Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:17:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  .
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: .  (Read 71000 times)
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #380 on: March 19, 2007, 09:34:11 PM »

@EDI
ok, mr Witch hunter... go... hunt those haters! it's your sacred duty....
with the power of stupidity, you shall prevail.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #381 on: March 19, 2007, 09:35:47 PM »

I'm so sick of all you so-called "fans" who demand the album to come out, who demand updates, who can't even appreciate a Guns N' Roses tour because the album isn't out yet. Fuck all you people, who are you to tell Axl what to do? I'm so sick of the negativity, some of you people will never be happy, even when CD is out you will find something to complain about. "Why doesn't CD sell more? We waited all these years for this, where are all the AFD style rockers?" - God, you people make me sick. You can't demand shit from Axl. We should be grateful he is doing his very best to make the best damn GN'R record possible, he doesn't have to do it, but he does. But I guess that isn't enough. I know someone will probably reply to this with "I've waited for a decade for this thing, Axl has fucked us over in the past, without us he wouldn't have a profession!" - Well guess what, without him you wouldn't have some of the best rock music ever made so shut the fuck up with the moaning.

who are you to say who's a fan, and who's not?!
dont flatter your self... Axl doesnt need you to defend him... he has enough real advocates already, and if they need a but kiss, you'll be the first one they'll call.

What is this, kindergarten? Do you really have to repeat what I told you and turn it around to be able to make your point?
I know Axl doesn't need me to defend him, but guess what? This is a fan board, we are here to talk about our favorite band and I'm gonna speak my mind about how I feel, like it or not. Just because I'm not some self-righteous fuck who can't do enough with his own life and thus feeling bitter that Axl doesn't give him what he wants when he wants it doesn't make me an ass kisser. Get the fuck over yourself.

Hello panties, meet wad.

You're right, this is a fan board, and people are here to talk about their favorite band. Positive and negative. Blinding following without seeing both sides is for cults, not rock bands.
You must have completely missed my point. What I'm saying is if you can't handle the waiting without feeling all butthurt, why stick around? Do yourself a favor and take a break, even Axl said that. And yeah, now that I quoted Axl I guess I'm even more of an asskisser, right? Well, too bad I feel confident enough of myself to not strive to look cool and "objective" on a message board then, if I support Axl Rose I'm damn well gonna say so.

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #382 on: March 19, 2007, 09:39:01 PM »

I'm so sick of all you so-called "fans" who demand the album to come out, who demand updates, who can't even appreciate a Guns N' Roses tour because the album isn't out yet. Fuck all you people, who are you to tell Axl what to do? I'm so sick of the negativity, some of you people will never be happy, even when CD is out you will find something to complain about. "Why doesn't CD sell more? We waited all these years for this, where are all the AFD style rockers?" - God, you people make me sick. You can't demand shit from Axl. We should be grateful he is doing his very best to make the best damn GN'R record possible, he doesn't have to do it, but he does. But I guess that isn't enough. I know someone will probably reply to this with "I've waited for a decade for this thing, Axl has fucked us over in the past, without us he wouldn't have a profession!" - Well guess what, without him you wouldn't have some of the best rock music ever made so shut the fuck up with the moaning.

who are you to say who's a fan, and who's not?!
dont flatter your self... Axl doesnt need you to defend him... he has enough real advocates already, and if they need a but kiss, you'll be the first one they'll call.

What is this, kindergarten? Do you really have to repeat what I told you and turn it around to be able to make your point?
I know Axl doesn't need me to defend him, but guess what? This is a fan board, we are here to talk about our favorite band and I'm gonna speak my mind about how I feel, like it or not. Just because I'm not some self-righteous fuck who can't do enough with his own life and thus feeling bitter that Axl doesn't give him what he wants when he wants it doesn't make me an ass kisser. Get the fuck over yourself.

Hello panties, meet wad.

You're right, this is a fan board, and people are here to talk about their favorite band. Positive and negative. Blinding following without seeing both sides is for cults, not rock bands.
You must have completely missed my point. What I'm saying is if you can't handle the waiting without feeling all butthurt, why stick around? Do yourself a favor and take a break, even Axl said that. And yeah, now that I quoted Axl I guess I'm even more of an asskisser, right? Well, too bad I feel sure enough of myself to not strive to look cool and "objective" on a message board then, if I support Axl Rose I'm damn well gonna say so.

I can handle the waiting, been doing it for quite some time. That doesn't mean that I don't see how the inactivity and hollow proclamations has hurt my favorite band's reputation and has also hurt some fans in the process.

Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #383 on: March 19, 2007, 09:42:31 PM »

@EDI

I'm not even gonna bother debating at this level.
So for supporting Axl I'm an asskisser, right?
You're so cool and objective. I bet you're one of those people who panics if you get too close to another man, scared to death that you will have homosexual feelings. It's pretty much the same thing as being scared of being labeled a "fanboy" and "asskisser" if you show your full support of what Axl is doing.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #384 on: March 19, 2007, 09:46:41 PM »

aint it a little bit pretentious to be telling people if they should or should not be the fans?

Not really. Humorous, maybe.....

you dude are really on a ego trip. this is getting futile. every time someone goes into a discussion you chose to take something out of the context and make a smartass comment about it and letting the hordes of your little all-agreeing gnomes tear those people a new asshole... and label them as haters.

Ego trip? Sure.....

How well you know me.....

Just because I can't relate to your way of thinking.

yeah... the band is a great if you want a role model...

Who said anything about a role model?

It's about the music.

It's about doing what you feel like doing instead of doing what you're always supposed to.

Did you know the Stones used to start shows at like 4AM (in the morning!)? That's rock n' roll.  hihi

but not if you're here for the music.

Wrong. That attitude applies to the music and always has for GN'R.

What do you think made them different from all the other bands around in the late 1980s?

Was it because they did the same shit everybody else did?

Look it up.

yeah,... they are really "We don't give a fuck"... the latest Gnr.com updates say diferently... infact it suggests that they do give a fuck... especially about the lame details such as the manequin.

Nice example.

I was talking about doing what you want regarding the music.

Obviously, if you want to discuss the fuck you attitude, it's at work on GNR.com too.

They probably knew you'd find it "lame" and posted it anyway.

It wasn't aimed at you. It wasn't aimed at people who find faults in almost everything the band does....

Not everything GN'R does is aimed at you or me. Maybe if you understood that, you wouldn't be so frustrated?

I'm one of the few people that have been on the forums ever since gnronline, and I wont take some bullshit comments by 13 year old kids calling me a fucking hater, same goes for you.

Good for you, but you need to wake up.

We're not gonna let some bitter frustrated fans, who think that just because they've been around for a while they're more right about everything than other fans (who remain positive/supportive), ruin everything.

Ung.  I'm really getting sick of being lumped in with other "complainers".  I wasn't happy with the last "updates"...but I changed my mind about.  But even then, I was still considered "just one of the complainers" who complains about the shows and the setlists, which I never have since I always liked them quite a bit.  The black/white attitude from EVERYONE around here is annoying.

No, there are fans who can understand that not everything is black or white. People who, after a discussion, might say "I didn't think about that....".

It's not just about posting updates and some fans refuse to see that.

The problem isn't the updates themselves, the problem is that people aren't honest.

Whining about getting no updates, then we get a few and these same people are still whining. Why? Because they thought an update equals a release date.

They can't even grasp the whole concept of how an album is made and released. It seems like once it's recorded, the album magically appears in the stores and if it doesn't, it's 100% the band's fault.

Not only that, but these people have apparently paid Axl in cash for an album and he owes them it.....  Roll Eyes

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 09:48:14 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #385 on: March 19, 2007, 10:03:35 PM »

So for supporting Axl I'm an asskisser, right?
You're so cool and objective. I bet you're one of those people who panics if you get too close to another man, scared to death that you will have homosexual feelings. It's pretty much the same thing as being scared of being labeled a "fanboy" and "asskisser" if you show your full support of what Axl is doing.

you are obsessed. put a pause on "out to get me".... go outside. pat the fluffy bunny... relax.
and stop with the self righteous crap. not everybody here is a hater.
there are Axl supporters, and there are Blinded Idiots - you are not an Axl supporter.

aint it a little bit pretentious to be telling people if they should or should not be the fans?

Not really. Humorous, maybe.....
nope... not humorous.

you dude are really on a ego trip. this is getting futile. every time someone goes into a discussion you chose to take something out of the context and make a smartass comment about it and letting the hordes of your little all-agreeing gnomes tear those people a new asshole... and label them as haters.

Ego trip? Sure.....

How well you know me.....

Just because I can't relate to your way of thinking.

as much as you know me... and still you tell me how this band isn't for me. I guess it wasnt for merck as well?

yeah... the band is a great if you want a role model...

Who said anything about a role model?

It's about the music.

It's about doing what you feel like doing instead of doing what you're always supposed to.

Did you know the Stones used to start shows at like 4AM (in the morning!)? That's rock n' roll.  hihi

how do you know? have you heard the new album? we dont know if the music will be that way. for all we know the prostitute could be a codename for an aguilera cover.

but not if you're here for the music.

Wrong. That attitude applies to the music and always has for GN'R.

What do you think made them different from all the other bands around in the late 1980s?

Was it because they did the same shit everybody else did?

Look it up.

there's a forum section where we talk about old band members. I'm talking about the new band-still no music to back up the attitude.

yeah,... they are really "We don't give a fuck"... the latest Gnr.com updates say diferently... infact it suggests that they do give a fuck... especially about the lame details such as the manequin.

Nice example.

I was talking about doing what you want regarding the music.

Obviously, if you want to discuss the fuck you attitude, it's at work on GNR.com too.

They probably knew you'd find it "lame" and posted it anyway.

It wasn't aimed at you. It wasn't aimed at people who find faults in almost everything the band does....

Not everything GN'R does is aimed at you or me. Maybe if you understood that, you wouldn't be so frustrated?

well you can excuse everything by saying GNR has a "Fuck you" attitude.
even if CD came out and sucked, youd still say... ITS GREAT! It's Rock! Gnr made a crap album and they "dont give a fuck"!

I'm one of the few people that have been on the forums ever since gnronline, and I wont take some bullshit comments by 13 year old kids calling me a fucking hater, same goes for you.

Good for you, but you need to wake up.

We're not gonna let some bitter frustrated fans, who think that just because they've been around for a while they're more right about everything than other fans (who remain positive/supportive), ruin everything.

nope, but as one of the few remaining people from that era that still stayed supportive (yes I support them),and one would think I'd have a right for a constructive critique once in a while without all the newbie retards calling me a hater. we'd see their posts in 5 years

Most of my posts are based on critique because I dont see a point in agreeing with everything 600 people said before me. am I supposed to make 100 asskising posts only to make one criticizing... I just dont have the time to make "this rocks" posts every time the band does something good.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 10:09:01 PM by Lucky » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #386 on: March 19, 2007, 10:15:02 PM »

you are obsessed. put a pause on "out to get me".... go outside. pat the fluffy bunny... relax.
there are Axl supporters, and there are Blinded Idiots - you are not an Axl supporter.

I assume your intention with this last comment was to cause some sort of hurt, but the day I let some internet nobody who's nothing but text to me affect me in any sort of way will be the day that Hell freezes over. It's pretty funny that you call me self-righteous, I only see you who's moaning about how you've been online since 2000 and Axl still haven't given you your album! Cry me a river. I noticed how you moaned that "legions of Jarmo asskissers" (or something similar and equally retarded) attack you every time you speak your opinion. Perhaps you should take a look in the mirror and realize that any normal fan doesn't have these problems, only you ungrateful, demanding, bitter people feel this way about things. Sad, isn't it? Go find something else to spend your time on, you're an embarrasment to the GN'R community. And don't bother trying to turn that comment around on me, saying how we "asskissers" are an embarrasment. Are you really that insecure?

buckethead stops now!

rofl
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #387 on: March 19, 2007, 10:21:24 PM »

I assume your intention with this last comment was to cause some sort of hurt, but the day I let some internet nobody who's nothing but text to me affect me in any sort of way will be the day that Hell freezes over. It's pretty funny that you call me self-righteous, I only see you who's moaning about how you've been online since 2000 and Axl still haven't given you your album! Cry me a river. I noticed how you moaned that "legions of Jarmo asskissers" (or something similar and equally retarded) attack you every time you speak your opinion. Perhaps you should take a look in the mirror and realize that any normal fan doesn't have these problems, only you ungrateful, demanding, bitter people feel this way about things. Sad, isn't it? Go find something else to spend your time on, you're an embarrasment to the GN'R community. And don't bother trying to turn that comment around on me, saying how we "asskissers" are an embarrasment. Are you really that insecure?

You sure do spend a lot of time on an "internet nobody who's nothing but text." You only fuel the debate by carrying on with it.

Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #388 on: March 19, 2007, 10:27:43 PM »

You sure do spend a lot of time on an "internet nobody who's nothing but text." You only fuel the debate by carrying on with it.

And here I was thinking that debating was the point...

I spend "a lot" of time on it? It takes me 30 seconds to post.
By the way, that's another funny thing about insecure message board people, they love pointing out how other people spend "a lot of time" online and thus have "no life", and labeling people who are here to support the band "asskissers". You people's insecurities are laughable, don't you realize that any normal person can spend some time hanging out online on a quiet night instead of glaring at the TV all the time?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 10:30:07 PM by EazyDuzIt » Logged

buckethead stops now!

rofl
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #389 on: March 19, 2007, 10:36:38 PM »

@EDI

If debating is the point, what's this^ all about? And if you're so sick of the whiners and complainers, why give them the platform by furthering their cause by calling them out.

You talk in circles, dude. You try to call me an insecure message board person, yet I'm hardly ever here. You're the one who is totally acting the part. I find your ilk to be more bothersome than the complainers. Good night.

Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #390 on: March 19, 2007, 10:38:00 PM »

Learn how to comprehend, I said I wasn't about to debate on the level he was going to with the "witch hunter" bullshit.
Have a good one.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #391 on: March 19, 2007, 11:05:43 PM »

Wow and holy fuck too!!!   Shocked

Ya' know, if Axl actually ever does read some of the posts on this board he must just fucking shake his head in disgust.   yes

Either that or, he laughs his fucking ass off at all of us for wasting our fucking time on "THE BIG FUCKING GARBAGE CAN."

Kiss
Lostrose
Rocker

This here is my hetero-lifemate, Silent Bob.

« Reply #392 on: March 19, 2007, 11:25:04 PM »

March 12, 2007
The truth about 'Better'
By Doug Miller / GunsNRoses.com

The song "Better" has been receiving airplay across the country, but there is no official single release. No one seems to know where the song came from or how it got out. Did Guns N? Roses purposely leak the track?

"Here?s what I know," keyboardist Dizzy Reed explains to GunsNRoses.com. "We were doing a commercial with Harley-Davidson. Harley was going to do a version using 'Paradise City' and another version using 'Better.' Their Web site even had a version up for like one day with 'Better,' but the version of 'Better' that they had was an unfinished, unapproved demo. That?s why it was removed. The version that?s getting airplay is that same demo.

"Our understanding of how that happened is that an experimental edit using 'Better' in place of 'Paradise City' was somehow accidentally mislabeled as the 'Paradise City' Harley-Davidson video/commercial and was inadvertently released on the internet. We believe the 'leak' came from this source tape and someone with access to it.

"For the record, absolutely none of the songs that have been leaked have come from the band or our organization. None of the songs that have been leaked are anything more than demo versions, works in progress. No final mixes.

"It?s really frustrating working on something as hard as we have and then having it wind up on the Internet before it?s finished. Hearing a demo on the radio really sucks."

// Gunsnroses.com

I met Dizzy Reed, out back of Hammerstein (or Hammerstien) after their first show.   He's a happenin' guy. 

I guess, I guess, I guess I never fuckin' learn...
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #393 on: March 19, 2007, 11:27:42 PM »

what I think is funny is that the moderators erase shit half as "off the topic" as what's been on the past few pages.

Lucky
Legend

« Reply #394 on: March 19, 2007, 11:44:25 PM »

@EDI

If debating is the point, what's this^ all about? And if you're so sick of the whiners and complainers, why give them the platform by furthering their cause by calling them out.

You talk in circles, dude. You try to call me an insecure message board person, yet I'm hardly ever here. You're the one who is totally acting the part. I find your ilk to be more bothersome than the complainers. Good night.

take it easy. Undecided
there's obviously no point in talking to this guy. he has some sort of messiah complex and imagines every post around here is directed at him personally, and all we ever do is think how to insult Axl, the band and his intelligence.

I read his previous posts... ever since he registered, he missed making a single post about the actual band, music- whatever.
all his posts are in the jungle... and the ones that are not there are the "you are a hater" crap.   confused

it's like Scott Weiland hired him to join this board, install him self as the leader of "Axl supporters" and make them look like idiots. hihi

Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #395 on: March 20, 2007, 01:25:55 AM »

yah I think your all crazy cause you don't think it takes 13 to make an album....I mean common I don't want a friggin big mac or fillet o' fish I want a really really good album and everyone knows it takes about 13 or 14 years to make one of those. Just ask all the other great artists like Bono or Eddie Vedder ...oh wait they put out killer albums all the time ....how the hell do they do it??

anyway I know one day I'll get it and it'll be worth every day of waiting, but it still doesn't make this whole process of the last 13 years any less ridiculous
SLCPUNK
« Reply #396 on: March 20, 2007, 01:58:30 AM »

BOOOOOOOOORING.
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #397 on: March 20, 2007, 07:00:34 AM »

@EDI

take it easy. Undecided
there's obviously no point in talking to this guy. he has some sort of messiah complex and imagines every post around here is directed at him personally, and all we ever do is think how to insult Axl, the band and his intelligence.

I read his previous posts... ever since he registered, he missed making a single post about the actual band, music- whatever.
all his posts are in the jungle... and the ones that are not there are the "you are a hater" crap.? ?confused

it's like Scott Weiland hired him to join this board, install him self as the leader of "Axl supporters" and make them look like idiots. hihi

What does this have to do with the discussion? A personal attack, that's sad, looks like I'm getting to you, huh? And digging through my posts to try to find something on me... Wow... Undecided

Edit: Not that I need to defend myself at all, but I feel people have a right to know that you are lying. Did you happen to miss my posts in Bad Obsession, in Dead Horse, in the CITR thread, just to touch on a few? Feel free to post the quotes up. You're an embarrasment to Guns N' Roses, a liar and a hater.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 07:05:20 AM by EazyDuzIt » Logged

buckethead stops now!

rofl
fink_owns_slash
Banned
Headliner

coen brothers' 1991 masterpiece 'barton fink'

« Reply #398 on: March 20, 2007, 10:41:00 AM »

try that thats just one... most around here would defend axl like he was there mother, like you guys are doing now. thats what i'm saying i don't understand... an artist that doesn't care about his fans, yet relies on them to live day to day (financially)-- for 15 years.

What a bunch of bullshit from you again.

He doesn't care? He could've put out multiple new albums with shitty songs only to take your money. I guess then you could've said "he cares AND relies on me financially".? Roll Eyes

Did you ever notice that at fast food places you get the food almost instantly, but at finer restaurants you have to wait for them to prepare the food for you? The burger makes your hunger go away, but often it doesn't taste that good and you won't remember the meal a year later.

That's how you want your music. To be like fast food. Junk. You want it straight away so you feel happy for a while, then whine about how there should be more. Repeat, repeat.....

While we're on the subject of you, and people like you. I think you're in the minority. A lot of fans don't take everything so personally like you do. The whiners like to post though and it often seems like they're the majority.

Many of these so called "realists" will never be happy because they'll always keep looking for faults. Instead of going to a show and think "this is great!" and be happy with that, they'll say "this is great but they should've....".

Now they're complaining about the updates, because first they didn't get any updates and when we did, it wasn't good enough. So once the album is out, the old "there's no album" won't work. I wonder what'll happen? Probably "it wasn't worth the wait", "this song sucks", "it's not good enough", "it's too long", "the mix sucks", "there's not enough swearing", "the packaging is stupid"...

Because I'm one of those people who can be happy with what we get, because I understand the whole concept of artistic freedom and don't think artists owe me anything, I get labeled all kinds of things. The funny thing is that I didn't become a fan of GN'R, because I wanted them to be something else, I became a fan of what they are/were and create.

Constructive criticism is one thing, but all these whiny posts with nothing more than whining because Axl "owes" you, is boring and pointless.

The fact that some of you constantly assume you're being lied to by the band while believing almost any rumor and bullshit article is sad. Yet you demand Axl and the band should give you more respect. They should respect people who are calling them all liars on a daily basis?

/jarmo

Could not have been said better.
The complainers can settle for VR and Good Charlotte if they want rushed, boring music.

rushed?!!!??  i could see him wanting 2 or 3 years to make an album, heck i'll give him 5. but come on 12 plus? thats a joke... i like the argument that its taking so long "because it will be soooooo good" yeah because working on something along time will make it better... wait NO IT WON'T.

and what is forgot in that argument is you are assuming that axl was busy that whole time (he clearly wasn't).

i also like how if you don't want to wait while axl continues polishing his turd (from jarmos expensive meal) you have to settle for good charlotte and VR! how about i buy the next great NIN record that comes out next month, then the one that is slated for 2008, and the DVD that came out last month. you don't have to "settle" you just have to buy artists that produce something. an artist is not born out of promise its born out of results. plus, this board his full of clowns that bought VR (perhaps you and definately jarmo) ... i didn't always thought they where crap so i'm not sure who that was directed at.

to find out when chinese democracy comes out check out '14 years' (its only been 12; we have 2 left... sorry)
spyder8739
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #399 on: March 20, 2007, 12:29:37 PM »

Everyone needs to take a deep breath and relax.  Arguing about this crap isn't going to get you anywhere. Chill  smoking
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: