Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 07:49:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Relationship Question
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Relationship Question  (Read 19801 times)
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2007, 10:09:24 PM »

All women lie!
But it's all good as long as you don't love them....
you're single aren't you? hihi

No, I'm gay.  Embarrassed

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2007, 10:11:59 PM »

All women lie!

No, I'm gay.  Embarrassed

And that men you aren't single?

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2007, 08:42:35 PM »

All women lie!

No, I'm gay.? Embarrassed

And men don't lie ?

How many married men ( married to women) happen to be in backrooms after they just made a call home to say they have a late afternoon meeting at work ? hmmm ?

Nothing to say
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2007, 09:21:53 PM »

but Jessica, they are men.  Remember, boys will be boys!  We have needs, remember? hihi  Just kidding.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2007, 04:01:10 AM »

So update. The girl and her boyfriend split up today. I knew something was up, she's been miss flirtatious the last 3 days towards me.

She's a little upset, and wants to talk about it.

Question is, how do I play this so I don't end up in the dreaded friend zone.

Show her this thread  Grin

LOL she would think i was mentally unstable I think if I showed her this. We'll see what happens. Not waiting around forever ya know?

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2007, 04:52:25 AM »

The friend zone isnt always bad though cause sometimes that shit develops into true feelings.

SO don't feel too horrible if u get in the friend zone

The trick is to not stay in the friend zone.

If u ever hang out with her and she starts talkin bout how hot this guy or that guy is, U ARE FUCKED

so be there for her but try to get out of the friend zone as quick as possible once she spills to u what happened with her former douchebag.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2007, 04:55:13 AM »

LOL she would think i was mentally unstable I think if I showed her this. We'll see what happens. Not waiting around forever ya know?

Dude, whiskey is your answer. Try it, if it doesn't work ... oh well. move on to the next; she didn't deserve such good company anyway.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2007, 04:46:13 AM »

Just go for it.

Shit, it's not like getting a girl is  rocket science.

Here's what I did last weekend;
I saw a girl at a club, talked to her and v?ila she and her friend followed me home. And yes I did.

Not only that, but I also asked the waitress there when getting a beer, if she'd come over on saturday.

I left her sleeping at my place when I left for work. It turns out she has had a crush on me for some time.  ok

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
SamBob
Rocker

The Blonde Asian...

« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2007, 02:50:55 PM »

i'm not sure if you're like... "serious" about this girl, but if you are, then be friends with her for a while, and if she decides to move on to some other guy AGAIN, then obviously, she doesn't know what she wants or something...

if you're not so serious and just want some booty, then go for it...

I was confused by the powers that be,
Forgetting names and faces.

http://www.placeboworld.co.uk/
GunnerOne 84
VIP

« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2007, 03:07:52 PM »

i'm not sure if you're like... "serious" about this girl, but if you are, then be friends with her for a while, and if she decides to move on to some other guy AGAIN, then obviously, she doesn't know what she wants or something...

if you're not so serious and just want some booty, then go for it...

I really wasn't wanting anything serious anytime soon, but if I were to start something with this girl, I feel like I would be pretty serious, which is why I'm trying to watch myself here.

I'm all for just playing around, but I would go elsewhere for that. I would prefer not to treat this girl that way.

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2007, 05:26:02 PM »

I'm all for just playing around, but I would go elsewhere for that. I would prefer not to treat this girl that way.

This reminds me of how when you ask how many guys a girl has slept with, it's about 4-5, all serious relationships of course.? When you ask any guy, they're all up to triple digits.? It's as though there's a small group of a few hundred sluts floating around the world for all us guys to fuck, and the rest of the women are to bring home to mom when we're ready to settle down.

Believe it or not, but that 's not quite the reality.? All women have both sexual and emotional needs.? One guy's serious love interest was at one time (or rather several times) another guy's one night stand.? Guys who think otherwise are only setting themselves up for disappointment when the girl they've built up into the Virgin Mary inevitably hooks up with some random dude while out on a bender.

Bottom line, don't avoid trying to have sex with a girl just because you like her.? As crazy as it sounds, you're supposed to like the people you have sex with.
SamBob
Rocker

The Blonde Asian...

« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2007, 05:28:23 PM »

I just think it would be better to actually get to know a girl you're serious about before doing anything rash like that... but maybe im wrong O.o?

I was confused by the powers that be,
Forgetting names and faces.

http://www.placeboworld.co.uk/
GunnerOne 84
VIP

« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2007, 07:03:44 PM »

This reminds me of how when you ask how many guys a girl has slept with, it's about 4-5, all serious relationships of course.  When you ask any guy, they're all up to triple digits.  It's as though there's a small group of a few hundred sluts floating around the world for all us guys to fuck, and the rest of the women are to bring home to mom when we're ready to settle down.

Believe it or not, but that 's not quite the reality.  All women have both sexual and emotional needs.  One guy's serious love interest was at one time (or rather several times) another guy's one night stand.  Guys who think otherwise are only setting themselves up for disappointment when the girl they've built up into the Virgin Mary inevitably hooks up with some random dude while out on a bender.

Bottom line, don't avoid trying to have sex with a girl just because you like her.  As crazy as it sounds, you're supposed to like the people you have sex with.

I agree with a lot of what you said. I am not trying to build her up into an angel, she probably isn't. Either way I don't really care. However, it's been my experience that you usually dont get a 2nd crack at your one night stands, because that's all either person was really looking for. I'd prefer to not fuck my chances up to just have sex with her, I can get that anywhere.

Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2007, 08:23:29 AM »

This reminds me of how when you ask how many guys a girl has slept with, it's about 4-5, all serious relationships of course.? When you ask any guy, they're all up to triple digits.? It's as though there's a small group of a few hundred sluts floating around the world for all us guys to fuck, and the rest of the women are to bring home to mom when we're ready to settle down.

Believe it or not, but that 's not quite the reality.? All women have both sexual and emotional needs.? One guy's serious love interest was at one time (or rather several times) another guy's one night stand.? Guys who think otherwise are only setting themselves up for disappointment when the girl they've built up into the Virgin Mary inevitably hooks up with some random dude while out on a bender.

Bottom line, don't avoid trying to have sex with a girl just because you like her.? As crazy as it sounds, you're supposed to like the people you have sex with.

I agree with a lot of what you said. I am not trying to build her up into an angel, she probably isn't. Either way I don't really care. However, it's been my experience that you usually dont get a 2nd crack at your one night stands, because that's all either person was really looking for. I'd prefer to not fuck my chances up to just have sex with her, I can get that anywhere.

Then again.. if you stay in the friends and not best buddies, it's relatively easy to push the extra mile to get.. well.. laid.

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
GunnerOne 84
VIP

« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2007, 10:09:16 AM »

Yet another question:

I got asked out by a girl I met about a week ago. She's very attractive, and seems to really have her shit together from what I can tell when we talk, which has become quite often.

She invited me to go ice skating out on the mall in DC at the outdoor rink they have there, I said yes because I'm into her and it doesn't sound half bad to me for a first date. She grew up figure skating, so she knows what she is doing, and I skated quite a bit growing up so it isn't as if I will like like an idiot here.

Just wondered if anyone had any tips for me on how to play this and not blow it. She's a pretty interesting girl and I'd like to see this go further if I could.

PS, the girl mentioned throughout this thread and I have become very good friends, which is cool. Just though I'd give everyone who helped me out there the final word on it.

Thanks.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2007, 10:58:57 PM »

GunnerOne84, here's my advice on how to play this.

don't play this.

I never understood the whole "game playing" deal.  Be yourself.  Get to know her and see if you have some things in common.  If it sounds like she has her sh!t together and you have the hotness as a bonus, what more could you ask for?

Signed,
Old Fuddy Duddy  Cheesy 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2007, 11:47:27 PM »

It sounds cliche but why not just be yourself?

The thing about "playing" something is that more times than not you are playing a role that you may not really be.  If the girl asked you to do something she already likes you so just go with the flow!

Signed,

Miss Old Fuddy Duddy Grin
GunnerOne 84
VIP

« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2007, 12:34:14 AM »

It sounds cliche but why not just be yourself?

The thing about "playing" something is that more times than not you are playing a role that you may not really be.  If the girl asked you to do something she already likes you so just go with the flow!

Signed,

Miss Old Fuddy Duddy Grin

I don't plan on not being myself, I'm really not that good at acting differently than I am anyways. I'm just pretty nervous about going out with her, which is an uncommon thing for me to be with someone.

And we talk quite a bit now, we actually have a shitload of things in common, such as musical tastes, guitar playing, potential law students one day, she's really into history, which is my undergraduate major. So those things are nice.

Like I said, I'm a little out of my element here, and that can b a good thing. Just a tad shaky.

Thanks.

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2007, 01:20:21 AM »

I don't think you sound like you are out of your element at all, you sound like you have lots of common ground and things to talk about with each other.  Even if you appear nervous in some way, women kind of like that.  Too confident and we think you are some kind of player.  I always am nervous as hell when I start to date someone new (no, this doesn't go away with age!) and then over time as you get to know each other that totally goes away.
GunnerOne 84
VIP

« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2007, 01:32:28 AM »

Yeah we seem to have hit it off pretty well so far. I just didn't want to do anything stupid to mess it up. It's pretty rare that i meet anyone that matches so many interests of mine, let alone it being a girl i am attracted to. So it kind of jumped up the nervousness a little. I guess we'll see how it goes thursday.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: