Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 09:11:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 46 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2007 Season - Discuss it all here  (Read 144191 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #120 on: September 15, 2007, 08:58:26 PM »

The Patsy's have always had a snobby attitude IMO.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #121 on: September 15, 2007, 11:31:50 PM »

? ? I recently read somewhere that Parcells is still miffed at Belicheck too.? He also talked to unsigned linemen and other players to go to the Jets and or report to camp and learn what their supposed to under Coach Mangini.? Belicheck has no reason to be mad at Mangini for leaving his team for a better position as a head coach.? Belicheck ran out on the Jets to the Pats for money and that the Pats were closer to a title and he also knew that the Jets were going to lose some players to the Pats because Kraft had the cash and was under the cap to make it happen.? The reason Belichek gave for the tape; misunderstanding the true meaning of the no taping rule, makes him a cheat and a liar.? He should have left that part out and just took it on the chin.? I think that pissed the league off as well.?
? ? The Pats are a very talented team and they don't need to cheat to get a win.? It was his intent to use the tapes as an embarassment factor to run up scores or to show another coach up and ended up blowing up in his face.? I give credit to Mangini for sticking it up his old bosses ass for trying to do it in his house.? On top of that he could have waited longer into the game to have the tape taken and possibly giving the league even more ammo for bigger fines?
    Who knows maybe many teams do it but if your accused of it and then blatantly do it again to a former coaches team, then that makes you arrogant and foolish.?

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #122 on: September 15, 2007, 11:51:10 PM »

I recently read somewhere that Parcells is still miffed at Belicheck too.  He also talked to unsigned linemen and other players to go to the Jets and or report to camp and learn what their supposed to under Coach Mangini.  Belicheck has no reason to be mad at Mangini for leaving his team for a better position as a head coach.  Belicheck ran out on the Jets to the Pats for money and that the Pats were closer to a title and he also knew that the Jets were going to lose some players to the Pats because Kraft had the cash and was under the cap to make it happen.  The reason Belichek gave for the tape; misunderstanding the true meaning of the no taping rule, makes him a cheat and a liar.  He should have left that part out and just took it on the chin.  I think that pissed the league off as well. 
    The Pats are a very talented team and they don't need to cheat to get a win.  It was his intent to use the tapes as an embarassment factor to run up scores or to show another coach up and ended up blowing up in his face.  I give credit to Mangini for sticking it up his old bosses ass for trying to do it in his house.  On top of that he could have waited longer into the game to have the tape taken and possibly giving the league even more ammo for bigger fines?
    Who knows maybe many teams do it but if your accused of it and then blatantly do it again to a former coaches team, then that makes you arrogant and foolish. 

Well the bigger fine wouldn't have been possible against bellichek at least. He got the max.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2007, 12:47:42 AM »

I recently read somewhere that Parcells is still miffed at Belicheck too.  He also talked to unsigned linemen and other players to go to the Jets and or report to camp and learn what their supposed to under Coach Mangini.  Belicheck has no reason to be mad at Mangini for leaving his team for a better position as a head coach.  Belicheck ran out on the Jets to the Pats for money and that the Pats were closer to a title and he also knew that the Jets were going to lose some players to the Pats because Kraft had the cash and was under the cap to make it happen.  The reason Belichek gave for the tape; misunderstanding the true meaning of the no taping rule, makes him a cheat and a liar.  He should have left that part out and just took it on the chin.  I think that pissed the league off as well. 
    The Pats are a very talented team and they don't need to cheat to get a win.  It was his intent to use the tapes as an embarassment factor to run up scores or to show another coach up and ended up blowing up in his face.  I give credit to Mangini for sticking it up his old bosses ass for trying to do it in his house.  On top of that he could have waited longer into the game to have the tape taken and possibly giving the league even more ammo for bigger fines?
    Who knows maybe many teams do it but if your accused of it and then blatantly do it again to a former coaches team, then that makes you arrogant and foolish. 

Well the bigger fine wouldn't have been possible against bellichek at least. He got the max.

True, but he makes 4.2 million, this season.  $500,000, right?  That's about two games salary for him, and I daresay a two game suspension with no fine would have sent a stronger message.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2007, 02:29:08 AM »

True, but he makes 4.2 million, this season.  $500,000, right?  That's about two games salary for him, and I daresay a two game suspension with no fine would have sent a stronger message.

I agree. I think he should've been suspended as well as the fine or just like you said suspended without pay.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2007, 08:54:17 AM »

losing a first round draft choice is MAJOR. that is a huge, huge fine.

and the fact that they will still have another first round pick is meaningless....they gave up something of value in the past to get that pick (something of near equal worth). 

suspending him wouldn't have done much. he still would have been involved in the gameplan.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #126 on: September 16, 2007, 10:36:43 AM »

and the fact that they will still have another first round pick is meaningless....they gave up something of value in the past to get that pick (something of near equal worth). 

suspending him wouldn't have done much. he still would have been involved in the gameplan.

I agree with their draft choice losses being major, but that mainly punishes the organization, rather than Belicheat.  But I disagree about the suspension...if he's the "genius" (rofl) that some claim then it's a serious punishment.  Or, if they win anyway, perhaps it's evidence that, in fact, he's not a "genius," and just happened to be a good coach who has had some really good teams playing for him.  So, you see, I like a suspension, because it either hurts the team this season (by tacking on some losses) or proves he's about as much a "genius" as a monkey flinging its own poop (which, by the way, said poo flinging monkey probably could have won at least ONE Superbowl with those teams). 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #127 on: September 16, 2007, 11:27:12 AM »

Well for all enjoy the games today and good luck with the picks and your favorite teams.  I have 2 games to coach starting at 11:30 till ? so I'll miss most of the games today.  What are you gonna do though....Later...J.Mack

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #128 on: September 16, 2007, 12:23:03 PM »

and the fact that they will still have another first round pick is meaningless....they gave up something of value in the past to get that pick (something of near equal worth).?

I agree with their draft choice losses being major, but that mainly punishes the organization, rather than Belicheat.? But I disagree about the suspension...if he's the "genius" (rofl) that some claim then it's a serious punishment.? Or, if they win anyway, perhaps it's evidence that, in fact, he's not a "genius," and just happened to be a good coach who has had some really good teams playing for him.? So, you see, I like a suspension, because it either hurts the team this season (by tacking on some losses) or proves he's about as much a "genius" as a monkey flinging its own poop (which, by the way, said poo flinging monkey probably could have won at least ONE Superbowl with those teams).?

I'm a huge Pats fan, and I don't think they win a single championship without Bill. This is the first year that I really think they have the most talented team in the league. Before they just had the best game plan and made the best in game adjustments.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #129 on: September 16, 2007, 05:15:14 PM »

who would have thought the packers would be 2-0, and the saints 0-2?

the giants are terrible.

alot of people lost their survivor pools today...carolina, saints, bengals. if only the titans could have beat the colts.

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #130 on: September 16, 2007, 06:08:59 PM »

It's been so much fun watching Brett Favre all these years.

This is the second week in a row that they have held an NFC East team to 13 points.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #131 on: September 16, 2007, 08:01:47 PM »

Is it just me, or is anybody else wondering why the Cowboys continue to play Julius Jones?  Marion Barber is by far the superior back.  Jones makes horrible decisions, and Barber is so much tougher to tackle.  I just don't get it.  confused

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #132 on: September 16, 2007, 09:23:37 PM »

If Pats don't comply with Goodell's order, more sanctions likely coming
By Chris Mortensen
ESPN.com

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has ordered the New England Patriots to turn over all videotape, files and notes relating to all their activity that resulted in the disciplinary action of coach Bill Belichick and the franchise, according to sources familiar with the details of Goodell's private communication with the team.

If the Patriots are not compliant, the commissioner is prepared to impose even greater sanctions, the sources said.

Goodell alluded to the league's position when he made his decision public to discipline the Patriots when he stated that the NFL would "review" and "monitor" the team's videotaping procedures, effective immediately. Privately, the commissioner was more specific in his demands and expectations with Patriots owner Robert Kraft when the two men spoke Thursday, sources said.

The action is being taken because Belichick all but conceded to the commissioner that his interpretation of the rules allowed him to use videotape of opposing team hand signals for future games but not on game day, sources said. The commissioner rejected that interpretation and was aware that there had been other incidents involving the Patriots in recent years.

If Goodell discovers that Belichick and the team has copied the files without disclosure to the NFL, the consequences will be significant, sources said.

Chris Mortensen covers the NFL for ESPN.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3022773

Wow they better comply fully or they are in serious trouble.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 09:25:54 PM by Timothy25 » Logged
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #133 on: September 17, 2007, 12:22:23 AM »

Wow...what a shitty game THAT one was (Bolts-Pats).  SD has been much less than impressive, thus far, than I expected them to be.  They eeked out a win over a JV team, and got destroyed tonight.  I didn't really expect them to go to Fuxboro and win, but I thought they'd make it a game.  They had no offensive flow, Rivers was literally tossing it right to Pats defenders...just horrible.  I'm demoting them from the AFC's first tier.  They might be the AFC's New Orleans (big flop, after a great year), the way they've played.  I had the 11/11 Colts @ SD game marked as a tough one, but if they keep playing like that, with NO defense and, let's be honest, a mediocre offense, then it'll be a breeze. 

I'm starting to think that the Cowboys might be the other first tier team out there, though it's tough to say because their defense hasn't looked too strong and they've played two winless teams.  But their O is clicking.  Then again, Houston's 2-0, as is GB, so what the hell do I know?

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #134 on: September 17, 2007, 05:01:59 PM »

Wow...what a shitty game THAT one was (Bolts-Pats).? SD has been much less than impressive, thus far, than I expected them to be.? They eeked out a win over a JV team, and got destroyed tonight.? I didn't really expect them to go to Fuxboro and win, but I thought they'd make it a game.? They had no offensive flow, Rivers was literally tossing it right to Pats defenders...just horrible.? I'm demoting them from the AFC's first tier.? They might be the AFC's New Orleans (big flop, after a great year), the way they've played.? I had the 11/11 Colts @ SD game marked as a tough one, but if they keep playing like that, with NO defense and, let's be honest, a mediocre offense, then it'll be a breeze.?

I'm starting to think that the Cowboys might be the other first tier team out there, though it's tough to say because their defense hasn't looked too strong and they've played two winless teams.? But their O is clicking.? Then again, Houston's 2-0, as is GB, so what the hell do I know?

Shitty if you aren't a Pat's fan (or are a fan of one of the opposition in their next 14 games)... Looks like the Super Bowl is going to run thru "Fuxboro" (which is appropriate if you actually know the town).

I think the funniest thing about this whole situation is that for the last three Superbowls this team was driven by bulletin board material... They were always (in their minds) disrespected. Going into this year they were the favorite based on their off season moves. So their stongest driving force was null and void. Now with all of the national media attention, and the players that have come forward with stupid comments like they stole rings and AFC Championships... They are right back to be where they needed to be... Disrespected.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #135 on: September 17, 2007, 05:20:11 PM »

Wow...what a shitty game THAT one was (Bolts-Pats).  SD has been much less than impressive, thus far, than I expected them to be.  They eeked out a win over a JV team, and got destroyed tonight.  I didn't really expect them to go to Fuxboro and win, but I thought they'd make it a game.  They had no offensive flow, Rivers was literally tossing it right to Pats defenders...just horrible.  I'm demoting them from the AFC's first tier.  They might be the AFC's New Orleans (big flop, after a great year), the way they've played.  I had the 11/11 Colts @ SD game marked as a tough one, but if they keep playing like that, with NO defense and, let's be honest, a mediocre offense, then it'll be a breeze. 

I'm starting to think that the Cowboys might be the other first tier team out there, though it's tough to say because their defense hasn't looked too strong and they've played two winless teams.  But their O is clicking.  Then again, Houston's 2-0, as is GB, so what the hell do I know?

Shitty if you aren't a Pat's fan (or are a fan of one of the opposition in their next 14 games)... Looks like the Super Bowl is going to run thru "Fuxboro" (which is appropriate if you actually know the town).

I think the funniest thing about this whole situation is that for the last three Superbowls this team was driven by bulletin board material... They were always (in their minds) disrespected. Going into this year they were the favorite based on their off season moves. So their stongest driving force was null and void. Now with all of the national media attention, and the players that have come forward with stupid comments like they stole rings and AFC Championships... They are right back to be where they needed to be... Disrespected.

If the Pats have to manufacture "disrespect" then they're pathetic.  There's no "disrespect" in being caught cheating and punished for it.   And there isn't a team that'll play them this season that won't plan the hell out of that game, because they're talented as hell and have rings.  No...they get plenty of respect, despite being cheaters.

Regarding the game, I simply meant that it was a bad one to watch from an entertainment standpoint.  No real suspense or decent competition.   

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #136 on: September 17, 2007, 06:28:00 PM »

freedom78...don't be so quick to throw the Chargers out.  They have had to face 2 of the toughest (if not the top 2) defenses in all of football in the first 2 weeks.  Yeah, Rivers looked rattled and nervous last night, but he won't face a defense like that again until week 12? I think against the Ravens.  LT will be back to averaging 5 yards per carry and all will be well for the West champion Chargers.  They'll probably be 8-2 going into that game. 

The Colts just won by 2 over the Titans.  Every team is beatable any given Sunday.

If I'm not mistaken, the Bolts all-pro def. tackle was hurt.  Even Madden noticed it.

People are forgetting about the Steelers.  Yes, I know, they're playing chumps the first 4 games, but eventually they'll be tested by the Ravens defense twice.  With 2 apiece against the Bungals and the Browns, the Steelers will be working hard for home field advantage at Heinz Field.  Wink

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #137 on: September 17, 2007, 07:45:24 PM »

The Pats play the disrespect card even though they've been one of the most respected franchises since the turn of the century.? They'll take the smallest comment or headline and blow it up to motivate themselves.? You can call it silly or sad, but it's worked pretty well for them on their way to 3 Super Bowl victories.? Everyone CHEATS in sports, they just got caught.? Don't be naive and think every other NFL team is abiding by the rules.? The Patriots were caught, they've been given their punsihment.? As Bill would say, "let's move on".? I was at the game last night and the place was electric in showing their support to one of the greatest coaches in NFL history.? Gillette is not exactly known for getting loud, more of a whine and cheese crowd (kind of spoiled with all the winning), but the place was rocking last night.? And Belichick was uncharacteristically moved by the reception the crowd gave him and the team.? The players, especially Bruschi, were determined to "circle the wagons" in support of their coach.? The other teams and fans of the NFL can continue to undermine what the Pats have accomplished and hate everything about them, but the Patriots and their fans are a tight knit family.? It's us against the world, and all I can say is, the world better be ready for us!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 07:47:23 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #138 on: September 18, 2007, 12:06:51 PM »

horrible display on offense by the Eagles during the first two games. everyone thought the D was the question mark coming into the season. but the D has been phenominal.

McNabb looks like shit. and tonight he's gonna be on national TV crying the bullshit race card.

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #139 on: September 18, 2007, 12:09:06 PM »

horrible display on offense by the Eagles during the first two games. everyone thought the D was the question mark coming into the season. but the D has been phenominal.

McNabb looks like shit. and tonight he's gonna be on national TV crying the bullshit race card.

Yeah...they looked pretty bad.  But how do you play the race card?  Since when does being black make you BAD at sports?  hihi

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 46 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: