Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:20:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R in South Africa in April & May
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R in South Africa in April & May  (Read 36832 times)
elmir
VIP

« Reply #140 on: February 02, 2007, 05:14:07 AM »

Axl Rose to head line-up of rockers in SA
February 2, 2007

Guns 'n Roses, one of the world's legendary rock bands, are set to tour South Africa in April.

They will be taking part in The Coke Fest event at the Newmarket Racecourse in Johannesburg on April 27 and Kenilworth Racecourse in Cape Town on Tuesday, May 1.

This year, sponsors Coca-Cola will put on 10 bands over 12 hours. Guns 'n Roses's only remaining original member, Axl Rose, will be performing with a new line-up.

Evanescence will also appear and a line-up of local groups will be announced next week. - Staff Writer

http://www.tonight.co.za/index.php?fSectionId=364&fArticleId=3659753

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #141 on: February 02, 2007, 08:00:16 AM »

GN'R will appear only for the first date of the festival, right?

It's looking good man, I'm happy for you guys in SA! It'd be great to see the ads! Are they using the new logo?

elmir
VIP

« Reply #142 on: February 02, 2007, 08:05:20 AM »

GN'R will appear only for the first date of the festival, right?

It's looking good man, I'm happy for you guys in SA! It'd be great to see the ads! Are they using the new logo?

they're doing both as far as i know, jhb and cape town....two shows.
in the newspaper, they simply mentioned what i posted above from that website, with a picture of Axl from the hammerstein show, the one most magazines have been using, where he's almost kneeling down....and that's it so far...

street posters refer to that article.

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #143 on: February 02, 2007, 08:12:13 AM »

That pic? Wink

Sounds good man! Both dates...thanks for the heads up!

elmir
VIP

« Reply #144 on: February 02, 2007, 08:17:37 AM »

yes, that pic....with a pic of Evanescence, and that small paragraph.
nothing worth scanning in.

Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #145 on: February 02, 2007, 08:57:05 AM »

http://www.5fm.co.za/events/eventsdetails.aspx?id=7281

apparently there's a new guns n roses biography coming soon
elmir
VIP

« Reply #146 on: February 02, 2007, 08:59:39 AM »

that i don't understand.
why in the world would they mention that on a festival press release?

Jimmy?
Legend

« Reply #147 on: February 02, 2007, 09:08:00 AM »

that i don't understand.

It does seem a bit strange.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #148 on: February 02, 2007, 11:27:25 AM »

that i don't understand.

Maybe there will be a new "official" biography from GN'R management to be included on all concert promoter's websites. Just my guess...

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Jimmy?
Legend

« Reply #149 on: February 02, 2007, 11:29:30 AM »

that i don't understand.

Maybe there will be a new "official" biography from GN'R management to be included on all concert promoter's websites. Just my guess...

i was thinkin that too...it certainately is possible
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #150 on: February 02, 2007, 11:37:23 AM »

by the way its written, I think it just means that they are going to recieve an updated band info blurb bit for press yet, ie GnR band members and their triumphant live return last year etc...like the blurbs about Evanescence/Hooba underneath.  I reckon its just press talk.  GnR prob dont want a promoter making up their own one in case they get wrong info and cause a stir if incorrect band members are listed/wrong info going out.

I think its great that GnR are heading to new territories - how exciting for the SA fans!  Very pleased for you!  The atmosphere will be  no doubt amazing...  peace
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #151 on: February 02, 2007, 11:51:04 AM »

congrats to all the South African Fans...enjoy this oportunity it wont dissapoint ok

them playing shows again cant be a bad thing...it's always good when gnr is in the public eye.  i just hope the album is out (or at least turned over to the Label) before a full tour gets underway...i'm not certain but i'd think that studio work would become second fiddle when the guys get on the road Undecided

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #152 on: February 02, 2007, 11:56:07 AM »

right now i have no doubt in my mind that this will happen, this'll be great for.. well there aint nothing bad with it headbanger
Shit Hawk
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #153 on: February 02, 2007, 12:05:48 PM »

Evanescence also confirmed appearance for the same event....except on their site the dates (and venues as well as cities) are not the same as the ones announced on radio.

4/27/2007 - Kenilworth Race Track - Cape Town, ZA - My Coke Festival Freedom Day

5/1/2007 - Pretoria Loftus Stadium - Cape Town, ZA - My Coke Festival Labour Day

I would like to see a duet with Axl and Amy Lee. The best current male and female vocalist alive.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #154 on: February 02, 2007, 12:09:46 PM »

By the way how's the fan base in SA? Are there a lot of GN'R fans there?

LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #155 on: February 02, 2007, 12:13:20 PM »

Evanescence also confirmed appearance for the same event....except on their site the dates (and venues as well as cities) are not the same as the ones announced on radio.

4/27/2007 - Kenilworth Race Track - Cape Town, ZA - My Coke Festival Freedom Day

5/1/2007 - Pretoria Loftus Stadium - Cape Town, ZA - My Coke Festival Labour Day

I would like to see a duet with Axl and Amy Lee. The best current male and female vocalist alive.

My daughter's fav band/vocalist and my fav band/vocalist.  If this were televised or streamed, we'd make it a mother daughter thing Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
elmir
VIP

« Reply #156 on: February 02, 2007, 12:24:15 PM »

By the way how's the fan base in SA? Are there a lot of GN'R fans there?

huge...let me explain it this way for those who know very little about sa...

Think of the country as mini USA....Johannesburg is often compared to NY, and Cape Town to San Francisko....both for their cosmopolitan appeal as well as their population structure.

Whatever major act is huge in the states....its almost guaranteed its going to be huge here...its a large country...with lots of straight roads....but unlike the states, south africans love European cars....

when gnr were at their highest in the early nineties, there was no high school kid in this country who didn't wish they'd come here...

gnr are played at every major rock club and house party religiously to this day, and have inspired and motivated a number of local rock acts...some of them very good....some of them crap....i hope the good ones make the festival....but usually the crap ones are the ones with all the connections...

anyway, gnr will have no issue packing this venue, both in jhb and cape town, and because big foreign acts only come here once or twice a year, no one will complain when Axl decides to start the show 5 hours later...

having said that, i don't expect the sa crowd to pay attention or even react favorably to the new material....they are all going there to hear jungle, paradise city, scom and november rain....songs they remember and love....

and if axl is smart, he will arrive here a few days earlier, pick up on one or two local euphemisms and slangs, mention those live on stage....and will have them eating out of his hand no matter what he sounds like or decides to do...

Chief
Legend

« Reply #157 on: February 02, 2007, 12:26:49 PM »

Wow, very interesting!  I take this as good news.. I didn't actually expect them to play here any time soon!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
elmir
VIP

« Reply #158 on: February 02, 2007, 12:28:06 PM »

My daughter's fav band/vocalist and my fav band/vocalist.  If this were televised or streamed, we'd make it a mother daughter thing Grin

it will definitely be recorded, not sure about broadcasting or streaming....definitely not going to happen live...but perhaps delayed in a few days time, like RAR....

i know the staging company...and lots of guys in it....if those tapes are anywhere within 50m from where i am....you can rest assured we will have some audio visual...when though, i don't know...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 12:30:36 PM by theProject » Logged

anythinggoes
« Reply #159 on: February 02, 2007, 12:29:53 PM »

Sounds like it will be a great show i wonder if these will be the first shows of 2007 or if anymore April or even March dates will be announced.

Btw will www.gunsnroses.com be selling the tickets as well as they are not listed yet
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: