Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:02:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  .
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: .  (Read 70966 times)
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #340 on: March 19, 2007, 03:55:56 PM »

now i know some clown will say "if you want to be treated like a fan, act like one." that's a joke. look at what this band has done to its 'fans' in the past 15 years

They haven't done anything to you.

I fail to see how they've affected your life in anyway, you choose to come to the site every day.  Has Axl ever held a gun to your head and made you?

I highly doubt it.  Get a grip.

"We do hope you can hold on just a bit longer, and if not, please take a break and we?ll be more than glad -- if you so choose -- to see you again later."

It seems you can't hold on, go ahead, take a break, come back when the album's out.  You're not acting like a fan, you're acting like a spoilt child.
fink_owns_slash
Banned
Headliner

coen brothers' 1991 masterpiece 'barton fink'

« Reply #341 on: March 19, 2007, 04:14:39 PM »

I fail to see how they've affected your life in anyway, you choose to come to the site every day.? Has Axl ever held a gun to your head and made you?

I highly doubt it.? Get a grip.

what a great cop out. OF COURSE axl hasn't held a gun to my head. but what he has done is promise a album (at least) three times in '06 alone, about to embark on his third (or fourth if you count 02) CHINESE DEMOCRACY tour (thats fraudulent to say the least), and promised a cd after "minor- and i do mean minor" things (i wouldn't count ACTUAL recording as 'minor'). most fans agree that nobody expected an album on march 6, then tell me how can you worship somebody that HAS ABSOLUTELY NO CREDIBILITY to you? seems strange to me.

people will say, "if you hate the band so much why are you here?" the answer? because i still respect some of the other guys in the band, and i am interested in what they will add to the mix. (finck, fotus, stinson, reed, and pitman)

to find out when chinese democracy comes out check out '14 years' (its only been 12; we have 2 left... sorry)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #342 on: March 19, 2007, 04:44:30 PM »

tell me who ever told you to worship him. absolutely no one.
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #343 on: March 19, 2007, 04:57:32 PM »

I fail to see how they've affected your life in anyway, you choose to come to the site every day.? Has Axl ever held a gun to your head and made you?

what a great cop out. OF COURSE axl hasn't held a gun to my head. but what he has done is promise a album (at least) three times in '06 alone, about to embark on his third (or fourth if you count 02) CHINESE DEMOCRACY tour (thats fraudulent to say the least), and promised a cd after "minor- and i do mean minor" things (i wouldn't count ACTUAL recording as 'minor'). most fans agree that nobody expected an album on march 6, then tell me how can you worship somebody that HAS ABSOLUTELY NO CREDIBILITY to you? seems strange to me.

people will say, "if you hate the band so much why are you here?" the answer? because i still respect some of the other guys in the band, and i am interested in what they will add to the mix. (finck, fotus, stinson, reed, and pitman)

I think a lot of you are missing the point.
It's not that Axl is forcing anyone to be a fan. He made thousands and thousands of fans with great music. Fans still like Axl because of that music, and because fans are loyal to musicians they admire.
The problem is, 99% of other bands and artists show that same respect back to the fans.
Not the broken promises, dissapointments, chaos, laziness and disorganization that GnR has shown.

I'm not bitter or upset myself, I just can see why so many people are. He's failed to deliver too many times, and really turned a lot of people off.
« Reply #344 on: March 19, 2007, 05:07:02 PM »

So what you're saying is, Axl promised an album which would be released once a few minor things were out of the way, and that no-one expected him to meet the tentative deadline that he proposed? Logically meaning that the fact that the deadline has passed without the release is no big deal as it's what we all expected, and now that the minor things are done and a tour is apparently starting to take shape all Axl needs to do is release the album to have kept his word? GREAT! Wait, what were you complaining about again?
fink_owns_slash
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #345 on: March 19, 2007, 05:08:31 PM »

I think a lot of you are missing the point.
It's not that Axl is forcing anyone to be a fan. He made thousands and thousands of fans with great music. Fans still like Axl because of that music, and because fans are loyal to musicians they admire.
The problem is, 99% of other bands and artists show that same respect back to the fans.
Not the broken promises, dissapointments, chaos, laziness and disorganization that GnR has shown.

I'm not bitter or upset myself, I just can see why so many people are. He's failed to deliver too many times, and really turned a lot of people off.

thanks, somebody with a brain. i mean if you look above i say nothing about him being worshipped by me, i was just commenting on how many people on this board overestimate axl (call him a god, ect).

to find out when chinese democracy comes out check out '14 years' (its only been 12; we have 2 left... sorry)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #346 on: March 19, 2007, 05:09:06 PM »

the broken promises.......He's failed to deliver too many times,

how many? Huh as far as I know it has happened only once that is the 2006 one.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #347 on: March 19, 2007, 05:15:16 PM »

i was just commenting on how many people on this board overestimate axl (call him a god, ect).

Like who? who is calling him a god?
« Reply #348 on: March 19, 2007, 05:22:41 PM »

i was just commenting on how many people on this board overestimate axl (call him a god, ect).

Didn't you get the memo? Turns out that anyone who isn't mortally wounded by a total stranger not fulfilling his half-hinted-at "promises" is clearly a total Axl Cultist, blindly devoted to their demonic master. It was proven, there was math.
fink_owns_slash
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #349 on: March 19, 2007, 05:31:06 PM »

Didn't you get the memo? Turns out that anyone who isn't mortally wounded by a total stranger not fulfilling his half-hinted-at "promises" is clearly a total Axl Cultist, blindly devoted to their demonic master. It was proven, there was math.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?action=profile;u=8291

try that thats just one... most around here would defend axl like he was there mother, like you guys are doing now. thats what i'm saying i don't understand... an artist that doesn't care about his fans, yet relies on them to live day to day (financially)-- for 15 years.

« Reply #350 on: March 19, 2007, 05:35:21 PM »

try that thats just one... most around here would defend axl like he was there mother, like you guys are doing now. thats what i'm saying i don't understand... an artist that doesn't care about his fans, yet relies on them to live day to day (financially)-- for 15 years.
You're right! That is just one.
And you're clearly not mistaken, we must be defending Axl Rose because we disagree with you. I mean, that's the only possible explanation, right?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #351 on: March 19, 2007, 05:41:10 PM »

Great example! A guy who used the board for only 5 days back in May 2006!!! With 9 posts!! Man, that only could mean that everybody thinks Axl is god!!!! Roll Eyes

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #352 on: March 19, 2007, 05:57:57 PM »

To my understanding he cares. yet he doesn't need to rely on you financially.
Most people buy cds for the joy the music provides.

@ 25 I'm a little confused. Now a god is a demonic master and axl is a mother? He looks a human male to me???
« Reply #353 on: March 19, 2007, 06:07:35 PM »

@ 25 I'm a little confused. Now a god is a demonic master and axl is a mother? He looks a human male to me???
It makes as much sense as the rest of the argument, I'd say.
Axl is actually a leprechaun. Not a lot of people know that.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #354 on: March 19, 2007, 06:08:18 PM »

What a bunch of bullshit from you again.

He doesn't care? He could've put out multiple new albums with shitty songs only to take your money. I guess then you could've said "he cares AND relies on me financially".  Roll Eyes

Did you ever notice that at fast food places you get the food almost instantly, but at finer restaurants you have to wait for them to prepare the food for you? The burger makes your hunger go away, but often it doesn't taste that good and you won't remember the meal a year later.

That's how you want your music. To be like fast food. Junk. You want it straight away so you feel happy for a while, then whine about how there should be more. Repeat, repeat.....

While we're on the subject of you, and people like you. I think you're in the minority. A lot of fans don't take everything so personally like you do. The whiners like to post though and it often seems like they're the majority.

Many of these so called "realists" will never be happy because they'll always keep looking for faults. Instead of going to a show and think "this is great!" and be happy with that, they'll say "this is great but they should've....".

Now they're complaining about the updates, because first they didn't get any updates and when we did, it wasn't good enough. So once the album is out, the old "there's no album" won't work. I wonder what'll happen? Probably "it wasn't worth the wait", "this song sucks", "it's not good enough", "it's too long", "the mix sucks", "there's not enough swearing", "the packaging is stupid"...

Because I'm one of those people who can be happy with what we get, because I understand the whole concept of artistic freedom and don't think artists owe me anything, I get labeled all kinds of things. The funny thing is that I didn't become a fan of GN'R, because I wanted them to be something else, I became a fan of what they are/were and create.

Constructive criticism is one thing, but all these whiny posts with nothing more than whining because Axl "owes" you, is boring and pointless.

The fact that some of you constantly assume you're being lied to by the band while believing almost any rumor and bullshit article is sad. Yet you demand Axl and the band should give you more respect. They should respect people who are calling them all liars on a daily basis?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #355 on: March 19, 2007, 06:11:28 PM »

you guys need to come to the jungle and talk about more important stuff for a while ... like gucci sunglasses.

CD will come, when it comes. and it's gonna be goooood Wink

Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #356 on: March 19, 2007, 06:18:30 PM »

Because I'm one of those people who can be happy with what we get, because I understand the whole concept of artistic freedom and don't think artists owe me anything, I get labeled all kinds of things. The funny thing is that I didn't become a fan of GN'R, because I wanted them to be something else, I became a fan of what they are/were and create.

it's hard being a fan, when there's nothing to be a fan of. I'm here for the music, not because I like Axl's braids, Fincks beard, BBF's guitar....
I'd like to have some music of the band I can be a fan of. so far I've seen them live and that's it. not enough to go on for years.

only thing that keeps me on is the faith they can pull it off, and make great music.

Constructive criticism is one thing, but all these whiny posts with nothing more than whining because Axl "owes" you, is boring and pointless.

yeah, but there's a lot of people(witch hunters) who take every constructive critic as an insult to the band.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 06:20:26 PM by Lucky » Logged

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #357 on: March 19, 2007, 06:37:46 PM »

yeah, but there's a lot of people(witch hunters) who take every constructive critic as an insult to the band.

like who?

Seemingly there're some witch hunters who take every positive fan as a total Axl Cultist, blindly devoted to their demonic master....
Rhino
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #358 on: March 19, 2007, 06:56:46 PM »

going to guns shows makes me want to hear the new album even more. Who here would honestly just be happy going to a guns n roses show a couple of times every 5 years without them ever releasing an album? If you realy dont mind that then honestly i kind of feel sory for you. I personaly would like to get some results for the band I constantly defend......give me some backup...Axl throw me a frikin bone dude!
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #359 on: March 19, 2007, 06:59:00 PM »

What a bunch of bullshit from you again.

He doesn't care? He could've put out multiple new albums with shitty songs only to take your money. I guess then you could've said "he cares AND relies on me financially".? Roll Eyes

Did you ever notice that at fast food places you get the food almost instantly, but at finer restaurants you have to wait for them to prepare the food for you? The burger makes your hunger go away, but often it doesn't taste that good and you won't remember the meal a year later.

That's how you want your music. To be like fast food. Junk. You want it straight away so you feel happy for a while, then whine about how there should be more. Repeat, repeat.....

While we're on the subject of you, and people like you. I think you're in the minority. A lot of fans don't take everything so personally like you do. The whiners like to post though and it often seems like they're the majority.

Many of these so called "realists" will never be happy because they'll always keep looking for faults. Instead of going to a show and think "this is great!" and be happy with that, they'll say "this is great but they should've....".

Now they're complaining about the updates, because first they didn't get any updates and when we did, it wasn't good enough. So once the album is out, the old "there's no album" won't work. I wonder what'll happen? Probably "it wasn't worth the wait", "this song sucks", "it's not good enough", "it's too long", "the mix sucks", "there's not enough swearing", "the packaging is stupid"...

The fact that some of you constantly assume you're being lied to by the band while believing almost any rumor and bullshit article is sad. Yet you demand Axl and the band should give you more respect. They should respect people who are calling them all liars on a daily basis?

/jarmo

Could not have been said better.
The complainers can settle for VR and Good Charlotte if they want rushed, boring music.

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: