Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:38:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Do you believe in god? Why?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you believe in god? Why?  (Read 29228 times)
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2005, 09:30:53 PM »

another topic that has been done over several times and there is a thread do you beleive in God? why? which i bumped.... another that should simply be merged....

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
GnRNightrain
« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2005, 11:39:25 PM »

another topic that has been done over several times and there is a thread do you beleive in God? why? which i bumped.... another that should simply be merged....
Making a push for Moderator Prometheus?
journey
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2005, 12:29:39 AM »

Not to sound anti- religious but i believe God is a pussy (yes i do watch too much south park) Grin
sorry if that insults u but if there was a God, he wouldn't let all the shit that happens in the world happen (September 11th, Tsunami...etc)
When people say everything that happens happens 4 a reason- thats bullshit. God shouldn't of let gnr split up, or Kurt Cobain kill himself. He could have stopped all that. Roll Eyes
Dont get me wrong, everyone has their own opinions- i believe there in Christ, but not in His Father. If that makes sense to you- fair play.
All my life i've heard all the stories bout Adam and Eve ecetra, and was made? believe in "Our Lord" was real and u must go to church and praise the Lord, but now i see its all bull crap.
Dont bash me, and i hope i haven't offended anyone. ok

I think everyone would like for God to step in and stop bad things from happening, but he gave us free will and strong minds. We have to protect each other and make decisions that will benefit one another.? How would we ever learn if God always stepped in and took control?

God does hear our prayers and worries. He helps us in mysterious ways, but we have to pay attention. You can see God in people, like when someone helps you change your car tire. Simple acts of charity reminds us that we are holy. People like Mother Teresa prove that God works through us. His presence is all around, because he's in our hearts.?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2005, 12:33:27 PM by journey » Logged
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2005, 12:40:04 AM »

Isn't God of the earth the Devil?

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2005, 01:42:03 AM »

I? personally do not know if there is or is not a god (or goddess).? What I am fairly certain of is that the bible is not the "word of god" it is the word of man, and is therefore flawed.? (Note:? if it was the word of woman, it would be flawless.? LOL jk)

I do not believe in god, because there have been too many things in life, not just mine, but in the world as a whole, that conflict with the whole notion that there is a god.? Put simply, god cannot be all knowing and all loving at the same time, for if she/he knew everything that would happen, a truly loving being could not allow the horrific things to happen that do happen.

Of course, this is where christians throw in the whole "free will" argument.? However, if there is truly "free will" then, god is also not all knowing, because that would eliminate the possibility of free will, because if god knows what we are going to do before we do it,? then we aren't actually acting on free will, but the will that god gave us.

So either we have free will, and god is all loving... or god is all knowing and in complete control.

And if it's that god is all knowing and in complete control, then that makes us puppets for his amusement.? Which would really piss me off, and make me glad I'm going to hell.

Oh my goddess, I can't believe I've just thrown down the gauntlet for another religious debate.? This is why I left the chatrooms.? May Axl deliver me from the evil that is religious debate, and get me out of here by giving me chinese democracy.? ? hihi? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

gunsnroses393
Headliner

Go Marlins!

« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2005, 03:33:50 AM »

i seem to have an ongoing problem of making threads that already exist. i apologize ill try to pay more attention

cluster fuck message board

http://fsentertainment.proboards37.com
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2005, 04:54:57 AM »

Ether 2:12
Isn't ether a anesthetic? You must mean Esther.

Fuck 'Em All.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2005, 04:56:16 AM »

Real. Bcoz it works.

Fuck 'Em All.
journey
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2005, 12:59:46 PM »

I do not believe in god, because there have been too many things in life, not just mine, but in the world as a whole, that conflict with the whole notion that there is a god.? Put simply, god cannot be all knowing and all loving at the same time, for if she/he knew everything that would happen, a truly loving being could not allow the horrific things to happen that do happen.
Of course, this is where christians throw in the whole "free will" argument.? However, if there is truly "free will" then, god is also not all knowing, because that would eliminate the possibility of free will, because if god knows what we are going to do before we do it,? then we aren't actually acting on free will, but the will that god gave us.
So either we have free will, and god is all loving... or god is all knowing and in complete control.
 ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

People allow horrific things to happen, not God.

Free will has to do with the fact that God does know us intimately, and can sense our direction, but he can't interfere with our direction/actions. If he directed our every move and decided how he wanted us to live, then we would be his puppets.

*Izzy*
*Title*
Legend

*Here Today*

« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2005, 01:39:26 PM »

I belive in God because I belive in Satan because I belive in Evil because I belive in Man

smoking Izzy? smoking

Quote from: MCT
Quote from: D
how much difference is there in GMT to easter time?

Let me think here........is easter time anything like Christmas time?.........
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2005, 03:25:42 PM »

Making a push for Moderator Prometheus?

actualy no "father nighttrain"..... it is one of my biggest peeves and as such im jsut going to be a fucking nag and any time i see a like posted thread im jsut going to post about it

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2005, 03:34:38 PM »

i just realised, jarmo has curly hair and so does god...he also has lots of followers called moderators which could be his disciples...he also wears a shirt with a large G in the middle...coincidence? i think not Grin

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2005, 03:35:27 PM »

I believe in God and I find people who don't believe in God due to bad things happening are misguided individuals.

Personal pain and tragedy lead to ultimate growth and understanding.

U have to go through bad shit in life to grow and be a complete person.

God has ways of testing u and your faith to see who the worthy ones are.

those who fold like a tent and cant face hard times are weak individuals.

those who blame everything bad on God are weak minded individuals.

We are born, We die, if the earth is only a temporary place and a intermediary to the next world, than Death isnt cruel or bad.

We all die, death is the beginning not the end so what's so bad about dying?

U also cannot put human traits into God, U cant judge Heaven and God by earthly ideas and characteristics.

We are here for a reason.

and Journey was right, we are here with free will and strong minds.

I think here is how it works.

People are put on the earth, God interferes here and there but basically we are on our own.
It is our job as mankind to make the world work, we are one big reality Tv show and we have to fix the planet, run it efficiently and find a way to all get along and be peaceful and godlike.

We have a time limit, when our time is up, the world ends... Nuclear War this time and then God will start over with a new group of people to see how well they do.

Humans are the outcast of the world

we are the only species who can worship a God, who know their own mortality, who can get jobs,and have all the range of emotions.

No other species is like humans, so we are like a mutation.

God has a plan and people are just too easy to dismiss God simply cause something bad happens.

the devil is also at work on the earth so maybe he makes the bad shit happen to test your faith against God.

Like I've stated, for some of your sakes, U better hope u are right.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #93 on: May 23, 2005, 04:05:36 PM »

? ? ? ? ? ? ?

People allow horrific things to happen, not God.

Free will has to do with the fact that God does know us intimately, and can sense our direction, but he can't interfere with our direction/actions. If he directed our every move and decided how he wanted us to live, then we would be his puppets.

If one is to accept the notion of god being the creator of all... then one must also accept that in creating all, god also created evil, for without evil there can be no good.  It's about balance.

Hense, if one is to accept that god is the creator of all, and then that he did create evil, then it falls into line that the horrific things that happen, are ultimately also the work of god, as god  (as the creator of all) also created the people that have allowed these horrific things to happen.

My favorite bible verse is:  Isaiah 45:7  (Note:  I have read the bible, in it's entirety, which has lead me to not believe in the christian concept of god.)  This verse says:  ""I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil"  (KJV)

That's supposedly god talking there.  It is a verse about balance within the universe.  You can't create a front without subsequently creating a back.  There is always a "flipside" and evil is the flipside of good. If god is "good" then she/he is also evil. 

As a parent, I am responsible for my children.  I am responsible for teaching them right and wrong, and keep them safe from impending danger. 

A good parent, a kind and loving parent, would not place a child in a room filled with something dangerous (choose your danger:  weapons, drugs, whatever).  A good, loving parent would not put a child in a position of temptation as a test of loyalty and obedience. 

But, god (the ultimate parent???) did this within the mythological story of adam and eve, with the apple, telling them they can look but not touch.  To test their loyalty and obedience. 

this god (if she/he does exist) does this on a daily basis, by demanding our obedience and loyalty, and says, if you don't worship me, I'll punish you for all eternity.  If I punished my daughters by the same rule, I'd be a terrible parent.

and... D... I am right.  Just so you know.   hihi
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2005, 05:02:16 PM »

I believe in God and I find people who don't believe in God due to bad things happening are misguided individuals.

Personal pain and tragedy lead to ultimate growth and understanding.

U have to go through bad shit in life to grow and be a complete person.

God has ways of testing u and your faith to see who the worthy ones are.

those who fold like a tent and cant face hard times are weak individuals.

those who blame everything bad on God are weak minded individuals.

We are born, We die, if the earth is only a temporary place and a intermediary to the next world, than Death isnt cruel or bad.

We all die, death is the beginning not the end so what's so bad about dying?

U also cannot put human traits into God, U cant judge Heaven and God by earthly ideas and characteristics.

We are here for a reason.

and Journey was right, we are here with free will and strong minds.

I think here is how it works.

People are put on the earth, God interferes here and there but basically we are on our own.
It is our job as mankind to make the world work, we are one big reality Tv show and we have to fix the planet, run it efficiently and find a way to all get along and be peaceful and godlike.

We have a time limit, when our time is up, the world ends... Nuclear War this time and then God will start over with a new group of people to see how well they do.

Humans are the outcast of the world

we are the only species who can worship a God, who know their own mortality, who can get jobs,and have all the range of emotions.

No other species is like humans, so we are like a mutation.

God has a plan and people are just too easy to dismiss God simply cause something bad happens.

the devil is also at work on the earth so maybe he makes the bad shit happen to test your faith against God.

Like I've stated, for some of your sakes, U better hope u are right.

So... sense I chose not to believe in God I'm misguided? Just remember you're a product of your parents and their parents before them beliefs.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2005, 06:02:43 PM »

This is gonna be long.

I do believe in God, 1st cause I was taught to, 2nd to explain the reasons that go beyond comprehension is hard to understand for instance I can say that I have felt God whenever I need HIM/SHE, in so many cases. For instance when a cousin died last year I remember she went to MIAMI to buy some clothes cause she was gonna be married, then 2 days later she died, when I heard this I really had goosebumps she was so close to me, when the corpse came back from the USA to my country she had been taken picturues curiosly the 24 pictures in the camera had the same image of God, she never went to a church or thats what I heard, If she went to a church thats ok but 24 pictures?? thats very weird, there can be a lot of explanation, logical explanation, Im kinda Scully when it comes to paranomal, cause I dont think theres an entity that guide our destiny, but I do believe in God.

Whenever I feel restless I go to church and I feel peace, maybe is psicological but I do think that there is God that care for Us.

For the people that think that God let the 9/11 and tsunami and kill children happened thats men fault, we all have free will as we can kill, murder, assassin or whatever you want to say it, we can do good things and bad things cause we can, should we do it? thats up to anyone to decide.

The word belive is very unespecific when it comes to talk about God, do I believe in the theory of the meteorite that killed all the dinosours? NOP does that means that it doesnt exits? I dont think so, so is wrong question of asking if someone believes in God, the questions could be Do you know GOD?, people right away will say yes or no, perhaps people would say I dont know oh I dont care either way when saying do you believe in something is aseverating that something exits. Therfore God exits  Smiley

Another thing is that people think that everything that is going wrong in their lifes people should pray and wait for a miracle, thats just patethic how can a prayer resolve that if people doesnt even have faith in themselves? to solve something from your life or any problems you have just change your selves thats difficult I know but is that or keep whining, If someone is sick and stuff like that is a punishment I dont think so either cause it doesnt have to do with no onea at all a desease is a terrible thing but as we live in this world we should learn how to survive with precaution, if someone have to die thats dreadful I know it sucks but crying can bring back the person from death of course not is ok to cry and release the pain inside but live forever in pain thats just not life.

Someone here said that God also is evil cause in order to be good there has to be evil so we difference it right?, correct me if Im wrong, I think thats a good point of view and I agree with you not totally but I agree with you.

Finally, I believe that the phenoma of nature are the expression of infinitive intelligence and i belive that all form lifes are manifestation of spirits and thus all man are children of GOD  peace

No man can be my equal
Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #96 on: May 23, 2005, 06:04:01 PM »

If one is to accept the notion of god being the creator of all... then one must also accept that in creating all, god also created evil, for without evil there can be no good.  It's about balance.

Hense, if one is to accept that god is the creator of all, and then that he did create evil, then it falls into line that the horrific things that happen, are ultimately also the work of god, as god  (as the creator of all) also created the people that have allowed these horrific things to happen.

My favorite bible verse is:  Isaiah 45:7  (Note:  I have read the bible, in it's entirety, which has lead me to not believe in the christian concept of god.)  This verse says:  ""I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil"  (KJV)

That's supposedly god talking there.  It is a verse about balance within the universe.  You can't create a front without subsequently creating a back.  There is always a "flipside" and evil is the flipside of good. If god is "good" then she/he is also evil. 

that's just the failings of humanity being imprinted onto a higher being...people made god in the image of humanity, not the other way about

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2005, 07:39:36 PM »

No Gunner80 if u choose to not believe in God that is your choice and that is fine.

If u dont believe in God only cause bad shit has happened to u or someone else, that is being misguided.

blaming the world's problems and your own problems on God is being misguided in my opinion.

There is a flip side to everything which is why I always thought that God was the good and The Devil was the bad?

or is that just me?

People who pray for a million bucks and then dont believe in God cause a million dollars isnt in their bank account are misguided.

People who blame God for their problems are misguided.

Life is what u make of it, we have free will to do what we want, which is why God doesnt strike u down when u choose to not believe.

I agree with what IQ said as well above.

Another thing I said, If the life we are living now is the intermediary to the next, then all this bad shit isnt bad at all.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
reckless_life
« Reply #98 on: May 28, 2005, 12:35:06 PM »

the problem i have with religion is that different ones have existed since the beginning of time. what makes (e.g.) christianity so true but all of the others wrong.

people who have been spoken to by god are probably either misinterpreting or using this to give authority to their opinion.

people back then had different interpretation of good and evil, for example the boy with the "evil spirit" aka epillepsy in Mark.

believing in god doesnt make sense, but somehow i cant help doing so
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #99 on: May 28, 2005, 01:03:43 PM »

If someone claims they are being lead by god, being spoken to by god, or carrying out instructions given to them by god,  in this day and age, these people are readily mocked, ridiculed, and basically denounced and dismissed as insane. 

Yet, christians (generically speaking, as a whole group) accept the bible as the word of god. 

God didn't write the bible.  She/he didn't sit on a cloud, pen the books, and then toss it down to earth and say "Hey, I wrote this, check it out."   The bible is the word of humans that claim that god spoke through them.

So, the writers of the bible also claimed to be lead by god, been spoken to by god, and carried out her/his instructions, to write this epic collection of books called the holy bible.  Why are these people not as readily mocked, ridiculed, and dismissed as one who would today make the same claim?             

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: