Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 09:33:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy listing at BestBuy.com and other online stores
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy listing at BestBuy.com and other online stores  (Read 82203 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: March 06, 2007, 08:24:46 AM »

October 22nd edit:

Pre-order @ http://www.bestbuy.com/chinesedemocracy

October 15th edit:

BestBuy.com now has the album listed on their web site.

Best Buy is believed to be the exclusive retailer of Chinese Democracy in the USA and this is the first time they have listed the title on their site.

It seems like every other week we get somebody posting a new release date they found on an online record store's web site.

Whatever HMV, Play.com, or anybody else selling cds claims, it's not true.

The truth is, there is no release date at this moment.

When there is one, you will know about it.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 03:06:55 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 08:27:09 AM »

thanks! ok
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 08:28:28 AM »

I'm aware that I'm stating the obvious, but every other week I see a new thread saying "So and so says CD is coming on XXXXXXX".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 08:31:07 AM »

yeah... maybe an idea would be to delete those threads who hold no merit?
it would avoid confusing and misleading alot of fans...
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 09:06:24 AM »

I just wonder why they say those dates. I don't understand those sites at all...

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
BBF Rocks
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 09:07:51 AM »

I just wonder why they say those dates. I don't understand those sites at all...

me neither.
although the word "attention" springs to mind...
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 09:14:21 AM »

me neither.
exactly. or maybe they just want to sell and select a random date, so if the album is released until that date they'll deliver the album. If not, they set up a new date. Or they really want only attention...

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 05:28:10 PM »

they do that so that some idiot will pre-order it and give them money and in return CHINESE DEMOCRACY when ever it comes out which might not be for a while.

but i, personally, think that all the different sites that Jarmo stated up there have a office pool to see who is closest  Tongue Lips Sealed

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 05:51:28 PM »

me neither.

The words "someone told the monkey-boy who runs their site to do it" come to mind.

I don't think CD store websites are putting dates for CD out, snickering "hehehe...we'll fool them all".

It's more likely simply a matter of them using a date so people have some kind of info. I don't think they do it to get attetnion.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
Regibold
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 02:55:11 AM »

Unfortuantely I was one who posted one of those threads, but only once. Sorry.
JM24
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2007, 09:17:03 AM »

Unfortuantely I was one who posted one of those threads, but only once. Sorry.

Sorry? Why?

This "you can't post something if it's not official or verified by youknowwho" BS is getting quite amusing. If big labels are putting out these false dates, SO WHAT!? Ofcourse we can write ans speculate about them as MUCH as we want. Sometimes it's even FUN! Eh?

And I just love the ending: "When there is one, you will know about it."  Sure, I am also pretty sure the major labels will know about it just as soon as youknowho.

Pathetic.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2007, 09:22:18 AM »

Let me get this straight.

You want to post bullshit release dates and get people's hopes up because it's your right, but if I try to put an end to it it's pathetic?

/jarmo

JM24
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2007, 10:25:18 AM »

No.

People actually post what they themselves think might be the release date as well, what radio stations might be saying around the world, what different magazines might be saying, etc etc. Should all that be denied as well? What I am saying is that even though nothing is official - it doesn't mean every little speculation (what you call bullshit dates, and yeah, rightfully so) needs to be always censored. I for one am happy to see record label sites gearing up and waiting for the album as well. Even with bullshit dates. But fine, your board, you do how you please. Nothing personal. I'll just go and get my daily GN'R rumor fix somewhere else - in addition to HTGTH.  Wink
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2007, 11:04:57 AM »

You don't know the meaning of censorship, if you think me letting people know that HMV doesn't know anything about the album's release is actually censorship.

But it's true, you're free to read whatever fairy tales you want on other sites.

/jarmo

billybailey420
Banned
Opening Act

cornrows are for puzzies.

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2007, 12:52:41 PM »

there will actually be democracy in china before that album is released...
iloozion
Rocker

...we had the strength to choose...

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2007, 09:59:47 AM »

So can we not post any release dates apart from those that come directly from GN'R? On that same basis can we not post anything remotely speculative about the band that has not come from the band?! Telling people that HMV, Play, etc might be wrong with their "release dates" is good, but I don't think people should be stopped from posting them. It is still GN'R related. I'm as pissed off as everyone else that the likes of HMV have different release dates every week instead of waiting for info from GN'R management, but one day the information is gunna be correct and there's gunna be loads of advertising /offers etc for the album, and if that info happens to be on the HMV website then I think everyone might want to know about it.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2007, 11:29:05 AM »

I'm just making sure people understand that these release dates are not based on facts.

/jarmo

Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2007, 01:16:04 PM »

I'm just making sure people understand that these release dates are not based on facts.

/jarmo

But it's not impossible for the release date to come from another source before it comes from here.   

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2007, 01:27:36 PM »

But it's not impossible for the release date to come from another source before it comes from here.   

It's not impossible but why do you think it'll happen?

They put up March 6th after Axl's letter was published.

/jarmo

Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2007, 01:38:42 PM »

I don't think it'll happen, to be honest.

But I refuse to rule out every date published on the 'net just because it hasn't been published here or on GNR's website.? ?That was my point.?

It's highly unlikely that we'll be first in line to know the release date before the industry insiders.? And if the industry insiders know, it'll probably leak.? ?Just like IRS, Better, TWAT, CITR etc.?

So it might not come from Amazon.com.  But who knows - maybe it'll be a piece of corroborating evidence. 

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: