Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 07:54:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228089 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  r ob i n update / statement
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: r ob i n update / statement  (Read 48836 times)
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #160 on: April 24, 2007, 01:59:20 PM »

can we stop with the speculation about robin quitting the band??
for fuck's sake, this is good news! still you people want to paint it negative! why is that?
can we get back on topic now? i'm sick of all the speculation. i bet when CD comes out some of you people will be going "why aren't there more rockers? where's the slash like classic gnr riffs? why aren't there more songs! i'm disappointed in the art work! i want my money back!"

90 Days wrote: gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band. buckethead stops now!  rofl

whats that about?
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #161 on: April 24, 2007, 02:05:30 PM »

for fuck's sake, this is good news! still you people want to paint it negative! why is that?
can we get back on topic now? i'm sick of all the speculation. i bet when CD comes out some of you people will be going "why aren't there more rockers? where's the slash like classic gnr riffs? why aren't there more songs! i'm disappointed in the art work! i want my money back!"

90 Days wrote: gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band. buckethead stops now!? rofl

whats that about?

Why are you making yet another stupid, off-topic post? Just to provoke Jarmo?
To answer your question, that post is hilarious but you wouldn't know, you haven't been here long enough to know Saul's posts.

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #162 on: April 24, 2007, 02:05:37 PM »

Point to me how that letter was good?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #163 on: April 24, 2007, 02:05:55 PM »

I think some of you need to chillax

He feels the pain and gave people a statement.

Normally he would say his website is not the place for that (guns n roses).

His messages are sometimes mysterious but thats who the guy is.

I look forward to seeing his work on the album whenever it gets released, hes is very talented. ?His stage presence is also cool, and yes I like the spider / crab dance walk.

Fuck All Y'all
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #164 on: April 24, 2007, 02:06:03 PM »

band is alive. they're mixing chin dem. 2007 world tour will start in june and they'll play in japan in july. thats clear Tongue
no shows in may. they could promote the album. i even think the'll do that.

Not to be rude... but how is any of that clear or official?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #165 on: April 24, 2007, 03:14:34 PM »

I guess I'm writing because I too am disappointed, have a conscience, a website, and I am not on the Bullet Train to Osaka this evening.

If Robin feels compelled to write an apology because he has a conscience and a website, isn't he implying that *somebody else* doesn't?

Since GNR's splendid management can't quite get motivated enough to apologize to their fans, Robin Finck's taken it upon himself.

What a shame.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #166 on: April 24, 2007, 03:17:28 PM »

I guess I'm writing because I too am disappointed, have a conscience, a website, and I am not on the Bullet Train to Osaka this evening.

If Robin feels compelled to write an apology because he has a conscience and a website, isn't he implying that *somebody else* doesn't?

Since GNR's splendid management can't quite get motivated enough to apologize to their fans, Robin Finck's taken it upon himself.

What a shame.

The quote could easily be read as "I too am disappointed, I too have a conscience and I too have a website."

How do you know that the "too" doesn't apply to everything following it in the sentence?  A simple matter of grammar could change the entire meaning of the statement.

Ali
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #167 on: April 24, 2007, 03:26:36 PM »

Does Robin really needs to draw it for some understand? He didn't put any hidden messages on his letter, for Christ sakes!

bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #168 on: April 24, 2007, 03:33:06 PM »

The quote could easily be read as "I too am disappointed, I too have a conscience and I too have a website."

How do you know that the "too" doesn't apply to everything following it in the sentence?? A simple matter of grammar could change the entire meaning of the statement.

Ali

C'mon...? Of course he was getting in a little shot there!? I don't think it could be taken any other way than as a veiled reference to the lack of information on gunsnroses.com.? That said, I also don't think that it hints at any tensions in the band - just a difference in philosophy and him doing the little bit he can do to try and keep the fans informed.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #169 on: April 24, 2007, 03:36:55 PM »

How do you know that the "too" doesn't apply to everything following it in the sentence?  A simple matter of grammar could change the entire meaning of the statement.

Ali

C'mon...  Of course he was getting in a little shot there!  I don't think it could be taken any other way than as a veiled reference to the lack of information on gunsnroses.com.  That said, I also don't think that it hints at any tensions in the band - just a difference in philosophy and him doing the little bit he can do to try and keep the fans informed.

It could be anything, that's the point.  No one but Robin knows what exactly he meant.  I'm just trying to point out that a small difference in interpretation could change the entire meaning of the statement.

In the original announcement of the Japan shows postponement, Tommy expressed his remorse and apologized profusely for what happened and thanked the fans for the patience and support  Tommy seemed bummed too.  Maybe he was just expressing his sense of frustration alongside Tommy.

Ali
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #170 on: April 24, 2007, 03:37:33 PM »

Hm, funny how it is it's coming from Robin that the South Africa shows aint gonna happen and still you could think they are when you watch the news page here Huh

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
rv62900
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #171 on: April 24, 2007, 03:48:07 PM »

Hm, funny how it is it's coming from Robin that the South Africa shows aint gonna happen and still you could think they are when you watch the news page here Huh

what do they say??

and why do Tommy's page still say that they are going to play SA
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #172 on: April 24, 2007, 03:51:37 PM »

maybe he's left handed.
rv62900
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #173 on: April 24, 2007, 03:57:10 PM »

maybe he's left handed.

LOL, yeah, maybe he just found out...my bad peace
elmir
VIP

« Reply #174 on: April 24, 2007, 04:00:53 PM »

maybe he's left handed.

that is the funniest thing i've read on this board in the last month, since this nonsense began....props for that....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
AxlNow
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #175 on: April 24, 2007, 04:10:48 PM »

I respect people who think positive. However I feel bad that some of those same people can never seem to read between the lines. So much SPIN in here that it makes me dizzy.
Ali
Legend

« Reply #176 on: April 24, 2007, 04:14:35 PM »

I respect people who think positive. However I feel bad that some of those same people can never seem to read between the lines. So much SPIN in here that it makes me dizzy.

The problem with reading between the lines is that it can be subjective and therefore dependent on and subject to our own personal feelings, dispositions and attitudes.  Therefore, it can often be inaccurate.  Not in every case, but often.

Ali
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #177 on: April 24, 2007, 04:38:49 PM »

What a shame.

How do you know that the "too" doesn't apply to everything following it in the sentence?? A simple matter of grammar could change the entire meaning of the statement.

Ali

If Axl had exhibited any degree of conscience over this, and used his website to convey those feelings, then I think you'd have a point.

Instead, we got one pretty shitty little press release, in which Tommy's only quoted as he takes sole responsiblity for his injured hand.  But what about the obvious notion that a bass player could be replaced for a few shows?  What about the album?  Why can't we ever just get a full story about what's happening?

Why is GNR continuing to pretend like they'll be "honoring" their South African concerts when they obviously know full well that they won't be?

I think that was the point that Robin was making.

Ali
Legend

« Reply #178 on: April 24, 2007, 04:44:53 PM »

What a shame.

Ali

If Axl had exhibited any degree of conscience over this, and used his website to convey those feelings, then I think you'd have a point.

Instead, we got one pretty shitty little press release, in which Tommy's only quoted as he takes sole responsiblity for his injured hand.  But what about the obvious notion that a bass player could be replaced for a few shows?  What about the album?  Why can't we ever just get a full story about what's happening?

Why is GNR continuing to pretend like they'll be "honoring" their South African concerts when they obviously know full well that they won't be?

I think that was the point that Robin was making.

Well, it wasn't that long ago that we got an update that the recording was completed.  Maybe there is nothing new to report there?  Maybe the record is still being mixed?

I don't know why they haven't updated us with their revised tour plans.  I sure wish they would.  Maybe they just want to give one big update as opposed to several smaller updates?  Who knows?  We'll see, I guess.  The only thing I do know is that this business of reading between the lines can be entirely subjective and is hardly fact.  That's what I meant when I said people will see what they want to see in Robin's statement.  Everyone's own biases, feelings and dispositions will dictate what they read between the lines.  That's the problem in doing so.  We're all certainly entitled to our opinion, just know that is all that you get when you read between the lines, that's an opinion, not a fact.

Ali
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #179 on: April 24, 2007, 04:46:18 PM »

They should have explained why it was so important for them to cancel dates instead of replacing the bass player for a few shows -- like they've done with every band member, numerous times.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: