Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 03:04:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Muslim girl ejected from tournament for wearing hijab
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Muslim girl ejected from tournament for wearing hijab  (Read 8801 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2007, 04:22:41 PM »

i'm actually shocked htis happened in canada...in the nations capital of all things hihi you can bet your ass this is gonna undergo some kind of review....

but if a muslim ref is the one who made the decision to not allow her to play then that has to say something

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2007, 04:26:24 PM »

i'm actually shocked htis happened in canada...in the nations capital of all things hihi you can bet your ass this is gonna undergo some kind of review....

but if a muslim ref is the one who made the decision to not allow her to play then that has to say something

I was a bit surprised when the US elected it's first Muslim to Congress, and he went on a cable news program and the guy asked him how we know he's not a terrorist or something like that.  I was dumbfounded. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2007, 04:30:57 PM »

Damn..... thats just plain ignorance....this is something else

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2007, 04:33:48 PM »

Here's the vid of that interview...not QUITE as bad as I remember, as I didn't see his intro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JegKCAO6N7I

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2007, 06:05:33 PM »

alot of schools have dress code too....so if one is allowed to wear somethign on their head then everyone should be....if its democracy....again them's the breaks Undecided

When I started year 12 at a catholic school there was a muslim kid with a beard but the school had a no facial hair policy but the school let him go with it. I was nearly suspended for not shaving. Even tho this kid wasn't born here nor the same religion as the school it was ok for him but I got my arse kicked coz I wasn't the right religion.

Another catholic school in sydney last year was taunted by protestors and the media because they had a no Non School uniform headwear policy. A Muslim girl wanted to wear her scarf but the school said its not uniform. So she complained to A Current Affair and they ran the story every night untill this sook got her own way. While the rest of the Catholic kids got fuck all.

Hows that for Democracy?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2007, 06:10:16 PM »

They treated that muslim girl as an equal. Just like theyd treat a white person, surely equality is what we want?

but of course because she couldnt get her own way she had to pull the discrimination shit out of the hat.

Its pathetic, does she wanna risk being killed?

html sucks
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2007, 06:10:50 PM »

The school system is going to fuck with your child's rights no matter what.

Sad but true Undecided

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2007, 06:15:14 PM »

The school system is going to fuck with your child's rights no matter what.

Sad but true Undecided

They wernt fucking with any rights, they were treating her as anyone wearing something which was potentially harmful to them.

html sucks
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2007, 06:42:29 PM »

Because of a safety rule, league spokesman Lyes Arfa said. He pointed out that the referee is Muslim himself, and that the ban on hijabs is to protect children from being accidentally strangled.

"We have to protect the players on the field, and that's the main point. It's not against the Muslims."

I think these lines are pretty clear. Don?t know why some people always try to make it appear like racism or something like that. Roll Eyes

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2007, 07:29:23 PM »

Things we all agree on:

The referee was right.  He followed the rules.

Things we disagree on:

The rule is dumb.  Freedom78 said it best.  If it is something that could only harm that particular player, let the family sign a waiver. 

I was a basketball official for 7 years and I live in the United States.  I have seen both sides of the issue.  I've required men who say they've never taken off their wedding ring, ever, to take it off.  If they hit another player and it causes damage, guess who's getting sued?  That's right, the official.  No jewelry, period.  A head scarf strangling someone???  What the hell???
 rofl  That's just ridiculous.  All the controversy could be avoided if they all just properly tied the thing, or taped it.  Some people just love controversy. 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2007, 07:31:21 PM »

Because of a safety rule, league spokesman Lyes Arfa said. He pointed out that the referee is Muslim himself, and that the ban on hijabs is to protect children from being accidentally strangled.

"We have to protect the players on the field, and that's the main point. It's not against the Muslims."

I think these lines are pretty clear. Don?t know why some people always try to make it appear like racism or something like that. Roll Eyes

Because they're a minority. A few years ago we took a bunch of refugees from Africa somewhere. Alot live near me they dont seem to bad. But a heap of em were moved to a town about 3 hrs from here called tamworth. They were given jobs and housing but didn't like their jobs so they quit and went on the dole. They younger ones were starting street gangs and being a real fucking menese.
A few months ago the Mayor of Tamworth refused to let anymore in unless they were really keen to contribute to society.
According to the uni students, he is a racist and was using the unemployment issue as an excuse to not allow anymore.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2007, 10:16:34 PM »

Things we all agree on:

The referee was right.  He followed the rules.

Things we disagree on:

The rule is dumb.  Freedom78 said it best.  If it is something that could only harm that particular player, let the family sign a waiver. 

I was a basketball official for 7 years and I live in the United States.  I have seen both sides of the issue.  I've required men who say they've never taken off their wedding ring, ever, to take it off.  If they hit another player and it causes damage, guess who's getting sued?  That's right, the official.  No jewelry, period.  A head scarf strangling someone???  What the hell???
 rofl  That's just ridiculous.  All the controversy could be avoided if they all just properly tied the thing, or taped it.  Some people just love controversy. 

I've got it!  Velcro religious garb, for sports!  That way, if someone's cleats get caught in her headscarf, it'll just rip away! 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2007, 10:19:29 PM »

^^^That's funny...I had the same idea, except I was thinking of plastic buttons to fasten it!  Leave it to us Americans to try and find a way to make some extra $$$ and solve the problem at the same time.   hihi

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2007, 10:25:38 PM »

^^^That's funny...I had the same idea, except I was thinking of plastic buttons to fasten it!  Leave it to us Americans to try and find a way to make some extra $$$ and solve the problem at the same time.   hihi

I'm sure there's someone at Wal-Mart, with a warehouse full of 'em, just waiting for the MidEast to be more friendly.  rofl

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2007, 10:42:04 PM »

I'm picturing Gil, the bad salesman from The Simpsons trying to pressure Wal-Mart into buying his latest product..."I'm tellin ya, all the kids think these things are Ara-Phat!"  "Get 'em while they're hot! ol' Gil needs a sale, c'mon!!"   peace

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
VIP

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2007, 11:20:32 PM »

I would have done the same thing.

As the ref that is.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2007, 11:44:38 PM »

You're on the team:

The girl refuses to take it off and leaves the game, do you stay or do you leave with her?   What about if you're one of the other teams?
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2007, 09:21:59 AM »

alot of schools have dress code too....so if one is allowed to wear somethign on their head then everyone should be....if its democracy....again them's the breaks Undecided

When I started year 12 at a catholic school there was a muslim kid with a beard but the school had a no facial hair policy but the school let him go with it. I was nearly suspended for not shaving. Even tho this kid wasn't born here nor the same religion as the school it was ok for him but I got my arse kicked coz I wasn't the right religion.

Another catholic school in sydney last year was taunted by protestors and the media because they had a no Non School uniform headwear policy. A Muslim girl wanted to wear her scarf but the school said its not uniform. So she complained to A Current Affair and they ran the story every night untill this sook got her own way. While the rest of the Catholic kids got fuck all.

Hows that for Democracy?

peace

now you are assuming that catholics run the church on a democracy hihi

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2007, 11:19:01 AM »

Hows that for Democracy?

peace

and thats the second gnr album!!! CATHOLIC DEMONCRACY!

html sucks
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2007, 01:35:26 PM »

Hows that for Democracy?

peace

and thats the second gnr album!!! CATHOLIC DEMONCRACY!

I'm wondering...did you intentionally misspell democracy?

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: