Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:23:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  June 30th - Auckland, New Zealand
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: June 30th - Auckland, New Zealand  (Read 5647 times)
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2007, 10:40:45 AM »

thanks jarmo, tonya and tynia!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2007, 10:55:08 AM »

seconded.

sounded like ANOTHER great show   peace   Sounds like these shows down under were some of GnR's best ever!
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2007, 11:41:44 AM »

how come axl doesn't talk to much to the crowd during the concerts.is it the language barrier you think.because in the  U.S.A  he talks alot more.like the madatnascar thing he talked about.he just seems to talk more in the states.

the one an only horsey !
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2007, 11:46:34 AM »

As far as I know they do talk English in NZ even if it is fuckin' crazy English  rofl

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2007, 11:47:31 AM »

how come axl doesn't talk to much to the crowd during the concerts.is it the language barrier you think.because in the? U.S.A? he talks alot more.like the madatnascar thing he talked about.he just seems to talk more in the states.
Axl barely said anything at MSG last year.  I was hoping to hear some rants, but he just stuck to the music.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2007, 11:49:09 AM »

am i wrong though you think ?
he does seem to talk a bit though.but not much more then little bits.before he would tell a story or rant or something.just wondering why thats all.no rants for axl seems strange.

the one an only horsey !
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2007, 11:54:39 AM »

he does seem to talk a bit though.but not much more then little bits.before he would tell a story or rant or something.just wondering why thats all.no rants for axl seems strange.
I don't think he talks as much at any of the shows, U.S. or otherwise.  Not like he used to.  I think in the past he used to talk a lot more at the U.S. shows, most likely because of the language barrier.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2007, 12:03:07 PM »

i think he talks equally much now as he did in the states... just because the updaters don't report it don't mean he's quiet during the gig
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2007, 12:34:33 PM »

seconded.

sounded like ANOTHER great show? ?peace? ?Sounds like these shows down under were some of GnR's best ever!

Sorry, I just don't get it.  Not singling you out, but why is it such a "great show" if you're not there?  It's the same setlist, in the same order, with Axl not saying anything to the crowd.  I mean, I'm sure the people there like it, but I don't get how people can follow them around from show to show, knowing that it's going to be the same every time.

And before you criticize - I saw them 4 times last year in NY.  The 1st set of shows at Hammerstein were great, because no one really knew what they were going to play.  But people forget that at the MSG show later in the year (that I was at) there was SO much anticipation, but it was exactly the same.   Yeah, I had a good time, but I know that the casual fans said that it was exactly the same show, and alot of them said they wouldn't see them again until CD is out.

I just don't get when people say "Great setlist!" but it's the same every time, unless they throw in a Nice Boys, Down on the Farm, or Used to Love Her.  Hardly worth traveling place to place to see them. 

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2007, 12:48:18 PM »

Hardly worth traveling place to place to see them. 

Depends what you want to get out of the travels.

I don't regret traveling to multiple shows in Europe and North America last year.

Seeing new places, meeting fellow fans and seeing GN'R play, yeah that sounds like a horrible idea.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2007, 12:54:24 PM »

Hardly worth traveling place to place to see them.?

I don't regret traveling to multiple shows in Europe and North America last year.

Seeing new places, meeting fellow fans and seeing GN'R play, yeah that sounds like a horrible idea.? hihi

/jarmo

i agree with ya. i traveled to las vegas to see them at the joint. great show great trip. and i saw them a total of 4 times in 2006. each show was terrific no complaints here.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2007, 12:54:31 PM »

Seeing new places, meeting fellow fans and seeing GN'R play, yeah that sounds like a horrible idea.  hihi

/jarmo

It fucking sucked.

Wink
Annie
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2007, 01:37:57 PM »

I loved all 5 shows i saw last year. I love hearing my favorite songs over and over. But then again, I have seen the musical WICKED 14 times. I get something new out of each performance.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2007, 02:07:37 PM »

I love reading the updates 'live'. Yesterday and Today I was late for the shows but I still enjoy reading them.
Thanks jarmo and tonya n tynia.  beer

It fucking sucked.

'to suck' sometimes means 'to rock' in this place, nay?
RebelRose89
Rocker

It's Showtime!

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2007, 02:55:43 PM »

thanks to everyone who provided updates! Once again it sounded like Gn'R had another amazing show!

Go Sabres - Go Bills - Go White Sox
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2007, 03:33:18 PM »

seconded.

sounded like ANOTHER great show? ?peace? ?Sounds like these shows down under were some of GnR's best ever!

Sorry, I just don't get it.? Not singling you out, but why is it such a "great show" if you're not there?? It's the same setlist, in the same order, with Axl not saying anything to the crowd.? I mean, I'm sure the people there like it, but I don't get how people can follow them around from show to show, knowing that it's going to be the same every time.

And before you criticize - I saw them 4 times last year in NY.? The 1st set of shows at Hammerstein were great, because no one really knew what they were going to play.? But people forget that at the MSG show later in the year (that I was at) there was SO much anticipation, but it was exactly the same.? ?Yeah, I had a good time, but I know that the casual fans said that it was exactly the same show, and alot of them said they wouldn't see them again until CD is out.

I just don't get when people say "Great setlist!" but it's the same every time, unless they throw in a Nice Boys, Down on the Farm, or Used to Love Her.? Hardly worth traveling place to place to see them.?

Ugh we still have setlist bitches here??

Why was there so much anticipation for the MSG show??? Because its NYC  Roll Eyes
You knew going into that show what the set was going to be.. It was close at every North American show... axl dosent have to change it just because its MSG... Alot of other bands have similar setlists every night...

I think people call them great shows, because the band sounds good and the crowd is pumped... Yes go figure, fans pumped over the same setlist
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2007, 03:47:59 PM »

Thanks for the updates people! ok

Oh, and please, don?t be ridiculous. It?s not like GNR are the only band that plays the same setlist every night.MOST of the bands do it so stop the moaning Roll Eyes.

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2007, 03:51:55 PM »

It sounds like a great show because the reports are that the band put on a great show and the crowd response was excellent, that would qualify as a great show.
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2007, 05:32:32 PM »

Ugh we still have setlist bitches here??

Why was there so much anticipation for the MSG show??? Because its NYC? Roll Eyes
You knew going into that show what the set was going to be.. It was close at every North American show... axl dosent have to change it just because its MSG... Alot of other bands have similar setlists every night...

I think people call them great shows, because the band sounds good and the crowd is pumped... Yes go figure, fans pumped over the same setlist

Good point.  That's why the MSG update thread was 41 pages, and the recent shows have been under 10.

Roll Eyes
Mr.Intensity
Banned
Legend

Intensity, Integrity, Intelligence

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2007, 05:32:49 PM »

Hardly worth traveling place to place to see them.?

Seeing new places, meeting fellow fans and seeing GN'R play, yeah that sounds like a horrible idea.? hihi

/jarmo

Catching Gnr on any vacation is an added bonus no matter what setlist they play. ok If you specifically travel a far distance to see a gnr show when you pretty much KNOW what the setlist will be, then you bitch about it after, you're just dumb imo....

I think we all know the setlist isn't going to change until the American leg of the tour/C.D is released. peace
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: