Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 07:48:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228089 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  r ob i n update / statement
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: r ob i n update / statement  (Read 48821 times)
ben9785
« Reply #120 on: April 24, 2007, 07:39:57 AM »

Oh no, people are STILL conspiring about Robin's message?
Ok it's one thing to comment on Robin's email, but where is this new round of criticism against the band coming from?
You know how it is guys.. this is just how the band works
We can't do shit about it.
You just have to try to accept it and hope for the best
That's how it's always been
Sure it's not like this with every band out there, but we can't change it.
We are all very dedicated fans of the band considering the circumstances
And yes, there have been many periods of trouble and speculation and disappointed
But for Christ's sake, DON'T base all this on one letter from Robin
Which, AGAIN, is just sympathising with fans and expressing his disappointment
Don't read into it. As for this cryptic message, that's how Robin's nature of 'speaking' has always been
Go and look at the archives on his website.
He's not suddenly trying to pull any stunts
As I said I get just as frustrated and annoyed about the lack of info and confusion just like you all so don't think I'm sticking up for anybody for one second or that I don't see the light or whatever
But just this one time, I can't accept people are conspiring against Robin, or trying to start speculation based on a simple person letter to fans from him as a token of appreciation

KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #121 on: April 24, 2007, 07:43:05 AM »

I just wish they'd update the website, even just to say that the SA dates are off. If their lead guitarist is saying the dates are off, the promoter says they are off why can't the band's website.  rant
sandman
Legend

« Reply #122 on: April 24, 2007, 08:32:22 AM »

i feel everyone's pain. right now, i feel less excited about the idea of CD coming out than i have for the last several years.

lots of interesting comments in here. but just remember, it's all SPECULATION.

anyone think that all the reunion articles in the press are causing frustratation for the individual band members as well? that must be tough for someone like robin, who has been here for years, has written a song (Better) that could be huge and define the new GnR, yet still hear stories about Axl/Adler talking about reunions (as well as slash).

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
madagas
« Reply #123 on: April 24, 2007, 08:47:29 AM »

a song (Better) that was going to be used in a commercial and surely would have garnered him some income for publishing. I'd be pissed. Not that that has anything to do with this thread. I thought it was a cool post by Robin.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 08:49:31 AM by madagas » Logged
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #124 on: April 24, 2007, 08:49:46 AM »

anyone think that all the reunion articles in the press are causing frustratation for the individual band members as well?

I think they probably try and let it roll off their backs as best they can, but when reunion rumors get so much attention and interest, its got to be just slighly discouraging and depressing Undecided

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #125 on: April 24, 2007, 08:50:03 AM »

And thats why I love Robin and the rest of the guys! Thanks Robin! Hope I get to give you another big hug soon!
peace out
amy

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #126 on: April 24, 2007, 08:52:57 AM »

funny guy Grin

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Edward Rose
« Reply #127 on: April 24, 2007, 08:56:26 AM »

Even if Robin was alluding to something other than a hand injury, it has nothing to do with the band breaking up... otherwise he wouldn't have talked about rehearsals, shipping equipment and the band being syched to go on the road.  ok

Look elsewhere for theories you Mr. Brownstone muther f*ckers!  hihi
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #128 on: April 24, 2007, 08:56:56 AM »

It is the end of April.

So If the album isnt out June,July or August we will be speculating about November all over again.

I think we're already looking at a November, or at least a late Fall release at this point to coincide with a North American tour.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Edward Rose
« Reply #129 on: April 24, 2007, 09:12:30 AM »

It is the end of April.

So If the album isnt out June,July or August we will be speculating about November all over again.

I think we're already looking at a November, or at least a late Fall release at this point to coincide with a North American tour.

I love the "coincide with North America" theories.  rofl

F*ck America, and f*ck their couch!  Grin
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #130 on: April 24, 2007, 09:35:28 AM »

Nice if him to write that letter indeed. Hope the rest of the tour goes well

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #131 on: April 24, 2007, 09:45:50 AM »

Oh no, people are STILL conspiring about Robin's message?
Ok it's one thing to comment on Robin's email, but where is this new round of criticism against the band coming from?
You know how it is guys.. this is just how the band works
We can't do shit about it.
You just have to try to accept it and hope for the best
That's how it's always been
Sure it's not like this with every band out there, but we can't change it.
We are all very dedicated fans of the band considering the circumstances
And yes, there have been many periods of trouble and speculation and disappointed
But for Christ's sake, DON'T base all this on one letter from Robin
Which, AGAIN, is just sympathising with fans and expressing his disappointment
Don't read into it. As for this cryptic message, that's how Robin's nature of 'speaking' has always been
Go and look at the archives on his website.
He's not suddenly trying to pull any stunts
As I said I get just as frustrated and annoyed about the lack of info and confusion just like you all so don't think I'm sticking up for anybody for one second or that I don't see the light or whatever
But just this one time, I can't accept people are conspiring against Robin, or trying to start speculation based on a simple person letter to fans from him as a token of appreciation

Where do you gather that people are conspiring against Robin?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Gunner_Rose
Headliner

Mr Mojo Risin

« Reply #132 on: April 24, 2007, 10:06:40 AM »

Cool letter. He seems a bit sad but it's good to know something about him.

Thanks Robin, you're the man!

Fincklosophy
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #133 on: April 24, 2007, 10:08:33 AM »

It is the end of April.

I love the "coincide with North America" theories.  rofl

F*ck America, and f*ck their couch!  Grin
And fuck you too buddy, America is better then what ever POS place you live in.

Juanjay
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #134 on: April 24, 2007, 10:23:23 AM »

look at the facts:

1) Axl failed to deliver the album in 06
2) they cancel some jan shows so he can wrap the baby up and give it a proper release
3)remember that appearance they made with societys elite? who wasnt there playing bass?
4) now he breaks his hand?
5)robins lil memo

i really feel bad for tommy and robin...whether this end the way i think or not...this is way out of line now...axl is mentally ill

1)  Yes, Axl failed to deliver the album in '06.  That's done now.  Why cry over spillt milk?  They've moved forward and made progress towards completing the album.  The recording loose ends have been tied up and the album is fully on to mixing and mastering.
2)  Yes, they cancelled some shows so they could work on the record.  That was certainly unfortunate.
3)  Tommy had a personal emergency that night.  That was stated on GN'R's website and there is no reason to doubt that.  He has a daughter, maybe something was going on with her that he had to take care of?  Maybe it's nothing sinister like you think?  If there really was something to that, why was he at the rehearsals for the Japan tour?
4)  People get injured all the time.  Axl was in a brace at the beginning of the UYI tour, remember?
5)  Robin's little memo expresses his frustration with the cancelling of the shows/postponement of the shows.  Nothing more.

Axl is mentally ill?  What college did you get your psychology degree from?

The bastard who murdered all those people last week at Va Tech was mentally ill.  Get some perspective, man, c'mon.

Ali

I would say Axl probably has issues (I have a Bachelor of Science in Psychology from the University of Arizona), but don't we all? I mean seriously we all have something that could be considered an "issue".

I just think that the GNR camp is so fucked up looking from the outside that everything seems to be something it's not. Maybe something more happened, maybe something didn't. No one knows except for those in the band and the hangers on. If the rest of the shows are going on as scheduled then its probably just some things that just couldn't be avoided.
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #135 on: April 24, 2007, 10:35:26 AM »

It is the end of April.

its not going to happen. they want to tour the US in the fall, but no promoter will underwrite the tour. The promoters of the 06' US leg, not the band, LOST money on gnr. They are looking at other options for the fall...

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #136 on: April 24, 2007, 10:40:39 AM »

Roll Eyes

Read between the lines of Robins letter , it is an obvious confession statement.

Robin pushed Tommy down the stairs in a fit of passion! 

I obviously wrote dont cry!

Chinese Democracy starts right now!

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #137 on: April 24, 2007, 10:53:36 AM »

look at the facts:

1) Axl failed to deliver the album in 06
2) they cancel some jan shows so he can wrap the baby up and give it a proper release
3)remember that appearance they made with societys elite? who wasnt there playing bass?
4) now he breaks his hand?
5)robins lil memo

i really feel bad for tommy and robin...whether this end the way i think or not...this is way out of line now...axl is mentally ill

1)  Yes, Axl failed to deliver the album in '06.  That's done now.  Why cry over spillt milk?  They've moved forward and made progress towards completing the album.  The recording loose ends have been tied up and the album is fully on to mixing and mastering.
2)  Yes, they cancelled some shows so they could work on the record.  That was certainly unfortunate.
3)  Tommy had a personal emergency that night.  That was stated on GN'R's website and there is no reason to doubt that.  He has a daughter, maybe something was going on with her that he had to take care of?  Maybe it's nothing sinister like you think?  If there really was something to that, why was he at the rehearsals for the Japan tour?
4)  People get injured all the time.  Axl was in a brace at the beginning of the UYI tour, remember?
5)  Robin's little memo expresses his frustration with the cancelling of the shows/postponement of the shows.  Nothing more.

Axl is mentally ill?  What college did you get your psychology degree from?

The bastard who murdered all those people last week at Va Tech was mentally ill.  Get some perspective, man, c'mon.

Ali

I would say Axl probably has issues (I have a Bachelor of Science in Psychology from the University of Arizona), but don't we all? I mean seriously we all have something that could be considered an "issue".

I just think that the GNR camp is so fucked up looking from the outside that everything seems to be something it's not. Maybe something more happened, maybe something didn't. No one knows except for those in the band and the hangers on. If the rest of the shows are going on as scheduled then its probably just some things that just couldn't be avoided.

Axl was beaten and molested as a child.  No shit he has issues.

How can you diagnose someone you've never met or talked to?  The answer is, and I'm sure you know this, that you can't!!!!!  Unless someone is around him and talks to him, they have no idea how much Axl's "issues" are contributing to the delay in releasing this record.

That's why all this armchair psychology going on in these forums are bullshit.

Another thing I'd like to point out is this:  All the people reading between the lines, as they say, and seeing hidden meanings in Robin's statement, how do you know you're not seeing what you want to see in your state of anger and frustration?

Ali
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #138 on: April 24, 2007, 11:06:16 AM »

Another thing I'd like to point out is this:  All the people reading between the lines, as they say, and seeing hidden meanings in Robin's statement, how do you know you're not seeing what you want to see in your state of anger and frustration?

You are saying you don't see that it is a little more than coincidence that the biggest complaint of fans on this board about the band is the dismal communication, and Robin states in his letter that he has a conscience, a website, and it isn't too much to clarify for the fans what's going on given the hardships faced by those with tickets to cancelled shows? If nothing else that was a direct jab at the lack of an update from the band about the situation, hence his need to do what he could in terms of answering angry emails.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #139 on: April 24, 2007, 11:17:32 AM »

You are saying you don't see that it is a little more than coincidence that the biggest complaint of fans on this board about the band is the dismal communication, and Robin states in his letter that he has a conscience, a website, and it isn't too much to clarify for the fans what's going on given the hardships faced by those with tickets to cancelled shows? If nothing else that was a direct jab at the lack of an update from the band about the situation, hence his need to do what he could in terms of answering angry emails.

Oh, I don't doubt that it's entirely possible that he was pissed that more of a notice wasn't given to the fans about the postponement of the shows.  I applaud him for publicly expressing his sympathy.  I just don't see any intimation of any phantom injury or secret motive to cancelling/postponing these shows.  I also don't see how someone can make the leap that he's ready to quit GN'R, like I've read some people say.

Ali
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: