Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 09:52:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  r ob i n update / statement
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: r ob i n update / statement  (Read 48735 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2007, 12:04:35 AM »

As usual the not so good vibes are hovering again.......

thanks robin for writing

Axl just doesnt get it....7 yrs have come and gone....hes so fukin lucky robin and tommy have stuck with him. Without them he doesnt get to jerk us around like hes been doing ....its the same old thing...

cant wait for the next press release from uncle axl...

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2007, 12:06:13 AM »

As usual the not so good vibes are hovering again.......

thank robin writing

Axl just doesnt get it....7 yrs have come and gone....hes so fukin lucky robin and tommy have stuck with him. Without them he doesnt get to jerk us around like hes doing now....

cant wait for the next press release from uncle axl...

how old are you? are you gonna live forever?Huh?

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2007, 12:08:01 AM »

I admit I got kind of a weird feeling reading that like their was an underlining jab of some sorts. Maybe I am reading too much into it also but It seemed a little more than just being upset over missing a few shows.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
cineater
Legend

« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2007, 12:09:53 AM »

Robin! ?

Yeah we're all bummed but made me feel better to hear from him. ?Thanks Robin.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2007, 12:10:12 AM »

I admit I got kind of a weird feeling reading that like their was an underlining jab of some sorts. Maybe I am reading too much into it also but It seemed a little more than just being upset over missing a few shows.

I agree... He seems pretty annoyed... But if this Tommy stuff is truly the reason, we're just probaly just thinking the worst!
ben9785
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2007, 12:11:26 AM »

He's probably annoyed from all the blasting he gets from people writing to him. I give up.
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2007, 12:12:57 AM »

I just hope that anyone that thought these cancellations were planned will shut the fuck up now.? They wouldn't have spent the money shipping their gear overseas if they knew they weren't going to show.

I guess Axl didn't want someone to replace Tommy, maybe in part because of the extremely limited time of bringing in the right person to sub for Tommy.? Plus, Tommy is the MD of the band.

Ali

What is MD ?!

Robin taked a jab at Axl with his conscience and? website comment.
He is dissapointed and unhappy with the situation.
Is not all good on the GNR camp for sure...
Thanks to put your face out and say somenthing Robin. ok

Ok KIKO2K6.. if you were being sarcastic with that last comment, don't take any notice of what I'm saying here.
But if you were serious about what you said about Robin, ok dude, MAJOR misunderstanding right there.
The reason Robin posted this, was in response to disappointed fans who had been contacting him about the cancellation of the shows, and probably things he read elsewhere.
Once again he didn't posted this for Axl, he didn't post this for management, he didn't post it for anybody's benefit. He posted it as an apology to the FANS and to the FANS only.
He is only trying to symathise with us.
If you haven't already seen it around the board, at this point GNR members are not in any position to speak or comment in any official capacity on behalf of the band/crew/management/promoters etc. It was a personal comment. He felt bad because he knows how disappointed and upset and angry the fans are right now, he just wanted to try and offer some reassurance.

He is not taking a jab at anybody.

HE IS SYMPATHISING WITH THE FANS, THAT IS ALL.

Please, don't start taking shots or having conspiracy theorys with Robin of all people.
He's the WRONG PERSON to be upset with.

I'm not saying this to suck up or stick up or try to overrule anybody. I just don't want you guys getting annoyed because I'm a fan just like you. Robin or Jarmo or anybody else wouldn't give a fuck what I have to say about this..

I am not taking shots on Robin,upset with him or making up conspiracy theorys...
I think Robin is a class act.

He wrote the letter to us fans cuz he is unhappy upset like us with all that shit situation.
He take a jab/hint to AXL with his conscience and ?website comment PERIOD.
That is like a see,that my opinion. ok

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2007, 12:13:39 AM »

The fact he didn't say a word about his friends freak accident and injury (no get well Tommy or anything) and instead used a cryptic sort of tone referring to whatever is going on should be a red flag.

Not to mention the way he used the idea of having a conscience associated with a website and "swallowing hard" are things that hint at it being beyond just the injury.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2007, 12:14:48 AM »

anyone who thinks this is a positive or ho hum message is nuts

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2007, 12:15:53 AM »

seems as though he is saying that he has to move on from the band even though he doesnt want to....he is "swallowing the pill" just like us...moving on from the band.........

You are reading way too much into what Robin wrote and trying to interpret his general state of mind on GN'R from one statement that is obviously written out of frustration.

Relax, take a breath.  Everything will be fine.

Ali
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2007, 12:16:22 AM »

The fact he didn't say a word about his friends freak accident and injury (no get well Tommy or anything) and instead used a cryptic sort of tone referring to whatever is going on should be a red flag.

Not to mention the way he used the idea of having a conscience associated with a website and "swallowing hard" are things that hint at it being beyond just the injury.

that is the feeling I got from the message.that something new come up that the band is having to deal with.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2007, 12:17:21 AM »

that good ol company line

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2007, 12:18:21 AM »

seems as though he is saying that he has to move on from the band even though he doesnt want to....he is "swallowing the pill" just like us...moving on from the band.........

You are reading way too much into what Robin wrote and trying to interpret his general state of mind on GN'R from one statement that is obviously written out of frustration.

Relax, take a breath.? Everything will be fine.

Ali

oh yeah, like its all been fine since they cancelled the january shows, march 6th came and went and these new shows are finished....oh, ok...

Ali
Legend

« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2007, 12:18:35 AM »

Why should he say anything about his friends injury when it was addressed on GN'R's website?  It's not like Robin used his own site to comment on Brain becoming a father, another important occurrence in a friend's life.

He's just frustrated at how things turned out.  Obviously they were all rehearsing and getting ready to play live and have fun doing so.

Ali
Ali
Legend

« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2007, 12:19:58 AM »

that good ol company line

Nope, not the company line.  Just a little perspective and logic and not jumping to conclusions prematurely.  That simple.

Ali
TurboTravis
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2007, 12:21:14 AM »

The best the fans can hope for at this time is that the band plays a show somewhat near where they live, and that The Blues and Chinese Democracy leak. The album is oviously never coming out.

T
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2007, 12:22:17 AM »

look at the facts:

1) Axl failed to deliver the album in 06
2) they cancel some jan shows so he can wrap the baby up and give it a proper release for sometime in march.april/may...never
3)remember that appearance they made with societys elite? who wasnt there playing bass?
4)Tommy breaks his hand? Just like Bucket was sick back in 01 lol
5)Cancel some more dates...just like they had to with bucket....
5)Tommy prob out, still no Cd..Robin is fed up like most of us
6)Robins memo

Axl has no1 to blame but himself...he might have all the right intentions but he has no clue how to get out of his own way. Beta might be the worste thing that has happened to Axl and GNR....

i really feel bad for tommy and robin...whether this ends the way i think or not...this is way out of line now...axl is mentally ill

who knows and more importantly who cares. I love the music they have made but Axl has stripped almost all the fun out of this "comeback"...he had all that myth and mystique all built up and he dropped the fukin ball....he did worse actually...hes turning off his die hards as each day goes by...its amazing to witness this. 7 fukin yrs .....he already chased bucket away now it appears as if the only 2 members that gave hime any foundation and loyalty are just about out the door. These 2 guys are class acts and extremely talented. And fukin loyal. They have taken so much shit for the past decade its not even funny. But they always had a smile on their faces and have created some great stuff...u would think when they go to Axl and they say enough is enough i dont wanna ply the same set and yank the chains of these poor fans u would think Axl would get smart real quick and listen....theres something wrong in that guys head...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 12:32:46 AM by younggunner » Logged

Ali
Legend

« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2007, 12:22:32 AM »

Ali

oh yeah, like its all been fine since they cancelled the january shows, march 6th came and went and these new shows are finished....oh, ok...

Yeah, they have been fine.  The band played some amazing shows in California after announcing the cancellations of the January shows.  Del gave us an update on the album's status and a freak injury to Tommy Stinson derailed this set of shows.  Shit happens all the time.  Unfortunately this time it was Tommy and it hurt GN'R.

Ali
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2007, 12:23:10 AM »

Im not denying that Tommy is really hurt. I am sure he is.

But Robin seems fed up.

I am from Kentucky and people overseas will not get this analogy at all but some in the US may.

Kentucky is the craziest College basketball State in the United States. we have 23,000 people show up JUST to watch practice.

anyhow we had this amazing coach that rebuilt our program and made us one of the greatest programs in NCAA history.
he leaves to coach a PRO team and we get a new coach.

That new coach won a championship his first year but after that the Fans hated him because he wasn't the old coach we had and loved.

Even though he won 26 out of 35 games a year, we ran him off and he quit this year.

No matter how great he did he was never fully appreciated and embraced.

Robin reminds me of this. No matter how much he kicks ass, no matter how great he plays, no matter how great he is to the fans, no matter how many awesome riffs and solos he comes up with, He will never be fully accepted and appreciated.

The fact that 6 years after Rock In Rio he is still playing predominantly Slash and Izzy riffs and solos has to frustrate and piss him off as a creative and proud guitar player.

I think he is getting fed up with Guns N Roses and the delays.

And honestly, I can't say I'd blame the guy.

I mean its been almost a decade and the guy has nothing to show for all his hard work.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2007, 12:23:39 AM »

look at the facts:

1) Axl failed to deliver the album in 06
2) they cancel some jan shows so he can wrap the baby up and give it a proper release
3)remember that appearance they made with societys elite? who wasnt there playing bass?
4) now he breaks his hand?
5)robins lil memo

i really feel bad for tommy and robin...whether this end the way i think or not...this is way out of line now...axl is mentally ill

finally someone that understands...just look at the facts and thats all you need to know....not gnr spin by mods........

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: