Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:32:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R in South Africa in April & May
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R in South Africa in April & May  (Read 36847 times)
elmir
VIP

« Reply #160 on: February 02, 2007, 12:32:52 PM »

Btw will www.gunsnroses.com be selling the tickets as well as they are not listed yet

did they sell tickets for European shows?
I think they're only licensed to sell tickets in the States.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #161 on: February 02, 2007, 12:35:03 PM »

My daughter's fav band/vocalist and my fav band/vocalist.? If this were televised or streamed, we'd make it a mother daughter thing Grin

it will definitely be recorded, not sure about broadcasting or streaming....definitely not going to happen live...but perhaps delayed in a few days time, like RAR....

i know the staging company...and lots of guys in it....if those tapes are anywhere within 50m from where i am....you can rest assured we will have some audio visual...when though, i don't know...

It would be absolutely amazing if they did something like that, though we can't be sure they will of course.  That you have this access is amazing..can't wait to see what happens! Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
anythinggoes
« Reply #162 on: February 02, 2007, 12:37:44 PM »

Btw will www.gunsnroses.com be selling the tickets as well as they are not listed yet

did they sell tickets for European shows?
I think they're only licensed to sell tickets in the States.

The site was not online for the European shows
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #163 on: February 02, 2007, 12:51:09 PM »

This is pretty cool...So hopefully theyll be back in time for some summer NA shows

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
xj220
Headliner

TWAT=goodness

« Reply #164 on: February 02, 2007, 01:18:44 PM »

I take it as a good sign.  Axl isn't stupid (despite what it may seem like at times) and he knows we're getting restless.  I think he realizes this and is ready to start playing with an album now.  The fact that they've signed up to do a gig in April seems to me that their work on the album will be done and the promotion and gigs will begin.

"Face it, if crime did not pay there would be very few criminals." -Laughton Lewis Burdock
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #165 on: February 02, 2007, 01:52:10 PM »

No new news, but everyone here likes reading GN'R-related articles...riiiight?  ok

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003541224

Guns N' Roses will play their first-ever African shows when they headline My Coke Fest 2007. The rock group tops a bill that so far includes Evanescence and Hoobastank at Johannesburg's New Market Racecourse on April 27 and Cape Town's Kenilworth Racecourse on May 1.

My Coke Fest 2007 follows on the heels of 2006's Coca-Cola Collab Massive Mix, which saw Metallica play in the country for the first time, along with Simple Plan, Collective Soul, Seether and others.

Seether's Sean Morgan has frequently visited the country with ex-girlfriend Amy Lee, but the Evanescence frontwoman will be performing with her band for the first time at the events.

As previously reported, Guns N' Roses' new album, "Chinese Democracy," is tentatively due March 6 via Interscope, but no news has been heard about the project since Axl Rose's lengthy Internet posting announcing the date in December.

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
madagas
« Reply #166 on: February 02, 2007, 02:06:16 PM »

VIA INTERSCOPE....does billboard, a very reputable industry magazine know the record label?
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #167 on: February 02, 2007, 02:23:21 PM »

Well, the good news is that its confirmed!  ok

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
AxlRose4eva1
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #168 on: February 02, 2007, 03:02:24 PM »

I would like to see a duet with Axl and Amy Lee. The best current male and female vocalist alive.

So Jagger, Geoff Tate and 95% of women on earth must have died.  I can understand Axl cause he is unique, i would say best frontman, but vocalist, mike patton and sebastian bach were in his era and they are better vocalists, thats not saying Axl isnt better or more fun to watch in a rock band.  Sorry to snipe at this its just such a wrong statement and I dont want people thinking Amy Lee is the best female vocalist alive?  In popularity no way, in sheer vocal talent theres no way.  As for Amy Lee its pretty much not even worth commenting, ill just say amy lee would have no right being on stage with someone like Natalie Dessa. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1k5l4oiCEcy.
TrixAreForKids
Silly Rabbit
Rocker

Tongue like a razor.

« Reply #169 on: February 02, 2007, 03:02:35 PM »

Well, the good news is that its confirmed!? ok

It's also good news that GnR' have started to schedule shows for 07'. This implies to me that we should be hearing some news on CD's status sometime very soon.
Q4Q4LS1
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #170 on: February 02, 2007, 03:34:20 PM »

hopefully the album drops b4 then
downzy56
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #171 on: February 02, 2007, 03:45:47 PM »

Well, the good news is that its confirmed!  ok

It's also good news that GnR' have started to schedule shows for 07'. This implies to me that we should be hearing some news on CD's status sometime very soon.

Yes, it should.  But we've heard this logic before (Europe tour, North American tour).  Unfortunately normal logic isn't always of much use when it comes to this band.  Let's keep our fingers crossed...

Cheers,

Andrew

Detroit '02
Toronto '02
London, ON '02
Boston '02
NYC '02
Philadelphia '02
NYC '06
Paris, FR '06
Toronto '06
Ottawa '06
Quebec City '06
Hamilton '10
London '10
Toronto '10
Hamilton '11
elmir
VIP

« Reply #172 on: February 02, 2007, 04:10:21 PM »

It would be absolutely amazing if they did something like that, though we can't be sure they will of course.  That you have this access is amazing..can't wait to see what happens! Grin

well, the national broadcaster spends millions on importing US produced tv content, despite the fact that there is a legislation whereby they have to spend more on locally produced stuff...so them buying rights to air the footage is a possibility...especially when one of their channels was a direct partner with Universal when GH came out, so all the tv ads as well as the actual cd of GH were co-branded with this massive SABC (South African Broadcast Corporation) logo...it was quite terrible actually...but they sold a shitload...so that's all what counts...

there is also an independent music channel locally (kind of like MTV) http://www.mk89.co.za/ and they will definitelly be covering the festival....so there will be lots of edited footage and shows and reports of sorts about the show....i will be able to get my hands on that...worse case scenario, I'll just record it off the tv...

the raw footage itself i am not too sure about...but i'm enough of a gnr collector and fan to go on some serious mission to see if there is any of it hidden away somewhere....

what i would like though, is to get the opp to meet the guys...and have Axl over for dinner one night....my wife cooks a mean lamb roast...

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
rds.06
Jackie!!!
Rocker

"I'm Melting"

« Reply #173 on: February 02, 2007, 04:18:16 PM »

I think that they might be scheduling a few more shows and i think when a few more are booked that we will get a statement from Axl confirming the shows and news on the album (hopefully a solid release date). Grin

"to live with fortune and fame"
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #174 on: February 02, 2007, 04:59:28 PM »

http://www.drownedinsound.com/articles/1577682

Gn'R line up first-ever African shows

The band both formerly and currently known as Guns N' Roses are to visit Africa for the first time ever later this year. To play some rock shows, you understand.

Axl Rose and crew are scheduled to play in Johannesburg and Cape Town, on April 27 and May 1 respectively. The gigs are part of the My Coke Fest, whatever that is, and the bill/s also feature Hoobastank and Evanescence. Brill.

Gn'R's Chinese Democracy album, originally due for release in 1984 or something, is meant to be seeing the light of day on March 6, via Interscope. That's pretty soon, and we've not had a copy. Someone, somewhere, isn't doing their job. That, or there IS NO album...

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #175 on: February 02, 2007, 05:13:55 PM »

Harsh. I wonder if this people would ever say anything positive once the album gets finally released.

elmir
VIP

« Reply #176 on: February 02, 2007, 05:15:08 PM »

name of this festival is so wrong....on so many levels...that ad agency should get their asses whipped...

Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #177 on: February 02, 2007, 05:15:40 PM »

Harsh. I wonder if this people would ever say anything positive once the album gets finally released.

I didn't think it was harsh. He clearly wants to hear the album.

Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #178 on: February 02, 2007, 05:17:25 PM »

name of this festival is so wrong....on so many levels...that ad agency should get their asses whipped...

I never noticed that, ROFL!

elmir
VIP

« Reply #179 on: February 02, 2007, 05:28:35 PM »

I never noticed that, ROFL!

well, then you must be the only one, cause everyone else has been having a field day with it since it was announced....

its downright terrible.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: