Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 10:15:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here  (Read 145010 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #820 on: February 04, 2008, 01:46:58 AM »

Lady Karma paid the Patriots a visit.

It's awesome that they lost by three points.

Their three Super Bowl victories were all by a margin of three points.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #821 on: February 04, 2008, 01:53:51 AM »

Lady Karma paid the Patriots a visit.

It's awesome that they lost by three points.

Their three Super Bowl victories were all by a margin of three points.

Well you know what they say karma is a bitch  rofl
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #822 on: February 04, 2008, 02:01:30 AM »

Did anyone else think that going for 4th and 13 instead of trying a 49 yard field goal was among the dumbest coaching moves ever?  Assuming the guy missed it, what'd the lose...seven yards of field position?  Had he made it...well, that's overtime!  And that's a whole new ballgame.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #823 on: February 04, 2008, 02:04:32 AM »

Did anyone else think that going for 4th and 13 instead of trying a 49 yard field goal was among the dumbest coaching moves ever?  Assuming the guy missed it, what'd the lose...seven yards of field position?  Had he made it...well, that's overtime!  And that's a whole new ballgame.

You see, the Pats had been going for it on 4th down all year and converting!

I guess they overdrew from the luck bank and it bit them in the ass!

49 yards is well within Gostkowski's range.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #824 on: February 04, 2008, 02:06:25 AM »

Yeah i was pretty shocked they didn't try for the 3 points. They tested fate one too many times and got bit hard.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #825 on: February 04, 2008, 02:29:11 AM »

Maybe the Pats lost because Belicheat wasn't wearing his dirty gray hoodie?Huh
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #826 on: February 04, 2008, 03:15:16 AM »

Haha maybe. The whole team never seemed into it. They just seemed to be going through the motions.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #827 on: February 04, 2008, 04:54:27 AM »

NE will win the super bowl but it will be 27-21
Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?  Oh wait, that's right, you're spinning this into you called it cause you told the gamblers to take the points.  Roll Eyes

NY GIANTS!!!! headbanger

Do u have any clue about gambling?

Whoever won the Superbowl was irrelevant.

Take the GIants with 12pts and the under

That was my advice to all gamblers and guess what?

I was right.

So to say I was wrong is just obtuse and moronic. Cause if u took my advice u would've more than doubled your cash. ok

I ended the NFL season turning 50 dollars into 700.

So........ I know what I am doing. ok

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #828 on: February 04, 2008, 05:01:55 AM »

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?  Oh wait, that's right, you're spinning this into you called it cause you told the gamblers to take the points.  Roll Eyes

NY GIANTS!!!! headbanger

Do u have any clue about gambling?

Take the GIants with 12pts and the under

That was my advice to all gamblers and guess what?

I was right.

So to say I was wrong is just obtuse and moronic. Cause if u took my advice u would've more than doubled your cash. ok

I ended the NFL season turning 50 dollars into 700.

So........ I know what I am doing. ok

That is a nice little profit you made there.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #829 on: February 04, 2008, 05:13:58 AM »

700 is for the entire playoff etc.

Not just Superbowl.

Hell next NFL season, that may be my full time job!

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #830 on: February 04, 2008, 09:36:27 AM »

NY GIANTS!!!! headbanger

oy fuckin vey!!! lmao

Nobody here is as stupid as you think we are!!!  Everyone, ESPECIALLY THE GAMBLERS, knew you were riding the fence so you could spin your "prediction" either way.  If the Giants just covered, you'd say you were right.  If the Pats won, you'd say you called that too.  Roll Eyes

You ain't Carnac but you are a joke.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #831 on: February 04, 2008, 10:26:31 AM »

While I can see the 2nd guessing, NOW...I understand why he did it, then.

You put the punt in the endzone, miss the kick, or turn the ball over on downs and....the Giants were going to get the ball in basically the same place.  49 Yards is a tough field goal to make.  Inside, too....

I think he figured better to try to move the ball.  At least there was a CHANCE they'd either put the giants in worse field position or, at best, get a 1st.

Now, in hindsight, I agree.  Those 3 points, if they'd converted, would have been the difference.  But in the moment, I can see his justification.  Their offense hasn't exactly been conservative all year, so it seems he decided to do what got them to the dance in the first place.  It just didn't work out.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #832 on: February 04, 2008, 10:29:15 AM »

Maybe the Pats lost because Belicheat wasn't wearing his dirty gray hoodie?Huh

What pisses me off more is that he left the field before the game was over.

I know...he'd given his concession/congratulatory speech already.  Hugged Tommy C and all that.

But still.  It seems sort of bush league to run off the field before the final snap because losing is a forgone conclusion.

Together again,
Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #833 on: February 04, 2008, 10:37:40 AM »

I think he thought it was over and than figured wtf. Little shit like that doesn't bother me. I live and die by Bill. If the genius wants to walk off the field, let him. I guess you really can't win em all. Unless your a fucking dolphin.  Smiley crying

Its nice to see all the patriot haters come out. Its funny several years ago everybody was rooting for them to beat the rams, now its time for them to lose apparently. Its true what they say..nobody likes a winner. Its a shame they lost. Its a devastating loss. One they will surely never forget. However they will be back in the play-offs next year. They will have their shot at another superbowl. They won't be undefeated, but they will have their first round bye and maybe even home-field again. Hate em all you want, it would surprize no one if they were back in the superbowl next year. Its a loss like that, that puts a fire under your ass to get back. They will be back.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #834 on: February 04, 2008, 11:10:21 AM »

I think he thought it was over and than figured wtf. Little shit like that doesn't bother me. I live and die by Bill. If the genius wants to walk off the field, let him. I guess you really can't win em all. Unless your a fucking dolphin.  Smiley crying

If someone had done the same thing to your team...how would you have felt?

Bush league is bush league...and that was bush league.

And the "genius", FYI, got out coached. Spags and Coughlin "out-New England" the Patriots.

And after the game the "genius",  during the interviews, looked dazed, confused, and completely psyched out.

Its nice to see all the patriot haters come out. Its funny several years ago everybody was rooting for them to beat the rams, now its time for them to lose apparently. Its true what they say..nobody likes a winner. Its a shame they lost. Its a devastating loss. One they will surely never forget. However they will be back in the play-offs next year. They will have their shot at another superbowl. They won't be undefeated, but they will have their first round bye and maybe even home-field again. Hate em all you want, it would surprize no one if they were back in the superbowl next year. Its a loss like that, that puts a fire under your ass to get back. They will be back.  smoking

I'm less a pats "hater" and more a life long giants fan.  Hell, I have my vintage Phil Simms jersey that's probably older than some of the posters on HTGTH. Smiley  I got to break it out for the game yesterday....today, I guess I'll go looking for a Manning jersey to add to the "collection".

As for the Pats being back...we'll see.  Probably, but we'll see what they lose in the off season.  Junior, almost certainly, will be gone.  There's a good chance they'll lose some other pieces too.  But, whatever they are next year, I doubt they will EVER be able to duplicate this season.  They will almost certainly NEVER play the Superbowl to complete an undefeated season.  And, because of that, they've likely lost their chance at being considered "the best team ever".  That's a pretty heady loss.

Together again,
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #835 on: February 04, 2008, 12:14:03 PM »

As for the Pats being back...we'll see.  Probably, but we'll see what they lose in the off season.  Junior, almost certainly, will be gone.  There's a good chance they'll lose some other pieces too.  But, whatever they are next year, I doubt they will EVER be able to duplicate this season.  They will almost certainly NEVER play the Superbowl to complete an undefeated season.  And, because of that, they've likely lost their chance at being considered "the best team ever".  That's a pretty heady loss.

I agree, the Pats lost so much more than a Super Bowl last night.  They were playing for immortality.  Unfortunately for them, they failed, and will never have the opportunity again.

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #836 on: February 04, 2008, 12:27:13 PM »

I have to congratulate the NY Giants... As unhappy personally as I was with the outcome, It couldn't have been a better game.
I was hoping that this wouldn't turn into a SF-Cin type of a game, and it didn't.

That defense just overwhelmed the Pat's O Line all game...

I'm happy that Eli got out of Payton's Shadow a little, I'm happy that Coughlin was able to lead this team to a victory after shedding the locker room Cancer that is Tiki Barber.

There's always next year... (We get to use that alot in Boston)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #837 on: February 04, 2008, 01:11:39 PM »

Gypsy, Stick to the birthdays and leave football to those who know.

When Gambling, The winner of the game doesn't matter. All that matters is if u hit.

I told everyone to take the Giants with the points and take the UNDER. U probably have no fuckin clue as to what the under means.

Bottom line,  I got em both right PLUS I got the AFC Championship and NFC Championship right *as far as gambling*

GIve me 700 dollars off of 50 and I could give a shit who wins.

I thought NE would win the game but I knew NYG would cover and the game would be Under 53.5.

U seem here lately to be tryin to be the Female SLC, but u don't have his wit or humor to pull it off so u basically come off like a dick and very unentertaining.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #838 on: February 04, 2008, 01:17:20 PM »

700 is for the entire playoff etc.

Not just Superbowl.

Hell next NFL season, that may be my full time job!

Yikes.  While the turnover on your $50 is nice....I'm thinking that $700 for the ENTIRE football season might not be enough to support your lifestyle.

Wait...all things considered...maybe it is.  What's a case of colt .45 and some newspapers cost nowadays?   hihi Tongue beer

Together again,
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #839 on: February 04, 2008, 01:20:22 PM »

i should have bet that money line. had i done better throughout the playoffs i would have done it.

i did win $500 on a block pool. my father-in-law actually bought a couple blocks for us and our kids. this is the second time he's done that and we've won. i know he's gotta be pissed he keeps picking winning blocks but gives them away to us.  hihi

kind of a boring game early on, but awesome overall. that catch by tyree is one of the greatest ever.

Boring? Boring?

Am I the ONLY fan of classic, defensive, smash mouth football?

For me, that was the best Superbowl in history.  Low scoring, close game with GREAT defense by the G-men.  Hell, I had to look around to make sure Phil Simms wasn't playing QB and Leonard Marshall and LT weren't ruling the roost.

Smiley

Together again,
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: