Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 21, 2024, 04:06:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228095 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guitar Hero III feat. Welcome To The Jungle
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guitar Hero III feat. Welcome To The Jungle  (Read 54409 times)
GNRFan333
Opening Act

« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2007, 10:42:53 PM »

havent found any VR or hidden GNR yet...but whatever. setlist still rocks.

anyone know how to get bret michaels in game character? i havent been able to figure it out or find out how to. its driving me nuts
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2007, 11:08:38 PM »

anyone know how to get bret michaels in game character? i havent been able to figure it out or find out how to. its driving me nuts

Why would you want to?

He is so fuckig lame. Why is he in a game called Legends of Rock? There is nothing legendary about that pink powder puff. Slash yes. That fool, get the fuck outta here.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #82 on: November 01, 2007, 11:20:54 PM »

you unclock WTTJ when you do an encore with Slash in career mode. as for bret he dont come out. he just has one of his songs in the game that you have to buy. and there is no VR songs in the game. maybe in the future will be able to download them.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2007, 08:01:43 AM »

you unclock WTTJ when you do an encore with Slash in career mode. as for bret he dont come out. he just has one of his songs in the game that you have to buy. and there is no VR songs in the game. maybe in the future will be able to download them.

He's always the singer for "Talk Dirty to Me" and the song (the name escapes me) for the Brett Michaels band.

There are rumors that one of the unlockable "cheats" is to have him be your singer for EVERY song...including the female singer songs...but I've yet to see anyone confirm that, or talk about how to do it.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2007, 09:34:31 AM »

slash was harder to beat in the game than the final boss, the fuckin' DEVIL on devil went down to georgia! that was sick. jungle was a blast to play

ps: i went to the joe perry signing in manhattan and got a gh3 guitar faceplate for the 360 controller and a photo of joe perry himself signed. the only thing though, joe perry seemed like a real dick
I'm only playing on Medium (still kinda new to the game), but was able to beat Slash on my first attempt. Of course, I failed One by Metallica three times (I've discovered that playing GH3 when super tired is not very easy).

i hate playing on medium but this game turned up the difficulty a lot since GH2 so i can't play hard mode yet either.. so i beat the game on medium with the HyperSpeed cheat on. i'm working on playing through the game on hard  mode with hyperspeed cheat so once i play hard mode in normal speed, it'll be a little easier.. i hope lol

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2007, 11:01:37 AM »

Hyperspeed cheat? What's that? Can you tell I've never played this game before last Sunday, LOL  hihi

That said, I'm friggin' addicted to it now. I haven't been a 'gamer' since I was twelve or thirteen years old...now that I'm 30, this is the first video game that I've gotten really excited about and am loving it (same feeling I got when I first played tetris or marble madness...or completed Super Mario Bros. for the first time). LOL...I guess I'm really dating myself here, huh. Anyway, I'm playing on the Easy mode (I know...easy is for girls) as I'm just getting used to the controls. I'm more than half way through the game on career mode. Beating Slash and playing Jungle was awesome!

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
stan1ey
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2007, 11:17:44 AM »

There are hidden VR tracks and some other stuff according to a post on the pr evo forum but i'm not sure if they're DLC:

"I was going to look at the Xbox Live Leaderboards to see the scores on the new DLC (with the CD). To my surprise I found a bunch of songs not in the game along with the new ones. You?ll even be able to play the battle songs for scoring! If you can?t see the pic, the new songs are (I don?t know the artists on some of these):

All My Life (Foo Fighters)
The Pretender (Foo Fighters)
This is a call (I don?t know)
Slither (Velvet Revolver)
She Builds Quick Machines (Velvet Revolver)
Messages (I don?t Know)
Tom Morello Guitar Battle
Slash Guitar Battle
The Devil Went Down to Georgia"
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2007, 11:49:31 AM »

There are hidden VR tracks and some other stuff according to a post on the pr evo forum but i'm not sure if they're DLC:

"I was going to look at the Xbox Live Leaderboards to see the scores on the new DLC (with the CD). To my surprise I found a bunch of songs not in the game along with the new ones. You?ll even be able to play the battle songs for scoring! If you can?t see the pic, the new songs are (I don?t know the artists on some of these):

All My Life (Foo Fighters)
The Pretender (Foo Fighters)
This is a call (I don?t know)
Slither (Velvet Revolver)
She Builds Quick Machines (Velvet Revolver)
Messages (I don?t Know)

Tom Morello Guitar Battle
Slash Guitar Battle
The Devil Went Down to Georgia"

No one has yet unlocked the bolded content above....or if they have, they haven't spoken about it on the 'net.  None of the major GH sites have had any posts or articles about it, and they'd be the ones I'd expect to unlock it first (these are the guys who play through a difficulty not until they 5 star all the songs, but until they PERFECT all the songs).

My guess is it will be DLC.

I wish those 360 tracks were available for the PS3....I have the soundtrack, but the code on it does me no good. Sad

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2007, 11:51:38 AM »

Hyperspeed cheat? What's that? Can you tell I've never played this game before last Sunday, LOL  hihi

That said, I'm friggin' addicted to it now. I haven't been a 'gamer' since I was twelve or thirteen years old...now that I'm 30, this is the first video game that I've gotten really excited about and am loving it (same feeling I got when I first played tetris or marble madness...or completed Super Mario Bros. for the first time). LOL...I guess I'm really dating myself here, huh. Anyway, I'm playing on the Easy mode (I know...easy is for girls) as I'm just getting used to the controls. I'm more than half way through the game on career mode. Beating Slash and playing Jungle was awesome!

Cheats can be found here:

http://www.theguitarheroes.com/guitarhero3cheats.html

Together again,
AxlStar
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2007, 04:45:03 PM »

That would be MINT!!! Apparently Welcome to the Jungle?Huh I hope so, luved Sweet Child O Mine.  hihi
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2007, 05:02:27 PM »

(same feeling I got when I first played tetris or marble madness...or completed Super Mario Bros. for the first time). LOL...I guess I'm really dating myself here, huh.

No, not really ....

I haven't been a 'gamer' since I was twelve or thirteen years old...now that I'm 30,

Dating yourself starts there!

snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2007, 06:11:55 PM »

I played gt3 for about an hour and it burned in the plasma screen.....is happening on yours too?

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2007, 07:02:01 PM »

I played gt3 for about an hour and it burned in the plasma screen.....is happening on yours too?

Nope.  Not at all.  Hopefully, you gave your plasma the 100 or so hours that is recommended for "break-in" before playing...
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2007, 07:17:13 PM »

More then likely what you are experiencing is some image retention rather then burn in.

Run some standard - def content in fullscreen for an hour or so and it should pretty much go away.  ok

Also check your tv's setup menu to see if theres any "burn in" protection built into the set .. if so , turn it on and set it to it's highest setting. And if you havent run the tv for 100 hours yet you should set all your brightness/contrast/sharpness and color to much lower settings then the outta the box "torch" settings most TV come set at.

Hopefully this helps.

GNRFan333
Opening Act

« Reply #94 on: November 02, 2007, 08:01:07 PM »

He's always the singer for "Talk Dirty to Me" and the song (the name escapes me) for the Brett Michaels band.

There are rumors that one of the unlockable "cheats" is to have him be your singer for EVERY song...including the female singer songs...but I've yet to see anyone confirm that, or talk about how to do it.

plus i found out hes only on the PS3 and 360 versions....and considering i got the PS2 version, that would probably answer my question
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2007, 10:24:25 PM »

More then likely what you are experiencing is some image retention rather then burn in.

Run some standard - def content in fullscreen for an hour or so and it should pretty much go away.? ok

Also check your tv's setup menu to see if theres any "burn in" protection built into the set .. if so , turn it on and set it to it's highest setting. And if you havent run the tv for 100 hours yet you should set all your brightness/contrast/sharpness and color to much lower settings then the outta the box "torch" settings most TV come set at.

Hopefully this helps.

Saul!  wow, great advice!  I recently turned my TV settince to "cool"  my AV guy said "warm" is no good or something.  Oh well.

Geek Squad Starts Now!!!!!!
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2007, 02:06:09 PM »

(same feeling I got when I first played tetris or marble madness...or completed Super Mario Bros. for the first time). LOL...I guess I'm really dating myself here, huh.

No, not really ....

I haven't been a 'gamer' since I was twelve or thirteen years old...now that I'm 30,

Gee...thanks for rubbing it it!  Undecided

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2007, 08:39:54 PM »

Run some standard - def content in fullscreen for an hour or so and it should pretty much go away.  ok

Hopefully this helps.

Saul!  wow, great advice!  I recently turned my TV settince to "cool"  my AV guy said "warm" is no good or something.  Oh well.

Geek Squad Starts Now!!!!!!

Home theatre technology is one of my biggest passions to be honest. 1080P with 7.1 TrueHD FTW!  heh.

Seriously though , so many people are buying new TV sets and not bothering to take time to break them in and end up damaging the unit , it's sad. Plus most all of the display set's come from the factory with crazy "torch" settings that look good in the store but back home look like shit. Take a lil time to properly calibrate YOUR set in YOUR home under YOUR viewing conditions and that set will look 10x better.

Most newer DVD's have some calibration test patterns built in too.  ok

If you have any A/V questions feel free to send me a PM.  peace

Saul
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2007, 08:40:50 PM »

No, not really ....

Gee...thanks for rubbing it it!  Undecided

All in good fun my friend.  peace   

Cheers to 30 years!  beer

CSS
« Reply #99 on: November 08, 2007, 01:48:51 PM »

Guitar Hero III contains "Welcome to the Jungle".

The Velvet Revolver/Foo Fighters songs will be available as download(s).
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: