Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:04:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  .
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: .  (Read 70970 times)
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #260 on: March 13, 2007, 04:09:55 PM »

why dont u get minus karma jarmo? huh? huh?  confused

Yeah, I'm gonna ban myself from this board that I created so that people like you can turn it into a shit hole.

If you disrespect this place and me, I might react to that. Get used to it.
/jarmo

I didn't ask you to ban yourself jarmo.    no

I was simply suggesting that you should be eligible to receive negative karma just like the rest of us.    hihi   rofl
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #261 on: March 13, 2007, 04:10:23 PM »

some whiny ass bitches.? what a disgrace.? ? fuck if everything this band did made me so upset I wouldn't bother.? ? This has to be a new lowpoint for an already pathetic "fan"base.

Now I'm a whiny ass bitch, disgrace, pathetic "fan" because I think these updates were weak and fail to shed any light on Chinese Democracy or the process Axl's working through?

And jarmo's telling people to "fuck off?"

Wow... the stress is getting to everyone. ?We just handle it in different ways. ?Some people blame the band's management. ?Some people blame the people who blame the band's management.

I think it's funny that the "no insults" rule doesn't apply to some.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #262 on: March 13, 2007, 04:11:18 PM »

I'm not.  It's been pretty well-documented around here that I've thought that this album is NEVER coming out.  I went to the shows because I knew they would fucking rule.  And guess what?  They did.  Uh oh.  I just said something positive, Jarms.

So, why do you care about the updates then?

You sure do make alot of assumptions about people around here.  Everything isn't black and white, you know.

You're one to talk about that. Everything is black for you as far as I can tell by your recent posts.

There probably would be some people still complaining, but I don't think that there would be nearly as many.  I know I would'nt be complaining about this if it happened and it was consistant.

The people doing most of the complaining in this thread are basically you, Jackamo!, Russian Roulette, MotherGooseLUVR.

Most others are reasonable and they can see that not everything is so black and white.

"We don't get updates!  crying "

"Is that site turning into a another Gnronline which will never be updated?  crying "

So what happens when they've updated the site twice in just a few days?

"We don't get the right updates!  crying "

"They probably don't want to give a release date until it's set in stone to avoid another tentative date incident"

"But they should at least tell us when it might be out!  crying "

"But last time a release date didn't happen, you got so sad...."

"But Axl should tell us a new tentative date! We deserve to know!  crying "

"Don't you understand why it might not be a good idea?"

"No! I want a release date! I don't care about the mixing! I want the album out!  crying "

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #263 on: March 13, 2007, 04:15:28 PM »

It was more of a joke. Some of you don't seem to understand when I'm trying to reason so I have to be blunt.

I've tried to explain the updates and no release date info for days, weeks, months.... But still people refuse to take a deep breath and consider the other possibilities.

I guess it's impossible to consider anything else is possible when you've told yourself the band lies to us all the time for years.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #264 on: March 13, 2007, 04:15:35 PM »

This is just about what you said and me wanting to seriously know if there is ANYTHING that the band could say that you would'nt believe.?

Yes, if they said "That Danny sure is a nice positive fellow", I wouldn't buy it.

Some people bought tickets for the last two "Chinese Democracy World Tours" under the impression that they had something to do with Chinese Democracy.? I can understand why they'd feel disappointed.

I assume you, Jackamo! and Danny are among those people?

/jarmo

No, actually. ?As I've said over and over again, I go to see Guns because Axl is one of my heroes and always has been. ?Even through the humiliating 2001/2002 years, I continued to see and support Axl.

I just suggested that maybe, somewhere, there are fans out there who've been fooled into thinking CD was coming out... based on the fact that they're embarking on their third consecutive Chinese Democracy World Tour.

Jarmo, you always like to play that little game. ?Someone makes a criticism, and you blow it up and distort the intent of their message to make them seem unreasonable.

If someone says, "I think GnR could do a much better job of updating their fans on these annyong delays."
And you respond with something like, "What do you want Axl to do? ?Sit at his computer all day, posting little updates like 'we just mixed part of Better."

No. ?You know perfectly well what people are talking about when they say they want updates. ?They want the same information that you have. ?The same information that EMS has. ?The same information that Talking Metal has. ?The same information that every member of the band has, but is under a retarded gag order that keeps them from sharing it with their long suffering fans.

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #265 on: March 13, 2007, 04:16:35 PM »

Quote from: Danny on Today at 04:05:59 PM
I'm not. ?It's been pretty well-documented around here that I've thought that this album is NEVER coming out. ?I went to the shows because I knew they would fucking rule. ?And guess what? ?They did. ?Uh oh. ?I just said something positive, Jarms.

You sure do make alot of assumptions about people around here. ?Everything isn't black and white, you know.

You're one to talk about that. Everything is black for you as far as I can tell by your recent posts.

Quote from: Danny on Today at 03:59:05 PM
There probably would be some people still complaining, but I don't think that there would be nearly as many. ?I know I would'nt be complaining about this if it happened and it was consistant.

The people doing most of the complaining in this thread are basically you, Jackamo!, Russian Roulette, MotherGooseLUVR.

Most others are reasonable and they can see that not everything is so black and white.

I care about updates because I'd love to be wrong. ?I'd love to have the album. ?My recent posts have been my different opinions reacting to everything that is being talked about. ?That is the definition of being not black and white.

And by the way...you still have not really answered the basic question: Is there ANYTHING that the band can say that you would think is a lie?

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #266 on: March 13, 2007, 04:27:00 PM »

Why would the band lie to us?
Axl is trying to make a damn good record for us and all you people can do is complain and accuse him of lying rant

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #267 on: March 13, 2007, 04:31:12 PM »

I just suggested that maybe, somewhere, there are fans out there who've been fooled into thinking CD was coming out... based on the fact that they're embarking on their third consecutive Chinese Democracy World Tour.

Right....

But you mentioned how some would be disappointed with buying tickets and thinking the album would be out, but the ones who seem disappointed the most here are the ones I listed.

So all those people you think are disappointed, don't seem to post here and complain.

If someone says, "I think GnR could do a much better job of updating their fans on these annyong delays."
And you respond with something like, "What do you want Axl to do?  Sit at his computer all day, posting little updates like 'we just mixed part of Better."

No, I said we just got an update on the album from Del.

I also mentioned the theory that it's very likely that if the band started doing all these updates, that some of you crave, people would get tired of all the "nonsense updates".

We all know it's impossible to please some of you.

Then there's clowns like me, who are labeled asskissers because I'm happy with what we get.

Why am I happy and content? Because I remember 1996... I remember the exciting and eventful 1998. I remember how many GN'R shows I got to see in 2003.

I remember all the updates on the band I got to read in 2005.

It's pretty simple really. I'm not spoiled. I remember the quiet times.

I also understand that this band isn't like every other band and playing by the rule book. You have to do this, you have to do that.

No you don't. You can do things your own way. Sometimes it might not work out like you wished or planned, but you learn.

No.  You know perfectly well what people are talking about when they say they want updates.  They want the same information that you have.  The same information that EMS has.  The same information that Talking Metal has.  The same information that every member of the band has, but is under a retarded gag order that keeps them from sharing it with their long suffering fans.

For fuck's sake, you keep mentioning that I have some information and I don't know what the fuck you're talking about. So either you show some proof of that or shut up.

Since I never spoke to you, it's kinda funny how you claim to know that I have all this information....

Axl explained a lot in his letter if you took time to read it.

/jarmo

MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #268 on: March 13, 2007, 04:32:18 PM »

Why would the band lie to us?
Axl is trying to make a damn good record for us and all you people can do is complain and accuse him of lying rant

You're right. ?I blame the label maker.

Here are several things I hate: ?Buckethead, Merck, Label Makers. ?They've all conspired to keep Axl from releasing CD. ? rofl

I'm just kidding. ?

Those guys all did a lot to help get CD on the road. ?They just couldn't be around to cross the finish line. ?And Axl has some perfectly good explanation for what's going on in the band and why CD was delayed. ?For some reason, he's elected not to share that information with 99.99999999 percent of his fans. ?That's a shame.

EDIT

Jarmo --

Apparently, you're unaware of what info we're talking about.? Check back through your PM's.? The day after I met Axl I sent you a several page long recap, explaining the different things we talked about and why the album was being delayed.? You must have forgotten all the sudden.

I just interviewed Mark Strigl from Talking Metal.? He hangs with BBF a lot too.? We shared some stories we've heard through our different band contacts.? Trust me, there's a lot of info out there that shed light on this whole process.? It's such a pity Axl can't trust anyone with it.? It would do quite a bit to humanize him and create good will wit his fans.

But leaving the PR to Del James means we'll never hear it that way.? Del writes from a very specific perspective -- Axl's buddy.? As fans, we're coming at Axl from a whole different perspective.? The PR should reflect that.? But it's not Del's fault for failing to realize that.? He's just not that talented of a writer.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 04:36:55 PM by MotherGooseLuvR » Logged

CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #269 on: March 13, 2007, 04:33:59 PM »

I think some people are worried that if there are no updates, then Axl & Co. will go into hybernation for the next 4 years...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #270 on: March 13, 2007, 04:34:37 PM »

I think some people are worried that if there are no updates, then Axl & Co. will go into hybernation for the next 4 years...

April 14th, 2007: Chiba, Japan @ Makuhari Messe
April 15th, 2007: Chiba, Japan @ Makuhari Messe
April 18th, 2007: Nagoya, Japan @ Rainbow Hall
April 21st, 2007: Osaka, Japan @ Intex Osaka
April 22nd, 2007: Osaka, Japan @ Intex Osaka
April 27th, 2007: Johannesburg, South Africa @ New Market Racecourse (My Coke Fest 2007)
May 1st, 2007: Cape Town, South Africa @ Kenilworth Racecourse (My Coke Fest 2007)

/jarmo

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #271 on: March 13, 2007, 04:36:35 PM »

some whiny ass bitches.  what a disgrace.    fuck if everything this band did made me so upset I wouldn't bother.    This has to be a new lowpoint for an already pathetic "fan"base.

Now I'm a whiny ass bitch, disgrace, pathetic "fan" because I think these updates were weak and fail to shed any light on Chinese Democracy or the process Axl's working through?

Wow... the stress is getting to everyone.  We just handle it in different ways.  Some people blame the band's management.  Some people blame the people who blame the band's management.

i didn't direct it at any one person.  if you feel you were targeted, maybe you really are a whiny ass bitch. ok  but i never called you that.
  crying

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #272 on: March 13, 2007, 04:37:10 PM »

I'm not. ?It's been pretty well-documented around here that I've thought that this album is NEVER coming out. ?I went to the shows because I knew they would fucking rule. ?And guess what? ?They did. ?Uh oh. ?I just said something positive, Jarms.

You sure do make alot of assumptions about people around here. ?Everything isn't black and white, you know.

Quote from: Danny on Today at 03:59:05 PM
There probably would be some people still complaining, but I don't think that there would be nearly as many. ?I know I would'nt be complaining about this if it happened and it was consistant.

I care about updates because I'd love to be wrong. ?I'd love to have the album. ?My recent posts have been my different opinions reacting to everything that is being talked about. ?That is the definition of being not black and white.

And by the way...you still have not really answered the basic question: Is there ANYTHING that the band can say that you would think is a lie?

To be honest Danny, you sound paranoid.

Guns N' Roses are a band, this is a fansite and the people that post here are fans. The recent update to the GN'R website doesn't say anything out of the ordinary
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #273 on: March 13, 2007, 04:38:17 PM »

some whiny ass bitches.? what a disgrace.? ? fuck if everything this band did made me so upset I wouldn't bother.? ? This has to be a new lowpoint for an already pathetic "fan"base.

Wow... the stress is getting to everyone.? We just handle it in different ways.? Some people blame the band's management.? Some people blame the people who blame the band's management.

i didn't direct it at any one person.? if you feel you were targeted, maybe you really are a whiny ass bitch. ok? but i never called you that.
? crying

Oh, sorry Jim Bob.  I mistakenly thought your lovely "whiny ass bitch" comment was directed at people who are whining.

Now I realize that the comment wasn't actually directed at anyone and didn't have anything to do with the conversation we were having.  Thanks for clearing that up, buddy!   ok

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #274 on: March 13, 2007, 04:38:23 PM »

Why am I happy and content? Because I remember 1996... I remember the exciting and eventful 1998. I remember how many GN'R shows I got to see in 2003.

I remember all the updates on the band I got to read in 2005.

That's funny. ?I'm upset because I remember 1996, 1998, 2003, and 2005 too. ?I remember all of those years and not even being able to comprehend that it would be 2007 and there would not be a new GNR album.

fink_owns_slash
Banned
Headliner

coen brothers' 1991 masterpiece 'barton fink'

« Reply #275 on: March 13, 2007, 04:38:50 PM »

I'm not.? It's been pretty well-documented around here that I've thought that this album is NEVER coming out.? I went to the shows because I knew they would fucking rule.? And guess what?? They did.? Uh oh.? I just said something positive, Jarms.

You sure do make alot of assumptions about people around here.? Everything isn't black and white, you know.

There probably would be some people still complaining, but I don't think that there would be nearly as many.? I know I would'nt be complaining about this if it happened and it was consistant.

"We don't get updates!? crying "

"Is that site turning into a another Gnronline which will never be updated?? crying "

So what happens when they've updated the site twice in just a few days?

"We don't get the right updates!? crying "

"They probably don't want to give a release date until it's set in stone to avoid another tentative date incident"

"But they should at least tell us when it might be out!? crying "

"But last time a release date didn't happen, you got so sad...."

"But Axl should tell us a new tentative date! We deserve to know!? crying "

"Don't you understand why it might not be a good idea?"

"No! I want a release date! I don't care about the mixing! I want the album out!? crying "

/jarmo

you can add me to the list of "non-fans/ 'haters'". plus i was the person thats was tld to "fuck off" BEAT THAT fellow haters. yeah i don't like being lied too. "real fans" would say "when was that?" i would say when axl went around in early 2006 (thats a 6 NOT A 7) saying "this is the year for chinese democracy"

with a quote like this what else am i supposed to think? stupid me I THOUGHT I'D HAVE THE ALBUM. i guess the closest i'll come to Chinese democracy is the next (agian shitty) velvet revolver album. gross.

a person I CAN BELIEVE is trent reznor... i'll be listening to 'year zero' ON APRIL 17th. and if i pre-order it i'll get a 'year zero' lithography. i am going to a "pre-release listening party" (put on BY NIN) this weekend. now thats how you treat fans.

to find out when chinese democracy comes out check out '14 years' (its only been 12; we have 2 left... sorry)
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #276 on: March 13, 2007, 04:41:41 PM »

It's weird.  We who are skeptical don't lob insults like "fuck off" "go check your fucking fax machine" or "get the fuck out of here" and we are considered the haters.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #277 on: March 13, 2007, 04:47:18 PM »

Oh, sorry Jim Bob.  I mistakenly thought your lovely "whiny ass bitch" comment was directed at people who are whining.

Now I realize that the comment wasn't actually directed at anyone and didn't have anything to do with the conversation we were having.  Thanks for clearing that up, buddy!   ok

ah so you were whining!  then perhaps my comments were directed at you.

find a hobby or something.  seriously, this consumes some of you people to the point where you come here everyday to whine.   thats really fucking sad.

likewise, so is pretending to be a huge chris pitman fanatic and making a site about him in an attempt to be funny.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 04:51:25 PM by Jim Bob » Logged
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #278 on: March 13, 2007, 05:00:25 PM »

Oh, sorry Jim Bob.? I mistakenly thought your lovely "whiny ass bitch" comment was directed at people who are whining.

Now I realize that the comment wasn't actually directed at anyone and didn't have anything to do with the conversation we were having.? Thanks for clearing that up, buddy!? ?ok

ah so you were whining!? then perhaps my comments were directed at you.

find a hobby or something.? seriously, this consumes some of you people to the point where you come here everyday to whine.? ?thats really fucking sad.

I understand how it looks that way to you.  And I can imagine how frustrating that must be.

But from my perspective, my whining comes from a genuine desire to see Axl Rose, my childhood hero, succeed at his goals and release great new music.  To me, a lesser "fair weather fan" would have given up on Axl by now. 

I've got lots of friends who were huge, die hard GNR fans back in the day.  But when the original band broke up and Axl humilliated himself at the VMA's in 2001, they gave up.  They just laugh at Axl.  They laugh at the idea that a band of "replacements" can tour year after year, playing music they didn't write.  They've completely given up on GNR and Axl.

I haven't.  Though I don't know Danny and some of the other "whiners" around here, I suspect they feel the same way. 

Axl is a massive talent.  He was a huge inspiration to me as a kid, and I want him to be a part of my adulthood too.  Through all these years of bullshit, I've never given up on my belief that Axl Rose still has something very beautiful left to give the world.  And I'm going to be at the front of the line the day it comes out.

But to succeed again, I sincerely believe that Axl MUST do something about his awful, awful PR.  The fact that Jarmo has to police Axl's own FAN BOARDS should tell you something about how bad his public image is right now.

We could endlessly debate how it got there, but that doesn't matter.  The past is the past.  Axl just has to worry about the future.

So when the band's management makes, what I consider to be, huge mistakes (13 Tuesdays bullshit, Del's insulting articles, touring without the album, touring without the album again, touring without the album for a third time), I bitch about it.  It's very frustrating to see Axl and his managers make the same mistakes.

In the end, we all have the same goal:  to get Axl Rose making music again.

We just have different ideas of how that will happen. 

Jaakko
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #279 on: March 13, 2007, 05:02:15 PM »

I personally think that it's pretty fucking cool that these letters from the GNR-crew are coming. It seems that now they have the time to straighten up all the rumors and shit that's been circulating around.

I really don't know what to think of the whiners. I'm also VERY frustrated, but I'll ease off the pain with vodkashots rather than keep barking about how Axl supposedly treats me and others fan bad...

Calm down, it's nowadays almost easy to be a GNR-fan ?ok
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: