Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 04:42:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  tour. album
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: tour. album  (Read 30405 times)
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2007, 12:08:54 PM »

Now, good bands however, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, etc. barely ever took longer than a few years, certainly not 14 or 15 or whatever the hell it is we are nearing now, lost count a while ago..

prolly '98 at the earliest....so 8-9 years they've been working on it. but who knows what pitfalls theyve encountered along the way...we know Robin quit and came back...we know Freese quit...we know BH quit....hell they may have started over from scratch a couple times...we dont know.... Undecided

That's valiant of you, trying to apply logic to this situation hihi

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2007, 12:09:54 PM »

Its been over 2 months since the last update on Chinese Democracy. ?I can understand how this album would take longer than normal to mix given its complexity, but what I don't understand is how Axl could have estimated that it would be possible to release by March 6. ?Anyway, I can only assume that the album is still being mixed at this point or is not being worked on at all, either of which case would result in no new updates. ?I'd expect a new update once a final release date has been confirmed which would likely be within a couple weeks of when the final mix is given to the record company.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2007, 12:10:34 PM »

They haven't toured since December. I assume they've been working on something other than the live show since then.....

Unfortunately there's been some delays (as mentioned on gunsnroses.com) that prevented the album from being out already.

We all want to hear the album, but at the same time I can understand not just "rushing" it out there. When you've spent a lot of time and energy on getting something right, you just don't want to take a short cut at the end when the finishing line is in sight.

I feel confident that when everything is in place and right, the album will be out.

/jarmo

this kind of reply is getting sooo tired!

ok Jarmo, what evidence do you have that the will get the album out by June?

here is some evidence that it may not be, all be it circumstancial.....

1. 14 to 15 years without an album with new material.

2. the lack of stability in the band since that time (but i'll admit the last year has been good, but who knows what can happen!)

3. the false starts, 2000, 2002. these tours were supposed to be in support of the album, but broke down and nothing happened

4. Lack of communication with fans. it takes an age to get official news on the official site, instead we learn it from other band members pages and third party websites.

5. No news on the album since the tentative date was made impossible.

....i really cant be bothered typing any more reasons.....

my question to you is, what do you have to be positive about concerning the release of the album?

that means you cant say things like "but the band are touring", and "when its ready"

im not trying to pick a fight or anything, its just i dont get all the mystery in your replies most of the time.

you're right that the album may drop in June, but past incidents and tjhe bands track record kinda hints that it wont

cheers

Davie

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2007, 12:29:36 PM »

1. 14 to 15 years without an album with new material.

but 2 years of that were touring UYI's, 1 year was during the breakup and then a new band had to be assembled..which basically took until 1998 or 99 (4-5 years)

2. the lack of stability in the band since that time (but i'll admit the last year has been good, but who knows what can happen!)

we have no idea what the stability of this band is peace

answers to 3-5...well jsut cuz they arent talking doesnt mean they arent doing anything...but it also doesnt mean they are doing something....we have no idea hihi (Man i feel like i've said this alot today rofl )

That's valiant of you, trying to apply logic to this situation hihi

I'm trying not to speculate too much hihi

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2007, 12:31:40 PM »

Quote from: Danny on Today at 11:52:31 AM
However, this line was funny:

but at the same time I can understand not just "rushing" it out there.

Yeah it's so "funny".

It's like if you spent the whole day preparing a nice meal for your family and friends, but in order to save time you take the thing out of the oven too early so the end result tastes like shit.

/jarmo

Oh come on, dude. ?You gotta lighten up a little bit. ?I just think that the idea that they don't want to "rush" this album's release is a bit ironic and funny.

And now for this guy:

here is some evidence that it may not be, all be it circumstancial.....

And that's the thing, isn't it. ?All the "evidence" that the album won't be out soon is ALL circumstantial. ?It's all guesses. ?There's no real, solid evidence that the album won't be out soon. ?Nothing.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2007, 12:41:34 PM »

all the recording was done and the band was mixing in feb.
Before, between or after those tours it will come out.

But I'd rather see the god damn album BEFORE they tour the whole world.  Especially when none of the shows are in my area, except for the Everrett one that I attended.

You might have seen them already but there're fans that haven't seen the band as the shows were not in their areas last year or for 14 years and an unprecedented demand from them.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2007, 12:46:46 PM »

Oh come on, dude.  You gotta lighten up a little bit.  I just think that the idea that they don't want to "rush" this album's release is a bit ironic and funny.

That's why I used quotes. I knew a funny guy like you would pick up on that.

I didn't say it would be.  Roll Eyes

Fuck the past.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2007, 12:49:02 PM »

I don't know about you but I think Axl should be spending more of his time and effort getting the ALBUM out then getting ready and booking for shows to go on tour. rant

What exactly do you think he should be  doing? The album  is being mixed. What else  would you like him to be doing?
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2007, 12:49:41 PM »

Quote from: Danny on Today at 12:31:40 PM
Oh come on, dude.  You gotta lighten up a little bit.  I just think that the idea that they don't want to "rush" this album's release is a bit ironic and funny.

That's why I used quotes. I knew a funny guy like you would pick up on that.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!  I just got Jarmo'd.

A tip of the hat to ya.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2007, 12:50:34 PM »

I for one take the tour as a great positive that the album is about to come out.

If they finish this tour however and we don't get an album, Im gonna get concerned.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
suicide
VIP

« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2007, 12:54:11 PM »

You're assuming that it's not done or it can't be done before June?

Why?

/jarmo
Interesting... so you think the album IS done Jarmo? Best (GN'R related) news I've heard in a long time!!! Do you assume it's done or did you get the info from the GN'R camp? Either way, great news!!!
nightrain2007
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2007, 01:08:21 PM »

I feel confident that when everything is in place and right, the album will be out.

/jarmo

Absolutely.

prolly '98 at the earliest....so 8-9 years they've been working on it.

No. I remember the record being set for release in late 1999.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2007, 01:13:45 PM »

No. I remember the record being set for release in late 1999.

i think you better re-read that article hihi

Quote from: an interview with kurt loder, nov '99
Loder: When do you think we will actually see this album? Is it possible to say early next year?

Rose: We're hoping. Yes, definitely, everything seems to be going well. Robin's departure was abrupt, sudden, you know, not expected...

that was the industrial "2000 intentions" phase i think...before that axl hadn't taked since 93...besides its hardly a definate answer. "We're hoping" Undecided

nightrain2007
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2007, 01:15:45 PM »

Are you fucking stupid?
Not everyone started liking the band in 2002. I clearly remember Goldstein saying they wanted it out by the end of the year. And that was in 1999.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2007, 01:18:47 PM »

You're assuming that it's not done or it can't be done before June?

Why?

/jarmo
Interesting... so you think the album IS done Jarmo? Best (GN'R related) news I've heard in a long time!!! Do you assume it's done or did you get the info from the GN'R camp? Either way, great news!!!

I didn't get any news.

I just refuse to assume the worst all the time.

I'm confident that they want it done and released as soon as possible. It's just common sense.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2007, 01:19:15 PM »

They haven't toured since December. I assume they've been working on something other than the live show since then.....

Unfortunately there's been some delays (as mentioned on gunsnroses.com) that prevented the album from being out already.

We all want to hear the album, but at the same time I can understand not just "rushing" it out there. When you've spent a lot of time and energy on getting something right, you just don't want to take a short cut at the end when the finishing line is in sight.

/jarmo

I don't think you have to worry about that... ?
rofl

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
neon2002
Rocker

What the hell is a hab?

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2007, 01:20:46 PM »

why would i not buy concert tickets? ?I love and support the band, I just wish they'd get the damn album out, or at least give us an announcement about that before booking MORE shows, the first leg, yeah that was cool that they were doing shows and were out there again, and it still is cool that they r doing more shows and out there again...I just think it is about time they put that album out and gave us some new info about it rather then just booking more shows...Beginning to think Axl's just trying to get money from the shows to pay back the record company lol.

Maybe because this is how Axl gets money to continue tinkering on the album. The record label cut him off so he needs $... how does he get those $... Chinese Democracy Tour - Part 3!
 Roll Eyes

"This Melody Inside Of Me Still Searches For Solution"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2007, 01:20:51 PM »

/jarmo

I don't think you have to worry about that... 
rofl

What I said to Danny... The same goes for you.....  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2007, 01:24:07 PM »

Are you fucking stupid?
Not everyone started liking the band in 2002. I clearly remember Goldstein saying they wanted it out by the end of the year. And that was in 1999.

well i think at least one of us is stupid hihi

where did i say that you started liking the band in 2002? Undecided gimme a quote from Mr. Doug, then, from when he said that Kiss

nightrain2007
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2007, 01:25:30 PM »

I was talking about you. And go find it yourself, I have a good memory, I don't base my knowledge on digging up articles from 8 years ago and pretending I remember it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: