Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 07:49:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228089 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  r ob i n update / statement
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: r ob i n update / statement  (Read 48827 times)
gnfnr2006
« Reply #200 on: April 24, 2007, 06:58:20 PM »

Axl though implied that HE would keep us updated.

Del James posting something doesn't qualify as AXL saying it.

I got from that letter, that he was gonna stop keeping the fan base in the dark and that if March 6th wasnt met he'd write another letter to shine light on what was going on.

Maybe i misinterpreted it but That is what I had in mind.

Not this same ole stuff over and over.

As long as we're kept abreast, does it really matter how that information comes to us?? Isn't the bottom line really that we get the information, not how we get it?

Also, again, he never said that he would keep us updated every step of the way.? Some bands do this, and I think it would be cool if GN'R did that, but they don't have to.

Ali

Do you ever step back and read what you have written? How can you defend Axl or GNR in their "keeping us abreast" !?!?!

Did you step back and read what I wrote?? I said that we were never promised an update every step of the way in the process of this record, so to sit back and complain about it is crap considering we aren't owed that and Axl and GN'R aren't obligated to inform us of every step along the way.? We got an update as to the record's status from someone in the know, what more could you want?? Isn't it entirely possible that nothing has changed since then, therefore there is nothing new to tell us?

Ali

Ok, you continue to be happy with how you, as a fan, are treated. We are proud of you. ?ok

BTW -  Robin, thanks for thinking of us !!!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 07:00:47 PM by gnfnr2006 » Logged
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #201 on: April 24, 2007, 07:03:05 PM »

Axl though implied that HE would keep us updated.

Del James posting something doesn't qualify as AXL saying it.

I got from that letter, that he was gonna stop keeping the fan base in the dark and that if March 6th wasnt met he'd write another letter to shine light on what was going on.

Maybe i misinterpreted it but That is what I had in mind.

Not this same ole stuff over and over.

As long as we're kept abreast, does it really matter how that information comes to us?  Isn't the bottom line really that we get the information, not how we get it?

Also, again, he never said that he would keep us updated every step of the way.  Some bands do this, and I think it would be cool if GN'R did that, but they don't have to.

Ali

Do you ever step back and read what you have written? How can you defend Axl or GNR in their "keeping us abreast" !?!?!

Did you step back and read what I wrote?  I said that we were never promised an update every step of the way in the process of this record, so to sit back and complain about it is crap considering we aren't owed that and Axl and GN'R aren't obligated to inform us of every step along the way.  We got an update as to the record's status from someone in the know, what more could you want?  Isn't it entirely possible that nothing has changed since then, therefore there is nothing new to tell us?

Ali

Ok, you continue to be happy with how you, as a fan, are treated. We are proud of you.  ok

Your problem is your completely misguided and misfounded sense of obligation and entitlement.  Who are you, who are any of us, to try and demand what and how much information should be divulged by GN'R?

We were informed when the recording for the album was complete and it went into the mixing stage.  Yes, that's enough for me.  I don't need to know every damn detail along the way.

Ali
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #202 on: April 24, 2007, 07:03:41 PM »

Ali

just a question.

How long have u been waiting?

Its easier for people who haven't been waiting as long as some of the rest of us.

For instance if someone is new to this forum and just got into GNR say 5 years ago, they don't know the misery that hardcore fans since the 80's feel.

read what Axl said:
Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible. We thank you for your patience."

March 6th was almost 2 months ago. Maybe I missed the memo but I sure as fuck havent been notified about anything.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Ali
Legend

« Reply #203 on: April 24, 2007, 07:09:41 PM »

Ali

just a question.

How long have u been waiting?

Its easier for people who haven't been waiting as long as some of the rest of us.

For instance if someone is new to this forum and just got into GNR say 5 years ago, they don't know the misery that hardcore fans since the 80's feel.

read what Axl said:
Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible. We thank you for your patience."

March 6th was almost 2 months ago. Maybe I missed the memo but I sure as fuck havent been notified about anything.

D,

The God's honest truth is that I have been a fan since the spring of 1988.  I have bought Appetite on cassette three times because I wore the first two out and I have bought Appetite on CD twice (the second time because I lost the first Smiley ).  I have bought each of the UYI records on cassette and on CD and got those records the day they were released.

I wish a new date would have been given along with Del's update, I really do.  But, it wasn't.  Maybe I'm easy to please, but I was glad to know the recording was done and the album was being mixed.  Things are moving along and that is positive.  I just don't feel like we're owed anything more than that.  I'd rather not be given a tentative date again and wait for a firm date, but that's me.

Ali
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #204 on: April 24, 2007, 07:12:06 PM »

^
fair enough.

I actually have enjoyed the wait all these years but the 6 months or so are starting to wear me down a bit I am not gonna lie.

I've always gave Axl the benefit of the doubt and I've supported this band Gung Ho but if CD doesnt come out this year, that will constitute a reason to truly panic.

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #205 on: April 24, 2007, 07:17:03 PM »

^
fair enough.

I actually have enjoyed the wait all these years but the 6 months or so are starting to wear me down a bit I am not gonna lie.

I've always gave Axl the benefit of the doubt and I've supported this band Gung Ho but if CD doesnt come out this year, that will constitute a reason to truly panic.

everyday it is getting closer,sir....closer to not coming out this year. Hell last year axl said more then once it would be out in 2006, then waited till the end of the year to say other wise. and hell dude didn't even have a finished album

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #206 on: April 24, 2007, 07:18:27 PM »

Poor tortured soul.

The whole idea of waiting is what you need to get over.

read what Axl said:

Has a new date been set yet? No. How can you be informed of a new date when there's no new date set?

You've been notified about the album being recorded and then that it was being mixed.

Axl thanks for your patience, but seems like you lack it.  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #207 on: April 24, 2007, 07:21:23 PM »

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=71149

GUNS N' ROSES havee announced that their 2007 World Tour will begin on June 2 in Monterrey Mexico. The tour had been delayed due to an injury to bassist Tommy Stinson's left wrist. Fortunately, the sprain is healing nicely and soon the band will be ready to rock like only they can.

June will see GN'R perform three concerts in Mexico before heading to Australia and New Zealand. It's been fifteen years since GN'R last performed in Mexico, Australia, or New Zealand and the anticipation is beyond belief. July has GN'R traveling to Japan for a series of rescheduled concerts. Fans attending can expect to hear GN'R classics like "Welcome To the Jungle", "November Rain", "Patience" and "Sweet Child O' Mine" along with blistering new songs from the band's forthcoming "Chinese Democracy" album like "Madagascar", "IRS" and "Better".
Ali
Legend

« Reply #208 on: April 24, 2007, 07:23:13 PM »

Poor tortured soul.

read what Axl said:

Has a new date been set yet? No. How can you be informed of a new date when there's no new date set?

You've been notified about the album being recorded and then that it was being mixed.

Axl thanks for your patience, but seems like you lack it.  Tongue

/jarmo

That's a good point, Jarmo.  If there is not a new date set even internally for the band to turn the record over to the record company, or a non-public date penciled in between the band and the record company, what is there to let us know?

Ali
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #209 on: April 24, 2007, 07:28:39 PM »

Jarmo has to always be right.
 Tongue
Yeah i guess for some reason I didnt think of that. confused

I have patience. I wouldn't still be waiting and excited after all these years if i didnt.

I just assume that if they are starting another tour, the album has to be ready for release. If not cancelling those dates in January would seem kind of pointless.

Ali
Legend

« Reply #210 on: April 24, 2007, 07:31:18 PM »

Tongue

I have patience. I wouldn't still be waiting and excited after all these years if i didnt.

I just assume that if they are starting another tour, the album has to be ready for release. If not cancelling those dates in January would seem kind of pointless.

No one said Jarmo has to always be right, but really, if there is no doubt even set in the minds of the band, what is there to pass along to us?  It's a legitimate point.

Ali
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #211 on: April 24, 2007, 07:38:28 PM »

Tongue

Only 99.99% of the time.

I'm human.

hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #212 on: April 24, 2007, 07:40:43 PM »

If not cancelling those dates in January would seem kind of pointless.
They did used the time to record more, didn't they?

Maybe they wanted to get the recording process done because the mixing can be followed while they are on tour.

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #213 on: April 24, 2007, 07:42:18 PM »

Tongue

Only 99.99% of the time.

I'm human.

hihi

/jarmo

still doing better then most of us sir.

the wife says I'm right only about 00.01% of the time. 

I'm only a  male though. hihi

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
gnfnr2006
« Reply #214 on: April 24, 2007, 07:57:25 PM »

Poor tortured soul.

read what Axl said:

Axl thanks for your patience, but seems like you lack it.? Tongue

/jarmo

Jarmo- they gave us a date of Mar 6 before the recording was even finished. Now, recording has been finished for 2 months. So you mean to tell me that they could give us a tentative release date before recording was finished, but now that that process has been completed for 2 months, its even HARDER to GUESS at a release date? So if you guess once to justify cancel ling shows, you better not GUESS again, just because your cancelling more shows. 
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #215 on: April 24, 2007, 07:58:25 PM »

Poor tortured soul.

Excactly. I have been a fan since '91 and been waiting for this new record since '99, and I just enjoy the ride, I want the timing to be right.
I want this album as much as any hardcore fan can want it, but at the same time I have a life. And that, my friends, is a key element to avoid bitterness.

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
sami ben tovim
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #216 on: April 24, 2007, 08:04:48 PM »

jarmo,sometimes your protection of axl is pathtic
you know that most of us are right,but you have to say the opposite just beacuse you are who you are
that's lame man Lips Sealed
i love axl but he turn guns to an unreliable band and you think twice about everything they say.i think that theres not much people out there whom take this band serious besides us,the fans no
gnfnr2006
« Reply #217 on: April 24, 2007, 08:06:52 PM »

Tongue

Cancelling the shows was pointless. It really takes some balls to cancel a tour to finish an album, then attempt to start another tour on the other side of the globe, without the album you cancelled the last tour for even being mentioned!! Axl got paid to do the shows at the end of the tour then when he got tired of performing he quit and came up with an elaborate plan to disguise it all before his recently fired manager blew him out of the water. We all read Mercks letter, he was gettn ready to tell the fans the truth !! Now, when the time is right, he goes right back to collecting $ for his cd/blow fund, from anywhere that he hasnt already scrounged money and or dissapointed fans.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #218 on: April 24, 2007, 08:32:04 PM »

jarmo,sometimes your protection of axl is pathtic
you know that most of us are right,but you have to say the opposite just beacuse you are who you are
that's lame man Lips Sealed

Yeah, stating the truth is lame because your idea of the truth is the complete opposite.

ok

Cancelling the shows was pointless.

Will you ever get it?

Those January shows were canceled so they could finish the actual recording of the album. It's been taken care of.

/jarmo

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #219 on: April 24, 2007, 08:34:17 PM »

Tongue

Only 99.99% of the time.

I'm human.

hihi

/jarmo

still doing better then most of us sir.

the wife says I'm right only about 00.01% of the time.?

I'm only a? male though. hihi

Hey... You and Jarmo complete each other perfectly  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: