Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 20, 2024, 07:57:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228089 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  r ob i n update / statement
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: r ob i n update / statement  (Read 48843 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2007, 01:14:20 AM »

You don't know how much of it is his making and how much of it isn't.  You have no idea and you're speaking out of turn.  None of us knows anything about what has really gone on behind the scenes.  That's the only fact here.
so how can u say...
)  Yes, Axl failed to deliver the album in '06.  That's done now.  Why cry over spillt milk?  They've moved forward and made progress towards completing the album.  The recording loose ends have been tied up and the album is fully on to mixing and mastering.
2)  Yes, they cancelled some shows so they could work on the record.  That was certainly unfortunate.
3)  Tommy had a personal emergency that night.  That was stated on GN'R's website and there is no reason to doubt that.  He has a daughter, maybe something was going on with her that he had to take care of?  Maybe it's nothing sinister like you think?  If there really was something to that, why was he at the rehearsals for the Japan tour?
4)  People get injured all the time.  Axl was in a brace at the beginning of the UYI tour, remember?

I think making a record may be simple, but getting it out?  Not as simple in this case.  I think there are factors at play in this record's release that none of us know about and they are complicating things greatly
sorry but again its not rocket science//axl had from 96-2002 to figure out all the legalities of releasing a gnr album...and if thats not enough...he had another 3-4 yrs to get it done when the album was even closer....

Axl cant let go..its as simple as that..nothing more nothing less..he just cant let go...and until proven otherwise...THATS A FACT

Ok you guys come on now.. This has gone past Robin's letter and is about the past.

1) The cancelled January shows were addressed in a statement about a month before the shows
2) The release date posted was only TENTATIVE and that's the first time they gave any release date, regardless of the duration of the album
3) Tommy wasn't at the VERSACE gig because of personal problems that was made clear
4) Tommy broke his hand due to an unfortunate ACCIDENT.
5) ROBIN'S MESSAGE WAS JUST IN SYMPATHY BECAUSE HE IS DISAPPOINTED THAT FANS MISS OUT THAT'S ALL. NO secret message, NO inner dispute, NOTHING.

one day u will see the light

No, not a fact.  You don't know the man personally, you don't know what's going on behind the scenes.  You only know what you read.  That's not FACT.  That's SPECULATION.

Ali
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2007, 01:16:49 AM »

You don't know how much of it is his making and how much of it isn't.  You have no idea and you're speaking out of turn.  None of us knows anything about what has really gone on behind the scenes.  That's the only fact here.
so how can u say...
)  Yes, Axl failed to deliver the album in '06.  That's done now.  Why cry over spillt milk?  They've moved forward and made progress towards completing the album.  The recording loose ends have been tied up and the album is fully on to mixing and mastering.
2)  Yes, they cancelled some shows so they could work on the record.  That was certainly unfortunate.
3)  Tommy had a personal emergency that night.  That was stated on GN'R's website and there is no reason to doubt that.  He has a daughter, maybe something was going on with her that he had to take care of?  Maybe it's nothing sinister like you think?  If there really was something to that, why was he at the rehearsals for the Japan tour?
4)  People get injur

ed all the time.  Axl was in a brace at the beginning of the UYI tour, remember?

I think making a record may be simple, but getting it out?  Not as simple in this case.  I think there are factors at play in this record's release that none of us know about and they are complicating things greatly
sorry but again its not rocket science//axl had from 96-2002 to figure out all the legalities of releasing a gnr album...and if thats not enough...he had another 3-4 yrs to get it done when the album was even closer....

Axl cant let go..its as simple as that..nothing more nothing less..he just cant let go...and until proven otherwise...THATS A FACT

Ok you guys come on now.. This has gone past Robin's letter and is about the past.

1) The cancelled January shows were addressed in a statement about a month before the shows
2) The release date posted was only TENTATIVE and that's the first time they gave any release date, regardless of the duration of the album
3) Tommy wasn't at the VERSACE gig because of personal problems that was made clear
5) ROBIN'S MESSAGE WAS JUST IN SYMPATHY BECAUSE HE IS DISAPPOINTED THAT FANS MISS OUT THAT'S ALL. NO secret message, NO inner dispute, NOTHING.

No, not a fact.  You don't know the man personally, you don't know what's going on behind the scenes.  You only know what you read.  That's not FACT.  That's SPECULATION.

Ali

is everything you read then speculation? No matter what the topic is?

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Ali
Legend

« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2007, 01:17:10 AM »

sorry not buying it....maybe del james can one day "tell" us how it really is.... sike

You don't have to buy it.  You can speculate otherwise as much as you want.  That's the beauty of free will.  But, I guarantee you that Del James knows a helluva lot more about what has gone on in making this record than you or I ever will.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2007, 01:18:19 AM »

so how can u say...
4)  People get injur

ed all the time.  Axl was in a brace at the beginning of the UYI tour, remember?

Ali

is everything you read then speculation? No matter what the topic is?

Unless you have first hand knowledge or experience regarding the situation, or even have the words of someone with firsthand knowledge or experience, then yes, it is just speculation.

Ali
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2007, 01:19:07 AM »

i might not know all those things...i have a good idea but if u dont think so ill go with that....

but what i def do know is that
 I DONT HAVE CHINESE DEMOCRACY IN MY HANDS. Now for me personally I have been patiently waiting...and i do mean patient....for 7 yrs now....there are other weirdos who claim they have been patiently waiting for 10 yrs and some freaks out there claim to be waiting since the yr 1994. by my calculation thats 13yrs ago....

so with all that time and no product ...well.... no

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ben9785
« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2007, 01:21:07 AM »

Why is everybody arguing with each other?
We are sharing what we have HEARD, what we know
NOBODY knows what is happening behind the scenes, NOBODY knows whats going on within the band

NOBODY knows why the shows are really cancelled
NOBODY knows the serious extent of Tommy's hand injury
NOBODY knows why the album didn't come out on this particular date
NOBODY knows what exactly happened during the period of the cancelled January shows
NOBODY knows what conditioning Axl uses for his hair

Yknow what I mean?
We all go off what we know and what we hear and what we read and what we see.
There is no need to argue at each other, and there is no need to argue at the band
The information we've got is all we have and we can't change that right.

Take it easy everyone
No hard feelings around please

novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2007, 01:21:40 AM »

The statement isn't overly descriptive, but I still apprecitate it!!! I doubt Robin would even issue a statement unless the Tommy Stinson injury was real, otherwise everybody would probably keep hush hush! Just my opinion though!
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2007, 01:22:08 AM »

i might not know all those things...i have a good idea but if u dont think so ill go with that....

I DONT HAVE CHINESE DEMOCRACY IN MY HANDS. Now for me personally I have been patiently waiting...and i do mean patient....for 7 yrs now....there are other weirdos who claim they have been patiently waiting for 10 yrs and some freaks out there claim to be waiting since the yr 1994. by my calculation thats 13yrs ago....

freak here waiting since 91' for new, original material!!!!!

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2007, 01:25:48 AM »

for all who say o you dont know whats going on yada yada yada...u knwo what who the hell cares what is really going on behind the scenes.....like i said before, Axl has sucked out all the passion out of a lot of the die hards over the past yr ....this isnt fun anymore. and it prob isnt fun for some band members either....

If you think any1 but Axl is to blame then you need to start removing some of that wool

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Ali
Legend

« Reply #89 on: April 24, 2007, 01:28:23 AM »

No offense, but how can you have any better idea of what's gone on with GN'R the past decade than any of the rest of us?  We all check these boards regularly and are all sharing the same information, aren't we?

I don't have Chinese Democracy in my hands, either.  But, take a step a back and look at it like this:  This music on Chinese Democracy isn't ours to own and feel entitled to.  It is GN'R's music and if and when the time is right to share it with us, then great.  That will be a wonderful gift to be able to listen to that music, but it still won't be ours to own.  Just ours to listen to and enjoy.

Ali
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #90 on: April 24, 2007, 01:32:22 AM »

No offense, but how can you have any better idea of what's gone on with GN'R the past decade than any of the rest of us?  We all check these boards regularly and are all sharing the same information, aren't we?

I don't have Chinese Democracy in my hands, either.  But, take a step a back and look at it like this:  This music on Chinese Democracy isn't ours to own and feel entitled to.  It is GN'R's music and if and when the time is right to share it with us, then great.  That will be a wonderful gift to be able to listen to that music, but it still won't be ours to own.  Just ours to listen to and enjoy.

Ali

I don't know about you sir. but when I buy an album i own that fucking album.Seem more like you renting yours. might want to go and check some other cd shops.

The wait isn't big deal really it's all the cock teasing.that is the thing that gets old.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2007, 01:35:40 AM »

i was all for the when its ready stuff...and to a point i still am...but i feel that we are being treated way unfairly.

no shit the music isnt ours and its basically a privalege and an honor to want and hear a new gnr cd but forgive me for wanting to enjoy that music and wanting to hear music from a band i love. im sorry i just wanna rock out to some really creative and inspirational stuff. im sorry that i want to see this band play ALL the new stuff live, Im sorry im still pissed off that the delays basically caused buckethead to leave. im sorry that i wanna hear the song sorry...im sorry for a lot of things

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2007, 01:36:59 AM »

If Robin were some talentless hack he wouldnt give a fuck whether Chinese Democracy got released. If he were just some guy out for a cash grab looking to play cover tunes *kind of like Tommy Thayer for Kiss or whatever his name Is* Then he wouldn't care less about Axl and how long the album is taking.

I think he probably gets hurt by negativity and some fans inability to accept this band as Guns N Roses.

Remember he wrote music and contributed so much to Chinese Democracy its probably killing him to not be able to show people that he truly belongs in this band.

Imagine being a great musician and u know in your heart u have created an amazing album but cause of your lead singer and whatever obstacles he is going through u have to take shit, get bashed constantly and play some other guys guitar riffs and solos in which no matter how great u play them u will always remain the replacement guy.

Its not far fetched at all to think he is getting aggravated. ev ery man has a breaking point and I guess he realizes this latest set back does nothing but push the album back further.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2007, 02:01:15 AM »

he posted a kickass pic of him and tommy on stage in 'The Blind'  peace
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2007, 02:05:50 AM »

well cant say Ive been "waiting ".more anticipating,  and cant say Ive been waiting for CD, after 20 yrs, because of all the great times I have had over 20 yrs with GNR, but I do share a great bond and interest with many who really want this, to see this . Like the end of a great book , that lies a even better story to tell subsequently . And I understand the frustrations. Its fucking hard being fans, for sure, but honestly its been harder for me being a JET fan than GNR fan, lol. and yeah( BTW, youngunner,I see where I fucked uped.lol, I misslabled dvds,, and havent forgot , will send in time). Bottomline life goes on.

As passionate I am about GNR< Im passionate about my life also, and the people in it. and I take robins statement as frustration that shit happened , unforeseen, and I feel for the guys cause they were working their asses off for those shows they had to postpone. I don't think in anyway has anything to do with when CD will be released though.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2007, 02:10:16 AM »

i feel sorry for robin posting this letter and watch how some of you try to analyse it and destroy his message. just be glad you finally get something.
WhiteRose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2007, 02:32:20 AM »

Well, after reading the last five pages... I find it to be a rather sad state of affairs when such a tremendous lack of good communication on one end... can lead to such an overwhelming amount of doubt, speculation and over-analyzation on the other.

Here's a big thank-you to Robin (and especially to Ron) for taking the time to communicate with the fans. ?ok

A little communication can go a long way in helping to prevent problems and misunderstandings from occurring in the first place.

Cheers,
W.R.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2007, 02:37:46 AM »

read the letter again everyone and drop the blind loyalty.

I didn't read it with any bias or any preconceived notions and reading it made me feel uneasy for some reason.

Especially this part:

I too was psyched about the shows, planning to meet friends and family, watch the cherry blossom blossom etc. It is my wish that your bounce forward from here be one of a willful arc and opportunity. Believe me, I'm swallowing that very pill by your side
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 02:39:34 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Chief
Legend

« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2007, 02:43:31 AM »

yes you do have some true points here but what the hell does beta have to do with any of this??!

look at the facts:

1) Axl failed to deliver the album in 06
2) they cancel some jan shows so he can wrap the baby up and give it a proper release for sometime in march.april/may...never
3)remember that appearance they made with societys elite? who wasnt there playing bass?
4)Tommy breaks his hand? Just like Bucket was sick back in 01 lol
5)Cancel some more dates...just like they had to with bucket....
5)Tommy prob out, still no Cd..Robin is fed up like most of us
6)Robins memo

Axl has no1 to blame but himself...he might have all the right intentions but he has no clue how to get out of his own way. Beta might be the worste thing that has happened to Axl and GNR....

i really feel bad for tommy and robin...whether this ends the way i think or not...this is way out of line now...axl is mentally ill

who knows and more importantly who cares. I love the music they have made but Axl has stripped almost all the fun out of this "comeback"...he had all that myth and mystique all built up and he dropped the fukin ball....he did worse actually...hes turning off his die hards as each day goes by...its amazing to witness this. 7 fukin yrs .....he already chased bucket away now it appears as if the only 2 members that gave hime any foundation and loyalty are just about out the door. These 2 guys are class acts and extremely talented. And fukin loyal. They have taken so much shit for the past decade its not even funny. But they always had a smile on their faces and have created some great stuff...u would think when they go to Axl and they say enough is enough i dont wanna ply the same set and yank the chains of these poor fans u would think Axl would get smart real quick and listen....theres something wrong in that guys head...

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Apollon
Rocker

So bittersweet this tragedy...

« Reply #99 on: April 24, 2007, 03:13:43 AM »

First: Robin, if you're readig this... THANK YOU! You made a great comment and it's good to know that someone understands our frustration... Additionaly, if you are also feeling frastrated, hold on! You are one of the reason for many many people to be a fan... You are a big part why I am GnR addicted!? yes

Second: To the board: Don't let us panic... Yeah there ist frustration in Robins kind letter, and yeah he is also "swallowing that very pill". BUT, we don't know for sure whats happening... So let us think positive for this moment and hope that Australia will blow us all away.

Third: To GnR: Please release SOMETHING. It doesn't matter if it's a press release or a single or album. The situation is near pure desperation... Don't let us give up... Keep up with us und we will keep up with you!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: