Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 07:31:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228089 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  r ob i n update / statement
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: r ob i n update / statement  (Read 48790 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #180 on: April 24, 2007, 04:47:42 PM »

They should have explained why it was so important for them to cancel dates instead of replacing the bass player for a few shows -- like they've done with every band member, numerous times.

You're talking about replacing someone when they've left the band, not when they're hurt.  Different situation entirely.

Ali
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #181 on: April 24, 2007, 04:57:55 PM »

They should have explained why it was so important for them to cancel dates instead of replacing the bass player for a few shows -- like they've done with every band member, numerous times.

You're talking about replacing someone when they've left the band, not when they're hurt.  Different situation entirely.

Ali
yea. apparently people can't think.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #182 on: April 24, 2007, 05:11:43 PM »

Mabye they're on a tight budget and didnt want to hire someone for a few dates... Mabye they didnt feel comfortable with anyone, with such little notice... Its life deal with it
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #183 on: April 24, 2007, 05:23:34 PM »

You're talking about replacing someone when they've left the band, not when they're hurt.? Different situation entirely.

Ali

You may not be aware of this, but GnR has replaced members who couldn't perform for a show here and there -- Adler and Gilby had that happen. 

If Axl wanted to play those shows, he could have found a solution to the Tommy situation.  He's done it before.  Other bands have done it too.

If the story about Tommy's wrist really is true, Axl may have decided that he'd rather not play the shows than replace his "General" for a few nights.  He has every right to make that choice.  But that means Axl decided to put what was good for the him above what was best for the tens of thousands of fans.

Maybe the reason Axl's refused to explain himself is because the explanations make him look bad.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
anythinggoes
« Reply #184 on: April 24, 2007, 05:28:30 PM »

You're talking about replacing someone when they've left the band, not when they're hurt.? Different situation entirely.

Ali

You may not be aware of this, but GnR has replaced members who couldn't perform for a show here and there -- Adler and Gilby had that happen.?

If Axl wanted to play those shows, he could have found a solution to the Tommy situation.? He's done it before.? Other bands have done it too.

If the story about Tommy's wrist really is true, Axl may have decided that he'd rather not play the shows than replace his "General" for a few nights.? He has every right to make that choice.? But that means Axl decided to put what was good for the him above what was best for the tens of thousands of fans.

Maybe the reason Axl's refused to explain himself is because the explanations make him look bad.

Maybe you shoud wait a few days and see what happens as i have a feeling something is going on
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #185 on: April 24, 2007, 05:37:29 PM »

Me too.  I just think it's stupid and pointless for Axl to expose himself to all this criticsm when he's got a perfect podium from which he could clear up all the rumors.

The problem is, when he's forced to finally say something, he puts out poorly worded, inconclusive press releases.  It's either because he's intentionally trying to be vague to cover for the poor choices he's made, or that is PR team is woefully incompotent. 

I honestly can't tell which one it is. 

But it creates a cycle.  He posts a shitty, lame press release.  People -- understandably pick it apart -- then Axl thinks that no excuse is good enough and shuts down again.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
Ali
Legend

« Reply #186 on: April 24, 2007, 05:40:34 PM »

Ali

You may not be aware of this, but GnR has replaced members who couldn't perform for a show here and there -- Adler and Gilby had that happen. 

If Axl wanted to play those shows, he could have found a solution to the Tommy situation.  He's done it before.  Other bands have done it too.

If the story about Tommy's wrist really is true, Axl may have decided that he'd rather not play the shows than replace his "General" for a few nights.  He has every right to make that choice.  But that means Axl decided to put what was good for the him above what was best for the tens of thousands of fans.

I have been a fan for 19 years, so yes, I'm aware of that.  I simply misinterpreted what you wrote.

You're right, Axl has every right to say "I don't want to play without my General".  But, how is that putting what was good for him better than what was good for the fans?  Maybe the band don't want to play without Tommy either?  It's not like Robin said anything indicating he thought they should go ahead without Tommy.  Maybe Tommy's absence would affect the band and their on-stage chemistry in a very palpable way that we can't appreciate from the outside looking in?  Who knows.  But, I wouldn't say that he put himself above the fans when that decision was made.  You don't know how Tommy not being there could compromise their show and affect it's quality.  If Axl had gone ahead with a replacement and that would lead to a less than stellar performance, then that would be putting himself above the fans.

Who said that Axl has to explain every decision to the fans?  Since when is there any obligation on his part to do that or any right of ours to demand that?

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #187 on: April 24, 2007, 05:42:27 PM »

Me too.  I just think it's stupid and pointless for Axl to expose himself to all this criticsm when he's got a perfect podium from which he could clear up all the rumors.

The problem is, when he's forced to finally say something, he puts out poorly worded, inconclusive press releases.  It's either because he's intentionally trying to be vague to cover for the poor choices he's made, or that is PR team is woefully incompotent. 

I honestly can't tell which one it is. 

But it creates a cycle.  He posts a shitty, lame press release.  People -- understandably pick it apart -- then Axl thinks that no excuse is good enough and shuts down again.

How could you possibly know what Axl thinks?  None of us have any clue what he thinks and therefore have no idea how Axl reacts, if he reacts at all, to how people respond to his press releases.

Ali
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #188 on: April 24, 2007, 05:42:55 PM »

Axl said if he didnt meet the March 6th tentative deadline, that he would let us know why and try to explain etc and do his best to keep us informed.

He hasnt done shit to keep us informed in my opinion.

Announcing a tour doesn't keep us informed about the album.

Entirely correct.

Also, the whole CD will be released in the Fall shit is the same thing we've been saying since 2002 or so. It never ends!

This is true, and it looks like this year will be no exception.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #189 on: April 24, 2007, 05:44:12 PM »

blame axl, blame axl, blame axl, it's all his fault.

axl is responsible for every bad thing that ever happens.

he single-handedly broke up the old band and fucked up this tour by being selfish because tommy messed up his hand.

it's all part of axl's evil plan to be selfish and mean.

idiots.

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
Ali
Legend

« Reply #190 on: April 24, 2007, 05:50:06 PM »

Axl said if he didnt meet the March 6th tentative deadline, that he would let us know why and try to explain etc and do his best to keep us informed.

He hasnt done shit to keep us informed in my opinion.

Announcing a tour doesn't keep us informed about the album.

Entirely correct.

Also, the whole CD will be released in the Fall shit is the same thing we've been saying since 2002 or so. It never ends!

This is true, and it looks like this year will be no exception.

Announcing a tour does not keep us informed about the album, that is certainly correct.  However, we weren't told we would get an update at every step of the way, or on a bi-weekly or monthly basis.  Two months ago we were told that the recording was completed and the album was being mixed.  Maybe nothing has changed since then, that the mixing is still going on, therefore there is nothing new to report?

Ali
charlesfosterkane
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #191 on: April 24, 2007, 06:09:00 PM »

I have been a fan for 19 years, so yes, I'm aware of that.  I simply misinterpreted what you wrote.

Who said that Axl has to explain every decision to the fans?  Since when is there any obligation on his part to do that or any right of ours to demand that?

Ali

amen.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #192 on: April 24, 2007, 06:30:20 PM »

Axl though implied that HE would keep us updated.

Del James posting something doesn't qualify as AXL saying it.

I got from that letter, that he was gonna stop keeping the fan base in the dark and that if March 6th wasnt met he'd write another letter to shine light on what was going on.

Maybe i misinterpreted it but That is what I had in mind.

Not this same ole stuff over and over.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Ali
Legend

« Reply #193 on: April 24, 2007, 06:32:20 PM »

I got from that letter, that he was gonna stop keeping the fan base in the dark and that if March 6th wasnt met he'd write another letter to shine light on what was going on.

As long as we're kept abreast, does it really matter how that information comes to us?  Isn't the bottom line really that we get the information, not how we get it?

Also, again, he never said that he would keep us updated every step of the way.  Some bands do this, and I think it would be cool if GN'R did that, but they don't have to.

Ali
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #194 on: April 24, 2007, 06:43:14 PM »

Yes cause if Axl doesnt live up to what the person said he can always use his "I didnt say it" excuse and blame someone else.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
gnfnr2006
« Reply #195 on: April 24, 2007, 06:44:00 PM »

Ali

You may not be aware of this, but GnR has replaced members who couldn't perform for a show here and there -- Adler and Gilby had that happen.?

If Axl wanted to play those shows, he could have found a solution to the Tommy situation.? He's done it before.? Other bands have done it too.

If the story about Tommy's wrist really is true, Axl may have decided that he'd rather not play the shows than replace his "General" for a few nights.? He has every right to make that choice.? But that means Axl decided to put what was good for the him above what was best for the tens of thousands of fans.

Maybe you shoud wait a few days and see what happens as i have a feeling something is going on

How many days should the people who spend their hard earned $$$ have to wait to find out if GNR are coming or not? Saying that it is a festival and therefore requires less from GNR is BS.
gnfnr2006
« Reply #196 on: April 24, 2007, 06:47:46 PM »

As long as we're kept abreast, does it really matter how that information comes to us?? Isn't the bottom line really that we get the information, not how we get it?

Also, again, he never said that he would keep us updated every step of the way.? Some bands do this, and I think it would be cool if GN'R did that, but they don't have to.

Ali

Do you ever step back and read what you have written? How can you defend Axl or GNR in their "keeping us abreast" !?!?!
Ali
Legend

« Reply #197 on: April 24, 2007, 06:53:59 PM »

As long as we're kept abreast, does it really matter how that information comes to us?  Isn't the bottom line really that we get the information, not how we get it?

Also, again, he never said that he would keep us updated every step of the way.  Some bands do this, and I think it would be cool if GN'R did that, but they don't have to.

Ali

Do you ever step back and read what you have written? How can you defend Axl or GNR in their "keeping us abreast" !?!?!

Did you step back and read what I wrote?  I said that we were never promised an update every step of the way in the process of this record, so to sit back and complain about it is crap considering we aren't owed that and Axl and GN'R aren't obligated to inform us of every step along the way.  We got an update as to the record's status from someone in the know, what more could you want?  Isn't it entirely possible that nothing has changed since then, therefore there is nothing new to tell us?

Ali
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #198 on: April 24, 2007, 06:55:35 PM »

You did misinterpret the letter in the sense that Axl had egg on his face with the album failing to show up last year even though he said it would like 3 different times, and his manager made matters worse with that whole "13 Tuesdays" fiasco. Axl was going to say anything he could at that point to try and turn the momentum around, and anyone who reads these boards religiously knows that him offering us the slightest bit of hope from his own mouth would by him more time. Nothing short of making it at least seem like CD was imminent or close to being released was going to get him out of that mess.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #199 on: April 24, 2007, 06:57:53 PM »

Yes cause if Axl doesnt live up to what the person said he can always use his "I didnt say it" excuse and blame someone else.

O.k., here is the part of his open letter that deals with giving updates:

"Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible. We thank you for your patience."

Where in there does it say that Axl will keep us personally informed?

Ali
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: