Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:57:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  22 Killed in US school Shooting
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 22 Killed in US school Shooting  (Read 43712 times)
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #160 on: April 17, 2007, 08:40:24 PM »

Here's the link...complete with GNR lyrics.  I can't wait to see the shitstorm this creates:

http://news.aol.com/virginia-tech-shootings/cho-seung-hui/_a/mr-brownstone-title-page/20070417141309990001

Peace,

SBM

God damn it.  You've got to be fucking kidding.  You just know some asshole will freak over this. 

"When the shit hits the fan, it was all I could stand."

By the way, for a senior English major, that's a pretty fuckin' horrible story.  I hope when our young mass murderer arrives at the pearly gates, Mr. Brownstone is once again there to fuck him over.  Asshole.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #161 on: April 17, 2007, 08:41:33 PM »

Britain's property crime has sky rocketed since the gun ban.

http://www.crimestatistics.org.uk/output/Page8.asp

just follow that link, thats official government figures on crime, backed by independent research - burglary has fallen from over 700,000 cases to 344,563 since 1993

The ban on gun clubs came during that period. In case you hadnt worked that out.

'Burglary in a dwelling' - Long-term national recorded crime trend

Here are some significant crime statistics from our most recent research, Crime in England and Wales 2005-2006:
shows the risk of being a victim of crime is 23% - the lowest level since the British Crime Survey began in 1981

reveals crime has fallen by 44%, representing 8.4 million fewer crimes
shows domestic burglary and all vehicle thefts falling by over a half (59% and 60% respectively) 

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/crime-victims/crime-statistics/?view=Standard

How does it feel to be revealed as clueless?

Enjoy Kiss

One again, Izzy here to spread lies and disinformation.  As you can see, Izzy's graph indicates burglary, not violent crime.  The chart shows crime steadily dropping since 1981.  The Britain gun law was not enacted until 1997, 16 years later.  To claim a correlation between the two is dishonest.  But WAIT FOLKS!!!!  Here is a BBC article: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/low/uk_news/1440764.stm that claims gun crime rose 40%!!!! after the 1997 gun ban in England.   So in other words, theft was steadily falling prior to the gun ban, conitnued to fall afterwards but at a slower rate and GUN CRIME ROSE 40%!!!! after the ban.

Enjoy  Kiss

I'm not familiar with these figures, but I do have a hypothesis that if we remove all penises, we can reduce rape by 100%!

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
« Reply #162 on: April 17, 2007, 08:46:23 PM »

if we remove all penises, we can reduce rape by 100%!

However, restroom-cleanliness-related domestic violence would go up significantly.
cliffburton
« Reply #163 on: April 17, 2007, 08:47:24 PM »

I'm not familiar with these figures, but I do have a hypothesis that if we remove all penises, we can reduce rape by 100%!

You sir have forgotten about stap ons and other forms of penetration. Although I have no doubt some of our members would support castration to end rape.
« Reply #164 on: April 17, 2007, 08:50:45 PM »

I have no doubt some of our members would support castration to end rape.

Bet you can't find one (1).
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #165 on: April 17, 2007, 08:52:46 PM »

Democrats signal wariness on gun laws

WASHINGTON - Democratic congressional leaders signaled Tuesday that they will not move swiftly to try to enact gun control legislation in the wake of Monday?s killings of 33 people at Virginia Tech.

In a briefing for reporters Tuesday, House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer of Maryland did not commit himself to action on any specific legislation.

?The country and the Congress will have additional discussions, as is always the case after an incident, particularly one of this scope and tragic consequences,? said Hoyer. He added, ?I don?t want to get into a debate with reference to what we need to do? in terms of legislation merely 24 hours after the shootings.

But in what may be an early test of House sentiment on gun regulation, Hoyer said the Democratic leadership would bring up for debate on Thursday a bill that would give the District of Columbia?s non-voting delegate the same voting rights that representatives have.

Attempt to overturn D.C. gun ban
A House vote on that bill was delayed last month by a GOP maneuver that would have overturned the District?s nearly total ban on gun possession.

When a reporter asked Hoyer whether Monday?s shooting would make it harder for the Republicans to again try to use the gun ban to derail the representation bill, he said, ?I would hope.?

But it wasn?t clear whether there will be a vote on overturning the D.C. gun ban or whether Democratic leaders will use a parliamentary tactic to avoid a vote.

Many Democrats shied away from discussing gun policy proposals Tuesday, saying it would be unseemly so soon after the massacre.

Asked whether Congress should reenact a 1994 ban on certain types of semi-automatic weapons, freshman Sen. Jon Tester, D?Montana said, ?Really, to talk about anything to do with weapons at this point is way, way, way too insensitive and way, way, way too premature.?

Elected last November, Tester is a strong supporter of gun owners? rights.

Caution from Montana Democrat
His Montana colleague, Sen. Max Baucus, who is up for re-election next year and who voted in 2004 against extending the ban on certain types of semi-automatic weapons, sounded a note of caution, ?Let?s just let people think a little bit about all of this. All of this requires a lot of careful thought? let?s get more information first.?

Sen. Charles Schumer, D- N.Y., told reporters, ?When I feel it?s appropriate ? which will be in a few days after we get over the grieving and all of that ? I?ll talk about it.?

Schumer spearheaded Democratic efforts to regulate guns when he served in the House in the 1990s. But last year as head of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee he made a point of supporting strong gun rights advocates as Senate candidates in GOP-dominated states.

Schumer?s pick in Montana, Tester, told one sportsmen?s group during the campaign, according to the Associated Press, ?I am pro-gun, I've got a lot of ?em. And what I tell folks is because of the Patriot Act we damn well better keep ?em."

In Virginia, Democratic candidate Jim Webb was likewise a supporter of gun owners? rights.

Webb had argued in his 2004 book ?Born Fighting? that Al Gore?s ?position on gun control cost him the election (in 2000), not in Florida but in the Scots-Irish redoubts of Tennessee and West Virginia, both of which through history and logic should have been slam-dunk electoral votes in his favor.?

In his second debate with Bush in 2000, Gore had boasted that he?d cast the tie-breaking Senate vote on a bill to curb sales at gun shows.

Webb on Monday called the Virginia Tech shootings ?an incredible human tragedy,? but like other members of Congress did not address legislation or policy.

Last month Webb used the arrest of one his aides for unwittingly carrying a gun into a Senate office building to underscore his support for gun owners? rights.

When asked if he thought the D.C. gun ban should be overturned, Webb stressed his support for the Second Amendment and added, ?I believe the Virginia law (which allows law-abiding people to carry guns) is a fair law. I believe that wherever you see laws that allow people to carry (weapons), generally the violence goes down.?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18138352/

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #166 on: April 17, 2007, 08:55:17 PM »

I post this story for two reasons:

1.) Even though I am moderately pro-gun, it illustrates that nothing will get done politically as long as it could be costly at the polls. 

2.) For those pointing out the paranoia of the pro-gun opinion that they're the last defense against the overreaching of the government, italicized is a quote from a Democratic Senator who seems to share that position.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
cliffburton
« Reply #167 on: April 17, 2007, 09:07:56 PM »

I applaud our leaders for taking a rationale stance on this tragedy and not acting on emotion like our friends across the pond.
« Reply #168 on: April 17, 2007, 09:09:32 PM »

Quite. If only they'd shown the same restraint consistently for the last six years. Or more, depending on your point of view.   
GeraldFord
« Reply #169 on: April 17, 2007, 10:42:37 PM »

Here is his play "Mr. Brownstone."

http://news.aol.com/virginia-tech-shootings/cho-seung-hui/_a/mr-brownstone-title-page/20070417141309990001
cliffburton
« Reply #170 on: April 17, 2007, 11:09:42 PM »

More info from Izzy's own source.? Is selective reading a possibility?? ?I THINK SO......

'Violent crime' - Long-term national recorded crime trend

?

Source: Research Development & Statistics (CRCSG) Home Office

There were 1,220,198 recorded violent crimes in 2005/06, an increase of? two per cent.
Of these, 17 per cent were common assault (including assault on a constable) and 20 cent harassment, both of which involve no physical injury to the victim.? In addition, many of the 'less serious woundings' (43 per cent of violent crime) will have resulted in minor injuries, such as bruises, grazes and black eyes.
Understanding the chart

Numbers of recorded crimes are affected by changes in reporting and recording practices.? Expanded coverage and revised Counting Rules came into effect in April 1998. The National Crime Recording Standard was introduced nationally in April 2002. The national impact in 2002/03 was estimated to be 20% per cent for all violent crime.
Data for the British Transport Police are included from 2002/03 onwards.

http://www.crimestatistics.org.uk/output/page66.asp

---

Again, keep in mind the gun ban was put into affect in 1997.? Granted they changed their measuring standard in 1998 which I will assume account for the drastic jump, but look at how it continually raises.? ?If you think britain is bad, just wait to see Austrailia's increase in crime - you ain't seen nothing yet.

I say again Izzy.? How does it feel to be revealed as clueless and a pompous asshole who's been called out?? Kiss
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 11:12:37 PM by Ageless Stranger » Logged
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #171 on: April 17, 2007, 11:52:26 PM »

I read it earlier, disturbing and weird. AND he added almost all of the lyrics to Mr. Brownstone,  Sad
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #172 on: April 18, 2007, 03:01:08 AM »

Here's some more stats from justfacts.com and gunfacts.com.

Americans use firearms to defend themselves from criminals at least 764,000 times a year. This figure is the lowest among a group of 9 nationwide surveys done by organizations including Gallup and the Los Angeles Times.

Washington D.C. enacted a virtual ban on handguns in 1976. Between 1976 and 1991, Washington D.C.'s homicide rate rose 200%, while the U.S. rate rose 12%

Myth: If it saves the life of one child, it is worth it
Fact:
Firearms in private hands are used 2.5 million times each year to prevent crime, or 6,849 times every day 138, including rapes, aggravated assaults, and kidnapping. The number of innocent children protected by firearm owning parents far outweighs the number hurt by guns.

Myth: Assault weapons are a serious problem in the U.S.
Fact:
In 1994, before the Federal "assault weapons ban", you were eleven (11) times more likely to be beaten to death than to be killed by an ?assault weapon?.142 In the first year since the
ban was lifted, murders declined 3.6%, and violent crime 1.7%.143

Fact:
Nationally, ?assault weapons? were used in 1.4% of crimes involving firearms and 0.25% of all violent crime before the enactment of any national or state ?assault weapons? ban. In
many major urban areas (San Antonio, Mobile, Nashville, etc.) and some entire states (Maryland, New Jersey, etc.) the rate is less than 0.1%144

Fact:
Even weapons misclassified as ?assault weapons? (common in the former Federal and California "assault weapons" confiscations) are used in less than 1% of all homicides.

Myth: Banning ?Saturday Night Specials? reduces crime
Fact:
This was the conclusion of the Johns Hopkins University Center for Gun Policy and Research ? and it is wrong. They studied firearm homicide rates from Maryland after passage of a Saturday Night Special ban in 1998. Seems the firearm homicide rate has gone up and stayed
up, while the homicide rate declined over the rest of the country.241

Fact:
Even banning guns does not slow down criminals. In the U.K., where private ownershipof firearms is practically forbidden, criminals have and use guns regularly, and even build their own. One enterprising fellow converted 170 starter?s pistols to functioning firearms and sold them to gangs. Hundreds of such underground gun factories have been established, contributing
to a 35% jump in gun violence.

Myth: Private ownership of guns is not effective in
preventing crime
Fact:
Every year, people in the United States use a gun to defend themselves against criminals an estimated 2,500,000 times ? more than 6,500 people a day, or once every 13 seconds.264 Of
these instances, 15.6% of the people using a firearm defensively stated that they "almost certainly" saved their lives by doing so.

Firearms are used 60 times more often to protect lives than to take lives.
Fact:
In 83.5% (2,087,500) of these successful gun defenses, the attacker either threatened or used force first, proving that guns are very well suited for self-defense.

Fact:
Of the 2,500,000 times citizens use guns to defend themselves, 92% merely brandish their gun or fire a warning shot to scare off their attackers.

Fact:
Less than 8% of the time does a citizen wound his or her attacker, and in less than one in a thousand instances is the attacker killed.265

Fact:
For every accidental death, suicide or homicide with a firearm, 10 lives are saved through defensive use.

Fact:
When using guns in self-defense266:

?
83% of robbery victims were not injured

?
88% of assault victims were not hurt

?
76% of all self-defense use of guns never involve firing a single shot

Fact:
After the implementation of Canada's 1977 gun controls prohibiting handgun possession for protection, the ?breaking and entering? crime rate rose 25%, surpassing the American rate.267

Myth: Only police should have guns
Fact:
?. . .most criminals are more worried about meeting an armed victim than they are about running into the police.?268

Fact:
11% of police shootings kill an innocent person - about 2% of shootings by citizens kill an innocent person.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #173 on: April 18, 2007, 03:04:29 AM »

U ARE A FUCKIN PUSSY that would probably stand by or run away and let someone rape your mother.

and you are a delusional little macho fuck with no clue on reality.
long as you talk about how i'd watch my mother get raped, here is what i'd stand by and watch:
if i had the chance to save you from drowning i would easily walk away. have a goodd ay now.

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #174 on: April 18, 2007, 03:09:14 AM »

^
I'd never drown cause I wouldn't go deep into waters without a life jacket. U are calling me an ignorant whatever u spewed out cause I said I would've been active and not just let someone kill me. whats wrong with sayin that? I value my life way too much to let some asshole take it without a fight. Im not tryin to sound tough or macho, I am just tellin it like it is. Pussies like u would r un and hide and let your friends die.

I wouldnt, id do whatever possible to save lives.

Va Tech passed a law banning faculty from carrying concealed handguns that they had been properly trained to use. If the faculty had their guns, 20 some people would've been saved.

So I hate the bullshit gun control argument.

Our Death rate by Handguns is an inflated statistic thanks to Gangs and other groups who illegally obtain firearms and use them for crime.

I guarantee the crime rate for registered handguns is extremely low.? U outlaw guns and the United States would be overran with crime.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 03:11:14 AM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #175 on: April 18, 2007, 03:12:18 AM »

i guess you are prepared for anything, huh?
what will it take for you to understand that human beings react differently in situations with extreme danger that come unexpected than they would in their dreams where they are not stricken with fear?
i bet you would just be waiting for a gunman to enter the room so you could put him in a headlock, huh? what are you he-man? understand that panic and fear is a factor most people cannot control in these situations, no matter how much tv they watch.

edit: i can't believe you debate by saying i'd let my mother get raped and my friends die.

mr. tough macho talker over the internet, the only person i would let die is you.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 03:14:08 AM by 90 Days » Logged

buckethead stops now!

rofl
« Reply #176 on: April 18, 2007, 03:13:28 AM »

Our Death rate by Handguns is an inflated statistic thanks to Gangs and other groups who illegally obtain firearms and use them for crime.

That's the stupidest thing I've read today. I bet the murder statistics are unfairly inflated by serial killings and mass murder too? Because they don't really count, right?
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #177 on: April 18, 2007, 03:15:18 AM »

That's the stupidest thing I've read today. I bet the murder statistics are unfairly inflated by serial killings and mass murder too? Because they don't really count, right?

what do you expect from this machoman, his manhood depends on defending his country's gunlaws.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
« Reply #178 on: April 18, 2007, 03:17:40 AM »

Well, that's probably not true.
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #179 on: April 18, 2007, 03:21:32 AM »

Afraid so.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: