Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:59:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  [RUMOR] Chinese Democracy in June. Video for Madagascar is done?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: [RUMOR] Chinese Democracy in June. Video for Madagascar is done?  (Read 27718 times)
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2007, 04:48:59 PM »

I think Silkworms should be the first single. ?

What, it grabs people's attentions... ?confused

Listen motherfuckers here's a song that should be heard...

hihi

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2007, 04:49:43 PM »

Axl said he would let us know immediately if there are delays.  No news is good news - unless Axl lied.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2007, 04:51:58 PM »

^ People with common sense know.

FAKE.

*Waits for next rumor*  confused

You'd be surprised........  smoking

Jonx
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2007, 04:54:44 PM »

I think it's highly unlikely ' Madagascar ' will be the first single. So, I'm also saying bullshit!

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
rds.06
Jackie!!!
Rocker

"I'm Melting"

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2007, 04:55:03 PM »

Why on earth would be the Polish the first to know?

Why not?

It would have to start somewhere.

"to live with fortune and fame"
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2007, 04:55:58 PM »

"Better" is the first single.  Why else would it have been worked into the Harley ad?  Not buying in until some reputable US sources come along...
Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2007, 04:56:50 PM »

Actually Mady makes sense. ?They might be trying to go for the mass appeal ala November Rain.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 05:00:49 PM by Tommie » Logged

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2007, 04:57:26 PM »

"Better" is the first single.? Why else would it have been worked into the Harley ad?? Not buying in until some reputable US sources come along...

Yeah, unless this comes from somewhere more reputable, I'm gonna assume it's BS.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2007, 04:59:47 PM »

i thought we all agreed that the first single would be a catchy rock song, get them back in the spotlight. and Better pretty much was their intended single last year cuz of the harley ad etc.

i love Madagascar and it would make a good second or third or fourth single but first?? i don think so.

and i dont think some polish news site would be the first to know......

i call bullshit.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2007, 05:00:06 PM »

the single not being better and the news coming from poland and not from the gnr camp/label/etc makes this a little fishy...

on the other hand CD is going to be released in europe first for all we know, so it could make sense.

i thought we all agreed that the first single would be a catchy rock song, get them back in the spotlight.

noone cares what you agreed on dude hihi    no offense, but should axl care about what we think he should do?

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2007, 05:00:24 PM »

My birthday is in June so I just checked to see if it falls on a Tuesday.

It just so happens it does, so I may want to believe this June rumor now. ?hihi

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2007, 05:01:39 PM »

Translation from my polish friend:

Guns N Roses are releasing an album

According to Axl Rose, ?Chinese Democracy? the first GNR studio album in 14 years, will appear in June. This news may have been exciting to fans, if it weren?t for the fact that Rose had changed the release date of the album more than 30 times.

This album may make it to the World Book of Guinness records. ?Chinese Democracy? was initially supposed to appear in 1999.  Since then, the date of release was changed at least four or five times per year. Each time, Axl Rose explained that the songs are good, actually quite good, however he still has to work on them.  To date the work on the album cost him 13 million dollars.

Interestingly, the most hard core fans know almost all of the new songs, which are supposed to appear on ?Chinese Democracy?. The band regularly plays them at concerts. In June 2006, two of these were played at a concert in Warsaw. Supposedly Axl also has a music video ready for the song ?Madagascar?.

Despite the length of time, there is enormous interest in the new GNR album. Concert tickets are selling out, and a greatest hits album released 2 years ago went 5 times platinum. The last publicized GNR recording ?Oh My God? appeared in Nov 1999 on the soundtrack of the movie ?(some movie title which translates directly to ?The end is near?)?.

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2007, 05:03:24 PM »

Translation from my polish friend:

Guns N Roses are releasing an album

According to Axl Rose, ?Chinese Democracy? the first GNR studio album in 14 years, will appear in June. This news may have been exciting to fans, if it weren?t for the fact that Rose had changed the release date of the album more than 30 times.

This album may make it to the World Book of Guinness records. ?Chinese Democracy? was initially supposed to appear in 1999.? Since then, the date of release was changed at least four or five times per year. Each time, Axl Rose explained that the songs are good, actually quite good, however he still has to work on them.? To date the work on the album cost him 13 million dollars.

Interestingly, the most hard core fans know almost all of the new songs, which are supposed to appear on ?Chinese Democracy?. The band regularly plays them at concerts. In June 2006, two of these were played at a concert in Warsaw. Supposedly Axl also has a music video ready for the song ?Madagascar?.

Despite the length of time, there is enormous interest in the new GNR album. Concert tickets are selling out, and a greatest hits album released 2 years ago went 5 times platinum. The last publicized GNR recording ?Oh My God? appeared in Nov 1999 on the soundtrack of the movie ?(some movie title which translates directly to ?The end is near?)?.

That should be 3 years ago...

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
nonlinear
VIP

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2007, 05:04:50 PM »

^^well, i guess the article is wrong then.  maybe it came out in poland 2 years ago?

"This isn't McDonald's or Burger King - it isn't 'Have it your way.'"
- Axl Rose, as cited by Del James
acdcUSSR
Rocker

Here Tomorrow...

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2007, 05:05:33 PM »

How suprising Roll Eyes

And then in the first week of May, we'll get a message saying it's coming out in November.

Stop fucking with us. Release the damn album.

You dig, what the fuck I'm saying? Homefuck!?
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2007, 05:05:53 PM »

Now I *really* don't buy it. ?No mention of Axl's letter of the "tentative" date? ?When we hear news of any official release, we'll all be able to read about it on the official site.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2007, 05:06:27 PM »

according to axl?   there`s a video to maddy?

i don`t buy this............  did axl call them or what?

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2007, 05:07:21 PM »

well this is either BS or some polish reporter gave one to many blowjobs to get this info.

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2007, 05:18:31 PM »

Well we can forget the June thing they won't know anything we don't, a Polish newspaper won't leak the release of CD (no disrespect to anybody Polish btw). The Madagascar bit is interesting though, I've never heard that, it certainly seems to be a favourite of his considering it's been played at about 95 % of shows since RIR 3. It doesn't claim that Madagascar will be the first single, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was a 2nd or 3rd single though.

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
Deadfeat
Opening Act

Here Today.....waiting forever

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2007, 05:22:58 PM »

The article also says that "Axl has changed the release day over 30 times". Well last I looked, Axl has never given an actual release date, and the one date that he did provide is listed as "tentative"

DF.

What is Chinese Democracy?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: