Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 06:33:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  ok, I've gotta' ask....
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ok, I've gotta' ask....  (Read 37290 times)
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2007, 10:00:07 PM »

Sorry, I was busy watching Guns N' Roses rock Japan and meet Japanese fans instead of dealing with your Steven Adler threads.

/jarmo

Just curious: do you (Jarmo) have a real  job in the real  world? I mean, how do you have time to jet off to see GNR on all these different continents? And who  pays for all these  trips? Don't take  my question the wrong way, I am just curious  how  it  is possible. I know that I certainly could not do that and keep my job, so  I was  just  wondering.....
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #81 on: July 24, 2007, 02:01:10 AM »

Stolat - Thank you for the lesson in logic you really are a wonderful teacher, unfortunately though you missed out one vital tiny little bit of information.

Stevens 'friends' in this case just so happens to be Slash, Duff and Izzy.

Slash, Steven, Izzy, Duff = major part of AFD (correct)

AFD = GNR (correct)

So by my logic and actually by yours too as I've just shown, Steven and his 'friends' are very much a vital part of AFD and in turn GNR.

Get it! ?Kiss

And here is another tiny bit of vital information -

In 2007 Guns N' Roses are Axl, Frank, Bumblefoot, Richard, Dizzy, Tommy, Chris and Robin.

Therefore Slash, Duff, and Izzy can ONLY and LEGALLY be called Steven's friends.....get it!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2007, 06:15:14 AM »

Sorry, I was busy watching Guns N' Roses rock Japan and meet Japanese fans instead of dealing with your Steven Adler threads.

/jarmo

Just curious: do you (Jarmo) have a real  job in the real  world? I mean, how do you have time to jet off to see GNR on all these different continents? And who  pays for all these  trips? Don't take  my question the wrong way, I am just curious  how  it  is possible. I know that I certainly could not do that and keep my job, so  I was  just  wondering.....

Yes I have a job which allows me to have flexible hours and I since don't spend my money on crap, I can do what I like with my savings (travel).

I haven't done anything fun since November. So imagine saving money for 6-7 months and maybe then a ten day trip to Japan doesn't seem that weird.

At the end of the day, we get it, we know you like the new band, people like me like them as well as the old band, and we know you have to be seen to be a supporter no matter what. But for god sake - deleting topics about 4/5 of the original GNR line up playing together for the first time in decades is throwing out the baby with the bathwater!

It's about respect. Guns N' Roses just finished a tour which some of you "fans" didn't want to happen. You didn't want fans other than yourselves to see GN'R play.

Now that it happened you're more than happy to disrespect the band by trying to make it seem like there's some kind of reunion just because Steven is playing a show.

I'm not interested in helping promote the event. I've gotten too many e-mails/messages asking me if it's true that there'll be a reunion already thanks to Steven.

It's fucking bullshit.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 06:19:57 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: July 24, 2007, 11:20:13 AM »

Stolat - Thank you for the lesson in logic you really are a wonderful teacher, unfortunately though you missed out one vital tiny little bit of information.

Stevens 'friends' in this case just so happens to be Slash, Duff and Izzy.

Slash, Steven, Izzy, Duff = major part of AFD (correct)

AFD = GNR (correct)

So by my logic and actually by yours too as I've just shown, Steven and his 'friends' are very much a vital part of AFD and in turn GNR.

Get it! ?Kiss

And here is another tiny bit of vital information -

In 2007 Guns N' Roses are Axl, Frank, Bumblefoot, Richard, Dizzy, Tommy, Chris and Robin.

Therefore Slash, Duff, and Izzy can ONLY and LEGALLY be called Steven's friends.....get it!

Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven are 80% of AFD and therefore their contributions to GNR far outweigh any contributions by  Frank, Bumblefoot, Richard, Tommy, Chris and Robin. I saw the band live last year and they were great so I'm well aware of who is in GNR in 2007 not that it's remotely relevant to the topic in hand but as you saw fit to bring it up. Whether you like it or not petal Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven played a major part in the GNR legacy, a much bigger part than anybody in the new band will ever play. Therefore whatever you wish to call them doesn't matter 'Steven and his friends' part in the GNR legacy is secure, unlike those in the class of 2007.

It's about respect. Guns N' Roses just finished a tour which some of you "fans" didn't want to happen. You didn't want fans other than yourselves to see GN'R play.

Now that it happened you're more than happy to disrespect the band by trying to make it seem like there's some kind of reunion just because Steven is playing a show.

You're spot on jarmo it is about respect, but respect works both ways. Last time I checked this was a GNR fan site and according to my GNR album AFD Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven played on it, which I think in most peoples eyes should make them worthy of respect on a GNR fan site, do you not agree? The old band achieved much more as GNR than Frank, Bumblefoot, Richard, Tommy, Chris and Robin ever have, yet these are the guys that desere all the respect over Slash and the rest, why exactly is that?

I'm not interested in helping promote the event. I've gotten too many e-mails/messages asking me if it's true that there'll be a reunion already thanks to Steven.

It's fucking bullshit.

/jarmo

The only people making this into a GNR reunion are tiny fractions of the media and you, nobody else has said it's a GNR reunion, the fans know it's not and haven't said it is. You're arguing a point that was never made to suit your cause. Steven Adler an ex member of GNR has said he'll be hopefully reuniting with Slash, Izzy and maybe Duff to celebrate the anniversary of AFD, surely you can see why people on a GNR site would like to be able to discuss that? If you won't let people talk about it then you might as well put 'A site for fans of the new GNR only!' sign on the homepage, because if you are going to deny people the opportunity to discuss, perhaps the biggest news in the last 10 years regarding original GNR members, then that's all this site has become.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2007, 11:30:20 AM »

Ok! Ok! So you don't get it then. You could have just said that instead of going on and on and on...... Roll Eyes

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2007, 11:35:28 AM »

Every time Steven has mentioned Axl, it's been blown out of proportion and caused confusion.

I don't care if it's a small portion of the GN'R fans.

Even one guy buying a ticket thinking Axl will be there is too many and I don't want any part in that.

Nobody's saying those guys weren't part of GN'R in the past or that they didn't contribute. They're not part of Guns N' Roses in 2007 in any shape or form. So by saying "Guns N' Roses members are reuniting", you are disrespecting the current band and it's not gonna happen here.

Maybe other sites are happy to cater to your needs and do that, we're not interested.

You can discuss the celebrations after they've happened. Let's see who shows up.

If you have a problem with all this, too fucking bad. Maybe this isn't the site you want to post at? Maybe you'd be more at home on some other site that thinks being a fan is the opposite of my definition?

I see so many of these "why can't we talk about this?" threads here and even when I answer, you just don't get it. It probably means that you don't understand the whole concept behind this site. Maybe because the definition of being a fan to you is just different from what it means to me.

You probably demand things from the band, and when you don't get them when you want them, you complain about the band not having respect for its fans.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 11:39:09 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #86 on: July 24, 2007, 12:09:04 PM »

/jarmo

Just curious: do you (Jarmo) have a real? job in the real? world? I mean, how do you have time to jet off to see GNR on all these different continents? And who? pays for all these? trips? Don't take? my question the wrong way, I am just curious? how? it? is possible. I know that I certainly could not do that and keep my job, so? I was? just? wondering.....

Yes I have a job which allows me to have flexible hours and I since don't spend my money on crap, I can do what I like with my savings (travel).

I haven't done anything fun since November. So imagine saving money for 6-7 months and maybe then a ten day trip to Japan doesn't seem that weird.

/jarmo

Nothing weird about it. I was just curious. I guess you are lucky having such a job and the freedom. As for me, I am  weighed down by various responsibilities and lost my freedom to do such things and have such fun long ago.......
SLCPUNK
« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2007, 12:09:13 PM »

Jarmo can I see a copy of your bank accounts to confirm your posts?

Just pm it over, thanks dude.
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2007, 12:12:50 PM »

Ok! Ok! So you don't get it then. You could have just said that instead of going on and on and on...... Roll Eyes

rofl rofl Did you ask an 8 year old for that retort?

Every time Steven has mentioned Axl, it's been blown out of proportion and caused confusion.

I don't care if it's a small portion of the GN'R fans.

Even one guy buying a ticket thinking Axl will be there is too many and I don't want any part in that.

Nobody's saying those guys weren't part of GN'R in the past or that they didn't contribute. They're not part of Guns N' Roses in 2007 in any shape or form. So by saying "Guns N' Roses members are reuniting", you are disrespecting the current band and it's not gonna happen here.

Maybe other sites are happy to cater to your needs and do that, we're not interested.

You can discuss the celebrations after they've happened. Let's see who shows up.

If you have a problem with all this, too fucking bad. Maybe this isn't the site you want to post at? Maybe you'd be more at home on some other site that thinks being a fan is the opposite of my definition?

I see so many of these "why can't we talk about this?" threads here and even when I answer, you just don't get it. It probably means that you don't understand the whole concept behind this site. Maybe because the definition of being a fan to you is just different from what it means to me.

You probably demand things from the band, and when you don't get them when you want them, you complain about the band not having respect for its fans.

/jarmo

You know your first reply was pretty good, you gave an answer to the question which is all I was looking for, I didn't necessarily agree with a couple of things you still said but people can't agree all the time, allowing fans to discuss the celebration after it's occured is fair enough, the subject would have been dropped.

The last 3 paragraphs you added afterwards for whatever reason undid all your good work sadly. Of course you're right if I don't like it is 'too fucking bad' it's your site and you will do as GNR tell you, but a word of advice, if you don't like people questioning decisions you make, don't have a fucking admin section inviting people to ask questions about the site, it's asking for trouble don't you think?

Secondly telling someone what kind of fan they are is pretty low, it's a shame a simple question forced you to stoop to such levels. Just for your information though jarmo I'm the kind of fan that will praise them when I think something needs praise and will voice criticism when I think it is warranted, it's called being realistic. I'm not the kind of fan that will post absoloute bullshit as long as it's positive in the hope of getting backstage passes to shows and free tickets etc, those fans are called something else.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
SLCPUNK
« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2007, 12:18:59 PM »

Nothing weird about it. I was just curious. I guess you are lucky having such a job and the freedom. As for me, I am  weighed down by various responsibilities and lost my freedom to do such things and have such fun long ago.......

Kids alone can tie a grown up to a computer, even before bills and all the other material trappings.

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2007, 12:33:23 PM »

Nothing weird about it. I was just curious. I guess you are lucky having such a job and the freedom. As for me, I am weighed down by various responsibilities and lost my freedom to do such things and have such fun long ago.......

Kids alone can tie a grown up to a computer, even before bills and all the other material trappings.

I going to say something along those lines. I have a very flexible job, unfortunately, I also have a 15 year old daughter that eats money.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2007, 12:49:15 PM »

^ Amen to that. But don't even get me started on 15 year daughters....sometimes, actually most of the time, I think that she is dedicated to ruining not only her own life, but ours as well. I need to start a threat  in The Jungle about what  it is like to live  with an emotionally disturbed 15 year old psychopath. hihi
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2007, 01:28:50 PM »

I don't know how in the hell it's disrespecful to the new band.   These guys started it first, it's not THEIR fault Axl kept the name, if they want to get together publicily for a show for an anniversary for a band THEY all started and an album THEY created, how is that disrepect??

It's their music too, Jeez.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #93 on: July 24, 2007, 01:50:35 PM »

I don't know how in the hell it's disrespecful to the new band.   These guys started it first, it's not THEIR fault Axl kept the name, if they want to get together publicily for a show for an anniversary for a band THEY all started and an album THEY created, how is that disrepect??

Yeah, I was the one who left the band back in the 90's...  Roll Eyes

I'll tell you one thing, after all the statements Slash and Duff have made, IF they do this, I'll lose all the remaining respect I have for them.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #94 on: July 24, 2007, 02:03:45 PM »

Secondly telling someone what kind of fan they are is pretty low, it's a shame a simple question forced you to stoop to such levels. Just for your information though jarmo I'm the kind of fan that will praise them when I think something needs praise and will voice criticism when I think it is warranted, it's called being realistic. I'm not the kind of fan that will post absoloute bullshit as long as it's positive in the hope of getting backstage passes to shows and free tickets etc, those fans are called something else.

What?

You got a problem with the fact that I suspect your definition of what a fan is, is different from mine?

Seems like you got some kind of agenda against me judging by your post.

The problem is that you think a fan is somebody who thinks they're being lied to by the band and that the band doesn't care.

You've been fed bullshit for years and once you actually get something straight from the band, you can't grasp it. So it's labeled bullshit by you because it doesn't match the lies you've been fed for years.

What are you? A fan or a critic?

Sometimes I wonder. It seems like some have this need to put the band down all the time. Just like certain critics do. Finding ways to bash artists just to act cool.

You go to a show with the mission to find faults instead of relaxing and having a good time.

God forbid, if you say something positive all the other kids will point fingers and laugh at you for being a "blind" worshiper. Oh the horror!

Did you miss the memo about Guns N' Roses touring in 2007 so there can't be a Guns N' Roses reunion?

/jarmo

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #95 on: July 24, 2007, 02:09:35 PM »

I'll tell you one thing, after all the statements Slash and Duff have made, IF they do this, I'll lose all the remaining respect I have for them.

How would 4 old friends playing together to celebrate what is their biggest musical contribution to date cause you to lose respect for any them? Most people would find it exciting that 80% of the line-up that recorded the greatest album in rock history are going to potentially play a few songs together. It has been a long time since they have been on a stage together, and it is nice to see that even though they have all started other endeavors they haven't forgotten where they came from musically.

Hell, Slash and Duff have done more promotion for the Appetite anniversary this year than GNR has, so if anything you should respect them more for promoting an album and band they are no longer in that really only benefits Axl.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2007, 02:12:17 PM »

Hell, Slash and Duff have done more promotion for the Appetite anniversary this year than GNR has, so if anything you should respect them more for promoting an album and band they are no longer in that really only benefits Axl.

Umm sure. Like they don't make any money off those sales.

They're such great guys for promoting GN'R.  Tongue

/jarmo

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2007, 02:24:52 PM »

Did you miss the memo about Guns N' Roses touring in 2007 so there can't be a Guns N' Roses reunion?

Not that you would ever listen to me, but if I were you and had the contacts you appear to I would be sending all of the mainstream attention Adler's gig is starting to attract to whoever manages GNR right now and tell them that whoever is in charge of marketing for the band should be fired for doing a piss poor job.

The fact that someone like Yahoo would report those 4 as a GNR reunion is proof positive that GNR is not effectively getting the message out to the masses what and who GNR really is. They have a good product to sell, but the management is undermining the band by not letting anyone know it really exists right now.

I have no doubt you will snicker at my suggestion, but in the business world you know that when you have a good product for which there is a strong demand like there is for GNR, there shouldn't be any question in 2007 as to who GNR is. As you said, they just finished up a tour, and yet news articles are talking about the band like they broke up 10 years ago and have ceased to exist. That is not the fault of the band, but whoever they are employing that isn't doing his job.

However, if Axl doesn't fire some people and proactively start trying to create brand awareness then who else is there to blame for the general public being in the dark about GNR in general. Being apathetic towards promotion creates and sensationalizes things like the Adler saga because people aren't effectively told otherwise.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2007, 02:28:32 PM »

Umm sure. Like they don't make any money off those sales.

They're such great guys for promoting GN'R.

If even one extra person bought a concert ticket to see GNR after getting into Appetite that is a good trade-off for Axl considering the pittance CD royalties seem to bring these days. I don't doubt they have a vested interest in the album, but past the couple cents per album Axl is coming out ahead if another GNR fan is created.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #99 on: July 24, 2007, 02:50:42 PM »

Steven is using his former band's name to sell more tickets for a club show.

Axl should fire people because of that?

Makes no sense.

Steven should be held responsible for false marketing.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: