Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 11:39:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228107 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Iran seizes 15 British Navy Personnel
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Iran seizes 15 British Navy Personnel  (Read 23518 times)
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2007, 06:27:34 PM »

hmmm im sorry..... i guess britian is not fighting and loosing troops? nor canada, nor the dutch, nor the germans, nor the french, nor teh spanish, nor the SK's nor the aussies, nor the japs, nor any other number of countries actively fighting this war. and like i said before if there is no real country to target, then the war is fought everywhere, in many differnet ways. local police and nationl investigations tracking down cells in their own countries and such..... But i guess you are blind to the other countires bleeding fighting this war as well?

You mean the other countries who contributed token forces and have since backed-out, announcing phased or complete withdrawals from the actual theater of the actual war?

And I'm sorry but if you're going to count law enforcement and intelligence agencies counteracting terrorism as "waging war" then every civilization in recorded history has been fighting the same war. To most of the world terrorism isn't a fun new concept, we've all been trying to avoid being senselessly killed by people with grudges for a long, long time. At least, since long before 9/11.

Comparing "the war on terror" to trench warfare at the beginning of the 20th century or a land, air, and sea war which saw the deaths of tens of millions of people in six short years is pure political hackery.

you my friend need to do some research on all nations in the war on terror.... then come back...... oh and token forces?..... compare it to teh size and type of armed forces that they have.

you sir need to do research. The British fully supported the invasion of Afghanistan, but have since taken thousands of their troops out of Iraq. 45,000 were present at the start, 7,100 are their now.

If Britian declares war on Iraq there will none of this messing around. The forces of Iraq will be hopeless.

directed at me or 25?

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2007, 06:28:40 PM »

hmmm im sorry..... i guess britian is not fighting and loosing troops? nor canada, nor the dutch, nor the germans, nor the french, nor teh spanish, nor the SK's nor the aussies, nor the japs, nor any other number of countries actively fighting this war. and like i said before if there is no real country to target, then the war is fought everywhere, in many differnet ways. local police and nationl investigations tracking down cells in their own countries and such..... But i guess you are blind to the other countires bleeding fighting this war as well?

You mean the other countries who contributed token forces and have since backed-out, announcing phased or complete withdrawals from the actual theater of the actual war?

And I'm sorry but if you're going to count law enforcement and intelligence agencies counteracting terrorism as "waging war" then every civilization in recorded history has been fighting the same war. To most of the world terrorism isn't a fun new concept, we've all been trying to avoid being senselessly killed by people with grudges for a long, long time. At least, since long before 9/11. 

Comparing "the war on terror" to trench warfare at the beginning of the 20th century or a land, air, and sea war which saw the deaths of tens of millions of people in six short years is pure political hackery.   

you my friend need to do some research on all nations in the war on terror.... then come back...... oh and token forces?..... compare it to teh size and type of armed forces that they have.

you sir need to do research. The British fully supported the invasion of Afghanistan, but have since taken thousands of their troops out of Iraq. 45,000 were present at the start, 7,100 are their now.

If Britian declares war on Iraq there will none of this messing around. The forces of Iraq will be hopeless.

The UK forces would get annihilated by Iran if they went it alone. We might be able to successfully invade Iceland for example, but not a major military power halfway around the world. And enough with the SAS already, we don't even know where they are.

iran doesnt have a proper army, its just got terrorists.

and half built nukes. we should wipe them out with some well place strategic missles.

html sucks
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2007, 06:38:24 PM »

and half built nukes. we should wipe them out with some well place strategic missles.

Sure. That worked out wonderfully in Afghanistan and Iraq, what could possibly go wrong?!

Oh, you mean nuke them? That would be great! Then all of the troops could come home! Horizontally! (Or in tiny ziplock baggies.)
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2007, 06:43:29 PM »

Have you ever read a book? Just curious.

Yeah, let's start a nuclear war over 15 servicemen who aren't dead or even injured.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2007, 08:22:03 AM »

Why hasnt America waded in an expressed its solidarity with Britain?

Bloody typical, they stand on the sidelines, but if this involved US troops they'd demand British support and unquestionably get it

Quick! To the bandwagon!
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2007, 09:51:45 AM »

Bloody typical, they stand on the sidelines, but if this involved US troops they'd demand British support and unquestionably get it

Take it easy  - America has Britain's back ..period. It does'nt need to be announced - and if Bush or C.Rice did come out and talk tough right now they would get blasted by both the US and British press for trying to use this situation for their own benefit.

I'm sure Blair and Bush have already spoken about this, and Blair told him to lay low while they try to work it out -

Bush & Cheney have been salivating for a REASON to bomb those fucking nuke sites - 
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2007, 11:27:10 AM »

Take it easy  - America has Britain's back ..period. It does'nt need to be announced - and if Bush or C.Rice did come out and talk tough right now they would get blasted by both the US and British press for trying to use this situation for their own benefit.

I'm sure Blair and Bush have already spoken about this, and Blair told him to lay low while they try to work it out -

Bush & Cheney have been salivating for a REASON to bomb those fucking nuke sites - 

Izzy, make up your mind, do you want the US getting involved in every international affair (as many people criticize us for doing) or can we just let other countries handle their own business from time to time.  Plus, as comamotive says i think it goes without saying the US would back the UK in a heartbeat.  This is probably GOOD news for Bush, Cheney and the rest of the cowboys on the ranch.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2007, 02:29:53 PM »

I like how it's all " NO WE WEREN'T IN ILLEGAL WATERS ! we were in Iraqi waters ! " ..... ahahah .

it's like " NO, Mr Judge, i was not stealing that house, i was stealing that other one ...." Smiley

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2007, 02:54:42 PM »

I like how it's all " NO WE WEREN'T IN ILLEGAL WATERS ! we were in Iraqi waters ! " ..... ahahah .

it's like " NO, Mr Judge, i was not stealing that house, i was stealing that other one ...." Smiley

do you realize how little sense your post makes?

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2007, 02:58:35 PM »

Hmm...Iran gave an initial position of the arrest that is within Iraqi waters.  They later revised it so that it was in Iranian waters. 

So it's more like "Mr. Judge, we caught him at the crime scene, which is two miles from the crime scene."  Yeah...that makes sense.  Iranian credibility is low on this one. 

I agree with the other comments that their's an unspoken rule that the US has Britain's back.  If, God forbid, one of those sailor's showed up headless in some alley, there'd be Hell to pay (which is convenient for Iran, since the US is the Great Satan!).

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2007, 03:02:23 PM »

This is wrong.  You can't fight a eight year war (Iran-Iraq war, 1980-1988) with "terrorists" as your army. 

Yes.  I agree.  Air superiority to win a war.  It didn't work in Vietnam.  It didn't work in Iraq.  But I'm SURE it'll work this time!  Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to use my second amendment rights to hunt the flying pigs outside.  Roll Eyes

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2007, 03:12:22 PM »

do you realize how little sense your post makes?

i was joking Butters .... the invasion in iraq ....

TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2007, 03:19:27 PM »

Izzy, make up your mind, do you want the US getting involved in every international affair (as many people criticize us for doing) or can we just let other countries handle their own business from time to time.  Plus, as comamotive says i think it goes without saying the US would back the UK in a heartbeat.  This is probably GOOD news for Bush, Cheney and the rest of the cowboys on the ranch.

As a Brit, the last thing I want (and probably the first thing Iran wants) is for the Bushies to get overtly involved. We may not be able to fight a war by ourselves but I would think we're a whole lot better at diplomacy - which is what is required right now.

COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2007, 04:04:44 PM »

Take it easy? - America has Britain's back ..period. It does'nt need to be announced - and if Bush or C.Rice did come out and talk tough right now they would get blasted by both the US and British press for trying to use this situation for their own benefit.

Bush & Cheney have been salivating for a REASON to bomb those fucking nuke sites -?

Izzy, make up your mind, do you want the US getting involved in every international affair (as many people criticize us for doing) or can we just let other countries handle their own business from time to time.? Plus, as comamotive says i think it goes without saying the US would back the UK in a heartbeat.? This is probably GOOD news for Bush, Cheney and the rest of the cowboys on the ranch.

As a Brit, the last thing I want (and probably the first thing Iran wants) is for the Bushies to get overtly involved. We may not be able to fight a war by ourselves but I would think we're a whole lot better at diplomacy - which is what is required right now.

Understandable for sure, but don't be so sure that diplomacy is going to work. You're dealing with a very crazy guy in Iran right now. If those Brits don't make it back to your soil, I would definitely understand why Blair would choose to handle this militarily.  And, I don't blame you for being gun-shy either about Bush, but if this thing gets ugly - trust me when I say you are going to be glad the U.S. has your back should you require assistance.
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2007, 04:19:43 PM »

what scares me the most is that my generation, and little bit older, have no sense of what a world war means, and they are so deeply engaged in fantasy war movies and video games, that they don't really understand the impact of "taking a military action".

it's very scary.

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2007, 04:23:06 PM »

UK will definitely need American assistance, if only to learn from them what not to do:

http://www.answers.com/operation%20eagle%20claw
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2007, 04:25:44 PM »

Izzy, make up your mind, do you want the US getting involved in every international affair (as many people criticize us for doing) or can we just let other countries handle their own business from time to time.? Plus, as comamotive says i think it goes without saying the US would back the UK in a heartbeat.? This is probably GOOD news for Bush, Cheney and the rest of the cowboys on the ranch.

There are degrees of involvement.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2007, 04:31:54 PM »

What greatly angers me about this isnt what Iran did - its the cowardly surrender of the British forces

They were there to defend Iraqi territory and in the face of an invading force they gave up when they had 2 carrier groups in support

I hope they are court martialled upon release and thrown out of the army - they were there to fight and they cant even defend themselves!

They are utterly worthless to the Iraqi people they are there to protect
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 04:33:50 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2007, 04:32:47 PM »

to the Iraqi people they are there to protect

ahahah ahaha ahahah ahahh ahahh .... ah ..... ah .....hum.

TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2007, 04:42:24 PM »

Understandable for sure, but don't be so sure that diplomacy is going to work. You're dealing with a very crazy guy in Iran right now. If those Brits don't make it back to your soil, I would definitely understand why Blair would choose to handle this militarily.  And, I don't blame you for being gun-shy either about Bush, but if this thing gets ugly - trust me when I say you are going to be glad the U.S. has your back should you require assistance.

There seems to be signs of a backdown by Iran today - we'll see how it unfolds. I'm not sure what unilateral military options Blair has really, which means it would come down to US help - and then you edge towards a war that probably elements of the US and Iranian leadership want and we (the UK) certainly don't.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: