Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 06:42:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  A different View from the Doom N' Gloomers
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: A different View from the Doom N' Gloomers  (Read 5064 times)
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« on: February 12, 2007, 08:08:48 AM »

It has been a few months since Axl has let us know that it is his intent to to release Chinese Democracy on March 6th. He basically sad that he will let all of know as soon as humanly possible if things change. Well its down to the wire and nothing has been said. Axl has been seen out and about. I take this as a good thing. No news is good news at this point.
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2007, 08:10:51 AM »

It has been a few months since Axl has let us know that it is his intent to to release Chinese Democracy on March 6th. He basically sad that he will let all of know as soon as humanly possible if things change. Well its down to the wire and nothing has been said. Axl has been seen out and about. I take this as a good thing. No news is good news at this point.

He also said this album would be properly promoted.....there's just 3 weeks left  hihi Not gonna happen...and I'm an optimist  ok
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 08:14:59 AM »

We should be used to this by now. CD is most likely not coming out in 3 weeks. However, we should get a firm release date before March 6th has come and gone.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 08:18:26 AM »

I'm thinking late April early May.

If you want my exact prediction, April 24.   yes

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
bangit
Rocker

Here Today..been on mygnr for past few years.

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 08:18:29 AM »

agreed, id be suprised if we didnt hear anything by the end of this week, next week at the latest.

I can see why they arent just sticking more speculation on the site, when they have some concrete info we will be informed. I cant see another tentitive date being announced.

The way i see it they have 2 weeks maximum to decide on a firm release if its gunna come out before touring.

Rock in Rio Lisbon 2006, Download Dublin 2006, Sheffield 2006, Helsinki Live festival 2010, Leeds Festival 2010, Manchester 2010! 6 fucking amazing experiences! Where in 2012?Huh?
quarky
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 10:30:08 AM »

No he didn't. Why does this keep getting misinterpreted?

He said:

Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified.   If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible.

In other words, when a date is confirmed we will be told. if there is a delay (if it isn't March 6th) we will be notified when there is a new date.

He didn't say it would be out unless we hear otherwise..
micfac
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 10:48:12 AM »

that being the case we should be getting the notifcation its not goina come out march 5th in the next couple of weeks
axlisking
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 11:02:55 AM »

its not coming out
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 11:06:44 AM »

its not coming out

You said the same thing last night. Who are you and how in the hell do you know ??   smoking

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2007, 11:15:14 AM »

that being the case we should be getting the notifcation its not goina come out march 5th in the next couple of weeks

if thats a reply to what quarky said, you should read his post again. the essence of what axl said is not that we will be notified that the album isnt coming out on the 6th march (if thats the case), just that we will be told when there is an official release date.

in other words, he has left it so that march 6 could come and go without a word on the album.

i think that would be very silly of him - id like to see a joint tour/album announcement, as many would, it seems - but then he doesnt care about annoying me.

mind, even if a joint announcement did happen, it could still be after march 6th.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2007, 11:20:47 AM »

I wouldn't hold my breath for March 6th. 

I'd guess June at the earliest.  That's just my educated guess. 

I do believe it's coming out soon.  While Axl's to blame for lots of delays with writing and recording, there are other hold-ups the album will run into as it works its way through the release process.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2007, 11:21:23 AM »

I'm guessing 2-3 months from the moment a finished CD is handed  to record comppany is in the neighbourhood of release date.
I trust  that we hear about it instantly when CD has reached a point where Axl/band don't have to work for it anymore.
Simply because that is something Axl must be very easy to be able to get off his chest: "I'm done! whenever the hell it's coming out, not MY problem anymore!"
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 11:25:23 AM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
floppyfish27
Banned
Rocker

back on top of the world

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2007, 11:51:02 AM »

its not coming out

I've just viewed several of your previous posts and you seem to be very negative towards AXL and the band. 
You keep stating "cd has been done for years"     
While everyone has a right to their opinion, your opinion sucks ass. 

Don't post idiotic statements just to be heard, have a thought before you respond!
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2007, 09:47:56 PM »

I wouldn't mind July 17th. It'd be 14 years after the last show on the UYI tour, and the day after my 18th birthday. Cheesy

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2007, 09:52:57 PM »

Hell if were talking about birthdays I'm guessing it'll be out sometime in AUGUST, right around my birthday.  No news is BAD news...bring on a FIRM release Axl!
Bow-Chicka-Bow-Wow
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 10:06:29 PM »

Hey, my birthday is February 27th...........Oh nevermind. Cry
I'll be happy as hell whenever it comes out.  Cool
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2007, 10:36:05 AM »

He also said this album would be properly promoted.....there's just 3 weeks left? hihi Not gonna happen...and I'm an optimist? ok

Good point.

Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2007, 08:15:15 PM »

maybe around my birthday ...June 18th Cheesy

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
jimb0
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2007, 09:59:03 PM »

More like my birthday.  January 9th. 

I just stopped anticipating it, so I'll have a pleasant surprise when it does come out. 
Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2007, 10:09:06 PM »

Impressively wrong. Universal has released their list of albums through April and CD isn't on it. We haven't heard anything. If Axl was against the 13 Tuesdays plan, why would he just now drop the album with literally NO promotion. No news is bad news. He won't hide the news that this massive weight has been lifted off his shoulders. But it hasn't happened.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: