Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 06:49:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Second half of 07'
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Second half of 07'  (Read 23485 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #100 on: August 15, 2007, 01:09:46 PM »

Axl has make some deal with the Devil in the Past. and he offered his Soul. The devils will take his Soul when he has Finished Chinesse Democracy the GNR 4th album.

I guess he has it alive and kicking. The devil is dead.
besides, had they not been working on 2 albums at the same time?

daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2007, 03:13:20 PM »

i think the idea that they are actually recording and will release two albums, and that there has always been a plan, is complete BS.

yeah, i think they may have worked on maybe 30-40 ideas fro songs but no way doe 30 or 40 actual songs exist. these songs may / may not blossom over time though...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 03:23:43 PM by daviebuckethead » Logged

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #102 on: August 23, 2007, 11:40:36 PM »

Hey all,

Didn't want to start a thread about this and wasn't sure the best place, so I figured this thread would suffice.

My band (Red Roses Black if you want to check us out) had a meeting with someone who works at Universal Canada's marketing department.  I was told me a couple of interesting things:

- there has been no news from the band to start any marketing; the album has not yet been received by the record company.  Thus Chinese Democracy as it stands now is not on any release schedule for Universal/Geffen.

- Supposedly last year, around December, someone from New York flew up to the Toronto office and played a few tracks to some of the upper brass.  It was understood at the time that the record wasn't done.  As for what tracks were played, it wasn't known.

They said they knew more, but wasn't allowed to say.  Whether he/she does know more or not I'm not sure, as he/she still thought Slash was in the band.  Anyway, take it for what it's worth, just thought I'd pass it along.

Cheers,

Andrew
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 11:42:16 PM by downzy56 » Logged

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #103 on: August 24, 2007, 03:17:08 PM »

Hey all,

Didn't want to start a thread about this and wasn't sure the best place, so I figured this thread would suffice.

My band (Red Roses Black if you want to check us out) had a meeting with someone who works at Universal Canada's marketing department.? I was told me a couple of interesting things:

- there has been no news from the band to start any marketing; the album has not yet been received by the record company.? Thus Chinese Democracy as it stands now is not on any release schedule for Universal/Geffen.

- Supposedly last year, around December, someone from New York flew up to the Toronto office and played a few tracks to some of the upper brass.? It was understood at the time that the record wasn't done.? As for what tracks were played, it wasn't known.

They said they knew more, but wasn't allowed to say.? Whether he/she does know more or not I'm not sure, as he/she still thought Slash was in the band.? Anyway, take it for what it's worth, just thought I'd pass it along.

Cheers,

Andrew

Thanks for that ok  I can't believe someone from the record company doesn't realize Slash isn't in the band.  Do they read any rock magazines at all or just live under a rock?  Goes to show how out of touch those people can be sometimes.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #104 on: August 24, 2007, 11:02:29 PM »

Hey all,

My band (Red Roses Black if you want to check us out) had a meeting with someone who works at Universal Canada's marketing department.  I was told me a couple of interesting things:

- there has been no news from the band to start any marketing; the album has not yet been received by the record company.  Thus Chinese Democracy as it stands now is not on any release schedule for Universal/Geffen.

- Supposedly last year, around December, someone from New York flew up to the Toronto office and played a few tracks to some of the upper brass.  It was understood at the time that the record wasn't done.  As for what tracks were played, it wasn't known.

They said they knew more, but wasn't allowed to say.  Whether he/she does know more or not I'm not sure, as he/she still thought Slash was in the band.  Anyway, take it for what it's worth, just thought I'd pass it along.

Cheers,

Andrew

Thanks for that ok  I can't believe someone from the record company doesn't realize Slash isn't in the band.  Do they read any rock magazines at all or just live under a rock?  Goes to show how out of touch those people can be sometimes.

It could be flipped the other way around.  Perhaps it just goes to show how much GNR is out of the limelight now.  Now if they had something to promote, that might change a bit.

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #105 on: August 25, 2007, 01:56:35 AM »

You must be living on a deserted island.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #106 on: August 25, 2007, 04:30:23 AM »

Knew more but wernt allowed to say....... could be a legal matter then, possibly contract renegotiations, i somehow doubt the original 80s contract with Geffen is suited to the modern music buisness.... internet sales etc!

Who knows, good info though, basically confirms that Universal wont spend a $ until Axl has surrendered CD 100% complete to the label. Guess thats the price he has to pay for missing so many label deadlines! If he doesnt hand it in within the next 4 weeks then i think we can say goodbye to 07!

Jonx
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #107 on: August 25, 2007, 06:24:49 AM »

So the label hasn't heard an 100% complete album yet.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #108 on: August 25, 2007, 07:02:30 AM »

So the label hasn't heard an 100% complete album yet.

it certainly would appear that way. if the album was "100%" complete, it would be in the hands of the record company, and be on some sort of release schedule. further to that the band would probably make an annoucement that the album had been turned over, and that it was now "out of their hands" to absolve them of blame for any further delays.

so yes i believe the record company haven't heard a100% complete album. to think otherwise is delusional.

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #109 on: August 25, 2007, 07:16:05 AM »

So we need to get on Axl's back then...... and instill in him the "mojo" so the album may be complete!

How should we encorage him so he gets his ass into the studio?

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
CSS
« Reply #110 on: August 25, 2007, 07:40:48 AM »

How should we encorage him so he gets his ass into the studio?

Why?

The recording is done...

But you can make up your mind about that as you wish.
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #111 on: August 25, 2007, 07:45:22 AM »

Hey all,

Cheers,

Andrew

actually they worked on 80+ ideas for songs...
and in jan06  26 out of 32 were almost done...

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #112 on: August 25, 2007, 02:32:58 PM »

maybe  4 songe they were working on weren't done but the rest, the 38 songs were done and needed no more work ......

wasn't it 70+ materials that ever got a mention in an old interview? 
Chief
Legend

« Reply #113 on: August 25, 2007, 05:08:53 PM »

as for the last december thing, that doesn't mean that much now because the recording was completed in early 07 and now I think they must be wrapping up the last minute promo details, video, etc. before they hand over the album.  IMO, this way when they do hand it over, there won't be any thing else in their control that will delay it again.

Hey all,

Cheers,

Andrew

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
estranged.1098
« Reply #114 on: August 25, 2007, 07:12:57 PM »

as for the last december thing, that doesn't mean that much now because the recording was completed in early 07 and now I think they must be wrapping up the last minute promo details, video, etc. before they hand over the album.  IMO, this way when they do hand it over, there won't be any thing else in their control that will delay it again.

It'd be highly unusual, specially since the money to promote the album should come from the label and not Guns N' Roses.

It's a lot more likely that the album still isn't done.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #115 on: August 26, 2007, 01:41:36 AM »

actually they worked on 80+ ideas for songs...
and in jan06? 26 out of 32 were almost done...

32 - 26 = 6

Yes, it would take a while to complete 6 more songs...

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #116 on: August 26, 2007, 01:53:48 AM »

I think it's pretty safe to say this will be another year without the album. We get to this time EVERY year and we say, "Oh it will be out late fall... it will be out in November... it will be out in time for Christmas, etc." We speculate and speculate about things that we aren't even 100% sure about all the time... and the funny thing is, we actually believe the things we say.

When Axl says the album IS DONE and is in the hands of the record company awaiting release... then I'll believe it. That won't be this year though. I've stopped being optimistic when it comes to this band because it's pointless. I just take whatever they give us, when they give it to us. SOME OF YOU are just setting yourselves up for ANOTHER big letdown. Then when the years over you'll start bashing the band like you do every year and hope for a spring or summer release.

EDIT: So I went back and looked to see when it was that Del James posted on GNR.com that the "album was complete" and in the mixing process. That was February 22 of this year. 6 months later... and nothing. It doesn't take 6 months to mix a fucking album. Wasn't that Del James article taken down like right away off of the official site or was that something else??

I don't think it's done yet. It was probably being mixed and Axl thought he could do something better here or there. The dudes a perfectionist to the millionth power... I don't think he's going to let go of "his baby" for a long time. It's already been a long time you say?? Of course it has... so what's another 6 months to a few years wait???

Bottom line... I hope I'm fucking wrong and I'll eat my words quite happily when the album is in my hand. I HOPE it does come out this year... but I'm just being realistic.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 02:11:08 AM by lennonisgod » Logged

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #117 on: August 26, 2007, 01:55:44 AM »

Rome was not built in a day!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #118 on: August 26, 2007, 01:57:23 AM »

Rome was not built in a day!

Rome was probably built quicker than this album is being put together though...

Hopefully it will be better than Rome EVER was... and Rome used to be a force to be reckoned with.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 02:16:10 AM by lennonisgod » Logged

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #119 on: August 26, 2007, 02:09:12 AM »

Do you think its safe to say that IF we get some new tour dates soon that means the CD is almost ready to drop?? I think if we get no new dates its a BAD sign for this year..??

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: