Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 08:00:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Angels saved my life today
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Angels saved my life today  (Read 16368 times)
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2007, 09:11:57 PM »

I thought it was against the rules to make fun of someones religion?

peace

As it should be. But there's a world of difference between attacking someone personally about their religion and making a joke about religion in general.

Though if they start with the preaching I reckon all bets are off. But, you know, with a side of caring-sharing-can'tweallgetalongedness.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2007, 09:16:10 PM »

peace

As it should be. But there's a world of difference between attacking someone personally about their religion and making a joke about religion in general.

Though if they start with the preaching I reckon all bets are off. But, you know, with a side of caring-sharing-can'tweallgetalongedness.

It just seems to me Annie is getting smashed about what she believes in by jokes. I got nothing against people not believing in something but some of the comments throughout this thread seem pretty hurtful.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2007, 09:26:01 PM »

It just seems to me Annie is getting smashed about what she believes in by jokes. I got nothing against people not believing in something but some of the comments throughout this thread seem pretty hurtful.

peace

On the other hand, Annie has a voice in her head which gives her traffic updates. So, hurtful or not, there's a karmic balance issue to be addressed because, let's face it, if she'd been t-boned at the intersection by a car doing 70 this thread would be way less entertaining. So doesn't that mean that those cracking-wise at her expense are really, in their own way, celebrating Annie's good fortune? Exactly. It would be heartless not to make jokes at her expense, it would be like saying "Fuck Annie, Annie is dead to me." So you see, there's that.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2007, 01:38:02 AM »

Maybe but You  have to join the secret club to find out.

Yes, you do.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2007, 01:46:36 AM »

I found this to be a good reply to the question Why does God allow bad things to happen?

If it was all left up to god, then that would let human beings off the hook. We could all live like Paris Hilton.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2007, 01:48:01 AM »

I found this to be a good reply to the question Why does God allow bad things to happen?

If it was all left up to god, then that would let human beings off the hook. We could all live like Paris Hilton.

Living like Paris is a hell into it's own ......

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2007, 10:46:52 AM »

Great story, can be your intuition or what we call angels peace

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Annie
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2007, 01:52:08 PM »

peace

peace
Not to worry. When it comes to my belief in angels, I am so secure in my knowledge that they exist, that comments made by sceptics do not bother me in the least. I am just glad that I am not dead, or worse, disfigured.
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2007, 02:20:09 PM »

See, DNB, Annie is secure in her views and unbothered by scepticism. Hopefully spelling, too.

That said; Annie, is it just angels or did you get the zombie/goblin package too? Few people have the goblin experience these days and when they do it's always negative shit too. If it were my choice I'd have angels for GPS, zombies for tire rotations and goblins to remind me to get an oil change.

That was borderline. All in good fun, I assure you.
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2007, 02:44:06 PM »

You're right... Please stop doing it.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2007, 03:04:37 PM »

oh it's just something people say when they live thorugh a life or death experience. No big deal.  Roll Eyes

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2007, 03:06:09 PM »

You're right... Please stop doing it.

Noted and agreed.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2007, 03:09:25 PM »

oh it's just something people say when they live thorugh a life or death experience. No big deal.? Roll Eyes

Some people sure.? But there are plenty of people who actually believe that God saves them.? Annie for example, actually believes that angels whispered in her ear to save her life.? Which is why I asked the question? (never answered) if the same care continued down the road and killed a child, does that mean the angels chose to let him die?

If we could answer that question then we'd also be able to answer the meaning of life. For some it takes a lifetime to get there, for some it never happens at all.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2007, 03:17:46 PM »

oh it's just something people say when they live thorugh a life or death experience. No big deal.? Roll Eyes

Some people sure.? But there are plenty of people who actually believe that God saves them.? Annie for example, actually believes that angels whispered in her ear to save her life.? Which is why I asked the question? (never answered) if the same care continued down the road and killed a child, does that mean the angels chose to let him die?

If we could answer that question then we'd also be able to answer the meaning of life.

Done and done:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPpLn_1E0dQ
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2007, 03:25:07 PM »

If we could answer that question then we'd also be able to answer the meaning of life.

Done and done:? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPpLn_1E0dQ

rofl Tanks for that!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2007, 03:48:01 PM »

"Not kill, that's a good one..."

lol
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2007, 05:21:14 PM »

and the one who lives said "God saved me", what about the other person?? Aren't they saying that God chose death for that person??

In effect, yes.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2007, 08:49:37 PM »

and the one who lives said "God saved me", what about the other person?? Aren't they saying that God chose death for that person??

In effect, yes.
No logic there. Roll Eyes

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2007, 11:12:37 PM »

God told Jamika to use the  golden power of veto veto on Jen tonight  hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2007, 12:04:02 AM »

In effect, yes.
No logic there. Roll Eyes

Although I would never see myself getting into any form of debate with you, as futile as it may be, here we are. For a post, at least.

And I don't want to hitch my carriage to this side of the argument, but wouldn't it be very logical to deem the devil is at work here when contrasted with the beleif that whatever the case may be is an act of God??

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: