Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 11:18:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Songs that you would like to hear Axl sing
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Songs that you would like to hear Axl sing  (Read 107199 times)
gnrfan1797
« Reply #620 on: December 12, 2013, 06:30:20 PM »

werewolves of london i think would be great lol
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #621 on: December 19, 2013, 07:52:06 PM »

Atlas Shrugged

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
cheeser
Rocker

Guns N' Roses

« Reply #622 on: January 14, 2014, 12:17:12 AM »

werewolves of london i think would be great lol

ditto, do it Axl; Zevon was the man, RIP

side note, how come after listening to sweet child for 20+ years I still tear up? I took some time away from guns, and listening a few years later i realize they are the greatest music I will ever know.

All the love in the world couldn't save you...
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #623 on: January 14, 2014, 10:17:41 AM »

For some reason, I've always thought Axl would sound great singing Would? by Alice in Chains.  In my perfect world it would be Izzy and Duff doing Cantrell's vocals, but Tommy could handle them, and Axl would do Layne's vocals.  I think the 'into the flood again....' chorus would sound amazing. 
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #624 on: January 14, 2014, 11:36:15 AM »

I always compare Axl and Slash to Page and Plant in style, sound and image and all that...

there might not be no GNR without Zeppelin

which is why it surprising to me they'e never done a Zeppelin cover ...it would be awesome if they had.. or maybe they did a couple times at shows and ive missed it

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #625 on: January 14, 2014, 01:32:52 PM »

I always compare Axl and Slash to Page and Plant in style, sound and image and all that...

there might not be no GNR without Zeppelin

which is why it surprising to me they'e never done a Zeppelin cover ...it would be awesome if they had.. or maybe they did a couple times at shows and ive missed it

I think they have, or maybe it was Hollywood Rose. I know I've heard Axl singing "Rock and Roll".
 Not GN'R, but Slash has played Communication Breakdown and Immigrant Song with Myles.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #626 on: January 14, 2014, 01:35:40 PM »

For some reason, I've always thought Axl would sound great singing Would? by Alice in Chains.  In my perfect world it would be Izzy and Duff doing Cantrell's vocals, but Tommy could handle them, and Axl would do Layne's vocals.  I think the 'into the flood again....' chorus would sound amazing. 

Could be interesting. I'd definitely listen, but I think even the amazing Axl Rose should leave that one alone.

Not sure there's anyone that could truly do Layne justice.
That man was in a league all his own.
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #627 on: January 14, 2014, 02:23:04 PM »

Don't know about wanting him to sing it, but dreamt that he was singing  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rrXmE19hFk  smoking
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #628 on: January 14, 2014, 03:52:32 PM »

With every GN'R show since 2010 ending with "My Way", as the engineers take down the stage. I feel Axl would do an AMAZING job on this song, and would be cool if Axl actually sang it as the last song, maybe later on in his career.

I think it's so fitting and Axl would fit perfectly into the "My Way" club of Elvis and Sinatra...

Would be awesome!!!...  love
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #629 on: January 14, 2014, 03:56:22 PM »

With every GN'R show since 2010 ending with "My Way", as the engineers take down the stage. I feel Axl would do an AMAZING job on this song, and would be cool if Axl actually sang it as the last song, maybe later on in his career.

I think it's so fitting and Axl would fit perfectly into the "My Way" club of Elvis and Sinatra...

Would be awesome!!!...  love

Marc Canter recently said Axl was asked to do some kind of song with Ol Blue Eyes in 93 but it didnt work out...

that would have been amazing

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #630 on: January 14, 2014, 04:47:28 PM »

Indifference by Pearl Jam
manu
Headliner

« Reply #631 on: January 14, 2014, 05:04:35 PM »

I would have like Axl sing I'd do anything for love (Meat Loaf) with his old voice (80s, 90s or 2010). I can't imagine Axl singing it with his current voice.

Siamese Democracy
Rocker

« Reply #632 on: January 14, 2014, 09:23:12 PM »

I would like to hear Axl sing "Metal Health" by Quiet Riot.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #633 on: January 14, 2014, 10:36:12 PM »

Here I Go Again
Black

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #634 on: January 15, 2014, 12:04:24 AM »

Screw the covers, I want to hear Axl sing his own "My World." And he needs to get nasty again with Tastes good, don't it.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
Rainfox
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #635 on: January 15, 2014, 05:09:54 AM »

To Live and Die in LA.

By Wang Chung.

From the movie of the same name.

Trust me.. check it out on Youtube.
The Wight Gunner
VIP

« Reply #636 on: January 15, 2014, 01:13:27 PM »

ok

To Live and Die in LA.

By Wang Chung.

From the movie of the same name.

Trust me.. check it out on Youtube.
spgunner
Headliner

We begin by coveting what we see every day-Lecter

« Reply #637 on: January 16, 2014, 06:22:06 AM »

Not sure if it was mentioned earlier since there are way too many pages here lol but this reminds me of that talk of Lionel Richie recording Ebony and Ivory with Axl. Here's it:

Excerpt of interview from Liberator magazine (US)

Interviewer - ...have you been working on any other projects?

LR - Yes, as a matter of fact, last month I did some work with none other than Axl Rose of Guns n'Roses fame which was quite (pause) interesting and stimulating

Interviewer - Tell me more.

LR - Well, Axl called me up out of the blue, as you do, said he had a couple of tracks that he wanted me to look at. So I said, yeah come round and I'll have a listen. So he came round, played these two tracks to me, and played a whole bunch of other ones which he had recorded and asked me what I thought. And there really was some great tracks there, some really great, powerful rock tracks. And some great melodies too

Interviewer - So, anything come of this

LR - Yeah, I did a whole load of things with him. I had a look at a whole load of tracks, two in particular. I think one them was called Seven, a really powerful orchestrated number He said he wanted some help with the vocals on that one. Then there was this other song, 'Down by the sea' , I think it was called. I did some experimenting on that song too. Quite a bluesy feel to that one. And, on top of that, we also recorded a cover of 'Ebony and Ivory' which Axl said he loved so much, that he was gonna put it on his new album, or so he said anyway (laughs) So yeah, there was some exciting stuff there

Interviewer - Were you suprised that he contacted you of all people?

LR - Yeah (laughs), you wouldn't normally associate my style of music with Axl's genre of music (laughs again) but Axl said he'd been a big fan of mine in the 1980's and he wanted to get that kind of feel to a couple of his songs. It's been a good experience for me too though as I have been able to explore other areas of music and expand my own musical vocabulary, so to speak, which I think.......blah blah

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #638 on: January 16, 2014, 08:36:26 AM »

Not sure if it was mentioned earlier since there are way too many pages here lol but this reminds me of that talk of Lionel Richie recording Ebony and Ivory with Axl. Here's it:

Excerpt of interview from Liberator magazine (US)

Interviewer - ...have you been working on any other projects?

LR - Yes, as a matter of fact, last month I did some work with none other than Axl Rose of Guns n'Roses fame which was quite (pause) interesting and stimulating

Interviewer - Tell me more.

LR - Well, Axl called me up out of the blue, as you do, said he had a couple of tracks that he wanted me to look at. So I said, yeah come round and I'll have a listen. So he came round, played these two tracks to me, and played a whole bunch of other ones which he had recorded and asked me what I thought. And there really was some great tracks there, some really great, powerful rock tracks. And some great melodies too

Interviewer - So, anything come of this

LR - Yeah, I did a whole load of things with him. I had a look at a whole load of tracks, two in particular. I think one them was called Seven, a really powerful orchestrated number He said he wanted some help with the vocals on that one. Then there was this other song, 'Down by the sea' , I think it was called. I did some experimenting on that song too. Quite a bluesy feel to that one. And, on top of that, we also recorded a cover of 'Ebony and Ivory' which Axl said he loved so much, that he was gonna put it on his new album, or so he said anyway (laughs) So yeah, there was some exciting stuff there

Interviewer - Were you suprised that he contacted you of all people?

LR - Yeah (laughs), you wouldn't normally associate my style of music with Axl's genre of music (laughs again) but Axl said he'd been a big fan of mine in the 1980's and he wanted to get that kind of feel to a couple of his songs. It's been a good experience for me too though as I have been able to explore other areas of music and expand my own musical vocabulary, so to speak, which I think.......blah blah
when is that from? Never heard any of that before.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
spgunner
Headliner

We begin by coveting what we see every day-Lecter

« Reply #639 on: January 16, 2014, 11:24:50 AM »

Back at the early 2000s this came up at many forums and I guess it was never denied for all I remember. Seems like the interview was made by Liberator Magazine, which I suppose it's this one: http://www.liberatormagazine.com/ not 100$ sure though

Sao Paulo.12.10 n'12
Rio III.01.14
Brasilia.03.07
BH.03.10
SP.03.13
Rio.04.04
Rio IV.10.02
Buenos Aires.10.08
Asuncion.10.15
BH.03.22
SP.03.28
Curitiba.03.30