Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 07:29:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228089 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  r ob i n update / statement
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: r ob i n update / statement  (Read 48787 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #220 on: April 24, 2007, 08:39:45 PM »

am i the only one who thinks this is a nothing statement?

3 paragraphs of saying "better luck next time"

GnR bitches that we speculate then the lead guitarist issues a criptic statement like this...wtf Roll Eyes

Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #221 on: April 24, 2007, 08:42:54 PM »

haaaaaaaaaaaaaateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer

just shut up. robin did this for his fans, on his own site.

he can write whatever the fuck he wants, he doesn't aim to please you negative, unappreciative fucks.

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #222 on: April 24, 2007, 08:46:02 PM »

^ Roll Eyes

since I'm  GnR fan i guess that makes me a Robin Fan Tongue i just think he coulda been a bit more definate in it instead of so wishy washy hippy sounding

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #223 on: April 24, 2007, 08:48:23 PM »

He's Robin, he doesn't need to pretend to be something you want him to be.

As usual when there's some kind of comment from GN'R or a member of the band..... You get the point.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #224 on: April 24, 2007, 08:48:53 PM »

^ Roll Eyes

since I'm  GnR fan i guess that makes me a Robin Fan Tongue i just think he coulda been a bit more definate in it instead of so wishy washy hippy sounding

That's just kind of the way Robin makes his statements on his website, man.  It's the way it has always been with his website statements Smiley

Ali
DramaGod
« Reply #225 on: April 24, 2007, 08:53:27 PM »

Robin for your sanity and talent,CUT YOUR LOSSES and move on. ? ? There is much more music that you yourself need to put out there. ? I have had all the faith in the world in axl,but IMO he will never put this album out,yes i said axl will never put the album out.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #226 on: April 24, 2007, 08:58:07 PM »

dont the "speculator's" like me get flambayed by several people for "speculating" about GnR? or am i mistaken? and at a time when breakups are being muttered alot on the forums (Not by me I'll have you know) and cancellations are rumored and the lack uf updates about the sitiation on the official website (which still says Africa is a go BTW) and Axl's feelings about the fans are being questioned, we get this statement by one of the number one guys in the band:

"I guess I'm writing because I too am disappointed, have a conscience, a website"

really what the hell does that mean?

like really he can be whoever the fuck he wants to be i dont care but talk plain sense man

That's just kind of the way Robin makes his statements on his website, man. It's the way it has always been with his website statements Smiley

peace I know i just wish it woulda been a more insightful update to this current situation than that thats all....i know thats how robin is, i've complained about his gnr updates before hihi

bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #227 on: April 24, 2007, 09:07:26 PM »

dont the "speculator's" like me get flambayed by several people for "speculating" about GnR? or am i mistaken? and at a time when breakups are being muttered alot on the forums (Not by me I'll have you know) and cancellations are rumored and the lack uf updates about the sitiation on the official website (which still says Africa is a go BTW) and Axl's feelings about the fans are being questioned, we get this statement by one of the number one guys in the band:

"I guess I'm writing because I too am disappointed, have a conscience, a website"

like really he can be whoever the fuck he wants to be i dont care but talk plain sense man

That's just kind of the way Robin makes his statements on his website, man. It's the way it has always been with his website statements Smiley

peace I know i just wish it woulda been a more insightful update to this current situation than that thats all....i know thats how robin is, i've complained about his gnr updates before hihi

I agree. I knew last night when his statement was posted that it would lead to all sorts of speculation. I know that's how he writes on his site, but vague, cryptic messages about GNR probably isn't the best idea. Any other subject, cool. GNR, not so cool.

sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #228 on: April 24, 2007, 09:10:29 PM »

It makes sense to me, maybe if there was an official update there would be less speculating.

If everybody agreed about GNR there would be no discussions. What would everbody talk about politics.

I think all the threads about the exmembers and hair syles have all been beat to death for the last 10 years.? Everybody is just frustrated and it has been more apparent the poeple who have a diffrent opinion get bashed lately.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #229 on: April 24, 2007, 10:11:11 PM »

I guess the part that throws me the most is the I have a conscience.

What does that fuckin mean? Like he feels bad for constantly putting off the fans or something?

On a side note, I was agreeing with Jarmo saying he is always right. Cause I admit I was wrong on that count.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #230 on: April 24, 2007, 10:24:26 PM »

I guess the part that throws me the most is the I have a conscience.

What does that fuckin mean? Like he feels bad for constantly putting off the fans or something?

On a side note, I was agreeing with Jarmo saying he is always right. Cause I admit I was wrong on that count.

I think he feels for what the fans are going through.  I think he wanted to let the fans knows that he understands the frustration and feels it himself.

Ali
dodger girl
Rocker

art is resistance

« Reply #231 on: April 25, 2007, 03:22:56 AM »

Robin for your sanity and talent,CUT YOUR LOSSES and move on.     There is much more music that you yourself need to put out there.   I have had all the faith in the world in axl,but IMO he will never put this album out,yes i said axl will never put the album out.

damn am i sensing some logic here? i too think i might start to believe Chinese Democracy will never happen no

i'm going to wait til July though before i jump the ship for good

btw, as an unconditional fan of Robin I'm really happy to read his acknowledgment of the situation, it's nice and considerate of him to dedicate some words to the fans, and besides i LOVE the way he expresses himself! love love love his choice of words hehe, Robin always makes me smile love

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #232 on: April 25, 2007, 08:35:20 AM »

i'm going to wait til July though before i jump the ship for good

btw, as an unconditional fan of Robin

ah gotta love when the "unconditional" fans feel like jumping ship. rofl

I think he feels for what the fans are going through. I think he wanted to let the fans knows that he understands the frustration and feels it himself.

now you are speculating you bad boy Tongue GnR doesnt like that you know hihi

KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #233 on: April 25, 2007, 08:39:00 AM »

She did say unconditional fan of Robin, not GNR....
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #234 on: April 25, 2007, 08:51:37 AM »

She did say unconditional fan of Robin, not GNR....

cuz robin has so many other things on the go at the moment Roll Eyes

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #235 on: April 25, 2007, 09:00:51 AM »

i personally thought it was a very clear statement, considering it was robin, who wrote it on his website....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #236 on: April 25, 2007, 09:33:04 AM »

I've never met bigger pussies and crybabys in my life. you guys are ridiculous.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #237 on: April 25, 2007, 09:59:54 AM »

I can't see how everyone that is taking this statement by Robin, be it a great gesture as we've been updated or this statement is the band commenting about this situation and we should like it and that's it.

They cancel Japan, then cancel SA and who knows if Australia really is a go at this point and why because we get nothing official that is telling us what the deal is.? ?Now, some may say, we don't need to know the deal, the people that paid alot of money for these tickets should be given the respect to at least get something official from Axl or the management or someone in the band as to why [yeah I know Tommy's wrist didn't heal up and this is even speculating cuz noone has said that, the promoters used the same statement from the Japan tour being canceled for the SA show] and what the plan is going forward with their tour.? ?If they don't know, then at least give us something.

Understood the band is disappointed but what is the deal.? ?That's what fans want to know, why is that such a hard concept for people to understand and more over why is it a bad thing.? ? Considering SA is still on the official website, now you are gonna fans that may not even believe they aren't playing it if they don't follow them like we do.

Messed up how ever which way you slice it.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 10:03:09 AM by DoubleTalkingJive » Logged

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #238 on: April 25, 2007, 01:27:15 PM »

I can't see how everyone that is taking this statement by Robin, be it a great gesture as we've been updated or this statement is the band commenting about this situation and we should like it and that's it.

They cancel Japan, then...

Maybe you can if you get the facts right.  Undecided
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #239 on: April 25, 2007, 01:37:19 PM »

They cancel Japan, then...

Maybe you can if you get the facts right.? Undecided

Until something official comes from the band saying otherwise, isn't that the fact right now?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: