Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 07:37:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228089 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  r ob i n update / statement
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: r ob i n update / statement  (Read 48798 times)
KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2007, 03:22:59 AM »

First: Robin, if you're readig this... THANK YOU! You made a great comment and it's good to know that someone understands our frustration... Additionaly, if you are also feeling frastrated, hold on! You are one of the reason for many many people to be a fan... You are a big part why I am GnR addicted!  yes

Second: To the board: Don't let us panic... Yeah there ist frustration in Robins kind letter, and yeah he is also "swallowing that very pill". BUT, we don't know for sure whats happening... So let us think positive for this moment and hope that Australia will blow us all away.

Third: To GnR: Please release SOMETHING. It doesn't matter if it's a press release or a single or album. The situation is near pure desperation... Don't let us give up... Keep up with us und we will keep up with you!

Agreed  ok
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2007, 03:29:21 AM »

Some of you guys watch too much movies hihi

This is really nice from Robin. This guy is really a class act. His letter sounds so simple and honest, down to earth. He's as disapointed as us.

We're lucky to have him yes

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
ben9785
« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2007, 03:32:21 AM »

Alright then, so let's hear a hell yeah for Robin

HELL FUCKING YEAH
Apollon
Rocker

So bittersweet this tragedy...

« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2007, 03:34:35 AM »

HELL FUCKING YEAH!!!!  peace
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2007, 03:37:13 AM »

It is the end of April.

So If the album isnt out June,July or August we will be speculating about November all over again.

The vicious circle is never broken.

I agree with everything Younggunner posted.

DaveGNFNR2k and Youngunner are two of the biggest GNR fans I have ever seen on this forum and for both of them to now be fed up really says alot.

I myself am getting extremely annoyed and I have actually enjoyed the wait all these years but enough is enough.

I agree 100 percent that Axl had all the stars lined up for an amazing mystifying once in a lifetime comeback and he absolutely fucking blew it.

he can still be huge and regain a lot of what he was back in the day but he had a shot to surpass his own legend and dropped the ball.

we've heard the fuckin leaks and they are incredible, I just dont understand why Axl can't seem to realize that.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ben9785
« Reply #105 on: April 24, 2007, 03:38:34 AM »

I feel it's going to happen
The recording is finished
The mixing is well underway and possibly close to completion if it hasn't already happened
There are just legalities and other conflicts and issues we just don't know about in the background
Need to try have faith..
I know its hard.. just have to try
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #106 on: April 24, 2007, 04:31:04 AM »

Come on you guys, don't read too much into what he writes.
Robin of all people wouldn't stick any hidden meanings into what he says
None of the GNR members would, I'm sure they realise by now sometimes things they say are misinterpreted in depth, in too many different ways

If he doesn't want anyone misinterpreting what he said, perhaps he should have just played it straight. I know this type of writing is his style, but it doesn't fit the seriousness of the situation.

Look I understand, but Robin is not the tour manager, Robin is not the promoter, Robin is not in any position to give us any official information regarding the 'business'/'administrative' aspect of the tour. Just like the rest of the band members, he is really in no position to comment on behalf of GNR in an official context. What Robin has sent here is his own PERSONAL message of sympathy to fans, directed after a number of emails he must be getting, that is all. Trust me, I completely understand your frustration that there is no official word, but don't take this statement from Robin as an official word, this is his own personal letter. An official statement would come from Axl, Del James, or manager/crew representing GNR.

I hope you understand.

I'm not defending anybody here and I'm not sucking up, I'm not happy about lack of official information either but don't expect it from Robin yknow

Maybe he shouldn't have said anything if he can't really say anything.

Unbelievable. Un-fucking-believable.
We FINALLY get a statement from a band member, and one who sympathizes with us, and you fucking crybabies wish he hadn't said anything. You should be ashamed of yourself. Guns N' Roses doesn't need fans like you. you behave like a spoiled little snotty kid who throws a fit because he can't have his favorite candy. Fucking embarrasing to watch. Guns N' Roses must have some of the most ungrateful, hypocritical fans in the world.

Thanks for this letter Robin, it was cool to read something from you regarding this situation.
You rock! ok smoking

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2007, 04:42:38 AM »

Come on you guys, don't read too much into what he writes.
Robin of all people wouldn't stick any hidden meanings into what he says
None of the GNR members would, I'm sure they realise by now sometimes things they say are misinterpreted in depth, in too many different ways

If he doesn't want anyone misinterpreting what he said, perhaps he should have just played it straight. I know this type of writing is his style, but it doesn't fit the seriousness of the situation.

Look I understand, but Robin is not the tour manager, Robin is not the promoter, Robin is not in any position to give us any official information regarding the 'business'/'administrative' aspect of the tour. Just like the rest of the band members, he is really in no position to comment on behalf of GNR in an official context. What Robin has sent here is his own PERSONAL message of sympathy to fans, directed after a number of emails he must be getting, that is all. Trust me, I completely understand your frustration that there is no official word, but don't take this statement from Robin as an official word, this is his own personal letter. An official statement would come from Axl, Del James, or manager/crew representing GNR.

I hope you understand.

I'm not defending anybody here and I'm not sucking up, I'm not happy about lack of official information either but don't expect it from Robin yknow

Maybe he shouldn't have said anything if he can't really say anything.

Unbelievable. Un-fucking-believable.
We FINALLY get a statement from a band member, and one who sympathizes with us, and you fucking crybabies wish he hadn't said anything. You should be ashamed of yourself. Guns N' Roses doesn't need fans like you. you behave like a spoiled little snotty kid who throws a fit because he can't have his favorite candy. Fucking embarrasing to watch. Guns N' Roses must have some of the most ungrateful, hypocritical fans in the world.

Thanks for this letter Robin, it was cool to read something from you regarding this situation.
You rock! ok smoking

It is the opposite sir fuck nut. they have the most hardcore fans in the world .name me one other fan base that would have put with as much bs as this fan base?

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #108 on: April 24, 2007, 05:23:53 AM »

It's good to hear from robin I guess, But at the same time it's also kinda sad to see how fed up even he is with the way things are going in this band... Undecided
SkinnyPuppy
Rocker

What, me Worry ?

« Reply #109 on: April 24, 2007, 05:28:00 AM »

Nah he's not fed up....just sorry!

Either way they're still honouring their tour promise to Japan by postponing it...

Wounds heal, chicks dig scars, and glory, glory lasts forever. (falco)
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #110 on: April 24, 2007, 05:32:04 AM »

It's good to hear from robin I guess, But at the same time it's also kinda sad to see how fed up even he is with the way things are going in this band... Undecided

No, what is sad is seeing the bitter Slash fans try to ruin every positive thread about the new band.
Cut your fucking mullet and realize that this is 2007. Oh, and vr is a joke compared to this new band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #111 on: April 24, 2007, 05:35:47 AM »

Thanks Robin for giving us some feedback and most of all showing us that you care! I guess that is very important to many fans. We went with GnR through all this fuckin shit for years and we are still there. I guess the ones still left can forgive GnR pretty much everything as long as we know they care too. As far as Axl is concerned I am not so sure. By constantly postponing and reworking CD he has built up so much pressure and expectation for himself; this surely is a heavy burden to carry. Nontheless I wished there was more official information. It is simply absolutely barefaced to the South African Fans to not update the webpage. And for this lack of communication I blame Mr. Rose personally. Since he is the boss of GnR, has absolut control now, it is his personal failure if he can`t get his shit together and find proper management, a webmaster who is able and order someone once in a while to inform the fans about canceled tours and concerts. While I am used to live without CD I get frustrated everytime they cancel tours and concerts. And before some people start shouting: you have no right; yes I have. I have been fucked by GnR 3 times. I booked a flight to Australia this year and it is a matter of respect and decency to all the fans to clarify things up.

But it was very important to hear something from Robin, Ron and Tommy, so we know at least that they care.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #112 on: April 24, 2007, 05:51:06 AM »

But it was very important to hear something from Robin, Ron and Tommy, so we know at least that they care.

Couldn't agree more that is exactly what is needed from them to show that they are not hired guns and that they actually are a band... smoking
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #113 on: April 24, 2007, 05:51:27 AM »

Third: To GnR: Please release SOMETHING. It doesn't matter if it's a press release or a single or album. The situation is near pure desperation... Don't let us give up... Keep up with us und we will keep up with you!

Well said!! ? ok

I sympatize with the fans in Australia/New Zealand about being a bit nervous about the upcoming shows there. I was on the edge of my seat when Axl got arrested in Sweden the day before the show in Oslo, Norway last year. In that case it worked itself out.

Like Apollon said; "release something!" Anything would do, as long as it's official. Like; "At the moment Tommy's hand is healing well enough for us to make the shows down under. But with this type of injury you can never be sure. We will let you know as soon as possible. We know your holding your breath, check the official site for updates" ? yes

But with all this silence I can understand people are pissed off! Considering alot of people down under has not been able to see their favorite band in 13-14 years! I sincerely hope it works out for you guys!! And you may actually be the first ones to here some new tracks live! Lucky bastards! ? ok

As for waiting for CD goes. An update should only come when the mixing/mastering is done, handed over to the record company and a release date is carved in stone once and for all. All other updates regarding CD will only be a cause for more speculation and will only ad fuel to the neverending burning fire of the winers! ?hihi You guys crack me up! ? Roll Eyes

/Naltav

Stavanger-rock-city!!
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #114 on: April 24, 2007, 05:52:39 AM »

Very cool letter from Robin..! Like an intruduction to what we have infront of us..  ok

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
GeraldFord
« Reply #115 on: April 24, 2007, 06:04:13 AM »

I'm not actually relieved by this statement. It's too cryptic for comfort.

Then, much to our distress, unforeseen circumstance walked in, dropped its surly case and announced with certainty, "I'm here! ".

What does that mean? He doesn't mention Tommy's injury...
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #116 on: April 24, 2007, 06:10:38 AM »

I feel pretty certain that is what he meant.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #117 on: April 24, 2007, 06:32:13 AM »

thank you Robin,you're very nice man

But

robin didn't tell nothing new.and for me his letter had a bad sign

I'm little scepric about excisting of this band

I like a new guys,but in his letter i can smell the end of the band,and if it happen i will cry all month

I have never seen so many tree
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #118 on: April 24, 2007, 07:02:48 AM »

@gandra, dont worry. Band is still togather.

just read what robin said.

" The band was primed and pumped, production packed and shipped. "

no worries.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #119 on: April 24, 2007, 07:13:23 AM »

Anyone else think this is interesting?

Very. I actually think Robin said alot without saying alot if you read it within the context of what has been going on.

Thats what I was thinking and I honestly surprised that not alot of people have noticed that.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: