Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 06:54:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  .
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: .  (Read 70945 times)
madagas
« Reply #360 on: March 19, 2007, 07:11:04 PM »

Jarmo's post is spot on. However, you don't need to bring any other band in to the equation. No reason to cut down VR or Good Charlotte. If you choose to wait 13 years for a record, that is your choice. Some people don't like to be bothered that long. Nobody is right. Jarmo is just talking about people who incessantly complain. It gets old and quite frankly, looks very immature on the part of the person who continually says the same thing over and over and over- spamming thread after thread. It ruins the board. For fuck's sake, if there is nothing to talk about, go do something else. ok
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 07:12:43 PM by madagas » Logged
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #361 on: March 19, 2007, 07:35:03 PM »

I believe (or hope) that the silent majority here respect Axl for having pride in his work and not releasing any material unless it holds to his highest standards.  I worry, however, when so much negativity dominates this board.  I get these nightmares that Axl will invoke some type of Seinfeld/Soup Nazi clause that will entitle him to limit distribution of CD to only those who truly appreciate how much he's suffered over this album.  I wake up in a cold sweat after hearing 'NO CD FOR YOU!!'    nervous
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #362 on: March 19, 2007, 07:41:51 PM »

it's hard being a fan, when there's nothing to be a fan of.

Maybe you should leave then.  Tongue

Obviously this band isn't for you.......  Tongue

With that being said, I'm also a fan of the "We don't give a fuck" attitude that GN'R has always had.

Now it seems like many of you would rather have a GN'R who has a "how may we serve you today?" attitude.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #363 on: March 19, 2007, 08:05:19 PM »

it's hard being a fan, when there's nothing to be a fan of.

Maybe you should leave then.  Tongue

Obviously this band isn't for you.......  Tongue

aint it a little bit pretentious to be telling people if they should or should not be the fans?
and if we're all "anti-leaks", how's a normal guy supposed to know what the band is all about? why is a normal dude supposed to be a fan of? Or are we supposed to be fans on faith?
and even if we are the fans of the band, who are we fans really of?, when it's hard even to keep track who's really in the band.
untill the C D is out, it's virtually impossible being a fan of anything except Axl.
every guy that turned into a BH fan in 2002... got basked by 2004... better not risk liking anyone anymore.

and what's with your arrogance. you and I know that after that I said;"only thing that keeps me on is the faith they can pull it off, and make great music."

you dude are really on a ego trip. this is getting futile. every time someone goes into a discussion you chose to take something out of the context and make a smartass comment about it and letting the hordes of your little all-agreeing gnomes tear those people a new asshole... and label them as haters.

Sometimes, a guy feels like Joseph K in Kafka's process here. I have no idea what I did sometimes to piss off the gods, but here I am entangled in neverending process, and I have no idea what the bloody rules are, especially since my every 5th post gets deleted for no reason or explanation. I guess sometimes I'm blamed only for saying the obvious truth. but people around would rather agree to say that "king is NOT naked" after all.

With that being said, I'm also a fan of the "We don't give a fuck" attitude that GN'R has always had.

yeah... the band is a great if you want a role model...
but not if you're here for the music.
I'm not a groupie or any other sort of a fanboy wanker.
I accidentally got tied into this waiting game because in 2000 I was hoping I'd hear some good music, and I'm gonna stick it out till the bitter end, maybe to spite people, or at least so the years I've been around so far dont go to waste.

yeah,... they are really "We don't give a fuck"... the latest Gnr.com updates say diferently... infact it suggests that they do give a fuck... especially about the lame details such as the manequin.

Now it seems like many of you would rather have a GN'R who has a "how may we serve you today?" attitude.....

well, merck was an improvement Cheesy
but I never asked for a "bend over band"...
they can keep their mouth shut for all I care... and in retrospective, I hope they didnt talk sometimes.
like numerous, "soon" over the 7 years I've been here.

I'm one of the few people that have been on the forums ever since gnronline, and I wont take some bullshit comments by 13 year old kids calling me a fucking hater, same goes for you.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 08:25:47 PM by Lucky » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
blackvelvet
Banned
Headliner

sexcrimesex

« Reply #364 on: March 19, 2007, 08:13:52 PM »

But - ALL relationships: Business or personal require mutual respect to work.  GNR has never had a good relationship with its fans - result: negativity amongst the fans.

Ok - I understand there will always be the negative people.  And those I would say deserve to be ignored.  But Ive seen fans here who I would of NEVER thought could ever change their feelings towards Axl and GNR - but they have.  That just says that Axl and GNR are really pushing it.

Assumptions are the mother of all fuck ups

Myspace Page http://www.myspace.com/babyvicious
tsoky2003
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #365 on: March 19, 2007, 08:23:16 PM »

Jarmo you have a great site,and some good points.But lets be real for a bit.Yes we have been lied too,quite often.Ill still continue to support the band and your site.Feel free to throwm me off if thats what you must do.But im a man that belives in truth.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #366 on: March 19, 2007, 08:28:28 PM »

Ung.  I'm really getting sick of being lumped in with other "complainers".  I wasn't happy with the last "updates"...but I changed my mind about.  But even then, I was still considered "just one of the complainers" who complains about the shows and the setlists, which I never have since I always liked them quite a bit.  The black/white attitude from EVERYONE around here is annoying.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
tsoky2003
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #367 on: March 19, 2007, 08:32:10 PM »

I work two jobs to support my family,but still find time to come here every day .We have spent tons of money on this man that we all love.We put him in that mansion on the hill,and he cant even give us any news.Where do you think w axl rose would be with out us.Chances are {dead}I dont care if you kick me off for being honest.
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #368 on: March 19, 2007, 08:50:58 PM »

I work two jobs to support my family,but still find time to come here every day .We have spent tons of money on this man that we all love.We put him in that mansion on the hill,and he cant even give us any news.Where do you think w axl rose would be with out us.Chances are {dead}I dont care if you kick me off for being honest.
nope.. we are quite unimportant, since average fan here is 18-25, and most of us had nothing to do with the success of the appetite.
the people who made GNR big are about 30-40 now, and dont spend time on forums.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
blackvelvet
Banned
Headliner

sexcrimesex

« Reply #369 on: March 19, 2007, 08:53:32 PM »

I wish that were true but its not.  His talent put him up on that hill.  Yeah - maybe a little of fan loyalty but mostly his talent.

Assumptions are the mother of all fuck ups

Myspace Page http://www.myspace.com/babyvicious
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #370 on: March 19, 2007, 09:00:44 PM »

I'm one of the few people that have been on the forums ever since gnronline

Don't flatter yourself.
I've been on GN'R boards since the gnronline days too, then 2TI, then HTGTH, I just don't see the need to brag about it.
You are truly a sad person. Just give it up if it's too much for you here. Like Jarmo said, leave, this band obviously isn't for you if all you want to do is moan and complain.

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #371 on: March 19, 2007, 09:06:49 PM »

Don't flatter yourself.
I've been on GN'R boards since the gnronline days too, then 2TI, then HTGTH, I just don't see the need to brag about it.
You are truly a sad person. Just give it up if it's too much for you here. Like Jarmo said, leave, this band obviously isn't for you if all you want to do is moan and complain.
I aint bragging about it, it's a sad thing, ever since than I still have to deal with the likes of you.

edit, and after reading your last posts that are actually in the GNR section, no wonder you dont brag about it... you're to bussy licking jarmo's ass...and posting in the jungle, since only 10 posts you made so far are in GNR section, and 3 of those, you were asking for me getting banned. ok
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 09:21:53 PM by Lucky » Logged

bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #372 on: March 19, 2007, 09:08:09 PM »

going to guns shows makes me want to hear the new album even more. Who here would honestly just be happy going to a guns n roses show a couple of times every 5 years without them ever releasing an album? If you realy dont mind that then honestly i kind of feel sory for you. I personaly would like to get some results for the band I constantly defend......give me some backup...Axl throw me a frikin bone dude!

That's how I feel whenever someone says, "Hey, they're touring, what more can you ask for?" Well, I can ask for the album, that's what.

On a side note, I have not been able to dedicate any serious time to HTGTH in the past few weeks because of work, and when I come back, there's nothing new going on with the band besides baseless rumors. Isn't that worrisome? I was hoping for something before the tour, but I'm doubting that now.

Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #373 on: March 19, 2007, 09:19:34 PM »

I'm so sick of all you so-called "fans" who demand the album to come out, who demand updates, who can't even appreciate a Guns N' Roses tour because the album isn't out yet. Fuck all you people, who are you to tell Axl what to do? I'm so sick of the negativity, some of you people will never be happy, even when CD is out you will find something to complain about. "Why doesn't CD sell more? We waited all these years for this, where are all the AFD style rockers?" - God, you people make me sick. You can't demand shit from Axl. We should be grateful he is doing his very best to make the best damn GN'R record possible, he doesn't have to do it, but he does. But I guess that isn't enough. I know someone will probably reply to this with "I've waited for a decade for this thing, Axl has fucked us over in the past, without us he wouldn't have a profession!" - Well guess what, without him you wouldn't have some of the best rock music ever made so shut the fuck up with the moaning.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #374 on: March 19, 2007, 09:23:41 PM »

I'm so sick of all you so-called "fans" who demand the album to come out, who demand updates, who can't even appreciate a Guns N' Roses tour because the album isn't out yet. Fuck all you people, who are you to tell Axl what to do? I'm so sick of the negativity, some of you people will never be happy, even when CD is out you will find something to complain about. "Why doesn't CD sell more? We waited all these years for this, where are all the AFD style rockers?" - God, you people make me sick. You can't demand shit from Axl. We should be grateful he is doing his very best to make the best damn GN'R record possible, he doesn't have to do it, but he does. But I guess that isn't enough. I know someone will probably reply to this with "I've waited for a decade for this thing, Axl has fucked us over in the past, without us he wouldn't have a profession!" - Well guess what, without him you wouldn't have some of the best rock music ever made so shut the fuck up with the moaning.

who are you to say who's a fan, and who's not?!
dont flatter your self... Axl doesnt need you to defend him... he has enough real advocates already, and if they need a but kiss, you'll be the first one they'll call.

tsoky2003
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #375 on: March 19, 2007, 09:24:33 PM »

Yeah but if it wasnt for the 40 yr old fans buying the shit out of the product,you youngsters wouldnt be here.And buy the way i spent over a thosand bucks on 3 shows this year.Im complaining.FUCK YES I AM
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #376 on: March 19, 2007, 09:25:20 PM »

Don't flatter yourself.
I aint bragging about it, it's a sad thing, ever since than I still have to deal with the likes of you.

edit, and after reading your last posts that are actually in the GNR section, no wonder you dont brag about it... you're to bussy licking jarmo's ass...and posting in the jungle, since only 10 posts you made so far are in GNR section, and 3 of those, you were asking for me getting banned. ok

Man save it. Who cares if your 30 or 40? Who cares if you've been around since gnronline?

You sure don't sound 30. Don't come off as mature at all.

gnrevolution.com
Lucky
Legend

« Reply #377 on: March 19, 2007, 09:27:16 PM »

Don't flatter yourself.

Man save it. Who cares if your 30 or 40? Who cares if you've been around since gnronline?

You sure don't sound 30. Don't come off as mature at all.
that's because I'm 22.

Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #378 on: March 19, 2007, 09:28:21 PM »

dont flatter your self... Axl doesnt need you to defend him... he has enough real advocates already, and if they need a but kiss, you'll be the first one they'll call.

What is this, kindergarten? Do you really have to repeat what I told you and turn it around to be able to make your point?
I know Axl doesn't need me to defend him, but guess what? This is a fan board, we are here to talk about our favorite band and I'm gonna speak my mind about how I feel, like it or not. Just because I'm not some self-righteous fuck who can't do enough with his own life and thus feeling bitter that Axl doesn't give him what he wants when he wants it doesn't make me an ass kisser. Get the fuck over yourself.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #379 on: March 19, 2007, 09:30:53 PM »

What is this, kindergarten? Do you really have to repeat what I told you and turn it around to be able to make your point?
I know Axl doesn't need me to defend him, but guess what? This is a fan board, we are here to talk about our favorite band and I'm gonna speak my mind about how I feel, like it or not. Just because I'm not some self-righteous fuck who can't do enough with his own life and thus feeling bitter that Axl doesn't give him what he wants when he wants it doesn't make me an ass kisser. Get the fuck over yourself.

Hello panties, meet wad.

You're right, this is a fan board, and people are here to talk about their favorite band. Positive and negative. Blindly following without seeing both sides is for cults, not rock bands.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 09:34:15 PM by bigbri » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: