Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:00:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  LIVE chemistry
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: LIVE chemistry  (Read 4003 times)
magnumS
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: March 21, 2007, 06:06:58 AM »

Today while i was watching some of my use your illusion tour video's
I realized that the band had so much chemistry they all knew and predicted when a jam would end , what a member would do next etc
I also realized that there was magic about the LIVE acts..something there i cant put my hand on it but it was attractive
anyways after i finished em , i got on my computer opend some gnr gigs from 2006
i realized that IRS Better the blue's and madagascar have quite the same attraction as back then
but when the old songs played , i kinda felt like axl was a solosit and the guy's playing where his employee's
and in Madagascar , i didint feel that vibe that power as back in 2002.meaning ,axl has finally quite moved on from the past and is embracing the future and is finnaly happy with his new band
Watch a 2002 madagascar , expecially the 2002 mtv awards then watch
the one at Kroq..see the diffrence?
Anyone got any opinions? discuss the illusion tour it was a great tour!

P.s-To you stup judgemental bullied problem children who act so tough on the net and so brittle when your heads getting flushed down the toilet , keep your insults to your self , this forum is dead , i thought a new discussion would be nice
go spray your filth somewhere else ,have a nice day.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 06:26:38 AM »

yeh true mate,

the new band are so proud to play their new shit, the result is a real good vibe across the whole band, which brings them a second wind" , if you like,
and they get enthusiastic with the songs (especially better and the blues, watch fincky)

I hope once the album comes out, that 90% will be from the album, and 10% old stuff, because i am fucking diging this new shit now
its so fuking good

and f@ck off anyone who disses this thread, caus if u can start a better one
feel free  peace

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
liesin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 06:27:20 AM »

you got a point, the banf does seem more of a band when performing the new songs, seems kind of natural to me.
liesin
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 06:31:16 AM »

totally agreed "gunns1", they get som fucking extra vibe performing them new tunes,

and yes this is a good tread, plain discussion no specultaion 'bout singles, should they do this or that etc.
magnumS
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 07:04:10 AM »

Although i still think madagascar isnt as poweful and energetic is it used to be
and the rasp is just wong for suvch a song
its like having dani filth sing angie..
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 07:07:17 AM »

are you kidding?  The UYI shows were all practically the same show.  They weren't sponteneous.   I'm not saying they aren't now either.    I think this lineup plays most of the old material better than the UYI lineup, I don't see the employee nonsense you are talking about.

gunns1
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2007, 07:09:11 AM »

Although i still think madagascar isnt as poweful and energetic is it used to be
and the rasp is just wong for suvch a song
its like having dani filth sing angie..

I personally think madagascar is better with the rasp, and the blues is better in the 01/02 version (rar 01/02 *cant remember)

the "nevermind one" is studio quality

but madagascar rasp is defenetly better 06 version

sorry,

back on topic

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
magnumS
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 07:16:03 AM »

In my opinsion the 02 madagascar is better
i mean songs like these shouldnt be heard edged take Angie by the rolling stones for example
watch this 02 madagascar its so full of power n feel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6AaRaQGyew&mode=related&search=
Warchild
Rocker

Shine on you Crazy Diamond...!!!

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 07:19:14 AM »

are you kidding?? The UYI shows were all practically the same show.? They weren't sponteneous.? ?I'm not saying they aren't now either.? ? I think this lineup plays most of the old material better than the UYI lineup, I don't see the employee nonsense you are talking about.

Nor do I, there were some really bad vibes going on behind the scenes during the UYI tour, It is a fucking miracle it came off so well..........

w.

"It takes Less than Death to Kill a Man
and I'm so sick of dying;
Days of sunshine nights of rain
Doesn't matter when you're crying

Tell me how to make things right
tell the truth from lies..
W
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2007, 07:20:28 AM »

In my opinsion the 02 madagascar is better
i mean songs like these shouldnt be heard edged take Angie by the rolling stones for example
watch this 02 madagascar its so full of power n feel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6AaRaQGyew&mode=related&search=

I prefer the 2002 versions as well.   Buckets solo is mind blowing and for whatever reason, you don't really hear Robin's vocal part at the end these days.  Undecided
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2007, 07:29:52 AM »

well the chemistry the old band had was something magical, this new band is really good but they have to find their own sound as a band
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 07:36:13 AM »

are you kidding?? The UYI shows were all practically the same show.? They weren't sponteneous.? ?I'm not saying they aren't now either.? ? I think this lineup plays most of the old material better than the UYI lineup, I don't see the employee nonsense you are talking about.

Yea exactly.

The songs evolved to how there were for the illusions gigs. It wasnt spontaneous.

Plus, the guys in the band dont 'predict' when jams are going to end, they look at each others body language and nod or something to say when to cut back to rejoin the chorus or whatever. Plus its obvious when slashs soloing ends. (well sometimes haha)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 07:38:56 AM »

are you kidding?  The UYI shows were all practically the same show.  They weren't sponteneous.   I'm not saying they aren't now either.    I think this lineup plays most of the old material better than the UYI lineup, I don't see the employee nonsense you are talking about.

Yea exactly.

The songs evolved to how there were for the illusions gigs. It wasnt spontaneous.

Plus, the guys in the band dont 'predict' when jams are going to end, they look at each others body language and nod or something to say when to cut back to rejoin the chorus or whatever. Plus its obvious when slashs soloing ends. (well sometimes haha)

yea they played the same 'jams' every show.

not really that much different than these days, people bitch about Robin, Richard, and Ron's solo spots, but thank god we don't have to sit through one more matt sorum 10 minute drum solo.  yes
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 07:40:24 AM »

well the chemistry the old band had was something magical, this new band is really good but they have to find their own sound as a band

no way.   the lineup we have now has the best chemistry i've ever seen in any band.   and they have developed their own sound.   Even on the demos its pretty clear where Robin's contributions are, etc.   Everyone brings there own thing to the band and the end result is that sound.

redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 07:49:49 AM »

The new line up do appear to be more together when performing the new material.
When performing the old song's the band and and Axl himself come across like they are simply performing rather than being really in-to-it. There's a sense of detactchment, just going through the motions. I got the same feeling when ever Matt Sorum played any of the tracks from AFD, during the UYI tour. Sorum appeared to be so much more into the UYI tracks.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 08:00:35 AM by redx » Logged
Skunk
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2007, 07:57:59 AM »

Yeah i think this lineup plays the old material better too... but i think what the original poster is noticing is just when the band is really into it and when they're more going through the motions. So it makes sense to me that this band would seem a little more into the newer material.
And don't misunderstand, there's nothing wrong with going through the motions as long as they're putting on a good show, which they always do. I mean how many times has Axl sang some of these songs? It's amazing how into it he can look sometimes.

Everyone see him singing Better when he came back on stage at Donnington? It's amazing to watch him standing still, singing the words perfect but clearly distracted and pissed.
AxlNow
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2007, 08:00:04 AM »

?It's all about Chemistry man. The old lineup had it and now we've got it again!
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2007, 08:50:25 AM »

what they lack in chemistry, they compensate with psychics!

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2007, 09:00:53 AM »

you took the words right out of my mouth. alot of the UYI shows were exactly the same, except for the rants.
gunns1
Legend

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2007, 09:09:25 AM »

you took the words right out of my mouth. alot of the UYI shows were exactly the same, except for the rants.

I just heard the flacs from the donnington last year, and during the end of one song, axl said hes having a great time, and he should do a new song,

and you hear tommy say, what are we doing , and axl replied, how about chinese? , and tommy said, so we are doing chinese?
ok...

then the chinese democracy music players,

I love that, its like the most perfect well oiled machines, theres fewer fcuk ups then ever before (except when axl stuffs up words occasionaly)
and they can stop and start in the middle of? a song if someone in the crowd fkcu them off.

Its one hell of a band,
spontenayety?
chemistry,
x factor,
close unit as a whole, not bad for 8 guys?

and something that can't be brought, no matter what people think of this so called
"employee band"

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: