Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:03:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  .
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: .  (Read 70968 times)
fink_owns_slash
Banned
Headliner

coen brothers' 1991 masterpiece 'barton fink'

« Reply #220 on: March 13, 2007, 03:19:29 PM »

i like all the "guns and roses/axl owes us nothing." well, i would say he owes us a lot since his 10 plus year break from releasing plus all the stuff he owns was bankrolled by the fans who bought his stuff way back when. i probably bought 5 copies of appetite over the years when the previous one got scratched. i mean if axl wasn't so filthy rich (not even poor, just had an 'average income') do you really think this album STILL wouldn't be out. if he wasn't so wealthy (from us fans) this album would have been out in 1995. yet its 2007 no album, and axl's driving a ferrari (of the many he owns) around. but yeah HE OWES US NOTHING. garbage. my two cents.

peace out.

jarmo... delete away.

to find out when chinese democracy comes out check out '14 years' (its only been 12; we have 2 left... sorry)
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #221 on: March 13, 2007, 03:20:28 PM »

You know, there has been alot of talk around here lately from people saying basically the same thing over and over. ?It's usually something the lines of this:

"People were not happy when they didn't get updates. ?Now we get updates and they are still not happy." ?Then they usually go on to say something along the lines of "you are not a real fan if you come onto a GNR forum and complain". ?I'm getting a little dissappointed in this. ?It's weird. ?I used to not beleive it when people said that there are alot of GNR fans who will beleive anything and everything that this band will say about the release of this album that we ALL are looking forward to. ?I just didn't beleive it. ?I couldn't comprehend the idea that so many people would be that blind. ?Well, I was wrong. ?With this latest "news story" and the reaction it is getting from some people around here is absolutely mind-blowing. ?When I first read the story I expected to come on this site (and others) and see the fans coming out in droves upset at the fact that our intelligence have been ridiculed. ?Instead, I see a few people poking fun at the insanity of the article(and dammit...it IS funny), and a bunch of people (including the site's administrator) seemingly having no problem with it and getting angry at the people who think it's a joke. ?It was funny last night...today it's just sad. ?Seriously. ?What would it take this band to do for you to be dissappointed? ?I'm starting to think nothing. ?I'm waiting for the following post on the GNR site:

"Axl delaying album's release because he is going to be spending the next few years butt-raping the mothers and sisters of all the posters on HTGTH. "

And then the next day there will be a big thread about this news with a ton of people saying things like "If Axl needs to do this, we should support him as fans" and "This is a good sign. ?It's an update and when we get updates it means things are moving along".

I am a fan of Guns N' Roses. ?I have been for a really long time. ?There have been many things I have liked about this band musically and socially. ?I liked all the old albums, I like all the "leaked" songs, I liked every concert I've been to (old era and new era), I like all of the band members past and present, I like their website, I like their videos, I like the title of this album, I like it all. ?I even like updates like the one we got in December from Axl. ?I even saw the "tentative" release date as being just that...TENTATIVE. ?But seriously, how can you not look at this "update" and ?laugh? ?It's so damned silly.

With all that said, I think us fans (and don't you ever think otherwise...we are fans) who think that what the band has done PR-wise lately is insulting to us hardcore supporters are the REAL FANS who REALLY want to see this album. ?We are frustrated because we hate the waiting. ?We want to hear this thing. ?We want to go into a record store and buy it. ?We want to hold it in our hands. ?When you say things like "we just need to be patient. ?It'll come out when it's ready" to me shows that you really aren't truly a fan of the music. ?You are more a fan of being a fan.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #222 on: March 13, 2007, 03:22:15 PM »

isnt this the first time a track has actually been named on the official site? Let alone an article about one....That has to be another good sign Wink

the only people axl "owes" the record to, is instercope/geffen/universal, we just get it as a buy-product hihi

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #223 on: March 13, 2007, 03:23:36 PM »

i`m no battered wife, i`m a member of this forum who`s sick of the constant complaining, that?s going on here. get a life people.....

i`m sick of this wait as well by the way....

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
fink_owns_slash
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #224 on: March 13, 2007, 03:28:15 PM »

You know, there has been alot of talk around here lately from people saying basically the same thing over and over. ?It's usually something the lines of this:

"People were not happy when they didn't get updates. ?Now we get updates and they are still not happy." ?Then they usually go on to say something along the lines of "you are not a real fan if you come onto a GNR forum and complain". ?I'm getting a little dissappointed in this. ?It's weird. ?I used to not beleive it when people said that there are alot of GNR fans who will beleive anything and everything that this band will say about the release of this album that we ALL are looking forward to. ?I just didn't beleive it. ?I couldn't comprehend the idea that so many people would be that blind. ?Well, I was wrong. ?With this latest "news story" and the reaction it is getting from some people around here is absolutely mind-blowing. ?When I first read the story I expected to come on this site (and others) and see the fans coming out in droves upset at the fact that our intelligence have been ridiculed. ?Instead, I see a few people poking fun at the insanity of the article(and dammit...it IS funny), and a bunch of people (including the site's administrator) seemingly having no problem with it and getting angry at the people who think it's a joke. ?It was funny last night...today it's just sad. ?Seriously. ?What would it take this band to do for you to be dissappointed? ?I'm starting to think nothing. ?I'm waiting for the following post on the GNR site:

"Axl delaying album's release because he is going to be spending the next few years butt-raping the mothers and sisters of all the posters on HTGTH. "

And then the next day there will be a big thread about this news with a ton of people saying things like "If Axl needs to do this, we should support him as fans" and "This is a good sign. ?It's an update and when we get updates it means things are moving along".

I am a fan of Guns N' Roses. ?I have been for a really long time. ?There have been many things I have liked about this band musically and socially. ?I liked all the old albums, I like all the "leaked" songs, I liked every concert I've been to (old era and new era), I like all of the band members past and present, I like their website, I like their videos, I like the title of this album, I like it all. ?I even like updates like the one we got in December from Axl. ?I even saw the "tentative" release date as being just that...TENTATIVE. ?But seriously, how can you not look at this "update" and ?laugh? ?It's so damned silly.

With all that said, I think us fans (and don't you ever think otherwise...we are fans) who think that what the band has done PR-wise lately is insulting to us hardcore supporters are the REAL FANS who REALLY want to see this album. ?We are frustrated because we hate the waiting. ?We want to hear this thing. ?We want to go into a record store and buy it. ?We want to hold it in our hands. ?When you say things like "we just need to be patient. ?It'll come out when it's ready" to me shows that you really aren't truly a fan of the music. ?You are more a fan of being a fan.

great post... my thoughts exactly. "its so damn silly" PERFECT, we are all so excited about a release date and we get press releases like this. i mean the bands these guys like/came from would never pull this. can you imagine stinson and the replacements treating fans like this in the 80's? never. basically its a joke. the you need patience line after 12 years? come on... i need patience like i need a hole in my head.

to find out when chinese democracy comes out check out '14 years' (its only been 12; we have 2 left... sorry)
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #225 on: March 13, 2007, 03:28:58 PM »

Why are people so bitchy?  So what if GnR gives us another update that mentions nothing about CD or the process or when it's coming out or what they're doing or why they're touring again without the album.  And who cares if his comments are intentionally vague or an outright lie.  At least it's SOMETHING.  At least it's a group of letters that grouped to form and sentences that kinda give the impression of conveying information.

Can't we at least be happy about that?

I swear... some people will never be happy.  Jesus, you guys aren't going to be happy until Axl either releases the album or offers some reasonable explanation of why the process has been stalled.

This is post of the day. hihi

Seriously, GNR must have the 3 stooges handling their recordings. Things happen, get leaked, get put on movie soundtracks, get labled wrong, and Axl doesn't seem to know anything about it... Almost like some of his tours.

I have often wondered about the people that work for Axl.  Is it him or them?   He did fire Merck but I dunno I expected to see a change but I haven't really, not noticible anyway at least not yet.    These updates are a good start,  I hope it just continues more and more, ie getting the mixing done, PR and lots of it, vids...etc..
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 03:36:35 PM by DoubleTalkingJive » Logged

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #226 on: March 13, 2007, 03:31:53 PM »

well danny....

people, who believe everything the band tells them are either completely stupid or ignorant. that?s no reason to repeat it over and over though.....

i mean it`s quite obvious, that noone worked hard on this for 10 years....  merck even said, that axl managed to spent 3 days of work on the record in 2006 Undecided  in my opinion it?s even almost safe to say, that nothing was done between 2004 and 2006.....

but if people care so much about this album, that it makes them sad and obsessed they should really get a life... i check this forum to get the latest news and information on my favourite band, the record i`m waiting for and to have some nice discussions....  not to hear some whiners repeat their crap over and over.

everyone knows, that gnr and axl aren?t perfect, but we can?t change anything. if anyone read the del james article, you should know what the gnr camp thinks of us internet fans....  like it or not. i don?t even care about it.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #227 on: March 13, 2007, 03:32:25 PM »

i like all the "guns and roses/axl owes us nothing." well, i would say he owes us a lot since his 10 plus year break from releasing plus all the stuff he owns was bankrolled by the fans who bought his stuff way back when. i probably bought 5 copies of appetite over the years when the previous one got scratched. i mean if axl wasn't so filthy rich (not even poor, just had an 'average income') do you really think this album STILL wouldn't be out. if he wasn't so wealthy (from us fans) this album would have been out in 1995. yet its 2007 no album, and axl's driving a ferrari (of the many he owns) around. but yeah HE OWES US NOTHING. garbage. my two cents.

peace out.

Listen, you paid for five copies and you got five copies.

Do you go to the baker's house and tell him that he owes you because he bought the house with the money you spent on bread?

How about the doctor's house? The car mechanic? The teacher?

What a bunch of bullshit you come up.

jarmo... delete away.

That's an insult, so here's one for you: Fuck off.

And it's spelled F-i-n-c-k.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« Reply #228 on: March 13, 2007, 03:33:11 PM »

great post... my thoughts exactly. "its so damn silly" PERFECT, we are all so excited about a release date and we get press releases like this. i mean the bands these guys like/came from would never pull this. can you imagine stinson and the replacements treating fans like this in the 80's? never. basically its a joke. the you need patience line after 12 years? come on... i need patience like i need a hole in my head.

?

I don't think anyone in the world has more patience than a Gn'R fans.

Except the ones in St.Louis, Montreal, Vancouver, and Philly ? rofl

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #229 on: March 13, 2007, 03:34:13 PM »

I've only scanned through this thread quickly, but hey, what is with all the complaints? Your comments are not exactly going to encourage the band to keep giving updates. ?Roll Eyes Use some common sense, please.

The version of 'Better' that is out there right now is not a final mix, and it getting played on the radio is misrepresenting GN'R. It's been said before, and Diz is just saying it all again.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #230 on: March 13, 2007, 03:34:37 PM »

people, who believe everything the band tells them are either completely stupid or ignorant. that?s no reason to repeat it over and over though.....

What's sad to me is that these people just don't address this. ?They don't even deny it. ?I hate the fact that I am lumped into a group because I am a fan just like these people.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #231 on: March 13, 2007, 03:38:06 PM »

I've only scanned through this thread quickly, but hey, what is with all the complaints?

They want a release date. They know it's impossible to give a final release date at his point because the album is being mixed, but they want it anyway.

Easy to please....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #232 on: March 13, 2007, 03:38:34 PM »

I've only scanned through this thread quickly, but hey, what is with all the complaints? Your comments are not exactly going to encourage the band to keep giving updates. ?Roll Eyes Use some common sense, please.

The version of 'Better' that is out there right now is not a final mix, and it getting played on the radio is misrepresenting GN'R. It's been said before, and Diz is just saying it all again.

Maybe these comments will encourage the band to give better updates.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
fink_owns_slash
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #233 on: March 13, 2007, 03:38:46 PM »

"Listen, you paid for five copies and you got five copies.

Do you go to the baker's house and tell him that he owes you because he bought the house with the money you spent on bread?

What a bunch of bullshit you come up."

the docter, the mechanic, the baker ALL continue working. that mechanic would fix my car tommarow if needed... i wouldn't have to wait 12 plus years. why he collects royalties for work he did almost 20 years ago, so its not really the same.

actualy, it IS f-i-n-k when its references a movie called barton FINK. check out the line below my picture. (its a movie about a writer who gets writers block; check it out sometime its fantastic)

CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #234 on: March 13, 2007, 03:38:54 PM »

This message board is all about opinions, so...

My belief is that the one handed to Harley was a properly mixed version. However, I think Better has changed again since the one they gave to Harley was purely Buckethead and I think the new version of better, that will appear on CD, is the version with Bumblefoot on.
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #235 on: March 13, 2007, 03:40:17 PM »

I've only scanned through this thread quickly, but hey, what is with all the complaints?

They want a release date. They know it's impossible to give a final release date at his point because the album is being mixed, but they want it anyway.

Easy to please....

/jarmo

Jarmo pushing for a release date  Shocked
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #236 on: March 13, 2007, 03:41:35 PM »

some whiny ass bitches.  what a disgrace.    fuck if everything this band did made me so upset I wouldn't bother.    This has to be a new lowpoint for an already pathetic "fan"base.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #237 on: March 13, 2007, 03:42:50 PM »

"Listen, you paid for five copies and you got five copies.

What a bunch of bullshit you come up."

the docter, the mechanic, the baker ALL continue working. that mechanic would fix my car tommarow if needed... i wouldn't have to wait 12 plus years. why he collects royalties for work he did almost 20 years ago, so its not really the same.

There's loads of other music out there, if your mechanic, doctor or baker stopped 'working' (which isn't the case for Axl) you could go to others and get the same service, which is the same for music.  Plenty of other bands and artists out there, go visit a store.

And of course he can still get paid for work he did 20 years ago, people are still buying it from him.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 03:46:20 PM by AdZ » Logged
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #238 on: March 13, 2007, 03:43:11 PM »

peace out.

Listen, you paid for five copies and you got five copies.

What a bunch of bullshit you come up.

jarmo... delete away.

That's an insult, so here's one for you: Fuck off.

And it's spelled F-i-n-c-k.

/jarmo

why dont u get minus karmo jarmo? huh? huh? ?confused

they should release the album so better CAN be on the commercial

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #239 on: March 13, 2007, 03:45:04 PM »

Easy to please....

/jarmo

Ok. ?So then, if Del James article a couple of weeks ago said "Recording is done. ?We are currently mixing the album and we have a pretty good idea about how long this process will take. ?So, the release date of the album is (insert date here)." you would be the first to say: "That's IMPOSSIBLE! ?They can't have a release date if they are mixing!!! ?This band is lying to us!!!"

I doubt that.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: