Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:01:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  .
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: .  (Read 70960 times)
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #100 on: March 13, 2007, 12:18:35 AM »

im not trying to start shit. i was being serious in my post about jarmo.

I was being serious about Jarmo, too.

As far as everything the band tells us is a lie...no, I don't think that at all.  But come on, man.  This one is pretty out-there.

It is kind of, uhm - erhm, funny isn't it Danny???  headscratch
EstrangedReality
« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2007, 12:20:38 AM »

Very nice to have an update from the band. However, I'm puzzled by this:

"Our understanding of how that happened is that an experimental edit using 'Better' in place of 'Paradise City' was somehow accidentally mislabeled as the 'Paradise City' Harley-Davidson video/commercial and was inadvertently released on the internet."

The page on the Harley-Davidson website clearly said that the video posted was for the "new song from the upcoming album Chinese Democracy, BETTER."

If it was just a mistake, why did they have a separate page for the Paradise City video?

A person uploading that to the official Harley website would have noticed Better wasn't Paradise City, too.

I'm not saying Dizzy is lying, but I don't think he understands how long the ad was on Harley's website or that it was separate from the Paradise ad.

If it was a mistake on Harley's behalf, and they did indeed just mislabel the video that was posted online, why was a separate page put online for Better and why did the Meta tags on the website page advertise it as an ad featuring the new song if they thought they were uploading Paradise City?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 12:32:08 AM by Russian Roulette » Logged
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #102 on: March 13, 2007, 12:27:23 AM »

I think everyone needs to chill out.

Why does everything the gnr camp does have to have some conspirac theory to it ?

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2007, 12:28:01 AM »

Wow, so that version we have/had was a Demo? AND IT FUCKING SOUNDED AWSOME

like clear, and no distortion etc,,

wow gnr, if you have a better one then that, I will shit my pants in the opera house in sydney.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2007, 12:29:52 AM »

I can't wait to see this thread when I get up tommorrow morning.  This was a fun, unexpected suprise.

Goodnight all.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2007, 12:30:30 AM »

I can't wait to see this thread when I get up tommorrow morning.? This was a fun, unexpected suprise.

Goodnight all.

night Danny  peace

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2007, 12:32:03 AM »

I can't wait to see this thread when I get up tommorrow morning.? This was a fun, unexpected suprise.

Goodnight all.

night Danny? peace

i'm gonna follow

night ya'll wave

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #107 on: March 13, 2007, 12:40:44 AM »

After reading this.. Am I the only one who thinks Dizzy meant the latest leak is what was mislabled, and not the Harely Commerical??

I really dont see him saying the commerical was done on accident...
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2007, 12:42:24 AM »

After reading this.. Am I the only one who thinks Dizzy meant the latest leak is what was mislabled, and not the Harely Commerical??

Thats how it read to me too.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #109 on: March 13, 2007, 12:44:18 AM »

Ok great.. So i'm not crazy  hihi
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #110 on: March 13, 2007, 12:44:46 AM »

Thankz Friends, amazing News, 2 updates.

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #111 on: March 13, 2007, 12:46:17 AM »

Ok great.. So i'm not crazy  hihi

Or maybe we are both crazy! ok

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
cybercurves
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #112 on: March 13, 2007, 12:49:17 AM »

Very nice to have an update from the band. However, I'm puzzled by this:

"Our understanding of how that happened is that an experimental edit using 'Better' in place of 'Paradise City' was somehow accidentally mislabeled as the 'Paradise City' Harley-Davidson video/commercial and was inadvertently released on the internet."

The page on the Harley-Davidson website clearly said that the video posted was for the "new song from the upcoming album Chinese Democracy, BETTER."

If it was just a mistake, why did they have a separate page for the Paradise City video?

A person uploading that to the official Harley website would have noticed Better wasn't Paradise City, too.

I'm not saying Dizzy is lying, but I don't think he understands how long the ad was on Harley's website or that it was separate from the Paradise ad.

If it was a mistake on Harley's behalf, and they did indeed just mislabel the video that was posted online, why was a separate page put online for Better and why did the Meta tags on the website page advertise it as an ad featuring the new song if they thought they were uploading Paradise City?

It did NOT say that on Harley's website....it said....."Come back soon to watch Black Sheep with "Better" the new Guns N' Roses song from the  forthcoming album Chinese Democracy"

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #113 on: March 13, 2007, 12:50:25 AM »

Ok great.. So i'm not crazy? hihi

Or maybe we are both crazy! ok

Hey works for me ?rofl

But seriously... I'm reading it like:

A demo was sent to Harley, so they could see an example of the new song... A prototype commerical got used, but GNR wasnt ready... Then later down the line the whole song GNR sent out, got leaked, because it was marked as the PC/Better promo package...
jmrgnr
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #114 on: March 13, 2007, 12:52:45 AM »

I'm going to say it...'Dizzy Lied.' Its amazing that the leaks just so happen to be the same songs that were played during the most recent shows minus 'CITR'. That is not a coincedent. Axl also pretended to be bothered about us DL the songs. But what he was really doing was advertizing to the majority in the audience that the songs he was playing were available online. The song on the Harley adds was a pretty good demo if not the most completed sounding demo if we were able to hear the whole song.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #115 on: March 13, 2007, 12:53:10 AM »

Alright Dizzy to the RESCUE! MYSTERY SOLVED!!!!

Hahaaa what a bunch of horseshit. At this point, I would actually prefer the GNR camp just shut the fuck up. Either tell us the thing we want to know or shut the fuck up. I find this update insulting. I would like to know if anyone here was losing sleep about the Better leak and its origins? But yay, mystery solved.

Thank you Dick Dizzy Tracy.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #116 on: March 13, 2007, 12:53:15 AM »

im not trying to start shit. i was being serious in my post about jarmo.

I was being serious about Jarmo, too.

As far as everything the band tells us is a lie...no, I don't think that at all.  But come on, man.  This one is pretty out-there.

Dizzy's comments are basically the same stuff I heard a few days ago.

Now, is it possible that the Harley Davidson company was given a demo version so they could put music to their ad until they had a finished version?

But then, they put the ad with the unfinished music on their site, before they were supposed to.

The final version of the ad with the final version of Better was supposed to premiere when the single was released. But since the single wasn't released, the ad didn't happen.

Is it possible?

Has any of you evidence that this scenario couldn't happen?

I guess saying GN'R are liars is more fun for some of you. It's funny how some of you are spending time complaining about how there's no updates and when there's one, it's labeled as lies.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #117 on: March 13, 2007, 12:57:09 AM »

I'm not dissing or anything, but IMO, the "na na na" part of the demo and the H-D version are different. The last one doesn't have the same backing vocals...

Maybe Dizzy thought it came from this, but he's mistaken.. Or maybe they sent more than one mix version of the song to the H-D crew... I dunno.

gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #118 on: March 13, 2007, 01:02:36 AM »

guess saying GN'R are liars is more fun for some of you. It's funny how some of you are spending time complaining about how there's no updates and when there's one, it's labeled as lies.....

/jarmo

Jarmo, Im as much of a gnr fan as anyone else on these boards but what I dont get is , You always say, " your not happy when you dont get updates, and when you do, you complain etc"

Well, for starters, We arent happy because for one, why wouldn't they just send ceased and deceased letters to the radio stations /djs, and not do an update on the website , when no one really cares about a song that we all knew wasn't the final version to begin with (aka bumblefoot interview). We aren't? complaining about the update, we are compalining that the update is about pointless crap, when we rather wait 1 month for an actuall PIECE OF DECENT NEWS, then some news about a leak, that wasnt ment to happen.

Gnr are just doing damage control now , because they screwed up by not releasing a single before the radio stations claimed they had the official single and started promoting a demo. Gnr missed the boat again that they could ride to the top of the charts, and now there wasting more time doing damage control when they should be concentrating on marketing/releasing single, i.e CHINESE DMEOCRACY.

See the difference?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 01:07:00 AM by gunns1 » Logged

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #119 on: March 13, 2007, 01:06:51 AM »

guess saying GN'R are liars is more fun for some of you. It's funny how some of you are spending time complaining about how there's no updates and when there's one, it's labeled as lies.....

/jarmo

Jarmo, Im as much of a gnr fan as anyone else on these boards but what I dont get is , You always say, " your not happy when you dont get updates, and when you do, you complain etc"

Well, for starters, We arent happy because for one, why wouldn't they just send ceased and deceased letters to the radio stations /djs, and not do an update on the website , when no one really cares about a song that we all knew wasn't the final version to begin with (aka bumblefoot interview). We aren't? complaining about the update, we are compalining that the update is about pointless crap, when we rather wait 1 month for an actuall PIECE OF DECENT NEWS, then some news about a leak, that wasnt ment to happen.

See the difference?

Because they cant send a letter to every station that plays a demo.. Believe it or not, alot of people who visit gnr.com have no clue about bbf's interview.. They hear the new song on the radio, and go right to the site for info, and there it is.. So shut up
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: