Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:22:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  .
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: .  (Read 71016 times)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #160 on: March 13, 2007, 09:55:43 AM »

Lets say you are in the resturant-buisness and some dude serves half-finished food to customers
regardles of what people think of it, don't you think it would suck for the keep? hihi
Axl and the crew should be eternally grateful
I think they are, "Thank you and good night" Tongue

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #161 on: March 13, 2007, 09:57:10 AM »

Working in a television broadcast facility for 16 years has taught me something with my experience here when thinking about when promos get cut for the channels or music that it used that isn't supposed to be.   It's possible that a version could have been sent they weren't supposed to use to "tinker" with, it's unlikely but it's possible.   When we have a show that has music that hasn't been "approved or licensed" emails and phone calls go out all over to not air this version or pull it asap because they can get sued.   So it's possible this did happen and HD fucked up and now they could be getting sued but I would think that with all that has happened with leaking songs that GNR would be especially cautious about doing such a thing.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #162 on: March 13, 2007, 10:01:45 AM »

I'm now waiting for the following statement on the GNR website:

Bigfoot has stolen the master copies of Chinese Democracy.

The sad part is...alot of people will beleive it.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #163 on: March 13, 2007, 10:06:43 AM »

[quote
"It?s really frustrating working on something as hard as we have and then having it wind up on the Internet before it?s finished. Hearing a demo on the radio really sucks."

One thing to say to that comment, That is the world we currently live in, If you don't like it happening, drop the damn album with the new material on it and it will stop all the leaks and bullshit.

If the album had been released on the "tentative" date of March 6th, not one soul would be commenting on the "unauthorized" leak of a Better demo!

my $0.02 anyhow

Amen. Drop the damn album in stores, you don't have to worry about the leaks.

Acting surprised that your songs are leaked on the internet in 2007 is kinda dumb. Hell, there are movies that cost studios $100-$200 million to produce get leaked onto the internet before their release dates.  That's just the nature of enterainment in this era.

So basically, in the last two updates, we've got nothing new about the album. Just some refuting or rumors. Maybe something bigger is in the pipeline?

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #164 on: March 13, 2007, 10:06:48 AM »

I just can't help but say this:

You know what would help this issue? Finishing and releasing the album.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #165 on: March 13, 2007, 10:20:48 AM »

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #166 on: March 13, 2007, 10:26:59 AM »

And one more thing (and hey the ad above is fucking funny  hihi)

The people here who are saying we will never be happy are a bunch of fucking slaves. We just want the damn album. Any other announcments or shit like this with having Dick Dizzy Tracy solving the great mystery of the Better leak, is just tired. Show us the official release date/album. Enough already with the filler nonsense that no one gives a fuck about.

Hehe Weekly world news...funny shit.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #167 on: March 13, 2007, 10:27:56 AM »

hihi Nice.

It really doesn't matter to me what happened, but it is strange for a group of guys in a band who repeatedly say they have no idea about anything related to GNR, including versions of songs, that Dizzy would know all of this. But, its hard to doubt him... but seeing its GNR its also hard to believe it.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
a.
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #168 on: March 13, 2007, 10:28:05 AM »

When you work with any company (in this case HD) regarding any sort of use of your content (art, business information, etc.) you don't actually give them the final/finished product. You give them a rough idea of what they can expect to work with. This is done for many reasons, and probably in this case because they weren't ready to release the song/album at that time. It could also be because the content (or song) was not finished. Whatever reason it is, it makes perfect sense to NOT give the company the finished product.

a.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #169 on: March 13, 2007, 10:37:04 AM »

there 2 updates in 2 days...i like it...even if we only got 2 a week i'd be happy as a pig in shit..see for me it doesnt have to be about the album jsut to give some sorta official news...show the world the band exists ok

good work GnR Camp, keep it up please yes

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #170 on: March 13, 2007, 10:46:11 AM »

show the world the band exists
So by discussing something pointless such as the stupid mannequen singer or Better, the world will now? know gnr? exists and are a serious band? cmon.

The world already knows this band exists. The countless delays are keeping them up to date and telling them whats really going on. They dont need anything else......

If we dont get the album by May or June we arent getting the album til November.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 10:48:42 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #171 on: March 13, 2007, 10:49:27 AM »

god who cares about this? all I want is a date! not this.. Undecided

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #172 on: March 13, 2007, 10:53:32 AM »

GUYS !!!!

I?m a musician too !! we?re working on our 2? album and recording our finished songs on studio, and Mixing / Mastering do not take so long!!! all that matters is that they?re using lots of synts, back vocals, guitars, orchestra and shits !!! the mixing guy gets crazy with all that layers and stuff !!  put in mind that ALL THE RECORDING IS DONE !!

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #173 on: March 13, 2007, 10:54:53 AM »

show the world the band exists
So by discussing something pointless such as the stupid mannequen singer or Better, the world will now? know gnr? exists and are a serious band? cmon.

hey a regularily updated website is a step in the right direction IMO. and it talks about the HD ad...i mean it used to be taboo, now the band adressed it...and as for the DM singer...well it was regarding a common assumption about axl that they denied....one rumor at a time it seems...

I know, i know a date for the album would be ideal, but still its official GnR news, so that is something...isnt it? Undecided

grabaraxl
Rocker

stick to your guns

« Reply #174 on: March 13, 2007, 10:58:53 AM »

hihi Nice.

It really doesn't matter to me what happened, but it is strange for a group of guys in a band who repeatedly say they have no idea about anything related to GNR, including versions of songs, that Dizzy would know all of this. But, its hard to doubt him... but seeing its GNR its also hard to believe it.

oh, and you believe that members aren't saying that just to protect themselves from fans/stalkers who would endlessly keep trying to pull a rabbit out of their hat?
of course they know what's going on, and of course they all have different mixes or even the final mixes, otherwise how will they have any ideas for songs that were still on a writting process?
it really takes a lot of the pressure on Dizzy, for instance, to say "i don't know nothing" while drinking some Jagger on a H'n'B show than being bombed with questions like "how's the intro to CD sounding?"
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #175 on: March 13, 2007, 10:58:56 AM »

Very nice to have an update from the band. However, I'm puzzled by this:

"Our understanding of how that happened is that an experimental edit using 'Better' in place of 'Paradise City' was somehow accidentally mislabeled as the 'Paradise City' Harley-Davidson video/commercial and was inadvertently released on the internet."

The page on the Harley-Davidson website clearly said that the video posted was for the "new song from the upcoming album Chinese Democracy, BETTER."

If it was just a mistake, why did they have a separate page for the Paradise City video?

A person uploading that to the official Harley website would have noticed Better wasn't Paradise City, too.

I'm not saying Dizzy is lying, but I don't think he understands how long the ad was on Harley's website or that it was separate from the Paradise ad.

If it was a mistake on Harley's behalf, and they did indeed just mislabel the video that was posted online, why was a separate page put online for Better and why did the Meta tags on the website page advertise it as an ad featuring the new song if they thought they were uploading Paradise City?

It did NOT say that on Harley's website....it said....."Come back soon to watch Black Sheep with "Better" the new Guns N' Roses song from the? forthcoming album Chinese Democracy"

cybercurves, it actually did say that, and after that, when better was removed, it said what you say it said.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #176 on: March 13, 2007, 11:15:39 AM »

god who cares about this? all I want is a date! not this.. Undecided

I think most of us here would love to have a release date and get to hear the results of the band's work as soon as possible.

I'm pretty sure that the band knows we'd like to hear their new music too.

But some of us aren't bothered by it to the point that we need to keep mentioning the obvious day after day.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #177 on: March 13, 2007, 11:21:11 AM »

hihi Nice.

oh, and you believe that members aren't saying that just to protect themselves from fans/stalkers who would endlessly keep trying to pull a rabbit out of their hat?
of course they know what's going on, and of course they all have different mixes or even the final mixes, otherwise how will they have any ideas for songs that were still on a writting process?
it really takes a lot of the pressure on Dizzy, for instance, to say "i don't know nothing" while drinking some Jagger on a H'n'B show than being bombed with questions like "how's the intro to CD sounding?"

Whatever, man. They haven't just said these things to fans. They aren't even sure who is really in the band.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #178 on: March 13, 2007, 11:39:00 AM »

"It?s really frustrating working on something as hard as we have and then having it wind up on the Internet before it?s finished. Hearing a demo on the radio really sucks."

When you've taken as long to release an album as GN'R has, newly recorded STATIC is in high demand and will find it's way to the internet, then the radio.

CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #179 on: March 13, 2007, 11:48:24 AM »

I think that statement by Dizzy is somewhat fabricated...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: