Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 09:41:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guitar Hero III feat. Welcome To The Jungle
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guitar Hero III feat. Welcome To The Jungle  (Read 54279 times)
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #160 on: July 19, 2008, 04:13:26 AM »

Slash is actually putting his name on a fashion designer video game now.

The man truly is a sellout.

http://kotaku.com/5023395/slash-goes-from-guitar-hero-to-fashion-hero

that just about sums up all what slash is about,

sellout and slash has more things in common then having the letter "s" at the start of both words.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #161 on: July 19, 2008, 07:13:11 AM »

U people drive me insane sometimes.

Dude is a grownman with an iron clad legacy. who gives a shit what he does, its his life and his business. U think Slash or anybody cares what some people on a message forum thinks of him?

I think u should really be very very careful of who u criticize cause what are u gonna do if that shit comes back around?

How is working on a project with a friend bad?
its certainly no worse than another GNR guitar player going back and forth between bands.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #162 on: July 19, 2008, 07:33:45 AM »

thats why I loved it when Gnr confirmed that they wont be appearing in any reality show,

and they are that determined that no half ass show like American Idol will have the right to be using gnr songs in their telecasts/performances

Gnr has integrity, and that goes along way these days

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #163 on: July 19, 2008, 09:55:52 AM »

Slash is actually putting his name on a fashion designer video game now.

The man truly is a sellout.
In my very humble opinnion calling anyone of Original GNR a sellout because of this stuff  is some sort of orgasm of stupidity. Not that it was incorrect, it's just a lot like calling Elton John a gay and hoping you manage to come off as insulting in the process. You know, Duh?
We're talking abut the largest stadion rock band of early 90's remember? They " sold out" loong before you heard the opening riff of WTTJ buddy
Heard Hooker with a penis by Tool? Give it a try!

"All you know about me is what I've sold you,
Dumb fuck.
I sold out long before you ever heard my name.
"

Have to be said, I don't envy people who have decided to convince themselves Slash is some sort of a slave whore from hell because he chose to appear in Guitar Hero but yet, Axl's actions with GTA:SA and Rock Band "aren't same at all!!!!"It really must take a fuckload of self betrayal Cheesy

Personally I cant understand why the fuck would anyone have a problem with either.It would make more sense if this were..uhh I dunno, Nirvana fan forum, or community of fans of some snobby artsy partsy indie pop act. But uh, this isnt?  This is stuff people who are/were in bands like GNR do you know?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 09:59:05 AM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #164 on: July 19, 2008, 11:24:06 AM »

Have to be said, I don't envy people who have decided to convince themselves Slash is some sort of a slave whore from hell because he chose to appear in Guitar Hero but yet, Axl's actions with GTA:SA and Rock Band "aren't same at all!!!!"It really must take a fuckload of self betrayal Cheesy

Not a whole lot seems to make sense to you.

So this comes as no surprise.

Cheesy

What might appear as black to you might actually be dark gray to another beholder.

/jarmo

« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 11:26:36 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #165 on: July 19, 2008, 11:28:03 AM »

I know one thing "people love to talk crap about Slash in HTGTH" someone told me this, i didnt believe it, every time i come aruond here I get the feeling I was wrong

Here Today..
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #166 on: July 19, 2008, 11:36:31 AM »

I know one thing "people love to talk crap about Slash in HTGTH" someone told me this, i didnt believe it, every time i come aruond here I get the feeling I was wrong

Somebody told me that too!

It seems like the Slash fans can't handle the fact that this site is for GN'R. Today.

It also doesn't mean that former members' accomplishments in GN'R are disrespected in any way. Something a lot of those "somebodies" often forget.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #167 on: July 19, 2008, 11:58:09 AM »

Somebody told me that too!

It seems like the Slash fans can't handle the fact that this site is for GN'R. Today.

It also doesn't mean that former members' accomplishments in GN'R are disrespected in any way. Something a lot of those "somebodies" often forget.

/jarmo

Have you notices jarmo that in almost every thread his name comes up and usualy in a negative light, and that you agree with it?
And isnt there a chanse that there are people out there who are both Fans of Slash and of todays GNR.. cause I am
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 12:01:13 PM by Farid Bak » Logged

Here Today..
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #168 on: July 19, 2008, 12:01:10 PM »

Have you notices jarmo that in almost every thread his name comes up and usualy in a negative light, and that you agree with it?

He played amazing guitar on the GN'R albums he was part of.

There.

Happy now?

You might want to ask these somebodies why they think it's ok to attack GN'R but not Slash.....

/jarmo

Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #169 on: July 19, 2008, 12:01:45 PM »

He played amazing guitar on the GN'R albums he was part of.

There.

Happy now?

/jarmo
ok are you?

Here Today..
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #170 on: July 19, 2008, 12:06:59 PM »

I'm not the miserable suffering GN'R fan.....

/jarmo

Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #171 on: July 19, 2008, 12:08:02 PM »

I'm not the miserable suffering GN'R fan.....

/jarmo
Why would you asume I am, Cant I have an opinion or diasgree with the way people speak about any former or Current GNR member?. Im not the kind of Fan that flips sides acording to the times.

Here Today..
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #172 on: July 19, 2008, 12:14:18 PM »

I didn't say you were.

You asked me if I was happy, I answered your question.

Im not the kind of Fan that flips sides acording to the times.

Neither am I.

I've supported GN'R since the day I became a fan.  Smiley

Do I have to mention that this is a GN'R site?

/jarmo

Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #173 on: July 19, 2008, 12:39:15 PM »

I didn't say you were.

You asked me if I was happy, I answered your question.

Im not the kind of Fan that flips sides acording to the times.

Neither am I.

I've supported GN'R since the day I became a fan.  Smiley

Do I have to mention that this is a GN'R site?

/jarmo
Then we have something in common. And you did hint at me being the suffering fan lets not pretend that didnt happen.
and as to your comment that this is a GNR Site, I dont think anyone has forgotten that in this conversation.

Here Today..
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #174 on: July 19, 2008, 01:02:26 PM »

And you did hint at me being the suffering fan lets not pretend that didnt happen.

No I didn't.

I would've said you were if I thought so.

I only spoke for myself and was answering your question about my level of happiness.

/jarmo

Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #175 on: July 19, 2008, 01:22:19 PM »

And you did hint at me being the suffering fan lets not pretend that didnt happen.

No I didn't.

I would've said you were if I thought so.

I only spoke for myself and was answering your question about my level of happiness.

/jarmo
hey  Cheesy I was just returning the courtesy since you asked about mine  beer

Here Today..
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #176 on: July 19, 2008, 01:34:04 PM »

Here he is, Slash the "SellOut".

http://heathsupdate.blogspot.com/

If being a sell out is helping people in need with out wanting recognition for good deeds and sacrificing time and effort to make someone's day, then I want to be a sell out.  Slash is one of few "Good Guys" of rock still out there.  This article shows he is much more than just a money hungry sell out brand.  He seems like a good person with a big heart.  I know some of you are obsessed with trashing Slash.  Fine.  I think Slash is the type of guy that if you needed something he would be there for you.  He is someone I would want as a friend.  I sense Axl is the same way.  Just because they don't get along with each other doesn't mean they aren't good people. 

Jarmo, THEY ARE USING THIS VIDEO GAME TO DEBUT A NEW SONG!  Original material makes them A FOCAL POINT OF THE GAME.  This is obvious.  In many ways they are just as big as a character because they are getting so much attention for a new single which creates bigger buzz possibly than a Slash character.  I know Slash is using a GNR song in GHIII.....  But didn't GNR use his Riff to make that song a MASSIVE FUCKING HIT? 

Its called "Guitar" Hero.  SLASH PLAYS GUITAR.  Its not LEAD SINGER HERO.  AXL APPROVED JUNGLE TO BE IN GHIII....... 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #177 on: July 19, 2008, 01:50:44 PM »

Oh man......

All I'm gonna bother telling you is that doing a nice thing for somebody who's sick doesn't automatically mean you can't be a sell out at the same time.

Just like telling the truth once doesn't mean you're an honest person.

Now, please go back to the VR section.  ok

/jarmo

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #178 on: July 19, 2008, 01:57:48 PM »

Oh man......

All I'm gonna bother telling you is that doing a nice thing for somebody who's sick doesn't automatically mean you can't be a sell out at the same time.

Now, please go back to the VR section.  ok

/jarmo

You act like Slash is Gene Simmons....  Just showing not everything Slash does is about money.  Its just fucking stupid to judge a 42 year old man on how he chooses to put food on the table and provide for his family.  Look at all the sports games.  There are so many athletes that are characters too.   The shelf life is only so long for these guys.  It would be stupid if they didn't seize opportunities when they have them.  One day they won't have the opportunities.  Jarmo, if you were offered $1,000,000 to be in a movie about GNR, would you do it?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #179 on: July 19, 2008, 02:14:59 PM »

You act like Slash is Gene Simmons.... 

No I don't. Please show me the proof.

Just showing not everything Slash does is about money.  Its just fucking stupid to judge a 42 year old man on how he chooses to put food on the table and provide for his family. 

Now you assume I'm an idiot.

I don't judge him. I've said it on several occasions that it's his life and his decisions.

What I don't understand is people like yourself defending him and acting like he is this super cool guitar player who's going against the whole industry because of his cool punk attitude.

He wants to pay the bills by appearing in a game, good for him.

Some musicians get regular jobs to pay their bills, some make music for commercials, some quit the music business all together. It's all about choices.

In my opinion, you can't just do stuff like a VW commercial and act like you're the 25 year old rebel against sponsorship etc. It makes no sense to me.

You appear in a video game, get the money and then start talking about how the games make kids into zombies. So now you have a conscience?

I don't get the part where his fans trying to validate his every move by saying GN'R is doing the same thing by putting a song in a game. When it's not even close.

By the way, being in one video game doesn't necessarily make you a "sell out". I don't even use that term because it's so clich?.

You just seem to have forgotten all the other stuff that's been done over the years.

At the end of the day, it's about integrity.

You're talking about Slash and how he's someone you'd want as a friend. Kinda interesting. I'm assuming you're just basing this on his public image and not actual time you spent with him?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 02:46:37 PM by jarmo » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: