Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 09:05:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  The GN'R vs Nirvana thread
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The GN'R vs Nirvana thread  (Read 67465 times)
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #260 on: May 07, 2006, 06:33:40 PM »

Axl is still alive. So far as long as he is it bodes well, maybe.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #261 on: May 08, 2006, 02:32:41 PM »

He and Nirvana have to be the most grossly overrated band of the past few decades.

What's truly sad is that if you die earlier than expected (even if you kill yourself), you are treated as an immortal by a generation of mindless mtv viewers.

agree with all this........ 

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
Carlos_f_Rose
« Reply #262 on: May 08, 2006, 06:14:22 PM »

What about the singer of INXS?

slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #263 on: May 09, 2006, 12:20:21 PM »

coinsidence but no comparison

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
GNR - CROATIA
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #264 on: May 09, 2006, 12:45:57 PM »

OK,   I really find it disturbing that people always make an contribution on such topics by saying that the guy they liked more is automatically better,  which is - silly,  to say say the list.
Irritated by most comments here,  I'll try to explain my view...
Axl was huuuuggeee Nirvana fan (Kurt wasn't GNR fan, cause hew felt that Axl' tantrums,  sexist and homophobic lyrics are stupid and immature...  Many GNR fans including myself,  felt the same).
Without calling Axl a name,   Axl used to wear Nirvana  cap all the time when they became big (you can see that in Don't cry video when 3 Axl's appear).
He invited Nirvana to play with GNR and Metallica during their summer '92 tour.
As Nirvana turned the offer down,   Axl began to rent about them and burned Nirvana hat on stage.
How immature is that!?
After all,  not only was it Kurt decision who he will play with,  but it turned out be rather smart one too.
We all know how that tour ended and in what relations have Metallica ended up with Axl.
Is there anyone on this planet that stayed with Axl in good realtions??
Back in the days,  I preffered GNR following Nirvana and Smashing Pumpkins.
Later on,   Nirvana and Smashing Pumpkins left GNR behind by 1 % (needless to say,  due to Axl).
However,   all three are excellent bands.
Kurt did call GNR homophobic and sexist band,   though,  as he remained in good realtions with everyone apart from Axl (Duff was the last celeb to see him alive and offered him a ride home from the airport),   that was most probably to piss Axl off,  as that is very easy to do...
Nirvana and SP had far deeper lyrics.
GNR songs were often plagued by Axl'  unlistenable tantrums (Back off bitch and One in a million are perfect examples of songs ruined by haterate lyrics).
To sum it all up,  Axl,  although a weirdoel,  was better off as he was left by his girlfriends/wifes due to beatings,  Kurt was murdered by Courtney due to upcoming devorce where she would loose half of what she could have as a widow.     Actually,  Courtney is famous for murdering people who plan on leaving her.
What was the name of her bassist found dead only few months earlier???
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #265 on: May 09, 2006, 04:04:27 PM »

i love axl's lyrics, they are clever, they are metaphoric

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #266 on: May 09, 2006, 04:13:10 PM »

Buddy, Axl's lyrics are about as deep as you can get.  And GN'R weren't plagued by Axl's temper and tantrums.  That anger and aggression made the band what it was.  Without it they would not have been what they were.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #267 on: October 02, 2006, 01:46:35 AM »

the whole thing was poltical...is it any coincidence that Kurt Cobain also had a problem with Sebastian Bach over a t shirt he wore? thats all it was...kurt was a hardcore liberal and he felt that Axl was  some stupid redneck who hated gays and women...if kurt was not so judgemental and actually took a look at what Axl Rose was trying to do and the points he was trying to get across kurt would have realized that he was wrong...kurt judged Axl based off of "one in a million"..i dont know what Axls political views are exactly but i do think that kurt judged axl without even really knowing him
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #268 on: October 02, 2006, 03:38:53 AM »

Man, it's not so deep. Political? Who cared about politic? I think that Kurt didn't understand what exactly GN'R is. Simple example:
Kurt was like - everyone knows I'm doing drugs but I won't tell anybody 'cause that's nothing to write home about.
Axl and GN'R at all on the other side were like - Who gives a fuck about the world? I'm feeling bad so that's why I'm doping!

Delete the post if you wish. I'm fuckin' doped and I don't know what's going on...hehe

"...It don't really matter..."
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #269 on: October 04, 2006, 11:53:19 PM »

I disagree, it was very political...kurt was a very liberal guy and he called axl a "homophobe, racist, and a sexist"  Those things bothered kurt...but I think kurt jumped the gun on calling axl all of those things,, where is his evidence?
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #270 on: October 05, 2006, 02:00:12 AM »

OK,   I really find it disturbing that people always make an contribution on such topics by saying that the guy they liked more is automatically better,  which is - silly,  to say say the list.
Irritated by most comments here,  I'll try to explain my view...
Axl was huuuuggeee Nirvana fan (Kurt wasn't GNR fan, cause hew felt that Axl' tantrums,  sexist and homophobic lyrics are stupid and immature...  Many GNR fans including myself,  felt the same).
Without calling Axl a name,   Axl used to wear Nirvana  cap all the time when they became big (you can see that in Don't cry video when 3 Axl's appear).
As Nirvana turned the offer down,   Axl began to rent about them and burned Nirvana hat on stage.
How immature is that!?
After all,  not only was it Kurt decision who he will play with,  but it turned out be rather smart one too.
We all know how that tour ended and in what relations have Metallica ended up with Axl.
Back in the days,  I preffered GNR following Nirvana and Smashing Pumpkins.
Later on,   Nirvana and Smashing Pumpkins left GNR behind by 1 % (needless to say,  due to Axl).
However,   all three are excellent bands.
Kurt did call GNR homophobic and sexist band,   though,  as he remained in good realtions with everyone apart from Axl (Duff was the last celeb to see him alive and offered him a ride home from the airport),   that was most probably to piss Axl off,  as that is very easy to do...
GNR songs were often plagued by Axl'  unlistenable tantrums (Back off bitch and One in a million are perfect examples of songs ruined by haterate lyrics).
To sum it all up,  Axl,  although a weirdoel,  was better off as he was left by his girlfriends/wifes due to beatings,  Kurt was murdered by Courtney due to upcoming devorce where she would loose half of what she could have as a widow.     Actually,  Courtney is famous for murdering people who plan on leaving her.

Suddenly your opinion sounds much less valid.  Roll Eyes. Sounds like someones a hard core Kurt fan eh? HE KILLED HIMSELF. Get over it.  hihi

Anyways.. I'd rather listen to Axl's "unlistenable tantrums" than have him hold his tounge and be politically correct like everyone eles. Haven't you heard Don't Damn Me? I think thats what the whole song is about last time I checked. Axl spoke his mind.. and thats why people either liked him... or hated him.

gnrevolution.com
shoup
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #271 on: October 05, 2006, 03:47:26 AM »

Oh christ, this discussion is so 1992. Roll Eyes
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #272 on: October 05, 2006, 12:51:24 PM »

OK,? ?I really find it disturbing that people always make an contribution on such topics by saying that the guy they liked more is automatically better,? which is - silly,? to say say the list.
Irritated by most comments here,? I'll try to explain my view...
Axl was huuuuggeee Nirvana fan (Kurt wasn't GNR fan, cause hew felt that Axl' tantrums,? sexist and homophobic lyrics are stupid and immature...? Many GNR fans including myself,? felt the same).
Without calling Axl a name,? ?Axl used to wear Nirvana? cap all the time when they became big (you can see that in Don't cry video when 3 Axl's appear).
As Nirvana turned the offer down,? ?Axl began to rent about them and burned Nirvana hat on stage.
How immature is that!?
After all,? not only was it Kurt decision who he will play with,? but it turned out be rather smart one too.
Back in the days,? I preffered GNR following Nirvana and Smashing Pumpkins.
Later on,? ?Nirvana and Smashing Pumpkins left GNR behind by 1 % (needless to say,? due to Axl).
However,? ?all three are excellent bands.
Kurt did call GNR homophobic and sexist band,? ?though,? as he remained in good realtions with everyone apart from Axl (Duff was the last celeb to see him alive and offered him a ride home from the airport),? ?that was most probably to piss Axl off,? as that is very easy to do...
GNR songs were often plagued by Axl'? unlistenable tantrums (Back off bitch and One in a million are perfect examples of songs ruined by haterate lyrics).
To sum it all up,? Axl,? although a weirdoel,? was better off as he was left by his girlfriends/wifes due to beatings,? Kurt was murdered by Courtney due to upcoming devorce where she would loose half of what she could have as a widow.? ? ?Actually,? Courtney is famous for murdering people who plan on leaving her.

Suddenly your opinion sounds much less valid.? Roll Eyes. Sounds like someones a hard core Kurt fan eh? HE KILLED HIMSELF. Get over it.? hihi

Anyways.. I'd rather listen to Axl's "unlistenable tantrums" than have him hold his tounge and be politically correct like everyone eles. Haven't you heard Don't Damn Me? I think thats what the whole song is about last time I checked. Axl spoke his mind.. and thats why people either liked him... or hated him.

I agree. Well said.

I like Nirvana (not as much as GNR obviously) but when Cobain said that GNR were "so obviously pathetic and untalented" and that "they're really talentless people, and they write crap music...", it comes across almost as if he was jealous.

I'm still trying to work out what Smells Like Teen Spirit is about.? hihi

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #273 on: October 13, 2006, 08:54:29 PM »

OK, I'm sure this has been posted here in the Dead Horse before, but I don't feel like looking for it outside of the first page. Cobain said this about GN'R way back in the day:

AD: Is there anything about Guns N' Roses' music you like?

KC: I can't think of a damn thing. I can't even waste my time on that band, because they're so obviously pathetic and untalented. I used to think that everything in the mainstream pop world was crap, but now that some underground bands have been signed with majors, I take Guns N' Roses as more of an offense. I have to look into it more: They're really talentless people, and they write crap music, and they're the most popular rock band on the earth.

AD: Does he [Axl Rose] remind you of guys you went to high school with?

KC: Absolutely. Really confused, fucked-up guys. There's not much hope for them.

And ironically, I think Cobain is one of the most overrated musicians ever. He's not a great guitarist, and yet somehow effin' Rolling Stone Magazine listed him above a ton of great players like Slash, David Gilmour, Eddie Van Halen, etc. His vocals are annoying as fuck in general (the song "You Know You're Right" has the single most annoying outro vocals EVER. Axl's vocals can get annoying (like the end of "Don't Cry"), but nothing touches Cobain for having annoying vocals. He also doesn't really have much range at all. To call Axl and the rest of GN'R talentless is a load of bullshit and I'm sure even he knew it as he said it.

And then there's his little "confused, fucked-up...not much hope" comment. Wow. Just wow. Hypocritical crap like that is hilarious to read. What's even funnier is he's (likely) burning in hell for committing suicide (I said 'likely' because there is a possibility the conspiracy theories could be true...we'll never know).

I always thought Nirvana was fuckin' overrated as hell. I like their music alright and consider them a good band, but Cobain himself is/was a hypocrite and definitely so overrated it's not even funny.

*Note: For those who are going to bash me for not having heard about this until now, you should know that I was only a little kid when all this garbage was going on. I didn't even know anything about music in general, much less GN'R or Nirvana at the time. I've been a rock music fan for the last 6 or 7 years, and almost immediately I became a GN'R fan. I did know before reading this that there was a feud between Axl and Cobain, but I didn't realize why. Now I fully realize why. If I were Axl I would be pissed at him too. In any event, I just happened to stumble across the interview when reading about "Don't Cry" on Wikipedia, where there was a mention of a Nirvana hat being in the video.*
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 09:03:16 PM by GNRfan2008 » Logged
AtariLegend
« Reply #274 on: October 13, 2006, 09:09:13 PM »

Nirvana were a great band, but it sickens me to think that the great Kurt actually said those things. Wasn't Duff the last person known to have seen him alive, didn't he once comment on Slash and say somthing compltely differnet in his published scrap book. Axl liked Nirvana, people who think Nirvana were better than GNR should take note.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 09:12:05 PM by AtariLegend » Logged
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #275 on: October 13, 2006, 09:10:25 PM »

Nirvana were a great band, but it sickens me to think that the great Kurt actually said those things. Wasn't Duff the last person known to have seen him alive, didn't he was coment on Slash and say somthing compltely differnet in his published scrap book. Axl liked Nirvana, people who think Nirvana were better than GNR should take note.

http://www.nirvana-music.com/kurt-cobain-advocate-interview.html

Well, according to that, he hated GN'R.
AtariLegend
« Reply #276 on: October 13, 2006, 09:17:59 PM »

He is insane, though. I was scared. I couldn't possibly beat him up; I know he would beat me up if he had the chance. - Kurt Cobain
lcg
« Reply #277 on: October 13, 2006, 09:25:03 PM »

It's shocking that Kurt said these things about GN'R. Even if you hate GN'R and/or Axl you have to admit they were very talented and the lyrics are talented. Kurt imo is an extremely overrated musician and Nirvana is just as overrated. GN'R own Nirvana lyrically, musically, vocally etc. and I'm not just saying that as GN'R fan. Axl tried to make ends meet with Kurt, but Kurt just threw it back in his face. Kurt was a very jealous man.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 09:36:16 PM by LCG » Logged
lcg
« Reply #278 on: October 13, 2006, 09:35:25 PM »

Wasn't Duff the last person known to have seen him alive.
Duff sat next to Kurt on a flight to Seattle a week before Kurt commited suicide.
AtariLegend
« Reply #279 on: October 13, 2006, 09:38:11 PM »

With such GNR negativity, the interview is right to be called the darkside
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: