Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:11:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  .
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: .  (Read 70986 times)
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #200 on: March 13, 2007, 01:49:31 PM »

Why are people so bitchy?  So what if GnR gives us another update that mentions nothing about CD or the process or when it's coming out or what they're doing or why they're touring again without the album.  And who cares if his comments are intentionally vague or an outright lie.  At least it's SOMETHING.  At least it's a group of letters that grouped to form and sentences that kinda give the impression of conveying information.

Can't we at least be happy about that?

I swear... some people will never be happy.  Jesus, you guys aren't going to be happy until Axl either releases the album or offers some reasonable explanation of why the process has been stalled.

And even then, some people still wont be happy.
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #201 on: March 13, 2007, 01:53:30 PM »

Why are people so bitchy?  So what if GnR gives us another update that mentions nothing about CD or the process or when it's coming out or what they're doing or why they're touring again without the album.  And who cares if his comments are intentionally vague or an outright lie.  At least it's SOMETHING.  At least it's a group of letters that grouped to form and sentences that kinda give the impression of conveying information.

I swear... some people will never be happy.  Jesus, you guys aren't going to be happy until Axl either releases the album or offers some reasonable explanation of why the process has been stalled.

And even then, some people still wont be happy.

Yup. This is getting ridiculous.   puke

I suppose you'd all be happier if Axl just went and died too right?          rant           nervous

If that were to happen, there'd be people on here and elsewhere, that'd be like: - "Oh, well, that's just great!!! Fucking Axl went and fucked us over again!!! I bet you he fucking planned this to happen, just to piss all of us off one more time!!! Fucking asshole!!!"

rofl
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #202 on: March 13, 2007, 01:55:45 PM »

So mango that is what you don't know but just think.

I have no doubt that a band don't want the public to hear their works in progress,
which those leaks are.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #203 on: March 13, 2007, 01:58:37 PM »

None of this would matter if the album  were  out.
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #204 on: March 13, 2007, 02:01:20 PM »

So mango that is what you don't know but just think.

I have no doubt that a band don't want the public to hear their works in progress,
which those leaks are.

How much do you want to bet Axl calls the album "unfinished" when it's released.

Wasn't Oh My God also an unmixed demo when it showed up on End of Days?  I swear... GnR needs to quit licensing unfinished demos to major companies for ad campaigns and tie-ins.  This is twice now! 

I personally think Axl uses the "unfinished demo" defense to head off any criticism his music might get.  He should be cool with it.  He's an artist.  Not everybody's going to like everything he makes. Shocked no

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #205 on: March 13, 2007, 02:10:38 PM »

I personally think Axl uses the "unfinished demo" defense to head off any criticism his music might get.  He should be cool with it.  He's an artist.  Not everybody's going to like everything he makes. Shocked no

Funny considering Bumblefoot basically said the same thing.. That the leaked Better wasn't the finished version.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #206 on: March 13, 2007, 02:18:08 PM »

Maybe it is an unfinished demo.  I don't really know.

I do seriously doubt that TWICE NOW a major company would build a tie-in/marketing campaign around an unfinished demo. 

Does anybody really believe the Label Maker story?   They sent the wrong CD to Harley Davidson?  Like Harley Davidson couldn't get a recording of Paradise City from any place else?  And then when they get the CD and find out it's actually a new song from Chinese Democracy, they just decide to build an ad campaign around it and promote it as "the first single" from Chinese Democracy?  Why would they do that?  It doesn't make any sense.  Maybe I'm misunderstanding what Dizzy said in that interview.

But remember -- this is the same band that claims "Oh My God," the only piece of music they've managed to record and release in fourteen years, was just an unfinished, unmixed demo... that just happened to end up in a major Hollywood movie and on the sound track.  To me, it just seemed like Axl was covering his ass when his big single dropped and not many people liked it.

grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #207 on: March 13, 2007, 02:19:10 PM »

"unfinished demo" is one thing, "unmixed" is totally different, and it's obvious that this last version of Better was unmixed, probably a vocal mix (and too much Pittman in the mix too).
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #208 on: March 13, 2007, 02:25:39 PM »

Maybe it is an unfinished demo.

I think a song can be called unfinished until it's mixed, mastered and approved by the artist.

I don't really know.

Finally we agree on something.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #209 on: March 13, 2007, 02:30:41 PM »

The 2006 leak of Better sounds just like the version that was used on the Harley Davidson ad, which just so happend to sound like the version Gn'R played live. Why send Harely a demo mix? I think Dizzy is talking sh-t, probably because they (Gn'R) are looking for reasons to dismiss the 2006 mix of Bettter as they've made some more changes to the song since 2006  Wink

"It?s really frustrating working on something as hard as we have and then having it wind up on the Internet before it?s finished." .zZ  Grin

About the version being played on the radio:
Is it the 2006 leak, the 2007 leak or a clean Harley Davidson 2006 mix  peace

« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 02:52:12 PM by redx » Logged
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #210 on: March 13, 2007, 02:36:44 PM »

All joking aside from people, cant we all admit that regardless of the content of the update, its still pretty cool to hear someone other than Bumblefoot or Frank speak? ?I hope this is a trend and we get more little interviews and comments posted on the site by people who have been in the band for years. ?I would love to hear Robin talk about even the tiniest detail and have it posted on the site, it makes the band look more like a band and shows a desire to speak to the fans.

Also, I wouldnt be surprised if Merk sent Harley the demo because they were planning some "gorilla surprise release" and having the song showcased in a commercial would help generate buzz.  My guess is Merk was trying to do some promo, didnt have a finished copy yet, sent the demo he liked best to Harley (since GNR had been on tour since Ron joined this would explain why he never heard it) to let them hear how good it is and decide on what parts of the song they wanted to keep and what video they wanted with the song, this under the idea that the actual mastered version would be sent in a couple weeks.  Harley probably tried to use the demo, the band made them stop, some disgruntled Harley worker or a GNR fan who works in Harleys advertising department posts the demo on the net, and there you go.  It seems kinda logical to me to be honest. 
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #211 on: March 13, 2007, 02:37:34 PM »

Two updates in 2 days, very cool.

You find two updates, that amount to bollox cool  hihi
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #212 on: March 13, 2007, 02:41:44 PM »

Why are people so bitchy?? So what if GnR gives us another update that mentions nothing about CD or the process or when it's coming out or what they're doing or why they're touring again without the album.? And who cares if his comments are intentionally vague or an outright lie.? At least it's SOMETHING.? At least it's a group of letters that grouped to form and sentences that kinda give the impression of conveying information.

I swear... some people will never be happy.? Jesus, you guys aren't going to be happy until Axl either releases the album or offers some reasonable explanation of why the process has been stalled.

This is post of the day. hihi

Seriously, GNR must have the 3 stooges handling their recordings. Things happen, get leaked, get put on movie soundtracks, get labled wrong, and Axl doesn't seem to know anything about it... Almost like some of his tours.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
give_it_a_rest
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #213 on: March 13, 2007, 02:42:44 PM »

What a stupid "update" I think Dizzy knows BETTER ?yes
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #214 on: March 13, 2007, 02:49:41 PM »

Dizzy's comments are basically the same stuff I heard a few days ago.

Now, is it possible that the Harley Davidson company was given a demo version so they could put music to their ad until they had a finished version?

But then, they put the ad with the unfinished music on their site, before they were supposed to.

The final version of the ad with the final version of Better was supposed to premiere when the single was released. But since the single wasn't released, the ad didn't happen.

Is it possible?

Has any of you evidence that this scenario couldn't happen?

I guess saying GN'R are liars is more fun for some of you. It's funny how some of you are spending time complaining about how there's no updates and when there's one, it's labeled as lies.....

/jarmo

Maybe Gn'R were supposed to deliver the finished mix of Better during 2006 and failed to do so (just as they failed to deliver the album). No doubt Harley Davison got pissed off by this, used Paradise City, and scrapped the Better idea. The Harley advert looked like it had a ton of money spent on it, and I doubt they wanted to delay there advert going out, as they had probably already spent months deciding when the ad was due to air, and it's not like Harley are going to hang around for a band, even if that band happens to be Gn'R.

gnr157
Headliner

Goodnight Tonight

« Reply #215 on: March 13, 2007, 02:50:38 PM »

Seriously 2 updates on the big site-? Could this be the beginning of what they call promotion?

uneducated and untaught through posts like this is what cause rumors and crap in the first place.

Really, untaught through?Huh ?They (the gnr camp) are not exactly bombarding radio stations with cease and desist orders over the playing of Better. ?Not to mention that, as someone pointed out in this thread, there was an ad campaign built around or including Better. ?

Are we that vein to believe that a band that has fired it's manager in the recent past, and has poured at least ten million dollars into a ten year project wouldn't turn to unconventional methods of making headlines in order to promote. ?

Why respond to some bull shit article that wouldn't make a major headline, unless the Guns N' Roses name was attached to it.

Why bring more attention to a song that was "unintentionally leaked", and since when has the GNR camp become the progressive clarifiers of all leak, rumors, and gossip. ?It is a bit unusual. ?

Why this all only MY OPINION, to think that Axl's renegoiation of his contract with his label hasn't or will delay the relase of the album would be absurd. ?And to think that the biggest hold up in a multi million dollar business doesn't have something to do with MONEY would be uneducated. ?Again only my opinion, but maybe the money that is wanted to promote this album isn't there or available on the scale that some people would like.

Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #216 on: March 13, 2007, 02:56:22 PM »

Maybe it is an unfinished demo.? I don't really know.

I do seriously doubt that TWICE NOW a major company would build a tie-in/marketing campaign around an unfinished demo.?

Does anybody really believe the Label Maker story?? ?They sent the wrong CD to Harley Davidson?? Like Harley Davidson couldn't get a recording of Paradise City from any place else?? And then when they get the CD and find out it's actually a new song from Chinese Democracy, they just decide to build an ad campaign around it and promote it as "the first single" from Chinese Democracy?? Why would they do that?? It doesn't make any sense.? Maybe I'm misunderstanding what Dizzy said in that interview.

But remember -- this is the same band that claims "Oh My God," the only piece of music they've managed to record and release in fourteen years, was just an unfinished, unmixed demo... that just happened to end up in a major Hollywood movie and on the sound track.? To me, it just seemed like Axl was covering his ass when his big single dropped and not many people liked it.

It's funny how complaining and such goes round in circles here and how people like to fit goings on into there own personal view of GNR.

Of course, I'd be accused of the same thing if I suggested that GN'R, in a bid to try and get the album promotion rolling as quickly as possible (who'd have thought they'd be trying to please their fans?), actually sent the unfinished track to Harley Davidson to work with so the advert was ready to go as soon as the track was finished and could be added to the advert straight away to go to press.

Of course, this is waaaaayyyyy to far fetched ?Roll Eyes

@#$%Funker
MotherGooseLuvR
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #217 on: March 13, 2007, 03:02:21 PM »

Could be the case.

But until the day that GNR gets their PR act together, nobody will ever really know what's going on with this band.?

I think it sucks.? But what am I gonna do about it?? The fans are powerless.? I'll still buy tickets to see the band because Axl's one of my heroes.?

If I didn't quit being a fan after the humiliating disasters of 2001/2002, then I guess I'll be a fan forever.? I really hope that Axl pulls his shit together.? I do believe he's trying -- he's just so paralyzed with self-doubt, expectation, and his weird persecution complex.? It's a shame.

When he's just a singer who sings, he's the best in the world.? I wish he'd just go back to being a singer.

WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #218 on: March 13, 2007, 03:09:26 PM »

people, who complain about this update really have to take a nap off the forums until there?s a firm release date for CD. or even better, stop visiting this site. there are plenty of other forums, where whining and moaning seems to be appreciated.

dizzy`s explanation is a little unclear. however, it makes perfectly sense. gnr sent a demo of better to harley, so that they could figure out how to use the real version in a commercial later. for some reason, someone from harley jumped the gun and posted the unfinished version of that commercial on their website. it was quickly put down again anyways...

then someone leaked the better demo on the internet, claiming it was the new gnr single (probably a misunderstanding, rather than a planned action against the band...), where it quickly spread. some people sent the demo to radio djs and well....   the rest is history.

the band decided to have dizzy giving us the update instead of del james/ axl/ management or simply their web master. the update could?ve happened two weeks ago.... well, it could..  but it didn`t. c&d orders weren?t sent out before either....

as for an update regarding CD. it`s being mixed right now and we`ll most likely be informed, when  that is finished. it`s definitely no coincidence, that we?re getting these little updates. it`s a sign, that the band cares about the fans, the recent events, and that we`ll probably never be in the dark again, like we were in the years before 2006.

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #219 on: March 13, 2007, 03:13:26 PM »

people, who complain about this update really have to take a nap off the forums until there?s a firm release date for CD. or even better, stop visiting this site. there are plenty of other forums, where whining and moaning seems to be appreciated.

dizzy`s explanation is a little unclear. however, it makes perfectly sense. gnr sent a demo of better to harley, so that they could figure out how to use the real version in a commercial later. for some reason, someone from harley jumped the gun and posted the unfinished version of that commercial on their website. it was quickly put down again anyways...

then someone leaked the better demo on the internet, claiming it was the new gnr single (probably a misunderstanding, rather than a planned action against the band...), where it quickly spread. some people sent the demo to radio djs and well....? ?the rest is history.

the band decided to have dizzy giving us the update instead of del james/ axl/ management or simply their web master. the update could?ve happened two weeks ago.... well, it could..? but it didn`t. c&d orders weren?t sent out before either....

as for an update regarding CD. it`s being mixed right now and we`ll most likely be informed, when? that is finished. it`s definitely no coincidence, that we?re getting these little updates. it`s a sign, that the band cares about the fans, the recent events, and that we`ll probably never be in the dark again, like we were in the years before 2006.

Man, you sound like a battered wife.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: