Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:10:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  .
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: .  (Read 70983 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #240 on: March 13, 2007, 03:45:28 PM »

they should release the album so better CAN be on the commercial

its being mixed.  can't be released until after its mixed.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #241 on: March 13, 2007, 03:45:37 PM »

This is the way I see it. The most discussion on this board for the last 2 weeks has been about the latest leak of Better. People have been wondering where it came from, is it the final mix, is it actually the single, what happened to the HD commercial with Better and what this update does is confirm and explain everything that we have been talking about for the last two weeks. How is it a pointless update? They explained the situation with the song to the fans, its called communication, something that a lot of fans have beeen complaining about lately.

Now if you dont like the update, then thats too bad. Just because you dont want to hear anything unless it has to do with a release date for the album does not mean that this was a pointless update. Everything that this board has been talking about for the last 2 weeks was answered in this update. Whether you choose to believe Guns or not is a whole different story. This is how things went down as far as Better goes, take it or leave it.

Stop being a bunch of babies just cause we didnt get our precious CD release date yet.
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #242 on: March 13, 2007, 03:46:40 PM »

That's an insult, so here's one for you: Fuck off.
/jarmo

I was given -1 Karma today, which I'm assuming, is for "the stabbing in the eyeball" incident. ??    Huh

I think jarmo should give himself -1 Karma for what he just wrote above.    rofl
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #243 on: March 13, 2007, 03:46:53 PM »

the docter, the mechanic, the baker ALL continue working. that mechanic would fix my car tommarow if needed... i wouldn't have to wait 12 plus years. why he collects royalties for work he did almost 20 years ago, so its not really the same.

He wouldn't fix your car for free because you used the same shop 15 year ago.

You might as well stop with the whole "Axl owes me" shit. It's not working....

Some of the money from your album purchases went ot the record company as well.. Maybe they owe you too?

actualy, it IS f-i-n-k when its references a movie called barton FINK. check out the line below my picture. (its a movie about a writer who gets writers block; check it out sometime its fantastic)

All right then...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #244 on: March 13, 2007, 03:47:42 PM »

I was given -1 Karma today, which I'm assuming, is for "the stabbing in the eyeball" incident. ??   

I think jarmo should give himself -1 Karma for what he just wrote above.

Sorry.  Can't aggree with you here.  Jarmo's site.  Jarmo's rules.  You're in HIS house.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #245 on: March 13, 2007, 03:47:51 PM »

This is the way I see it. The most discussion on this board for the last 2 weeks has been about the latest leak of Better. People have been wondering where it came from, is it the final mix, is it actually the single, what happened to the HD commercial with Better and what this update does is confirm and explain everything that we have been talking about for the last two weeks. How is it a pointless update? They explained the situation with the song to the fans, its called communication, something that a lot of fans have beeen complaining about lately.

Now if you dont like the update, then thats too bad. Just because you dont want to hear anything unless it has to do with a release date for the album does not mean that this was a pointless update. Everything that this board has been talking about for the last 2 weeks was answered in this update. Whether you choose to believe Guns or not is a whole different story. This is how things went down as far as Better goes, take it or leave it.

Stop being a bunch of babies just cause we didnt get our precious CD release date yet.

Well stated.

I completely agree. ? ?ok

*bba*

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #246 on: March 13, 2007, 03:48:41 PM »

Some people bought tickets for the last two "Chinese Democracy World Tours" under the impression that they had something to do with Chinese Democracy.  I can understand why they'd feel disappointed.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #247 on: March 13, 2007, 03:49:32 PM »

Sure we want a release date, even fans that aren't jaded wouldn't mind a release date but I think if the band continues on an upward spiral of updating us on a regular basis, like this 2 updates close to each other and continue to be that way, I think they could win back the jaded fans that have been with them for years, waiting for years, with long, long breaks of silence inbetween the updates that have heard over that time.   2006 as great as it was, was a blow to find out it didn't get released and now you have fans more jaded then ever.   This could be start of turning it all around, give the people what they want, could a regular update on the band once a week be so terrible?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 03:53:24 PM by DoubleTalkingJive » Logged

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #248 on: March 13, 2007, 03:50:10 PM »

Ok.  So then, if Del James article a couple of weeks ago said "Recording is done.  We are currently mixing the album and we have a pretty good idea about how long this process will take.  So, the release date of the album is (insert date here)." you would be the first to say: "That's IMPOSSIBLE!  They can't have a release date if they are mixing!!!  This band is lying to us!!!"

I doubt that.

They could guess, but until they schedule a release date with the record company, it's kinda impossible to say for sure it's gonna be out on a certain date.

Who'd be the first one saying the band lied to them if they guessed a new date and it didn't happen? You....

This could be start of turning it all around, give the people what they want, could a regular update on the band once a week be so terrible?

Like this?

Week#1: We're mixing the album. Everything is rolling along nicely.
Week#2: The mixing continues. Everything sounds amazing so far.
Week#3: Third week of mixing. Everyone's really happy with the results so far. Bumblefoot was on the radio.
Week#4: We had a problem with the hardware at the studio. But it was quickly fixed. Dizzy went to ply a few shows with his friend.

Etc..

You don't think we'd get the same "stop with the useless updates" after two updates?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 03:54:55 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
fink_owns_slash
Banned
Headliner

coen brothers' 1991 masterpiece 'barton fink'

« Reply #249 on: March 13, 2007, 03:50:57 PM »

some whiny ass bitches.? what a disgrace.? ? fuck if everything this band did made me so upset I wouldn't bother.? ? This has to be a new lowpoint for an already pathetic "fan"base.

not everything this bad does makes me angry... i like the tangible, real stuff. all this PR bull shit is real. you CAN complain and still be a 'real fan.' saying otherwise is absurd.

its like john lydon said "blind acceptance is a sign... of stupid fools who stay in line"

to find out when chinese democracy comes out check out '14 years' (its only been 12; we have 2 left... sorry)
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #250 on: March 13, 2007, 03:55:25 PM »

They could guess, but until they schedule a release date with the record company, it's kinda impossible to say for sure it's gonna be out on a certain date.

Who'd be the first one saying the band lied to them if they guessed a new date and it didn't happen? You....

Um, no.  You're specific words were it is impossible to have a release date when they are mixing.  This isn't about a secure release date or a record company's set release date.  This is just about what you said and me wanting to seriously know if there is ANYTHING that the band could say that you would'nt believe.  So, I ask you again.  Since you said it is impossible for them to have a release date while the band is in the mixing stage, if they gave us one in the mixing stage would you say that it's impossible?  It's a simple question.

And by the way, if I got a tentative release date and it wasn't reached...that alone wouldn't be enough for me to be the first one to say that the band is lying to us.  It wasn't before, it isn't now.

fink_owns_slash
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #251 on: March 13, 2007, 03:56:56 PM »

Some of the money from your album purchases went ot the record company as well.. Maybe they owe you too?

yeah they do... but they need "something" to RELEASE "SOMETHING"

i hope my earlier posts don't seem angry i'm not angry at axl... more frustrated, i wish he was more SURE of the product thats coming (and I DO believe it is), sometimes i wish he had the faith in himself that so many fans have in him.

as far as F-I-N-C-K goes, yeah he owns slash too.

peace out

to find out when chinese democracy comes out check out '14 years' (its only been 12; we have 2 left... sorry)
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #252 on: March 13, 2007, 03:57:56 PM »

I'm pretty sure Axl's very 'sure' of the product considering the time he's invested in it.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #253 on: March 13, 2007, 03:58:29 PM »

Some people bought tickets for the last two "Chinese Democracy World Tours" under the impression that they had something to do with Chinese Democracy.  I can understand why they'd feel disappointed.

The shows I was at, I saw 4 to 5 songs from the album played at all 4 shows I atteneded.   Fuck thats more than some veteran bands play off their latest release (as in already out).    Metallica did a Master of Puppets tour last year and barely played anything from St. Anger on their last tour.   Was that a big deal too?

And when the album IS out, I'd expect a few more songs to be played.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #254 on: March 13, 2007, 03:58:38 PM »

Your comments are not exactly going to encourage the band to keep giving updates. ?Roll Eyes Use some common sense, please.

no kidding...these updates are more than i ever hoped of getting before the album was out beer

cheer up fuckers...it could be way worse....at least they are communicating at the moment Wink

as far as F-I-N-C-K goes, yeah he owns slash too.

had to stick that in didnt ya... Roll Eyes

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #255 on: March 13, 2007, 03:59:05 PM »

Like this?

Week#1: We're mixing the album. Everything is rolling along nicely.
Week#2: The mixing continues. Everything sounds amazing so far.
Week#3: Third week of mixing. Everyone's really happy with the results so far. Bumblefoot was on the radio.
Week#4: We had a problem with the hardware at the studio. But it was quickly fixed. Dizzy went to ply a few shows with his friend.

Etc..

You don't think we'd get the same "stop with the useless updates" after two updates?

/jarmo

There probably would be some people still complaining, but I don't think that there would be nearly as many. ?I know I would'nt be complaining about this if it happened and it was consistant.

fink_owns_slash
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #256 on: March 13, 2007, 03:59:13 PM »

Um, no.? You're specific words were it is impossible to have a release date when they are mixing.? This isn't about a secure release date or a record company's set release date.? This is just about what you said and me wanting to seriously know if there is ANYTHING that the band could say that you would'nt believe.? So, I ask you again.? Since you said it is impossible for them to have a release date while the band is in the mixing stage, if they gave us one in the mixing stage would you say that it's impossible?? It's a simple question.

And by the way, if I got a tentative release date and it wasn't reached...that alone wouldn't be enough for me to be the first one to say that the band is lying to us.? It wasn't before, it isn't now.

a SET IN STONE release date with this band wouldn't mean anything anyways.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #257 on: March 13, 2007, 04:01:28 PM »

This is just about what you said and me wanting to seriously know if there is ANYTHING that the band could say that you would'nt believe. 

Yes, if they said "That Danny sure is a nice positive fellow", I wouldn't buy it.

I assume you, Jackamo! and Danny are among those people?

why dont u get minus karmo jarmo? huh? huh?  confused

Uh huh huh.

Yeah, I'm gonna ban myself from this board that I created so that people like you can turn it into a shit hole.

If you disrespect this place and me, I might react to that. Get used to it.

/jarmo

redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #258 on: March 13, 2007, 04:03:18 PM »

maybe Axl has taken offence at the recent Rollingstone (magazine) review of Better. All that stuff about the song sounding like 3 different songs mixed together, and something about the intro sounding like a creepy baby  peace
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 04:06:52 PM by redx » Logged
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #259 on: March 13, 2007, 04:05:59 PM »

Quote from: MotherGooseLuvR on Today at 03:48:41 PM

I assume you, Jackamo! and Danny are among those people?

I'm not.  It's been pretty well-documented around here that I've thought that this album is NEVER coming out.  I went to the shows because I knew they would fucking rule.  And guess what?  They did.  Uh oh.  I just said something positive, Jarms.

You sure do make alot of assumptions about people around here.  Everything isn't black and white, you know.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: