my jobs, it's just the way I am, so there'd be trouble if the girl is too jealous.

and I know
GIRLS = TROUBLE.

The problem is; when she say she really really likes me.
It makes me freak out.
Being in a relationship freaks me out. And in my dreams I want a real relationship with someone, with kids.

Why then is the road I'm at freaking me out?

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #99 on: December 21, 2007, 06:13:07 AM »

I'd say you're insecure about your ability to function in that particular setting. You know, responsibility, caring hihi

I can only say what it felt like for me in a similar situation. When you're just doing short time flings you seldom achieve that emotional connection. Same goes when you're in a bad relationship.

But when somebody suddenly starts to treat you real nice, starts to care for you, then you freak out because you know you'll probably not be able to return the favor long term. You fear hurting someone that cares so much about you. That's why your brain subconsciously tells you to freak out because it's trying to protect you from future heartbreak.

A guy like you probably also know how loose women can be, so that becomes an aspect to. Do you want to commit your emotions to a girl you know probably will deceive you later on? Isn't that exactly why you're out doing 2 girls a week in the first place?

In my experience the need to fuck a lot of women always comes from some deep issue you haven't figured out/is not aware of.

I mean, aside from the thrill of something new, what do you achieve besides going around telling your environment and yourself "look at me, I'm such a bull. I'm a success"?

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: