Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:02:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  .
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: .  (Read 70963 times)
Janabis
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #140 on: March 13, 2007, 05:45:06 AM »

didn't the song leak a long time before we knew about the harley? thus meaning that the leak did not come from the fact that the wrong version of the ad was posted online by Harley

Yeah it leaked years ago on that Eddie Trunk CD with the other tracks. Seems like Dizzy didn't research this very well.
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #141 on: March 13, 2007, 05:51:52 AM »

What a completely useless update.... TELL US SOMETHING WE DONT KNOW!!!!  rant
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #142 on: March 13, 2007, 06:06:46 AM »

Yeh I know,
What a completely useless update.... TELL US SOMETHING WE DONT KNOW!!!! rant

This is getting beyond a joke.

First Gnr update there site by saying something back about that no - name band, now this , about a leak, like 5+ months after it ment to of aired,

And we are past march 6th,"tentative date"

No information on a single

No information on the release of chinese democracy

just " we are done recording, and we are about to mix??

So I thought they did that last year, and Axl wanted more promotion,

So that means it was never even intented to be released last year, cause Axl didnt finish recording

Im getting Dizzy with all this back peddling.

Now Jarmo, before you say im negative , and im not a true fan etc etc etc etc,

Understand this, All im doing is stating the facts, and im only putting in my opinion which many others agree with,
when should we take gnr seriously, and when are we going to get some DECENT Updates,
please dont go down that road again how you say

'Fans are angry when they dont get updates, and they complain when they do" because , im sorry, but thats a cop out,
Not one person would be angry here if we just got A DECENT update"
We would all rather no updates, then pointless ones, as this just gets our hopes up, and starts pointless, and stupid threads,
as proof of this is in the past, which clogs up many gnr message boards, and repeats the cycle we only call gnr.
 beer

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Apollon
Rocker

So bittersweet this tragedy...

« Reply #143 on: March 13, 2007, 06:12:17 AM »

Some will never be satisfied.

First everyone wants a update and if there's one, they are complaining about the content.

First everyone wants to know what status CD has, and if we are told, the whiners complain because it was written by Del James.

First everyone wants to be informed in a regular way ("like every other band"), and still the whiners bitch about a article defending GNR from BS spread by the 'Die Mannequin' singer...

Roll Eyes
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #144 on: March 13, 2007, 06:16:44 AM »

The Truth?  hihi

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #145 on: March 13, 2007, 06:20:51 AM »

We arent asking for much,

all we are asking for is the truth from axl

we dont give a fuck who writes the article, as long as its about the album or the band, nothing else, because its not necessary for us to know secondary bullshit about a no named band,
as we dont even really give a shit,

all we want is
The Truth? hihi

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #146 on: March 13, 2007, 06:25:36 AM »

only what we want to know is:

when will gnr realize new cd

on new site we have update on every two months,and what were updates

piece of shits

just look site from some other band?

All of us here are true gnr fans,but when you said "6 marth is tenative date,and before them you 've got information",and think that you have to say something

I have never seen so many tree
DIABOLIK
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #147 on: March 13, 2007, 06:36:47 AM »

I just read the thread and feel the need to add my three cents.  rant

Let's say the version of "Better" that Harley Davidson had is not the final mix.  Maybe it was real close to being finished because it sounds great but for arguments sake lets say that it's not 100% to the band's satisfaction.  Harley is told to take it off the website which they did.  There is some mislabeling/confusion/whatever.  Then somehow this same version of Better (which definetely sounds different/better than the other leaks) gets to Idolator and the wildfire spreads to the point where radio stations are playing a demo.  Not that far fetched since digital duplication loses no quality and can be shared from computer to website to computer to computer to computer to radio station.  You get the point.

And while we're on the subject, I believe Dizzy about none of the leaks having been done on purpose.  I don't think that a band like GN'R has to generate interest through leaks.  Would you leak something thay you've worked on for ten years and is in the final mix stages?  And if the version of "Better" that appears on Chinese Democracy is noticably different than the latest leaked version will anyone on HTGTH step up and say 'I'm appologize for insinuating that Dizzy was lying' or will we find something else to gripe about??

We go to the same GN'R sites everyday and when GN'R doesn't update enough we bitch, moan, and complain.  Then when we get information straight from the source, GN'R's official website, and from band member's-- some of us have the audacity to call the band member a liar.  It's so rude.  No wonder why they don't post very often.  I know these boards are here for discussion but why is it that everytime we get some legit information, like Axl's letter and now Dizzy's explantion of how Better may have gotten leaked, the threads are so littered in negativity?
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #148 on: March 13, 2007, 07:36:11 AM »

I won't be surprised if people are bitching about ugly artwork and too small letters on the back of the package when the CD comes out....   ok

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #149 on: March 13, 2007, 07:37:26 AM »

Grin Grin  LOL too funny. Someone should have known that an album as mysterious and endless as CD might attract people to steal demos  hihi Wonder why they gave an unfinished demo to Harley Davidson in the first place if they did not want it to be broadcast...Huh?!!
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #150 on: March 13, 2007, 07:51:50 AM »

Haha i dont buy this at all, but the masses will and that is who that little tidbit on the website is for, not us. The Harley version is clearly completly different. Robins guitar is much higher in the mix, whereas in this new leak his guitar part is still pretty quiet.

Jonx
Barney Fife
Opening Act

"Nip it! Nip it! Nip it!"

« Reply #151 on: March 13, 2007, 07:56:17 AM »

I called WEBN (Cincinnati) several days ago (3/10/07) to see if they were still playing "Better", because I had only heard it once since the stations started playing it. I asked the guy how did they hear about the song, because I had called last ?Saturday (3/3/07) and they didn't know anything about the song. ?He said that the record company had sent the song to WEBN.

"There once was a deputy called Fife,
Who carried a gun and a knife.
The gun was all dusty,
And his knife was all rusty,
Because he never caught a crook in his life."
bombom
Headliner

« Reply #152 on: March 13, 2007, 08:19:34 AM »

[quote
"It?s really frustrating working on something as hard as we have and then having it wind up on the Internet before it?s finished. Hearing a demo on the radio really sucks."

One thing to say to that comment, That is the world we currently live in, If you don't like it happening, drop the damn album with the new material on it and it will stop all the leaks and bullshit.

If the album had been released on the "tentative" date of March 6th, not one soul would be commenting on the "unauthorized" leak of a Better demo!

my $0.02 anyhow

The Devil Hates a Loser!

25/7/2006 - Birmingham
9/6/2006 - Dublin
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #153 on: March 13, 2007, 08:57:02 AM »

I like to see Dizzy comment on something like this.  Its nice to know that someone whose been in the band longer than 9 months still has a tongue.  I dont really like the subject matter as it sounds like total nonsense (you dont want people to hear unfinished demos dont send them to Harley Davidson).  However, it was on the website and it was Dizzy, i dont necessarily see this as an update, but rather the last two messages have shown people are now responding.  Maybe Axl changed his policy for people related to the band keeping their mouth shut and given them more free reign to defend the band.  IF thats so, I like it and think while this is pretty worthless as an update, it is good for the band overall.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #154 on: March 13, 2007, 09:06:03 AM »

I won't be surprised if people are bitching about ugly artwork and too small letters on the back of the package when the CD comes out....? ?ok

If CD comes out.  We don' know if it will.  We do know that for 16yrs GNR has not had any new material on a album.  Excluding Oh My God.
madagas
« Reply #155 on: March 13, 2007, 09:07:27 AM »

The world needs to know that the leaks were not done by the band and that is not an official single. That is important news. The Harley thing is understandable as well because you don't need a completely finished track for the commercial. They only needed a small portion of the song and it was pretty well recorded and mixed already. It may not be the final version but it was enough for a commercial. Someone from Harley probably leaked the demo that we have now. No big deal. All fairly obvious points in my opinion. If anyone thinks the band leaked TWAT, IRS, and Catcher, they are crazy as hell. No one in their right mind leaks tracks that are that poorly mixed. It just doesn't make any sense. The good news is that hopefully Better will not be the first single now. Hopefully, we will get a fresh rocking track with a little more darkness and attitude. Gnr's big comeback should't hinge on a quirky half pop half rock track. I see Better as a strong third single. Just my two cents. Wink
serp
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #156 on: March 13, 2007, 09:14:45 AM »

well, even if the leak was unintended by the band.....once the album is finally(if ever) handed to the record company....are they really that naive that they think it won't be online prior to the release date?
hell.....there are albums that come online 2-3 months before they are schedulled to arrive for sale.....
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #157 on: March 13, 2007, 09:23:13 AM »

The statement is lies anyway.

The band didnt release the leaks themselves?!?!? Pretty conincidental how those leaked songs just happened to be the ones they obviously rehearsed to then play on tour a matter of months later!! CONVENIENT OR WHAT!!!

Then Better was accidently sent to Harley instead of Paradise City...  DO YOU THINK WE ARE ALL IDIOTS OR WHAT!!!!
alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #158 on: March 13, 2007, 09:35:01 AM »

It?s really frustrating working on something as hard as we have and then having it wind up on the Internet before it?s finished.

Dear GnR,

Welcome to the 21st century.

Hugs,
The 21st century.

ok GNR should pull that from their web-site. Updates like this make me fear that this band will never get a clue.? I'll never understand why this band would complain about radio airplay. I don't care if it is finished or unfinished. DJs like and it and they're playing it. GNR should be sending them thank you letters, not bitch.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #159 on: March 13, 2007, 09:45:56 AM »

Axl and the crew should be eternally grateful that a brand name that hasn't released original material in 16 years still has enough clout within the industry to warrant receiving much desired traction that others toil at for years and never acquire(and all over an unfinished demo, no less!).  They should be sending flowers to these stations that are proving that people still give a shit.  I have learned patience when it comes to the record, but reactions like this from the GNR camp boggle my mind.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: