Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:11:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  .
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: .  (Read 70985 times)
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #280 on: March 13, 2007, 05:02:27 PM »

Maybe Gn'R were supposed to deliver the finished mix of Better during 2006 and failed to do so (just as they failed to deliver the album). No doubt Harley Davison got pissed off by this, used Paradise City, and scrapped the Better idea. The Harley advert looked like it had a ton of money spent on it, and I doubt they wanted to delay there advert going out, as they had probably already spent months deciding when the ad was due to air, and it's not like Harley are going to hang around for a band, even if that band happens to be Gn'R.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #281 on: March 13, 2007, 05:03:03 PM »

I understand how it looks that way to you. ?And I can imagine how frustrating that must be.

But from my perspective, my whining comes from a genuine desire to see Axl Rose, my childhood hero, succeed at his goals and release great new music. ?To me, a lesser "fair weather fan" would have given up on Axl by now. ?

I've got lots of friends who were huge, die hard GNR fans back in the day. ?But when the original band broke up and Axl humilliated himself at the VMA's in 2001, they gave up. ?They just laugh at Axl. ?They laugh at the idea that a band of "replacements" can tour year after year, playing music they didn't write. ?They've completely given up on GNR and Axl.

I haven't. ?Though I don't know Danny and some of the other "whiners" around here, I suspect they feel the same way. ?

Axl is a massive talent. ?He was a huge inspiration to me as a kid, and I want him to be a part of my adulthood too. ?Through all these years of bullshit, I've never given up on my belief that Axl Rose still has something very beautiful left to give the world. ?And I'm going to be at the front of the line the day it comes out.

But to succeed again, I sincerely believe that Axl MUST do something about his awful, awful PR. ?The fact that Jarmo has to police Axl's own FAN BOARDS should tell you something about how bad his public image is right now.

We could endlessly debate how it got there, but that doesn't matter. ?The past is the past. ?Axl just has to worry about the future.

So when the band's management makes, what I consider to be, huge mistakes (13 Tuesdays bullshit, Del's insulting articles, touring without the album, touring without the album again, touring without the album for a third time), I bitch about it. ?It's very frustrating to see Axl and his managers make the same mistakes.

In the end, we all have the same goal: ?to get Axl Rose making music again.

We just have different ideas of how that will happen. ?

Very well said. ?I aggree 100%. ?I don't know how anybody can sensibly argue with this.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #282 on: March 13, 2007, 05:05:04 PM »

"In the end, we all have the same goal:  to get Axl Rose making music again."

er, he's done with making music. It's in the mixing stage already. Keep up!  hihi
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #283 on: March 13, 2007, 05:05:23 PM »

MotherGooseLuv, all you?ve been doing for the last weeks is to tell us about all this secret info, that ems, or to be more exact, you?ve got from axl personally. why don?t you just tell everyone what you know??  because axl doesn?t want his fans to know it?? because he trusted specifically you??

all right man....  he was having fun at a party and told some stranger from a gnr/pittman website he`s never seen before, why chinese democracy was delayed/whatever and he seriously doesn?t want that info to be publicly known?? you can?t be serious.......

all you?re doing is trying to sound like an insider by continuously mentioning axl telling you his biggest secrets etc during the first time you?ve ever met him...  i mean... well.. he probably told you some stuff. good for you, keep it to yourself and stop bragging about it.

things are really getting out of hand at the moment......

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
fink_owns_slash
Banned
Headliner

coen brothers' 1991 masterpiece 'barton fink'

« Reply #284 on: March 13, 2007, 05:05:29 PM »

yeah i'd love to be able to tell "a real fan" to "fuck off" then hide behind "i was just joking" and NOT get banned but it will not happen, so i won't. but since i can't see people's faces (since we are on the internet... all i can do is read what you typed) i have to take whats typed.

back to the discussion... why does NOBODY in the g n r camp have a blog and or online diary? thats a good way to communicate with fans. sometimes i think g n r just needs to become more net savvy. look at most/all big bands have this. it could help with all this confusion.

to find out when chinese democracy comes out check out '14 years' (its only been 12; we have 2 left... sorry)
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #285 on: March 13, 2007, 05:09:58 PM »

This whole thread has turned to sh-t. Consign-it to Deadhorse immediately.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #286 on: March 13, 2007, 05:24:40 PM »

Oh, sorry Jim Bob.? I mistakenly thought your lovely "whiny ass bitch" comment was directed at people who are whining.

Now I realize that the comment wasn't actually directed at anyone and didn't have anything to do with the conversation we were having.? Thanks for clearing that up, buddy!? ?ok

ah so you were whining!? then perhaps my comments were directed at you.

find a hobby or something.? seriously, this consumes some of you people to the point where you come here everyday to whine.? ?thats really fucking sad.

I understand how it looks that way to you.? And I can imagine how frustrating that must be.

But from my perspective, my whining comes from a genuine desire to see Axl Rose, my childhood hero, succeed at his goals and release great new music.? To me, a lesser "fair weather fan" would have given up on Axl by now.?

I've got lots of friends who were huge, die hard GNR fans back in the day.? But when the original band broke up and Axl humilliated himself at the VMA's in 2001, they gave up.? They just laugh at Axl.? They laugh at the idea that a band of "replacements" can tour year after year, playing music they didn't write.? They've completely given up on GNR and Axl.

I haven't.? Though I don't know Danny and some of the other "whiners" around here, I suspect they feel the same way.?

Axl is a massive talent.? He was a huge inspiration to me as a kid, and I want him to be a part of my adulthood too.? Through all these years of bullshit, I've never given up on my belief that Axl Rose still has something very beautiful left to give the world.? And I'm going to be at the front of the line the day it comes out.

But to succeed again, I sincerely believe that Axl MUST do something about his awful, awful PR.? The fact that Jarmo has to police Axl's own FAN BOARDS should tell you something about how bad his public image is right now.

We could endlessly debate how it got there, but that doesn't matter.? The past is the past.? Axl just has to worry about the future.

So when the band's management makes, what I consider to be, huge mistakes (13 Tuesdays bullshit, Del's insulting articles, touring without the album, touring without the album again, touring without the album for a third time), I bitch about it.? It's very frustrating to see Axl and his managers make the same mistakes.

In the end, we all have the same goal:? to get Axl Rose making music again.

We just have different ideas of how that will happen.?

You have an opinion, and that is fine. But that is all it is, an opinion.

If you want to help Axl, just be a fan. There are enough critics around.

There's nothing worse in life than a non driver sitting on the back seat telling the driver how to drive his vehicle.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #287 on: March 13, 2007, 05:27:57 PM »

I agree Mysteron.  With "fans" like these, who needs critics  Roll Eyes
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #288 on: March 13, 2007, 05:32:52 PM »

There's nothing worse in life than a non driver sitting on the back seat telling the driver how to drive his vehicle.

So, arent you basically being a backseat driver to us fans?  Aren't you telling us how we are supposed to be fans?

GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #289 on: March 13, 2007, 05:37:07 PM »

I agree Mysteron. With "fans" like these, who needs critics Roll Eyes

exactly i agree 100% yes

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #290 on: March 13, 2007, 05:37:29 PM »

So, arent you basically being a backseat driver to us fans?? Aren't you telling us how we are supposed to be fans?

I shouldn't be telling you anything

Some stuff that is being posted is irrational and fuelled with paranoia. Some is autistic in nature

It is driving the thread, and that is wrong.
fink_owns_slash
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #291 on: March 13, 2007, 05:37:59 PM »

So, arent you basically being a backseat driver to us fans?? Aren't you telling us how we are supposed to be fans?

yes they are.

i like my friends to be honest with me and not constently blow me and agree with every thing that that comes out of my mouth. as i've said before, i bet axl wants fans-- NOT clones. what ever happened to "lead singer of BAD ASS take no prisoners G N R"? now they can't take a little constructive critiques. SO LAME.

to find out when chinese democracy comes out check out '14 years' (its only been 12; we have 2 left... sorry)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #292 on: March 13, 2007, 05:39:16 PM »

It's more like complaining about a bothering situation, I would say. There is only one driver in this situation, and it's Axl. If you keep whining about something, of course there is a right to complain about that.

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #293 on: March 13, 2007, 05:42:39 PM »

Quote from: Danny on Today at 05:32:52 PM

So, arent you basically being a backseat driver to us fans?  Aren't you telling us how we are supposed to be fans?

I shouldn't be telling you anything

Some stuff that is being posted is irrational and fuelled with paranoia. Some is autistic in nature

It is driving the thread, and that is wrong.

If that is so wrong, then maybe you should just suggest that the thread is closed. 

And by the way, I personally take offence at the "autistic in nature" line being the parent of an autistic child.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #294 on: March 13, 2007, 05:43:56 PM »

what ever happened to "lead singer of BAD ASS take no prisoners G N R"?

Haha!

Nice contradiction.

First you wonder what happened to the BAD ASS band. Then you want them to do whatever you tell them to....

now they can't take a little constructive critiques. SO LAME.

Define "a little".

This isn't about constructive criticism.

Many of the people who are complaining don't even try to understand the other possibilities. They don't want to understand that this is how the band works. No, the band must change to fit your needs.

It's weird.  We who are skeptical don't lob insults like "fuck off" "go check your fucking fax machine" or "get the fuck out of here" and we are considered the haters.

Poor victim. You're obviously the biggest supporter of the band.

The kind of people we want more of here.

People who'll never be happy and try to bring everybody who dares to remain optimistic down....

Poor poor Danny.

You seem skeptical about everything.

You don't think the album will be out, you think Dizzy lies to us, you don't like the updates.....

We have a bunch of record company people, marketing people, managers, lawyers and whatever other profession there is in the music business, posting here.....  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #295 on: March 13, 2007, 05:48:15 PM »

I, for one, can't at all understand how you people (the negative ones) have to try to define being a fan. Us real fans come here to support the band we really like (are fans of) and hang out and read and post, you people come to tell the band what to do and accuse them of lying. Real fans? I don't think so.

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #296 on: March 13, 2007, 05:48:45 PM »

We have a bunch of record company people, marketing people, managers, lawyers and whatever other profession there is in the music business, posting here

The most popular for sometime has been mixer and mastering

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #297 on: March 13, 2007, 05:48:58 PM »

People who'll never be happy and try to bring everybody who dares to remain optimistic down....

Poor poor Danny.

You don't think the album will be out, you think Dizzy lies to us, you don't like the updates.....

You know what then? ?Fuckin' ban me again. ?Christ. ?I try to play nice. ?I try to give an honest opinion either way. ?I admit when I'm wrong. ?I say when somebody on my side says something against you that's wrong and defend you. ?And this is what I get for it. ?More insults. ?Sorry that I'm not angling to be a part of the inner-circle like you are. ?Pathetic.

fink_owns_slash
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #298 on: March 13, 2007, 05:49:34 PM »

what ever happened to "lead singer of BAD ASS take no prisoners G N R"?

Haha!

Nice contradiction.

First you wonder what happened to the BAD ASS band. Then you want them to do whatever you tell them to....

now they can't take a little constructive critiques. SO LAME.

Define "a little".

This isn't about constructive criticism.

Many of the people who are complaining don't even try to understand the other possibilities. They don't want to understand that this is how the band works. No, the band must change to fit your needs.

It's weird.? We who are skeptical don't lob insults like "fuck off" "go check your fucking fax machine" or "get the fuck out of here" and we are considered the haters.

Poor poor Danny.

We have a bunch of record company people, marketing people, managers, lawyers and whatever other profession there is in the music business, posting here.....? hihi

/jarmo

never said i wanted this band to "fit my needs" i think they should do things they say they are going to. everybody must say... 12+ for an album is absurd.

jarmo since you said "fuck off" i believe i get one "free" insult.

you're a puppet.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #299 on: March 13, 2007, 05:51:24 PM »

I, for one, can't at all understand how you people (the negative ones) have to try to define being a fan. Us real fans come here to support the band we really like (are fans of) and hang out and read and post, you people come to tell the band what to do and accuse them of lying. Real fans? I don't think so.

and they ruin every goddamn thread in the process.   It doesn't matter what the topic says, it all ends up with how unhappy they are and how big a fuck up Axl is. 

The complainers should find a board that embraces negative whiny "fans" and embraces critics and fans alike.   A board that wants their reunion threads and their open letters to Axl about how he fucks everything up.    I know they exist too.. they aren't hard to find.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: