Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 09:43:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Last bit of waiting finally over soon??
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Last bit of waiting finally over soon??  (Read 23644 times)
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2007, 02:11:15 PM »

I think we will get our gift within 2 weeks, think about it. a tour starts in april hell that's within 2 weeks,(april)
so we should get news soon.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2007, 02:11:55 PM »

Have the official website said the recording is done before? Have the official website said that thay are currently mixing the album?
Have Axl been given an exact tentative releasedate before? I know that got delayed, but in the letter Axl said that it could be...
On the current tour we heard new songs played live... .. alot have changed since 02.. and if you can add 1 + 1 you see that..

Yes, in 2002 the official website stated that recording was done. And the 'fact' that they're mixing and giving out tentative dates doesn't mean much, it's all been stated before by sources close to the band, Rolling Stones 21st of November was one of those tentative dates. Only difference is as you say 'it being on the site'. Well, when previous options have been used the tend to new ones. Next thing we'll hear is that mixing is done, but that negotiations are slowing things down.

GnR dont need to release an album just because they tour.. in 2001 and 2002 he just wanted the guys in the band to get out and
play... To have expirience with the playing in GnR... In 2006, the plan was to release the album while touring... But we know there was some
shit happening with the managment and the band... Shit happens.. But because that happend back then.. does not mean the album cant come
out this time.. Axl canceled 4 dates in january to finish up the album... .. and now we see new Tour dates.. They wouldent set up new tour dates
if the album wouldent be done.. they would do some more work on it... and cancel the dates...

Funny that the reason for touring in 2002 was to get the guys out there, but what do you know, last year Axl said he was forced to tour. Which one is it?

And there might have been some shit going on with management last year, although I'm leaning towards that being mostly in Axls mind. We all know the real reason the album didn't get released last year, it wasn't finished! It's only so much a manager can do you know.

Well, i do not agree with you on many things here.. and im sure we wont agree no mather how much we discuss it.. but i got your view on things, and that was the point with the thread...
I do belive things are looking very bright now.. and cant wait to listen to a new killer GnR record.. well.. lets hope the album is killer... haha..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2007, 02:14:20 PM »

Have the official website said the recording is done before? Have the official website said that thay are currently mixing the album?
Have Axl been given an exact tentative releasedate before? I know that got delayed, but in the letter Axl said that it could be...
On the current tour we heard new songs played live... .. alot have changed since 02.. and if you can add 1 + 1 you see that..

Yes, in 2002 the official website stated that recording was done. And the 'fact' that they're mixing and giving out tentative dates doesn't mean much, it's all been stated before by sources close to the band, Rolling Stones 21st of November was one of those tentative dates. Only difference is as you say 'it being on the site'. Well, when previous options have been used the tend to new ones. Next thing we'll hear is that mixing is done, but that negotiations are slowing things down.

GnR dont need to release an album just because they tour.. in 2001 and 2002 he just wanted the guys in the band to get out and
play... To have expirience with the playing in GnR... In 2006, the plan was to release the album while touring... But we know there was some
shit happening with the managment and the band... Shit happens.. But because that happend back then.. does not mean the album cant come
out this time.. Axl canceled 4 dates in january to finish up the album... .. and now we see new Tour dates.. They wouldent set up new tour dates
if the album wouldent be done.. they would do some more work on it... and cancel the dates...

Funny that the reason for touring in 2002 was to get the guys out there, but what do you know, last year Axl said he was forced to tour. Which one is it?

And there might have been some shit going on with management last year, although I'm leaning towards that being mostly in Axls mind. We all know the real reason the album didn't get released last year, it wasn't finished! It's only so much a manager can do you know.

Well, i do not agree with you on many things here.. and im sure we wont agree no mather how much we discuss it.. but i got your view on things, and that was the point with the thread...
I do belive things are looking very bright now.. and cant wait to listen to a new killer GnR record.. well.. lets hope the album is killer... haha..

no worries...it will be killer. drool
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2007, 02:19:12 PM »

Yes, in 2002 the official website stated that recording was done.
That never happened.

fink_owns_slash
Banned
Headliner

coen brothers' 1991 masterpiece 'barton fink'

« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2007, 02:20:17 PM »

doubt it.

a common thing to say is "the album has never been done before--2007 is different!" it's just a different lie. the same people that told you the album is finished are the same people that told you the album was done in (pick one) 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, or 2006. if this was a court of law there credibility would be nothing you wouldn't believe anything they said right? but no, you dudes still do. fandom goes so far, but common sense goes farther.

to find out when chinese democracy comes out check out '14 years' (its only been 12; we have 2 left... sorry)
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2007, 02:24:55 PM »

That never happened.

We?ve sorted it down to what songs are on the record. What the sequence of the songs is. The album cover art is ready.

Normally you wouldn't say that if things weren't set to go, but as we all know...

Point is gn'r saying something doesn't really mean anything. When Universal says it's done is when people should start to get exited. Axls word doesn't hold any water at this point.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2007, 02:26:52 PM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we are in no position to demand that the record comes out.
This is Axl's project, his art, he doesn't owe it to us, so as fans we should wait patiently for it.
Complaining will only leave you miserable. I complain about stuff to, but a record being delayed? No.
When it is ready it will come out, just live your lives in the meantime and stop obsessing over this.

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2007, 02:28:50 PM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we are in no position to demand that the record comes out.
This is Axl's project, his art, he doesn't owe it to us, so as fans we should wait patiently for it.
Complaining will only leave you miserable. I complain about stuff to, but a record being delayed? No.
When it is ready it will come out, just live your lives in the meantime and stop obsessing over this.

And he is in no right to mislead the fans who desperately want to see it released. If you don't know when it'll be out stop talking about it like you do.

GNRforever10
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2007, 02:29:52 PM »

I personally think it's coming berfore they tour North America again for sure. I would guess before Summer! I know there has been ''RUMOURS'' on my radio stations that the album couln't be mixed and was scrapped, but then I was told by a fellow board member nothing is Impossible to mix. If GNR wants to they can release this before VR album. I think it is ultimatly up to Axl and when he feels he is ready it will come out, and it will be great!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2007, 02:31:04 PM »

That never happened.

We?ve sorted it down to what songs are on the record. What the sequence of the songs is. The album cover art is ready.

Normally you wouldn't say that if things weren't set to go, but as we all know...

Point is gn'r saying something doesn't really mean anything. When Universal says it's done is when people should start to get exited. Axls word doesn't hold any water at this point.
They had an idea of what would be in the album by that time. They could have sorted it down songs, sequence and cover art without all the recording being done.

It's kinda obvious that the major recordings were done back in between 1999 and early 2003. But since then, they went in a hiatus and Buckethead left the band. It may changed the previous situation of which songs would make the final cut. Also, the band could have written some new songs from that point till last year, which made them to think again about what would be in the album.

Point is: the band NEVER really said that the recording process was done and they were mixing. You only assumed this, but that's not a fact.

maynard
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2007, 02:31:11 PM »

I dont know, last year I was the most positive and optimistic fan. The tour was great, Axls voice was back, the setlist was more diverse, I was really thinking the waiting was over. Then 2007 arrives and everything its so quiet. Some news that doesn't worth a crap, the official site hasn't even the tour dates for this year, wtf?

Seriously, it doesn't feel like the quiet before the storm, I have many reasons to believe this could be another 2003-2005 period...
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2007, 02:34:49 PM »

So, is this the quiet before the storm? GnR touring Japan, South Africa and South America.. Seams like the world tour is planed.. CD is being Mixed, and for all we know done.. Is this the last deep breath for the GnR fans? We have waited for years.. 2006 was a great year, with the band touring.. 2007 can be a much greater year, with the Next Guns N Roses album released... Think about that. a Guns N Roses cd in stores...

The next update can really kick our ass this time around.. think about that  ok

Heh, the quiet before the storm. There's been many quite moments, followed by mini storms: Leaked Tracks, Live Gigs, TV Ad's, New Band Memebers, and sometimes a small piece of news on the offical Gn'R web site.

So what will the next Gn'R 'storm' bring?

A. News on the Gn'R Offcial Website
B. A Track Leak
C. The Album!
D. A Leak of the Cover Art  Grin
E. Something Else(?)

Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2007, 02:36:48 PM »

And he is in no right to mislead the fans who desperately want to see it released. If you don't know when it'll be out stop talking about it like you do.

Excuse me? When did I say I knew anything about when the record will be out? All I said was we should be patient and stop obsessing over the release date.
That is my opinion, and it is my right to express it. Your blatant negativity is depressing reading.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2007, 02:42:01 PM »

So, is this the quiet before the storm? GnR touring Japan, South Africa and South America.. Seams like the world tour is planed.. CD is being Mixed, and for all we know done.. Is this the last deep breath for the GnR fans? We have waited for years.. 2006 was a great year, with the band touring.. 2007 can be a much greater year, with the Next Guns N Roses album released... Think about that. a Guns N Roses cd in stores...

The next update can really kick our ass this time around.. think about that? ok

Heh, the quiet before the storm. There's been many quite moments, followed by mini storms: Leaked Tracks, Live Gigs, TV Ad's, New Band Memebers, and sometimes a small piece of news on the offical Gn'R web site.

B. A Track Leak
C. The Album!
D. A Leak of the Cover Art? Grin
E. Something Else(?)

Beta marries Axl
Tour cancelled
Negotiations break down with record company
Axl destroys all of the chinese democracy recordings and we are left in a constant 'what if' scenario

Seriously there will come a point when people will be more interested in the real story as opposed to the music, but I hope that won't be the case and all is better soon. Some sort of closure would be nice, lets hope its the album.

Here today...ready to rock
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2007, 02:42:08 PM »

Excuse me? When did I say I knew anything about when the record will be out? All I said was we should be patient and stop obsessing over the release date.
That is my opinion, and it is my right to express it. Your blatant negativity is depressing reading.

I'm talking about Axl.

And your blatant positivity is irritating, doesn't mean I have to point it out.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2007, 02:44:39 PM »

Not much has changed.

Of course not...

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2007, 02:45:57 PM »

I'm talking about Axl.

And your blatant positivity is irritating, doesn't mean I have to point it out.

Well I didn't want to point out your negativity at first either, until it became more and more unbearable as the thread dragged on.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2007, 02:52:35 PM »

Well I didn't want to point out your negativity at first either, until it became more and more unbearable as the thread dragged on.

If you only want one answer don't ask the question.

smugolo
Headliner

"I don't worry about nothin', no..."

« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2007, 02:56:04 PM »

i honestly believe, this time around, we're in the calm before the storm.

GN'R 2006 - Dublin 9th June - Sheffield 18th July - Manchester 23rd July
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2007, 03:02:42 PM »

The next update can really kick our ass this time around.. think about that  ok

B. A Track Leak
C. The Album!
D. A Leak of the Cover Art  Grin
E. Something Else(?)

Beta marries Axl
Tour cancelled
Negotiations break down with record company
Axl destroys all of the chinese democracy recordings and we are left in a constant 'what if' scenario

Seriously there will come a point when people will be more interested in the real story as opposed to the music, but I hope that won't be the case and all is better soon. Some sort of closure would be nice, lets hope its the album.

Can you imagine that, a fire down at the mixing studio. That would delay the whole damn process. They'd annouce that the album was all ready to ship when a fire destroyed the master disc. They'd have to mix the thing from scratch thus making the fans wait another year or two hihi
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: