Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:22:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  .
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: .  (Read 71016 times)
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #180 on: March 13, 2007, 12:01:01 PM »

I think that statement by Dizzy is somewhat fabricated...

Surely not  Roll Eyes At least we have something to talk about  hihi
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #181 on: March 13, 2007, 12:06:15 PM »

So that means it was never even intented to be released last year, cause Axl didnt finish recording.....

This is my theory about this.   

I think that BBF must've come up with some new ideas and input for the album that Axl and the band really liked and they wanted his stuff to be on the album. What else could be the reason for having more recording to do?

Just my theory.   yes
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #182 on: March 13, 2007, 12:11:49 PM »

I doubt very much if BBF has come up with new ideas insofar as structure etc... his input will merely be recording tracks on top of existing songs. New solos and lead lines for stuff... nothing too taxing.

Its funny how people call these releases "updates"... cos they arent... then are useless bits of info that mean nothing to us fans. And its kind insulting for them to mention such irrelevant tat when they have the main issue of the march 6th release date to explain and shed new light on.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #183 on: March 13, 2007, 12:16:24 PM »

I doubt very much if BBF has come up with new ideas insofar as structure etc... his input will merely be recording tracks on top of existing songs. New solos and lead lines for stuff... nothing too taxing.

Its funny how people call these releases "updates"... cos they arent... then are useless bits of info that mean nothing to us fans. And its kind insulting for them to mention such irrelevant tat when they have the main issue of the march 6th release date to explain and shed new light on.

True. They are not updates on the satus of the album. This much is a fact.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #184 on: March 13, 2007, 12:18:18 PM »

Bingo. I love this band to no fucking end and I shared these same sentiments earlier. It is insulting that they released this kind of "update." I don't like to feel so looked down on by my favorite band. Give us what we want or just don't say anything at all because this is insulting to fans. Crock of shit it is (Hey as long as there ws a Bigfoot comment earlier)..

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
[mango]
Rocker

Chris Pitman = GNR

« Reply #185 on: March 13, 2007, 12:19:14 PM »

Dizzy: "For the record, absolutely none of the songs that have been leaked have come from the band or our organization."

That's a LIE and Dizzy knows it.

18.9.2010 @ Stadthalle, Vienna, Austria - I was almost there
24.9.2010 @ Arena, Zagreb, Croatia - I was there
17.7.2012 @ Spaladium Arena, Split, Croatia - I was there too
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #186 on: March 13, 2007, 12:24:14 PM »

Here is my theory of this

The album isn't mixed per Del recently so that we know, they give HD an unmixed demo to get the work started back then, they don't make the deadline with the mixed, finished Better and the HD deal goes belly up with that song used for the commercial.   The person that has the demo waits a couple months, then leaks it.   

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #187 on: March 13, 2007, 12:26:10 PM »

Thanks for the update, dizzy and doug.

show the world the band exists
So by discussing something pointless such as the stupid mannequen singer or Better,

The media and people here were discussing those matters.  the mud has to be beat off somehow.

and how you know?
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #188 on: March 13, 2007, 12:31:52 PM »

The album isn't mixed per Del recently so that we know, they give HD an unmixed demo to get the work started back then, they don't make the deadline with the mixed, finished Better and the HD deal goes belly up with that song used for the commercial. The person that has the demo waits a couple months, then leaks it.

I guess that could have happend... Or it was Dizzy who leaked it and is trying to blame everyone else. He looks pretty suspicious in that picture...

Dude, March 6th was explained. It was delayed, remember? Del said so in his update. hihi

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #189 on: March 13, 2007, 12:34:39 PM »

The album isn't mixed per Del recently so that we know, they give HD an unmixed demo to get the work started back then, they don't make the deadline with the mixed, finished Better and the HD deal goes belly up with that song used for the commercial.   The person that has the demo waits a couple months, then leaks it.   

You know the only reason that HD would need a demo version is if they created a new commercial so they could insert the finished version in when it was done. It makes no sense inserting a demo into a commercial that is already made.
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #190 on: March 13, 2007, 12:37:37 PM »

You know the only reason that HD would need a demo version is if they created a new commercial so they could insert the finished version in when it was done. It makes no sense inserting a demo into a commercial that is already made.

Well they would have to time it.  The video and timing of the song would have to match.  They wouldn't be able to just insert it.  Video has what's called timecode and that's hours/mins/seconds/frames, it's more work then just merely inserting a video into an already finished commercial.

check it out!!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #191 on: March 13, 2007, 12:40:37 PM »

The album isn't mixed per Del recently so that we know, they give HD an unmixed demo to get the work started back then, they don't make the deadline with the mixed, finished Better and the HD deal goes belly up with that song used for the commercial.? ?The person that has the demo waits a couple months, then leaks it.? ?

Well they would have to time it.? The video and timing of the song would have to match.? They wouldn't be able to just insert it.? Video has what's called timecode and that's hours/mins/seconds/frames, it's more work then just merely inserting a video into an already finished commercial.

yeah make sure the sheep are at the right position at the correct point in the song or whatever, and maybe the ful intent was to hand over the finished track as soon as it was done Undecided we dont know...basically is what it boils down to...anything coulda happened...this is gnr after all peace

Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #192 on: March 13, 2007, 12:41:13 PM »

Well they would have to time it.  The video and timing of the song would have to match.  They wouldn't be able to just insert it.  Video has what's called timecode and that's hours/mins/seconds/frames, it's more work then just merely inserting a video into an already finished commercial.

Inserting Audio into an already made video...
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

« Reply #193 on: March 13, 2007, 12:46:09 PM »

Inserting Audio into an already made video...

Thanks, sorry I meant Audio.    IF they wanted a certain part of the song to jive with the running of the sheep or bulls [whatever they were lol] on the video, then they would need to time it some how.

check it out!!
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #194 on: March 13, 2007, 12:52:26 PM »

Doesn't take away from my listening pleasure...

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
jak0lantern01
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #195 on: March 13, 2007, 12:56:16 PM »

You wanna know what really sucks? Waiting over a decade for an album release and constantly getting smoke blown up your ass. What do you think, DIZZY?
[mango]
Rocker

Chris Pitman = GNR

« Reply #196 on: March 13, 2007, 01:08:46 PM »

and how you know?

All leaks except CITR were high-quality. All leaks except CITR were played live by the band in 2006. No other new (unheard) songs were played. As soon as CITR leaked (obviously from another source, as it was lower quality then others) the cease&desist letter started flying around from GNR lawyers. You don't need to be a brain surgeon to figure that out.....

18.9.2010 @ Stadthalle, Vienna, Austria - I was almost there
24.9.2010 @ Arena, Zagreb, Croatia - I was there
17.7.2012 @ Spaladium Arena, Split, Croatia - I was there too
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #197 on: March 13, 2007, 01:15:57 PM »

and how you know?

All leaks except CITR were high-quality. All leaks except CITR were played live by the band in 2006. No other new (unheard) songs were played. As soon as CITR leaked (obviously from another source, as it was lower quality then others) the cease&desist letter started flying around from GNR lawyers. You don't need to be a brain surgeon to figure that out.....

Actually.. cease and desist letters were sent around once the songs ended up on the radio. And also, you claim all the leaks were high quality.. but they weren't. Better and IRS were like... 256kbs Mp3. And TWAT was a 128Kbs mp4 itunes file. If GN'R leaked it.. why not in all the same format? Or why not at a "high quality" like you claim they should have been?

Not only that.. but why does it matter what quality the leaks were? Are you saying a legitimate leak could only be a low scratchy thing like CITR was? I don't think so..

But if you want to bend the facts a little bit... go ahead.

gnrevolution.com
EstrangedReality
« Reply #198 on: March 13, 2007, 01:40:55 PM »

and how you know?

Actually.. cease and desist letters were sent around once the songs ended up on the radio. And also, you claim all the leaks were high quality.. but they weren't. Better and IRS were like... 256kbs Mp3. And TWAT was a 128Kbs mp4 itunes file. If GN'R leaked it.. why not in all the same format? Or why not at a "high quality" like you claim they should have been?

Not only that.. but why does it matter what quality the leaks were? Are you saying a legitimate leak could only be a low scratchy thing like CITR was? I don't think so..

But if you want to bend the facts a little bit... go ahead.

Not that I'm saying one thing or another - but it wasn't until General was rumored to be leaked along with CITR that management began monitoring the forums. People were signing up on MyGNR asking for information on who leaked the song. I was one of the first people given Catcher in the Rye, and I didn't leak it but I made a post after it leaked saying I had been given it the day before; and I suddenly got about 10 PMs from people who had just registered not asking for the song but asking for information on who gave it to me, how they could be reached, and if I had any more info on them. It was pretty freaky. I wasn't the only one who got these PMs, and soon a lot of these people asking for info on the leakers were banned for making posts saying they had other songs and they wanted to trade with the CITR leaker (who claimed to have General amongst others) - they were trying to smoke out whoever leaked it. I think it may have worked because we never got General or anything else, and this was right around when the 22 seconds of "Checkmate" (Prostitute?) leaked; I think they got whoever it was right after that and prevented another leak.

So whether or not the original leaks were intentional, I don't think they took an active interest until CITR leaked. It was obviously a final, mixed version rather than a rough demo, and it was recorded through analog output rather than a straight rip from a CD as you can tell by the sound quality and the skip at one point.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 01:42:31 PM by Russian Roulette » Logged
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #199 on: March 13, 2007, 01:45:02 PM »

Why are people so bitchy?? So what if GnR gives us another update that mentions nothing about CD or the process or when it's coming out or what they're doing or why they're touring again without the album.? And who cares if his comments are intentionally vague or an outright lie.? At least it's SOMETHING.? At least it's a group of letters that grouped to form and sentences that kinda give the impression of conveying information.

Can't we at least be happy about that?

I swear... some people will never be happy.? Jesus, you guys aren't going to be happy until Axl either releases the album or offers some reasonable explanation of why the process has been stalled.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: